BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  57    59  
Author: Subject: Arizonas new Imigration Bill(This has turned into a Rat Hole)
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2010 at 12:46 PM
I Know

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
I would really appreciate it if someone could enlighten me about the causes or reasons for this:

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio appears to be the darling of those who are most vehemently anti- immigrant. How does one explain these stats, aside from concluding that Arpaio is an incompetent marooon?

Arizona Violent Crime since 20

Statewide- -12%
Phoenix PD jurisdiction- -14%
Mesa PD jurisdiction- -14%
Scottsdale PD jurisdiction- -15%
Tempe PD jurisdiction- -26%
Maricopa County (Arpaio) jurisdiction- +58%

Where did you get the stats? I'm not challenging them....just want to know who compiled them.

I know they seem baked to the casual observer. They came from the Arizona Department of Public Safety.

What first went through my mind was that either all the bad guys choose to reside only in the unincorporated areas of Metro- Phoenix, or by Joe's own style of running things, it actually creates civic and social problems.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 7-19-2010 at 06:44 PM

If Arpaio is enforcing immigation calls for the entire County, as one is supposed to, believe they have much the same on the books California Law .. which is also not actively enforced (it been up a number of times) ... perhaps this would be the reason for the skewed numbers.. Tempe.. could be College and associated issues with same..

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 7-19-2010 at 07:51 PM

I just like Joe A's. style, his frankness, and find him VERY refreshing in this Oh-so-correct society we now live in. It is attitudes like his that would make ME not break the law, and like it in the process. I hope the stats are not what they appear to be--------if they are then I REALLY don't understand society today, and THAT is unsettleing, for sure!!!!

You GO, Joe!!!!

Barry
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2010 at 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
I just like Joe A's. style, his frankness, and find him VERY refreshing in this Oh-so-correct society we now live in. It is attitudes like his that would make ME not break the law, and like it in the process. I hope the stats are not what they appear to be--------if they are then I REALLY don't understand society today, and THAT is unsettleing, for sure!!!!

You GO, Joe!!!!

Barry

Yeah right on Barry it's cool to support the female chain gang's and hot tent prisons of non-violent people as a method to the madness. Now in your book, or let's just say in your mind, if you could, would you expand Arizona prison system punish people more harshly?
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2010 at 08:03 PM

Don't know the man.. but, if he speaks his mind, what ever it is.. without all that "transparency" crap... he's ok in my book... and I believe his position is one you are elected too..

So what is the big woof.. he is doing the job he was hired to do... and I too.. prefer to just be told what the hell is going on in simple english, if that is not too much to ask

Just looked him up... 25 years with DEA... now I get it... he really knows what is going on........ ya don't want one of those in office... if you're a bad guy... as he knows your game and is going to do you in.... just that simple...

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2010 at 08:11 PM

I can only say that you guys really show your colors! Terrific! It's great to see and hear people speak their mind honestly that you do support chain gangs for non violent women, housing people in desert tents where the outside temperature was above 110F this weekend and Joe A also boasts that he reduced the daily food budget per person to .40 and reduced their calorie intake too. That is why I asked Barry A what more harsh punishment he had in mind? Since he and Skeet, Msterious and now you are all so open about how you feel about this stuff! Like a team!
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 7-19-2010 at 08:21 PM

No "team", Gnu--------we don't know each other, nor have I received any off-board communication from any of them. But there are many of us out here that feel roughly the same way on some subjects, and it may not conform to your idea of 'right'-----so be it--------I think I am right, but open to suggestion, as always.

Since I have been in similar situations as those Non-violent criminals you speak of, and I survived, and truly learned that I don't want to be in that situation again, I have learned to behave myself and NEVER go back into THAT SITUATION again------so yes, it words for me.

I have even spent time in the TJ jail for something I did not do, but it sure looked like I did to the arresting cops, at the time (bank robbery). I was not mad at anybody, I survived, it SURELY was a learning experience, I vowed to be very careful in the future, and I have never been back to jail again. But I REFUSE to pay any mordida, and never have in 55 years of travel in Mexico. I truly believe that if EVERYBODY refused to pay, then it would just go away------like poof!!!!

