Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  9
Author: Subject: Ocean front dwellers look out
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 7-23-2015 at 04:08 PM

Federal Laws and regulations are written with business realities incorporated ...

That consideration is part of the Legislative process by Law

Think of the Supreme Courts ruling on Coal emissions

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/jun/29/supreme-c...

And to think that business concerns are not part of the Legislative process for these "sites" is disingenuous at best

If there were no risk and/or a reasonable risk, they wouldn't be having such a hard time finding a home for it

Unless an "Immediate threat to Health and Environment" ... economics are a part of all Legislation ... and even under emergencies, some folks make a buck

All we're arguing about is the "cost" IMHO

That there isn't "risk" associated with radio active waste is not a valid argument, that's why it is classified as radio active waste by the Federal Government, along for how one "store's" and/or "handing's" radio active waste until it becomes non radio active by Federal definition

The Law and regulations also how to classify all "waste stream"s and how that "waste" shall be handled

To have such Regulatory requirements is an indication of the "risk" inherent with radio active materials and/or their use :):)

and when storage fills up ... we can always do what ***ushima does ... dump into the Oceans ... :lol::lol: ... 4 years at 20 tones a day ... :lol::lol:

http://www.infowars.com/japan-begins-purposely-dumping-100s-...

[Edited on 7-23-2015 by wessongroup]

[Edited on 7-24-2015 by wessongroup]
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2015 at 05:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
Difficult to ID them because they are the silent majority. And they do not want publicity as I said before. Their studies and findings are out there and not in the general public view. We only get snips if their findings and they contradict the reports that have the warming agenda to publicize.

Its only for the secret society Huh? When you meet, do you bring your medical MJ?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-23-2015 at 05:52 PM

Sad situation. Glaciers have increased in size or stayed the same for the last 5 years and this discarded NASA crackpot says they are melting.
And the real qualified scientists are reluctant to speak up for fear that they will be shouted down by the lefty's and could loose their research support for the real science.
Be a skeptic and wait for real facts not frivolous projections based of political influence.
PW

Difficult to ID them because they are the silent majority. And they do not want publicity as I said before. Their studies and findings are out there and not in the general public view. We only get snips if their findings and they contradict the reports that have the warming agenda to publicize.

a silent majority? ha! hogwash! you denialists got to come up with a better argument than that!
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2015 at 06:47 PM

Okay, I want to learn more. Since they won't go public, where can we access information as to their existence and their findings?

It is difficult to know if something is valid or not if it remains in the shadows.

I am serious as for the sake of my grandchildren, I would LOVE to know that all the other scientists are wrong.

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2015 at 06:59 PM

Ask yourself who is more likely to have an agenda, independent research scientists from around the world or scientists who are paid by the fossil fuel industry?

"The future ain't what it used to be"
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2015 at 07:05 PM

A significant approach is being introduced, which may have greater positive effects, than previous comprises from Business as it relates to "Growth" and the environment

"But more than a stage for the simple signing of declarations, the Vatican summit represents a fundamental shift in how the issue of climate change is framed. Not only did the participants sign their names to a joint statement declaring that human-induced climate change must be countered, they also agreed that doing so is a “moral imperative.”

Which is something that has not been all that successful in the past ... Individual moral responsibility ... Even Islam has taken the same basic position, and that would be both Sunni and Shia

Considering both religions comprise around 2.5 billion people .. we might see some change, if there is time left

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/pope-represents-fu...

bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2015 at 08:14 PM

Sad situation. Glaciers have increased in size or stayed the same for the last 5 years and this discarded NASA crackpot says they are melting.

Ye gods man. 'Listen' to yourself.
Whenever there's collapse, its followed by some recovery ... by default!! (It's called 'noise' that accompanies the 'trend'. The trend is DOWNWARD!!! Please stop w/ the nonsense! Maybe spend some time and actually do your own research? Just a suggestion.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siVilq2oI50 (wade thru the first few minutes of attempted humor)
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 7-23-2015 at 08:38 PM

Well, there it went, spiraling the drain. As soon as someone dares to question the "man made climate change" club they come out gun's a blazing with insults. Nice going guys and gals, carry on, this thread will be all yours now :no:

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2015 at 08:41 PM

Some folks have obviously swallowed way too much Koch (bros) ! :lol:

(or, there's a guilt aspect (unfounded) maybe? ;D)
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2015 at 08:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by dtbushpilot  
Well, there it went, spiraling the drain. As soon as someone dares to question the "man made climate change" club they come out gun's a blazing with insults. Nice going guys and gals, carry on, this thread will be all yours now :no:

What's happening is people are asking PaulW to further explain his "agenda" remark. He hasn't. Perhaps you can shed some light on what he means.
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2015 at 08:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by monoloco  
Ask yourself who is more likely to have an agenda, independent research scientists from around the world or scientists who are paid by the fossil fuel industry?

