Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  49    51    53  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2014 at 07:03 AM

I seem to recall that his wallet was found: Was there any money in it? Do we know if his passport was in the vehicle?

As stated , the pictures on his camera are key, not only for location but dates.'

It would seem if the car had only been there a week or so, that the battery would have some juice, unless maybe the radio, lights etc were left on..
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2014 at 07:03 AM

This is turning into one of those "restaurant mysteries."
"Maybe this?"
"No. Maybe that."
"More drinks, waitress....and hurry. I'm only about two martinis away from solving this thing."
Where's Charlie Chan when you need him?
Actually.....where's DNA science when you need it? :o

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2014 at 08:09 AM

This is the advantage we have now in this day and age Dennis to be able to communicate and have everyone included and express their views no matter how bizarre some of them may be. I worked on serial murder cases over 25 years ago including the Randy Kraft and Nightstalker killings when there was no internet. All of the information I had access to was police/district attorney reports and the news media. Would it would have helped my investigation with a public forum? It would have in a BIG way.

Gary wallet was not found but his passport was in the vehicle.

After the rancher made his identity known to the Pattons and communication was started I made contact with the ranchers family and they were more than willing for an interview however I nor the family will release his name on any forum. If and when the search is conducted I'm sure this information will be learned by those involved and he said he would help.He even said those in the search could camp at his ranch. They do not want his name reveled right now.

The rancher was interviewed in person by me and this man and his family are very nice people and they appreciate the position the Pattons are in. There was no hesitation when asked to be interviewed for further information.

Santiago's question regarding my interview technique and how I was able to get this information from the rancher was very easy. He is the kind of person that is very approachable and forthcoming. He has nothing to hide and feels the pain of the family. Most of my investigations are in Mexico and the people here, I find, are easier to talk with then those in the U.S.

After I posted last re: if it was possible that someone staged the scene where the vehicle was found Janene was also on the board and posted the exact same thing within a few minutes of each other. This is what is needed to have your thoughts and concerns expressed no matter how strange you think it may be. Whenever I accept an investigation from a client one of the first things I tell them is to keep in contact with me and challenge my reports with questions. Even though I have been doing this kind of work for more than 40 years I need and want all the help I can get. I don't know everything and don't come off that I do.

Also I want everyone to know that when Bajaguy and I made the trip as far as BOLA to attempt to locate Gary last October I was compensated for my efforts however that was just for this trip and nothing more. I have told the family that I won't accept any more money for my efforts even though they offered. Kim, Garys ex-wife, Sheila, Garys sister, and Mel, Garys brother in law and Sheila's husband are extremely nice people and read every post here on the forum and have been blown away by your concern and help.

Thanks-Thats all I can say. You guys are GREAT!
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 4-6-2014 at 08:33 AM

You know Dan, I feel the same way. When patients come to me with a question I listen to them carefully. Why? Because no matter how much experience you have in a field of expertise you can always learn more. I have learned that the nurses aides have more to tell a nurse about a patient and the nurses should listen to them carefully. The nurse knows more about a patient than a doctor because they spend more time with the patient. And a patient knows more about his condition than sometimes a Doctor does. Thus, to get the root of a problem, you have to be open minded. The biggest mistake is to put someone down and call them an amateur when in fact, as you have mentioned, they can often give you crucial clues to the crime or even solve a health problem than no one else can or could solve.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2014 at 08:36 AM

Lizard Lips, you are invaluable!! Thanks for doing this.

latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2014 at 08:37 AM

Were there expiration dates on any of the food items that were in the cooler?
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 4-6-2014 at 08:41 AM

How likely is it that Gary drove around up to the week before the vehicle was discovered and either:

1- never saw the posters? or

2-saw them and chose not to communicate with his family?

I think number one is very unlikely for the time period he was missing. He would have had to come back into a town of some size for provisions. And we can't answer #2, only the family probably can. But if that is unlikely, in their opinion, then the chances of foul play increase, in my mind.

One possible scenario that might explain why the vehicle did not seem to have it's contents stolen; Gary got stuck, left the car with his wallet and primary keys and drinking water and walked back the way he came in for help. He's been in Baja many times; this is what you do when you are stuck, you stick to the roads. You dont head out across the hills. Someone nefarious came across him quite a ways from his vehicle while he was walking for help and may have abducted him/committed violence on him..........but, ultimately, did not know where his vehicle had been left. If you have just committed a serious crime, finding the vehicle is a bit like returning to the scene of the crime; very risky.

I havent read through all the posts in a while; maybe this scenario has already been proposed. But it would explain why a nearby search did not turn him up and it would explain why the vehicle was left there, relatively undisturbed. I think someone who might have committed violence on him probably did it for financial gain and wouldnt have let any valuable items remain in the vehicle if they had staged a break-down in that area, to throw people off their scent.

I agree with LL that this site can be of great benefit to this investigation, if it is allowed to happen. Based on these latest posts from LL, the family must now condone this type of speculation. Tremendous value in this; if they can stand up to the grief that reading some scenarios will produce.

