BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  10
Author: Subject: MISSING PERSON: Please Help Us Find Mike!
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 07:30 PM

Thanks Shari and others for all your help. Praying for some positive news...
vailgrl
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 07:34 PM

Hopefully!! Thanks, BG..
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 08:00 PM

....wow,,,was just sending a U2U,,and found this.....I had totally forgotten about it,,but it's a very similar situation not so long ago,with positive outcome! ...I share it in hope and prayer......

----------------------------

.....''I'm glad your brother's safe!!..as much as he left a suicide note,,,the purchase of a bunch of camp-gear was something of a 'clue' that the 'jury was out' for the dear fellow........I'm glad they came back with a life sentence! :biggrin::D:rolleyes:
...nothing like the sacred manuscript of Baja's wilderness to help perspective when one get's troubled .....I know for me my visit's to Baja have helped me stay on the planet...it's not that I've ever felt particularly suicidal,,,but visits to Baja probably have saved my life,,as much as some adventures have taken me to the edge!
...life on the edge of existence makes mundane everyday life -much- more bearable!...I hope our friend can use our beautiful baja as pro-active medicine in the future,,,,and perhaps come join this site for that 'vicarious' connection that helps between visits''

[Edited on 8-6-2014 by micah202]
vailgrl
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 08:52 PM

Thank you, Micah..
vailgrl
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2014 at 06:27 AM

Please continue to watch for Mike..Thank you..
MICK
Nomad

Mood: livin the good life on the river

[*] posted on 8-6-2014 at 07:27 AM

Jaime's e-mail is
jaime_sanjuanico@yahoo.com

Working on his phone number

Good luck Mick

[Edited on 8-6-2014 by MICK]

Getting there is ALL the fun!
Ok being here is fun to
vailgrl
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2014 at 07:51 AM

THANK YOU, Mick!!!!! Thank you...xoxo
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2014 at 08:01 AM

...BajaGringo...please check your U2U's,,,thanx.
vailgrl
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2014 at 08:19 AM

I've emailed Jaime, and pray that he can help us. He showed Mike Domingo's many years ago...
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2014 at 10:09 AM

VG Do you know the surfer who manages the B&B in San Juanico for his parents? He might be a good person to contact as well:

casitassanjuanico@gmail.com

Http://www.casitassanjuanico.com

We are in La Bocana which is close to Punta Abreojos, another surfing spot, so I will contact folks there for them to keep an eye out too.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
vailgrl
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2014 at 10:28 AM

I had an email back from Jaime just now, great news, if Mike's headed his way:
LeeAnn, I have given instrctions to the game wardens to report in on any vehicles camped at Domingo. They have a big boat parked out there 24/7 with a full crew. They keep track of all traffic. That's all they do. So we should know if Mike shows or is there today.
If his truck is reported we will go out and try to talk to him.
There is a lot of Baja between here and San Quintin but luckily we have the boat on duty 24/7
Baja can cure a lot of problems. Let's hope that's what he came down here to do
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2014 at 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
VG Do you know the surfer who manages the B&B in San Juanico for his parents? He might be a good person to contact as well:

casitassanjuanico@gmail.com

Http://www.casitassanjuanico.com

We are in La Bocana which is close to Punta Abreojos, another surfing spot, so I will contact folks there for them to keep an eye out too.

Tom is not managing it at the moment. His Mom is and her name is Kristin. Good luck! :)

[Edited on 8-6-2014 by Ateo]

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2014 at 06:12 PM

...time to rent a plane??

vailgrl
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2014 at 01:05 AM

I wish to God I could...
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 8-7-2014 at 02:54 AM

I assume he has been reported missing to the local authorities. Leaving his medication behind is not a good sign. Prednisone is not a medication you can suddenly stop taking, you can go into severe adrenal insufficiency. Could be a long term COPD problem or something more serious. Was he ill that you know of? I would not continue to hope he went south of the border especially without his meds. Yes it's heartbreaking for you but concentrate North of the Border please. Leucadia is a lovely area, too bad no one knew if he was suffering from depression or not. I did also note on your Facebook page you are posting he was found alive. We all know that sightings can be sketchy at best until we can confirm them. How often do you see Mike? It appears you are living in Colorado? When was the last time you saw him?

[Edited on 8-7-2014 by EnsenadaDr]
vailgrl
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2014 at 08:22 AM

Thank you for your comments, EnsenadaDr, but I'll continue to search both north and south of the border.
And I will continue to hope..
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 8-7-2014 at 08:29 AM

I did not say to not hope, but to give a sighting of Mike by a grocery store employee with no confirmation as a definitive sign that he is alive might be a bit premature. Perhaps a trip down south of the border yourself where you yourself know the special spots you and Mike spent time together would be more productive. I did notice the Facebook photos you put up on your site with Mike and you enjoying Baja together and it is certainly heart wrenching for everyone, and especially a spouse or girlfriend. BajaNomad has many connections and avenues for contacts but there is nothing like the family themselves going and looking personally for their loved ones. Good luck and I certainly wish you peace and resolve in your journey to find Mike.

[Edited on 8-7-2014 by EnsenadaDr]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2014 at 09:01 AM

We are all looking out for him!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2014 at 09:10 AM

Vailgrl,

It may comfort you to know that he can buy prednisone in Mexico at any pharmacy without an Rx. It's cheap. No doubt a doctor prescribed it and it's been my experience that they carefully explain the ins and outs of the medication when the prescription is made. I've taken it off and on, injections and pills, for over 40 years and have had no problems.
vailgrl
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2014 at 09:31 AM

Thank you, SFandH..
He had completed the Prednisone. The medication he left behind was his asthma inhaler and pills, both of which can be purchased in Mexico, I know.
Thank you for your words..
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  10

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.