Did you really say "independent scientists from around the world"? Someone pays them for their opinion.....just follow the money. Before you start bloviating about NASA or the other alphabet organizations ask yourself where they get their funding and what is the source of their funding's agenda just like you would if it was big oil.

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2015 at 08:47 PM

The gov funds NASA. So?
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2015 at 09:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
The gov funds NASA. So?

Thank you for making my point so clearly.

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2015 at 09:42 PM

The transition from Science to Politics is the nature of the beast ... only difference is that Religion has been added on this one ... by the Pope

Which should make things a lot of fun ... :biggrin::biggrin:

Look what it has done for Islam with Sunni vs Shia thingy

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-23-2015 at 09:56 PM

Did you really say "independent scientists from around the world"? Someone pays them for their opinion.....just follow the money. Before you start bloviating about NASA or the other alphabet organizations ask yourself where they Jget their funding and what is the source of their funding's agenda just like you would if it was big oil.

You denialists are pathetic. You don't like what science tells us, so you claim it is all lies. Pathetic.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2015 at 11:04 PM

Did you really say "independent scientists from around the world"? Someone pays them for their opinion.....just follow the money. Before you start bloviating about NASA or the other alphabet organizations ask yourself where they get their funding and what is the source of their funding's agenda just like you would if it was big oil.
Also universities in every country on the planet, and NOAA, I personally know a few NOAA scientists and I guarantee that they get funded no matter what their data shows. Do you really believe that it is more likely that there is a vast conspiracy between the majority of governmental and university climate scientists to fudge the data, than there is that the fossil fuel industry is trying to protect their profits? Maybe it's just a coincidence that almost all the scientists that deny there is a link between co2 emissions and climate change, just happen to be employed by the fossil fuel industry or one of their trade groups, and maybe there is a perfectly innocent reason that they try so very hard to hide that fact.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2015 at 07:43 AM

Wow, I was gone for a bit and ended up in the middle of Paul's dog pile.
My first comment was about piling up on someone with insults and demands because they have an opinion contrary to yours. Paul has an opinion, it doesn't agree with yours, so what?
Apparently I'm a pathetic "denialist" according to the goat. I haven't said anything about my beliefs on the topic but my momentary association with someone who shares a different view than yours makes me a target of ridicule and scorn. Well, ok, if that's what gets you through the day I'm glad to help out.
There are plenty of research scientists out there researching stuff, most of them get a pay check from somewhere. The student scientists are doing research for their university who is also funded from somewhere. Research costs money, someone is paying for it. There is a lot of science out there for both sides to ponder, if your mind is already made up you probably won't give much credence to views that conflict with yours, that's just human nature not right or wrong.
I won't share my personal beliefs about the climate change topic because it wouldn't add anything to the conversation, I think all of our minds are made up on one side or another.
Do I think that scientific findings funded by the energy companies could be skewed by their personal agenda? Of course. The same holds true for science funded by our government (who has an agenda of it's own) or any other source. It is naïve to assume otherwise in my opinion but if you don't agree that's ok with me. :biggrin:

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2015 at 07:54 AM

We are talking about "people" ... variation is to be expected, and welcomed ... in most cases .. :):)

Just think how boring it would be if everyone agreed ...

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2015 at 08:07 AM

Dt you got thin skin man. Or in denial, and can't stand the question. Which is it?

A guy posts "Difficult to ID them because they are the silent majority. And they do not want publicity as I said before. Their studies and findings are out there and not in the general public view. We only get snips if their findings and they contradict the reports that have the warming agenda to publicize. "

And people ask for an explanation and you jump on your soap box. Let the someone explain what he means. Maybe its a secret society that has all the answers.:lol:
bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2015 at 09:11 AM

My first comment was about piling up on someone with insults and demands because they have an opinion contrary to yours. Paul has an opinion, it doesn't agree with yours, so what?

'opinions' ??

maybe that's the problem!

How about the DATA !?

sheez
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  9

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.