That's my take---------:light:

Barry
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2010 at 08:31 PM

So what you are saying is that you believe in very HARSH punishment of non-violent criminals? or perhaps even innocents as you were? And while you keep agreeing with the same people when they say similar HARSH things you still have no association or group code of conduct supporting each other irregardless, you just happen to do it for no reason other than because. It's great that you can be so clear about your beliefs. Now that we know you we can pretty much predict what you'll say and who you will support irregardless and vice versa-but it's not a team since you haven't met. What is it then? Like a code or an oath?
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2010 at 08:48 PM

Seems I saw where he has a 7% recidivism rate on his drug offenders.. something is working..

As for being in a tent at 110 plus, been there.. and that is why I staying along the coast here in Baja north... think it was around 78º

And I also in 1965 while working on transmission line construction across the desert in heat of around 118º decided that I was in need of a career change..

Perhaps that is the intent of Mr Arpaio... to give one an example which they will remember for a long time... you know.. LIKE I NEVER WANT TO GO BACK THERE !!!

As for working on a chain gang in the heat.. there are folks that work in those conditions everyday.. They are called Agricultural workers.. and they do it for money.. might not live in tents.. but, I seen them setting on the porches at 3 am.. as the swamp cooler still is just not cutting it..

The only down side to the system in my opinion ... once your "marked" by the system... your life is effectively destroyed.. if a felony.. your dead meat.. about the only thing you're going to be doing is washing cars, dishes or driveways.. for the rest of your life, if you're a man.. .a woman still has the ability of finding a man that will love and support her... but, a man... there aren't too many ladies out there that are going to "hook up" with an ex-felon and support "HIM".. funny how that works.. oh, maybe he will find a Princess who will made him a King.. :lol::lol:

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2010 at 09:01 PM

You guys have this well thought out, so let's see, extremely HARSH punishment for non-violent offenders for example some one with drugs, and then no woman will make 'HIM' King.

And for corrupt police, illegal torturers or say malfeasance in Government, No prison time.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2010 at 10:26 PM

Given the problems one has after getting released, removing the "drug" deal is really important.. as you right back in with the "crew" if you can't get away from it.... just the way it works...

Second part... no "slack".. "who ever" are found doing wrong ... hang them or put them into jail... same as everyone else... and "white collar" they should be doing "hard time"... too!!

Plus, no deluxe jails for the "big folks"... have you even seen what the "high ranking" get to spend their time in ??

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2010 at 12:18 AM

Good that you can differentiate between legally highly addictive medicinal drugs versus illegal highly addictive medicinal drugs or alcohol or illegal non-addictive medicinal drugs like marijuana. Wasn't it George Washington who wrote about the importance of Marijauna crops to our country for clothes, bread, ropes and medicine, and then later prohibition of marijuana helped fuel the legal tobacco market which is highly addictive and harmful, while the black market of marijuana grows larger. And why again was alcohol prohibited, yet sold everywhere and then legal again. Who profited? Who profits? I so glad you have so well figured out because it seems that so no one else can see the trees because the forest is blocking the view.

WG who runs the heroine? Cocaine? Meth? Hello?
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2010 at 07:51 AM

My position has always been, if you want to go back through my posts, one can "do" anything thing they want, it's their body... if you want to do "smack" go for it.. smoke "rock" go for it... grow pot, go for it.. I believe that is part of the Freedom which is part of the United States of America.... which has and will continue to be taken away.. personal Freedom to do things YOU as an INDIVIDUAL want to do...

I don't see the Government having ANY business in an individuals "right" to do what they want, IF their actions only hurt themselves.. and yes of course there is really big money made out of this whole thing.. and it based on one thing ... Greed !!! and it is CONTROLLED business, legal and illegal...

I would rather folks do not do addictive drugs, as I became addicted to Fentanyl just about 3 years ago.. if was no fun "kicking".. but, it was my call.. as I was in pain, and everyone kept telling me to go to a "Pain Management" Doctor...

He was nothing more than a legal pushers.. he charged Medicare $500 dollars for a 10 minute visit.. as it is classified as a Cat 1 .. you can only get a prescription for 30 days.. so this joker is making $6000 dollars off me per year, and every other patient he has ... plus the Drug Company that has patient on it.. as it is not "generic" so you and/or Medicare and/or your add on to your Part B or D or what ever so you can afford your medication..

Currently I have to pay just about $1,200 per month just for medical insurance and prescriptions for my wife..

If you think I don't know what is going on, your wrong..

But to compare individuals in jail to the outside population is not a fair comparison..

