Pages:  1  ..  55    57    59  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 03:50 PM
Not necessary

If the funds were for a Nomad in an emergency, I really don't
need to know how much was spent for what.

If it was for Ron and Cristina, that is good enough for me.

Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
The relief funds are as much a part of the story as the incident itself, but I believe that will be left to Ron to fill us in. I also believe he would want it that way.
Unfortunatly, he just isn't quite ready to rejoin this board or his own. He will when the time is right.
Cut the guy some slack.

Disagree. He neither collected nor solicited the money. The accounting responsibility lies elsewhere, as outlined in the original post from Doug.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

It's part of the story, Terry. Important details should be published, but in their proper time. This is not time for secrets, but I don't think that's going to happen.
All in good time.
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SiReNiTa
The thing here is that it's a process to get the information to you guys as far as how much was spent on what things, it WILL come, Rons' daughter has all of the receipts and papers and we will be making a public post (I offered to help her once she sent the information to me via email) so that everyone can see what their money was spent on, I can't say for sure when but I can say it will happen, and I hope that's enough for now.

That's perfect, makes perfect sense, and all I was suggesting should happen. Thanks.
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

I was happy to donate too, and it wasn't a loan. I just want a transparent process to be there for the next Nomad who may need it. Maybe an "escrowed" account is better if this "system" didn't work? Maybe set up a Nomad PayPal account (free) and a path to get the money out. A system that would work for any Nomad seeking charity donations as well. Clearly we are good-intentioned people who will likely go through this fire drill again. jmo

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
greengoes
Select Nomad

Mood: Today I slay the Red Dot.

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 04:36 PM

I am curious how much was collected, how much was dispersed and if there is a positive balance what should be done with it.

Another worthy charity all could agree on?
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by greengoes
I am curious how much was collected, how much was dispersed and if there is a positive balance what should be done with it.

I was taught If you give and expect anything in return you are giving for the wrong reason.
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.
Quote:

I was taught If you give and expect anything in return you are giving for the wrong reason.

Just wondering - who is someone asking for anything in return?
J.P.
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
Quote:
Quote:

What buisness is it of anyone how much was given or collected The underlying controll issues of this whole thread is sickening.
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 05:04 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
Quote:
Quote:

What buisness is it of anyone how much was given or collected The underlying controll issues of this whole thread is sickening.

Interesting perspective.
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 05:06 PM

"Just wondering - who is someone asking for anything in return?"

I'm gonna stick my neck out on this and say "NO ONE".

I think reasonable expenses should be allowed. The closest Nomad available and willing to give aid should be reimbursed in addition to the medical bills if the funding allows. Gas, hotel, meals, cell minutes(?). That's why I think we should adopt a system for cash donations- surely there must be a non-profit group in Mexico with a working model of what we need. In this information age there is no shortage of ways to make this easy and transparent. I don't expect the Nomad who saves my sorry butt to be rich and I don't want them to decide between saving me and a new fishing reel. ;)

[Edited on 9-29-2011 by Woooosh]

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
I don't want them to decide between saving me and a new fishing reel. ;)

What kind of reel? :lol:
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 05:09 PM

and he is rolling in his grave. How did you come up with these pearls of wisdom (Ignoramus!) at a time like this?

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
While Ron and Cristina were in crisis.

But, when I told hubby about their situation, he replied, "Now you you know why we have dogs and a fenced property inside a gated community."

He added, "When someone arrives unexpected at our gate, ringing our bell and asking for entrance, I always let the dogs out first and then establish a protocol."

Safety comes first... even our late amigo 'jrbaja' lived inside a gated community while posting publicly against them as isolating yourself from the 'real' Mexican experience.
J.P.
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
I don't want them to decide between saving me and a new fishing reel. ;)

What kind of reel? :lol:

DENNIS you are too many :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 08:07 PM

Roberto, I've come to the conclusion that *** *** * **** *********. What happened to Ron and Cristina is a tragedy. From this tragic event we witnessed a bunch of beautiful people come together and render whatever aid was possible. I appreciate Shari, DK, Sirenita, angels4, Dennis and many others for all of the organizing they did.

I am sure Ron is reading these post's and quite frankly I am embarrassed at some of the crap you are posting. If you ever run into trouble in Baja and you are within striking distance of Ron, he will be the first one to respond to your call for aid.....in his PJ's if he has to.

[Edited on 9-29-2011 by BajaNomad]

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 08:15 PM

WOW...some of the hate by the do-gooders that gets spewed.

I went back through this thread from the beginning, and while a lot of people did their best to help, there was also a lot of chaos and wasted energy. I can see where some are coming from. If you want to turn these "good deeds" into something a little more responsive, then there should be more organization (which includes the finances).

It would also take a lot of work...
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sanquintinsince73
Roberto, I've come to the conclusion that *** *** * **** *********. What happened to Ron and Cristina is a tragedy. From this tragic event we witnessed a bunch of beautiful people come together and render whatever aid was possible. I appreciate Shari, DK, Sirenita, angels4, Dennis and many others for all of the organizing they did.

I am sure Ron is reading these post's and quite frankly I am embarrassed at some of the crap you are posting. If you ever run into trouble in Baja and you are within striking distance of Ron, he will be the first one to respond to your call for aid.....in his PJ's if he has to.

Thanks. I have come to the conclusion that *** *** ** ***** - as *** speak without knowing anything of what *** are talking about. Check back and *** *** see that I was one of the first to volunteer to actually get off my butt and go down there and bring him back to the US and get him in a hospital. I believe in helping up close and personal. That never happened because his daughter didn't want to go that way.

***********************************? **************************** ************************** *****************?

Don't talk to me about helping others, in Baja or elsewhere. I have done it many times and not over the phone, but by actually being there. You don't know about it because I don't advertise, in fact, I don't want people to know because the chatter on this board often makes me ill. That's not why I do it. But there are others on this board (and many board NOT on this board) who do.

Every charitable organization in the world has open records, and for good reason. It makes people who know nothing feel everything is clean and above board and makes them willing to contribute. Think about it. *************************************, and Doug was the one who made the statement about needing to keep detail records, which I couldn't agree with more. Was he **** stirring too?

[Edited on 9-29-2011 by Roberto]

[Edited on 9-29-2011 by BajaNomad]
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 08:34 PM

well, this isn't going so well. before things get really ugly, why don't we table the discussion until whoever has the receipts gets them in order. beyond that we should take it to Off-Topic were no one's feelings ever get hurt. just a suggestion.

:saint:

Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 08:36 PM

Woooosh, I think you are right. I also will pass on "discussing" this any further. I am done. Educational experience.
Wingnut
Nomad

Mood: Baja Pensive

[*] posted on 9-29-2011 at 06:30 PM

OMG, I just today picked up on this thread (I have been away from the website for nearly a month) and was flabbergasted to hear what happened to Bajagringo and his wife. I am astounded by how fast and thoroughly Nomads responded to their aid. Thank goodness for Sirenita and fdt. I don't know most of you on the forum and usually read it for information, humor and some great pictures of Baja, which I love but don't get to travel to often enough. Regardless of any of the criticism or anger towards such an event, everyone was concerned and helpful to another human being, even if they did not know them. As long as this type of love and concern for our fellow man continues, there is a great deal of hope for our world despite all that is done daily to try to destroy it. I hope Bajagringo and his wife recover swiftly and that those perpetrators of this heinous crime receive their just punishment. Beheading comes to mind. Kudos to all you nomads for everything you have done. Keep up the good work you nomads!
 Pages:  1  ..  55    57    59  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.