BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  53    55    57  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 9-19-2011 at 10:01 AM

I'm so glad to see Ron back online!! It must be a relief to be able to communicate even if it is just by typing!!

Be strong Ron, hope to see you very soon, be good, listen to your daughter!
Once you can eat solids again come on down and we'll treat you to a night out at ophelias :)
Much love and prayers going your way!!

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 9-19-2011 at 05:42 PM

Dear Mr & Mrs Baja Gringo,

Brett & I are so happy you are recovering from your ordeal. We have learned alot from you and tho we have never met we consider you a good friend to have in Baja. All of the Nomads came to you in whatever ways they could to offer what support they could because you are a very special family and have given so much to us. We just wish we could have been in a better position to come to your aide. Well God Bless and keep you and your family safe, our prayers have been answered.
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2011 at 07:53 AM

Whew!!! What a ride! So glad you are safe and on the mend. Like all the other Nomads here I have read with anger, saddness, awe and wonder the outpouring of caring and regard for you and your wife. I have been touched by the generosity and support that this group can generate in times of trouble. Vagabundo said it well about community. We are all blessed to have this wonderful group of cyper friends at our backs and their wind in our sails, sometimes better to be upwind of some of that wind. I digress.
I hope that from this experience we will all take the time NOW to clarify the medical resources available to us in Mexico. It is a complicated system, especially when you add the cultural differnces to the mix. We all should have a durable Medical Power of Attorney, someone we trust with our lives. This Medical Power of Attorney is available in both the US and Mexico.
At some point I hope we will start a thread on this very important topic.
For now, it is wonderful to have our friends back and on the road to recovery!!!

Iflyfish
DaleG
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2011 at 08:03 AM

Wow Im new to this board and have been reading this thread for the 2 weeks Ive been here. It is heartening to say the least, that this group is so cohesive and caring. I read with horror and disgust about your ordeal Ron and Cristina.
It saddens me that situations like that exist in this world but on the other hand it lifts my spirits to know there are good people that will not hesitate to rally for a friend. Hope to meet you someday Sir.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-20-2011 at 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaleG
Wow Im new to this board and have been reading this thread for the 2 weeks Ive been here. It is heartening to say the least, that this group is so cohesive and caring. I read with horror and disgust about your ordeal Ron and Cristina.
It saddens me that situations like that exist in this world but on the other hand it lifts my spirits to know there are good people that will not hesitate to rally for a friend. Hope to meet you someday Sir.

Ron also has a Baja discussion forum: http://www.TalkBaja.com

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2011 at 08:54 AM
Chow call

Cant wait till we hear about how good the chow was at the hospital.......:o

Get well in a hurry Ron and Cristina

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
Katiejay99
Nomad

Mood: it is what it is

[*] posted on 9-20-2011 at 09:03 AM

RON - The Governors office is calling me - they are on the phone right now - they want your phone number and email address. URGENT!!

Okay - well, I called Serenita and she is going to get in touch with Ron and Crissy so I can pass on information between the two. Just so everyone knows - the Governor has heard us!

[Edited on 9-20-2011 by Katiejay99]

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2011 at 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Katiejay99
Just so everyone knows - the Governor has heard us!

Good thing it wasn't an important emergency, but I'm sure he's a busy man.
MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2011 at 11:19 AM

Hey Ron and Cristina,

So happy to hear you are recovering physically. Now you need to begin the mental/emotional healing. Take your time and get there at your pace.

Look forward to seeing you in Baja,
Ted

[Edited on 9-20-2011 by MexicoTed]

angie_camera 1253.JPG - 27kB

DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2011 at 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaWarrior
This is my first reply on this post. I have read it in it's entirety as it unfolded and was too angry to participate in this discussion. I cannot imagine what you went through and I'm happy you are still with us.

Know that there is a lot of love on this board directed to you and your wife.

Chuck

BW

What Chuck said, and I'll add that I've done some serious navel-gazing as a result of this thread and have concluded that I need to be far more prepared for this sort of calamity, even if that means losing a good chunk of the good old "flock it, whatever" feeling I've depended on Baja to give me over the years. Time to finally grow up? Maybe, but just a little bit.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2011 at 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO
Time to finally grow up? Maybe, but just a little bit.

It's just a matter of all of us keeping up with the times. Baja isn't all the museum some wish to think it is.
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 9-20-2011 at 03:03 PM
Uhhm, I Have Refrained From Posting This

While Ron and Cristina were in crisis.

But, when I told hubby about their situation, he replied, "Now you you know why we have dogs and a fenced property inside a gated community."

He added, "When someone arrives unexpected at our gate, ringing our bell and asking for entrance, I always let the dogs out first and then establish a protocol."

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2011 at 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
While Ron and Cristina were in crisis.

But, when I told hubby about their situation, he replied, "Now you you know why we have dogs and a fenced property inside a gated community."

He added, "When someone arrives unexpected at our gate, ringing our bell and asking for entrance, I always let the dogs out first and then establish a protocol."

Safety comes first... even our late amigo 'jrbaja' lived inside a gated community while posting publicly against them as isolating yourself from the 'real' Mexican experience.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-20-2011 at 03:35 PM

DK

Jr. Got out of the gated community as much as he could and did a lot of associating with the Mexican community. Especially farms and rancho's.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2011 at 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
DK

Jr. Got out of the gated community as much as he could and did a lot of associating with the Mexican community. Especially farms and rancho's.

Yes, I know... that still doesn't change the fact where he lived.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2011 at 03:55 PM

well...may wonders never cease ... the Gov himself ...maybe he will pay the billsssssssssssssssssssssssssss

qui sas qui sas qui sas

I seem to have read somewhere that he was out of the country ??? somewhere in Asia ??? Cause I can't believe he would have ignored all of us. N he was on my mind last night.

I also got a San Diego paper from a couple days ago and homicides are UP, way up in San Diego. Last year was a record low and this year is looking like it will be high.

Can't wait to hear what the Gov has to say ....

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2011 at 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO
Time to finally grow up? Maybe, but just a little bit.

It's just a matter of all of us keeping up with the times. Baja isn't all the museum some wish to think it is.

Amen to that.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
jgreenlaw1

[*] posted on 9-20-2011 at 08:27 PM

I have some family and friends that live and visit down there in San quintin. What area was the attack and the names of the bad guys.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2011 at 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jgreenlaw1
I have some family and friends that live and visit down there in San quintin. What area was the attack and the names of the bad guys.

Go to the store, buy a big box of beer, go back to page one on this thread and catch up. All your answers are between here and there.
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

Mood: SO MANY TACOS, SO LITTLE TIME... Gotta Go, See ya there....:bounce:

[*] posted on 9-20-2011 at 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by jgreenlaw1

Go to the store, buy a big box of beer, go back to page one on this thread and catch up. All your answers are between here and there.

Dennis, you're such a hard ass..:lol:..:lol:

OK NEWBIE, jgreenlaw1
Try going back to Sept 13th. You'll find pictures.........But take Dennis's advice and go get the beer anyway...:yes:..:lol:..:bounce:

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
 Pages:  1  ..  53    55    57  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.