When they get out, with maybe $30, and with many having NO ONE to help them, they are dead meat!!.. they have to find a place to stay, transportation, a job, and by the way... the have to meet with their PO the next day...

Having a drug problem when released from prison .... it not a get out of jail card... rather ... it a "you're going back" card.. given to them from their Government and their Society...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it... on the issue of ones freedom to do any substance they want to...

Considering that 90% of the worlds Heroine comes from Afghanistan.... gee, wonder who.. and it goes from their to ..... its all about Greed

Take it away by allowing individuals to do what ever they want on their own property... but, then ..... no one would make a BUCK!! about the only thing one could not grow.. Coca ... the plant requires a somewhat special environment.. the others will grow any place.. and they are just plants anyway.. which have been used since recorded history by the human species.. for various uses..

I don't think we really have a disagreement on this point.. maybe on "treatment" of prisoners, immigration (maybe) not sure .... but, not this use of drugs.. Smokem if you have them.. cook it up.. it's your body.. and put a still up too.. I posted the plans for a still for free, they are still up.. you can make your own ethanol, which you can use for fuel and drink and what ever else...

I'm going to try and find someone down here to make one up for me.. in copper.. copper is better in my opinion for "drinking" than stainless steel..

Want a project for the community.. how about making fuel for everyone

http://idisk.mac.com/wswesson//Public/Building%20the%20Still...

You can get conversion kits for just about all vehicles including motorcycles

Just another means to remove ones self from being part of a revenue stream which supports.. guess who....

Folks in jail don't do legal drugs.. they do what they are on.. the ones you mentioned..

Anyone that has spent time in court and around jails knows that 80% of this folks at there due to "drugs"..

The John Dillinger types of gangsters are long gone.. no one robs banks for a living anymore.. they are addicted individuals, who just keep getting busted..

[Edited on 7-20-2010 by wessongroup]

sorry for the errors.. just type..

Bajajorge
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2010 at 08:09 AM

Have y'all seen desertcpl post (7/20/10) on the Discussion page about Arizona license plates?
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-20-2010 at 08:21 AM
The Gnu Asks:

"Who runs the heroine"?

How would we know ? Be specific. WHO is SHE ?

Jan Brewer ?
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 7-20-2010 at 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
My position has always been, if you want to go back through my posts, one can "do" anything thing they want, it's their body... if you want to do "smack" go for it.. smoke "rock" go for it... grow pot, go for it.. I believe that is part of the Freedom which is part of the United States of America.... which has and will continue to be taken away.. personal Freedom to do things YOU as an INDIVIDUAL what to do...

I don't see the Government having ANY business in an individuals "right" to do what they want, IF their actions only hurt themselves.. and yes of course there is really big money made out of this whole thing.. and it based on one thing ... Greed !!! and it is CONTROLLED business, legal and illegal...

I would rather folks do not do addictive drugs, as I became addicted to Fentanyl just about 3 years ago.. if was no fun "kicking".. but, it was my call.. as I was in pain, and everyone kept telling me to go to a "Pain Management" Doctor...

He was nothing more than a legal pushers.. he charged Medicare $500 dollars for a 10 minute visit.. as it is classified as a Cat 1 .. you can only get a prescription for 30 days.. so this joker is making $6000 dollars off me per year, and every other patient he has ... plus the Drug Company that has patient on it.. as it is not "generic" so you and/or Medicare and/or your add on to your Part B or D or what ever so you can afford your medication..

Currently I have to pay just about $1,200 per month just for medical insurance and prescriptions for my wife..

If you think I don't know what is going on, your wrong..

But to compare individuals in jail to the outside population is not a fair comparison..

When they get out, with maybe $30, and with many having NO ONE to help them, they are dead meat!!.. they have to find a place to stay, transportation, a job, and by the way... the have to meet with their PO the next day...

Having a drug problem when released from prison .... it not a get out of jail card... rather ... it a "you're going back" card.. given to them from their Government and their Society...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it... on the issue of ones freedom to do any substance they want to...

Considering that 90% of the worlds Heroine comes from Afghanistan.... gee, wonder who.. and it goes from their to ..... its all about Greed

Take it away by allowing individuals to do what ever they want on their own property... but, then ..... no one would make a BUCK!! about the only thing one could not grow.. Coca ... the plant requires a somewhat special environment.. the others will grow any place.. and they are just plants anyway.. which have been used since recorded history by the human species.. for various uses..

