BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  54    56    58  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
jgreenlaw1

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 04:45 AM

Ok, thanks. 56 pages, wow. It will take a box. My dad was retired in south of san Quintin fro 17 years. I married to a lady, from san quintin, and Im pritty sure 1 of the uncles are parametics.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by KASHEYDOG
Dennis, you're such a hard burro..:lol:..:lol:

Nah.......I just don't think anyone here is quite ready to start reliving this ordeal quite yet. It was an emotional drain for everybody.
Anyway....it's all available.
angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 09:09 AM

Dennis what would this forum be like without your sense of humor... BORING
angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 09:11 AM

But, I do agree with you it was an emotional time for everyone. Just counting our blessings and amazed at their quick recovery.
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2011 at 09:05 AM

Ron,
I am so relieved that you and your wife are on a strong road to recovery.

I don't know you personally, just your posts that I have read over the few years that I have been on this forum. My impression was that you would be last person that I would expect something like this would happen to. I think that I may be speaking for more than just myself when I say it reminds us all just how vulnerable we the people can be and the lesson that we all can profit by is "be careful and beware". It's changed my attitude, for sure.

Again, I must say that I feel a great sense of gratitude and thankfulness that you and your wife are recovering successfully.

[Edited on 9-23-2011 by MitchMan]
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2011 at 09:09 AM

Wow! Been out of town for weeks. So sorry to hear about the attack. Glad to hear Ron and Cristina are on the mend. Kudos to all who stepped up to assist. Hope the perps are put away for as long as possible.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 9-23-2011 at 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by angels4
Dennis what would this forum be like without your sense of humor... BORING

Good one...... and one which Ron would agree with... I'm sure

He has a super sense of humor.. as do a lot around here...

Thanks it all helps... :):)

irenemm
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 9-24-2011 at 12:01 AM

OMG
I have not been on here for a very long time. I am so sorry to hear about this. This makes me so sick to hear something like this.
I pray Ron and Christina are doing well.
I was just telling my husband about this. He has heard nothig about this here. I am sadded that this is now happening here in this area. I have always felt so safe. This is so close to home.
Last week we heard about the fishing tournment out at the bay.
I pray for the fast recovery to both of them .
Stay safe and be careful. This is not the safe place as it used to be.

stop and visit us

http://www.posadadondiego.com
see us on facebook
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2011 at 04:39 PM
Spot On

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by KASHEYDOG
Dennis, you're such a hard burro..:lol:..:lol:

Nah.......I just don't think anyone here is quite ready to start reliving this ordeal quite yet. It was an emotional drain for everybody.
Anyway....it's all available.

Exactly, amigo. Let's give this some time.
Rainer
Junior Nomad

Mood: Missing Baja

[*] posted on 9-26-2011 at 08:37 AM

Didn't post before - could do nothing to help. But I would like to say - Thank God you guys made it through. You deserved to make it. Good people should not always lose. Get better and put out some more excellent posts, especially on your home building. Thanks for being good guys.
805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2011 at 05:46 PM

So now do they live in the community where the criminals, and their families live? Do they have to testify in court, and identify the perpetrators? Is this safe?
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 9-27-2011 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
<snip>
What the family could certainly use - for those that would (still) want to - is help with medical expenses at the current private hospital that is treating Ron. If there are people that wish to assist with this, the challenge is how to get funds quickly to someone on the ground there - and to whom?

Whomever it is will need to keep good records/receipts, because there will be an expectation of transparency for how those funds are spent. The responsibility does not come lightly.
<snip>
Regards,
-
Doug Means

[Edited on 9-13-2011 by BajaNomad]

My question was deleted, but I wasn't the first to think of this. So what happened to the idea of transparency? Is it too soon? Do others not feel that transparency is an obligation towards those who contributed their hard-earned money?
TheColoradoDude
Nomad

Mood: Paz, Amor, y Tacos de Pescado

[*] posted on 9-27-2011 at 06:01 PM

I did not think twice when I gave my donation to Discover Baja. I did so because I love baja and it looked like my donation could really help and I hope it did. I did however think about things after the dust settled and thougth maybe they are financially okay and that our donations may have not been needed. Either way I am glad they are going to be okay.

:)
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-27-2011 at 06:02 PM

For some people, it just feels good to give when a friend or stranger is in need... Nobody else needs to know the reasons why, it is just personal.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 9-27-2011 at 06:05 PM

Yes, well I wasn't asking about "why". As I said the idea of transparency was not introduced by me, though I completely agree with the thought.
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 06:36 AM

David,

What a nice thought, makes people think.

Barb M
angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 02:07 PM

Thank you David K for your words of wisdom. Every bit of help provided on-line, physically, spiritually, and financially was needed to make this miracle possible. I know that in due time Ron will provide his two cents. But, for now they are both taking the time to recover physically and emotionally and that my dear friends will take a while. I am personally honored to have contributed my time, efforts and financial help and expect absolutely nothing in return. I know in my heart that all was put to good use and I wouldn't think twice about doing it again. The best part is that I also made life long Nomad friends during a very difficult time.
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
Yes, well I wasn't asking about "why". As I said the idea of transparency was not introduced by me, though I completely agree with the thought.

Nomads get kudos for responding to help one of their own. One would think this incident would establish a financial protocol for the future. So far I'm not seeing the people who warned the collection of donations was a serious responsibility, to be taking it that way. Maybe some think Ron needs more time before the subject comes up, but "recuperating in the pool in Bakersfield" was close enough (although I don't see that post up anymore). I don't really care about the outcome of a simple money-in/money-out spreadsheet, it's the process of doing it responsibly and transparently that is important to me. If we don't do it right this time- people will be hesitant do donate in the future should the unfortunate need arise. jmho

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 03:28 PM

The relief funds are as much a part of the story as the incident itself, but I believe that will be left to Ron to fill us in. I also believe he would want it that way.
Unfortunatly, he just isn't quite ready to rejoin this board or his own. He will when the time is right.
Cut the guy some slack.
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 03:47 PM

The thing here is that it's a process to get the information to you guys as far as how much was spent on what things, it WILL come, Rons' daughter has all of the receipts and papers and we will be making a public post (I offered to help her once she sent the information to me via email) so that everyone can see what their money was spent on, I can't say for sure when but I can say it will happen, and I hope that's enough for now.

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
 Pages:  1  ..  54    56    58  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.