[Edited on 4-6-2014 by Hook]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2014 at 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
This is the advantage we have now in this day and age Dennis to be able to communicate and have everyone included and express their views no matter how bizarre some of them may be.

There's a word for it, Dan:

Brainstorming

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainstorming

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2014 at 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips

Gary wallet was not found

Which comes as no surprise to me since I've always carried my wallet in my hip pocket.

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 4-6-2014 at 08:50 AM

One other thing; wasnt it reported by some Nomads that posters that were put up were all taken down, when they returned? Were they put up in a fashion that they could have blown down or is it possible that someone connected with the disappearance wanted them down? Is there a specific area where the posters seemed to have disappeared while others remained up? It could turn up a locale where a potential perp might frequent.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 4-6-2014 at 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
You know Dan, I feel the same way. When patients come to me with a question I listen to them carefully. Why? Because no matter how much experience you have in a field of expertise you can always learn more. I have learned that the nurses aides have more to tell a nurse about a patient and the nurses should listen to them carefully. The nurse knows more about a patient than a doctor because they spend more time with the patient. And a patient knows more about his condition than sometimes a Doctor does. Thus, to get the root of a problem, you have to be open minded. The biggest mistake is to put someone down and call them an amateur when in fact, as you have mentioned, they can often give you crucial clues to the crime or even solve a health problem than no one else can or could solve.

Good points, Doctor.

Barry
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2014 at 09:07 AM

Good thought Hook. I received information that some posters were taken down in and around San Quintin but it just may have been from having them blown off or actually someone taking them down is another question. In El Rosario and the Catavina area not only Bajaguy and I but Brian inundated these stores, hotels, power poles as well as some of you.

Latina, your thought about the expiration dates on the orange juice is something I also thought of and if this is still in the ice chest when the vehicle is recovered it will be checked. Thanks- I asked the rancher if the water from the melted ice in the ice chest was cool to the touch and he said no.

I also have concerns about if Gary did in fact see the posters and why he didn't call.

Another thing I forgot to mention was that the vehicle had 3/4 of a tank of gas when discovered. I will ask the family if they can search his personal belongings in Orange County to see if there was a record of oil changes and the mileage. I would assume he went to a mechanic prior to leaving to have the 4 Runner checked out. I always have my car in top shape before a long journey.

According to the family there was also a small tool box that he took with him. I also need to ask about the shovel and rake if that was part of his belongings.
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2014 at 09:32 AM

What Hook said makes sense and made me think of news from around 2011. The Mexican army discovered the largest marijuana farm ever, in the middle of the dry desert only a few kilometres off the highway around San Quintin. Could a person looking for help wander too close to something they weren't welcome to see?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-6-2014 at 09:34 AM

Sounds like no body found, foul play suspected, no on-the-ground investigation occurring, internet agatha christies developing questions and theories,....
Do any of you see anything missing here?

Btw, my own agatha christie observations,... who drives dusty roads with back window open? People that love inside of car coated in dust? (I seem to recall flyer said car has roof rack). Sounds like lots of local ranchers around that area, and I suspect they remember strangers cars coming/going, anybody bother asking around? I suspect foul play perp would be a local or temp laborer, look at local meth heads that would kill a hiker for a high,...

Anywho, the family needs to go down there and beat the bushes a turn over stones,.... Doubtful the authorities will do any investigating in absence of activity, noise and political pressure from family,...
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2014 at 09:41 AM

I have the same vehicle, the key to unlock the doors and the ignition key are different, this would explain the ignition key being IN the vehicle and the door key hidden outside the car, this is what I do. im stiil curious how the rancher gained access with the car showing no signs of forced entry? did the rancher seek and find the hide-a-key? :?:
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2014 at 09:54 AM

Every single ranch in the area needs to be contacted and more posters need to be placed in Catavina and surrounding areas.

As far as the key that the rancher found under the container of coins between the two front seats I don't know if it was just the ignition key. Also need to find out if there are any signs of forced entry and I need to ask the rancher how he was able to gain entry with the car locked.
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 4-6-2014 at 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Quote:
Originally posted by TW
From the description here is where the car was found.

Or - with all the "approx" distances - perhaps here?:

http://goo.gl/maps/U2WUo

Don't see any reason why a surfer would be going onto little side roads like that, and even then going off the side road itself. Unless he thought there was a shortcut down the Lazaro drainage to the beach....its a huge sandy wash downstream, easy to drive through, but not where he was at I imagine.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2014 at 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by latina
The Mexican army discovered the largest marijuana farm ever, in the middle of the dry desert only a few kilometres off the highway around San Quintin.

:lol::lol::lol: Like, they didn't know it was there.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2014 at 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexitron
Don't see any reason why a surfer would be going onto little side roads like that, and even then going off the side road itself.

I think he was on an adventure....taking the "road less travelled," so to say.

wiltonh
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2014 at 10:25 AM

With a surf board sticking out the back window, the vehicle was not fully locked up. There was probably room on one side or the other of the board to get to a door unlock.

As a windsurfer, we just pull a batten from a sail and use it to unlock some other door. A long thin stick would probably work just as well.
 Pages:  1  ..  49    51    53  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.