I don't think we really have a disagreement on this point.. maybe on "treatment" of prisoners, immigration (maybe) not sure .... but, not this use of drugs.. Smokem if you have them.. cook it up.. it's your body.. and put a still up too.. I posted the plans for a still for free, they are still up.. you can make your own ethanol, which you can use for fuel and drink and what ever else...

I'm going to try and find someone down here to make one up for me.. in copper.. copper is better in my opinion for "drinking" than stainless steel..

Want a project for the community.. how about making fuel for everyone

http://idisk.mac.com/wswesson//Public/Building%20the%20Still...

You can get conversion kits for just about all vehicles including motorcycles

Just another means to remove ones self from being part of a revenue stream which supports.. guess who....

Folks in jail don't do legal drugs.. they do what they are on.. the ones you mentioned..

Anyone that has spent time in court and around jails knows that 80% of this folks at there due to "drugs"..

The John Dillinger types of gangsters are long gone.. no one robs banks for a living anymore.. they are addicted individuals, who just keep getting busted..

sorry for the errors.. just type..

Good post, Wessonman!

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2010 at 06:21 PM
Judge's Ruling NO Problema

Says Sheriff Joe.

Who is Continuing his "Round Em Up" programs.

He pointed out that the Butthead Bolton's ruling covered only officers being Forced to ask immigration questions during the normal course of a stop or arrest.

He has no shortage of officers who "voluntarily" ask the questions.

36,000 detained so far.

More to come.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 06:49 PM
Harry Reid was Right ?

Hard to believe, but I just saw Harry Reid making the argument against "Anchor Babies" on the floor of Congress.

It was in 1993, though.

And, he changed his mind six years later.

Sniffed a change in the political wind much like his latest position statement on the NY Mosqued-Men.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
"Who runs the heroine"?

How would we know ? Be specific. WHO is SHE ?

Jan Brewer ?

Finally a spelling N-zi. Thanks Bill.

I was reading a local USA mexican paper today whose headline was 350,000 Mexicans deported. It had tons of interviews and photos of Mexican Americans who were being deported after living the majority of their lives in the USA.

And I read in a english paper in a small farm town in California, they have a section in the police blotter noting how many deportations each week with specifics, names, interviews, where the story is generally the police asks the Mexican if they here legally and they Mexian replies no I am not, and the police calls ICE who eventually does arrive to process the person.

Of course, on the other hand we have many sanctuary cities, where deportation is not allowed unless a person has been convicted of a felon and served their time.

Reviewing population statistics for Mexico, the population has grown from about 50 million in 1970 to 111 million in 2010, more than doubling in 40 years.

So it appears there is some concern about population in Mexico, returning Mexicans to Mexico and it's affect on the economy as well as emigrant foreigners who fail to apply for visas and who work without visas.

Bottom line, is this is much to do with nothing. The focus of discussion should be, jobs, infrastructure, education, and investment in the economy as opposed to war machines and drug wars, yet these distractions such as Arizona laws or Mexican passport checks are in the news while in fact these are not stories, this isn't news.

Hopefully people are increasingly aware that the 'news' isn't news. It's a distraction from real issues. Only when people realize their own significance to the puzzle of economics and politics and simply reject these distractions for issues of importance will we begin to simply and easily address our real concerns-which are in general, jobs, infrastructure, education, and investment in the economy. Number one priority-end the war machine.

[Edited on 8-19-2010 by gnukid]
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 07:53 PM
Pretty damn tired of this...

This thread has more turns than a sidewinder on the desert floor, but I feel like voicing my opinion on the gist of the matter. I am certainly not alone. I know SO many honest Americans & Mexicans who suffer this crap silently...up till now. Time to vent...

I'm tired of illegal aliens being called "undocumented
workers," especially the ones who aren't working, but are
living on welfare or crime. What's next? Calling drug
dealers, "Undocumented Pharmacists"?

I've lived in Baja 6-7 months out of the last 37, and have all the good Mexican friends one could hope for, so no, I'm not against Hispanics. Most of them are Catholic and it's been a few hundred years since Catholics wanted to kill me for my religion. I bear no malice.

I'm willing to fast track for citizenship any Hispanic person who can speak English, doesn't have a criminal record and who is self-supporting without family on welfare, or who serves honorably for three years in our military.

Those are the citizens we need.

Damn..I feel better already! Who sells soapboxes these days?

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
 Pages:  1  ..  57    59  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.