Pages:  1  ..  57    59    61  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
People have short memories.

Americans do....that's a fact. Some others never forget....or forgive.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Not comparing it to NOB, just saying if your number comes up in Baja- you clearly have less resources on your side to assist you.

yes, taxes NOB support a fairly reliable safety net for victims of crime, and govt does an adequate job of keeping govt running for us NOB people. and soon there will be mandate to carry health insurance, which means NOB people won't find themselves in trouble w/o insurance. who can complain about that?
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

Mood: SO MANY TACOS, SO LITTLE TIME... Gotta Go, See ya there....:bounce:

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
This board can sometimes be unbelievable. An accounting can easily be ignored by those who do not want it. No-accounting may only drive those away that would prefer it.

Now why would you polarize over such a silly issue? Do you really want people to not give as Kashydog has posted?

WOW !!! Did you ever miss the point :?:..:no:..:yawn:

I'm sure you give a complete accounting to all your relatives at Christmas for the gifts you took back because you hated them and the stuff you "re-gifted" to your all your friends or did you just get the money back and use it for beer??

Wait!! I have a solution . I'll start a fund to pay for an accountant to do the audit and we' ll make him give us all an accounting of both funds. You want to be the first donor..:?:

[Edited on 9-30-11 by KASHEYDOG]

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KASHEYDOG
Quote:
This board can sometimes be unbelievable. An accounting can easily be ignored by those who do not want it. No-accounting may only drive those away that would prefer it.

Now why would you polarize over such a silly issue? Do you really want people to not give as Kashydog has posted?

Don't think so. here is an excerpt from your post.

If you have to give with strings attached then DON"T give. If you can't "afford "to give without knowing where your money went DON"T give. If you can't TRUST the man to do the right thing the with your "GIFT" then DON'T give. That's what "GIVING" is all about people. IT'S A GIFT. Take your accounting and kiss my grits...:fire:..:o..:mad:

I prefer accounting if it will help people give
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 12:16 PM

KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 12:22 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you have to give with strings attached then DON"T give. If you can't "afford "to give without knowing where your money went DON"T give. If you can't TRUST the man to do the right thing the with your "GIFT" then DON'T give. That's what "GIVING" is all about people. IT'S A GIFT. Take your accounting and kiss my grits...:fire:..:o..:mad:

OK !!! Here's the point..... When you "gift" something in the true spirit of "giving" it should be done without recourse. I can just see poor Ron sitting down with paper , pencil and spread sheet for a day or two to appease those who need "an accounting". Jeez, thanks for the "GIFT" :no:...:no:...:no:

Wait!! I have a solution . I'll start a fund to pay for an accountant to do the audit and we' ll make him give us all an accounting of both funds. You want to be the first donor..

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 12:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just something to consider.............Some of the original large pledges were for transportation costs to NOB, for medical treatment. That didn't occur until substantial costs were incurred in Ensenada. Strings? Only those who pledged can speak to that!

Ken
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Just something to consider.............Some of the original large pledges were for transportation costs to NOB, for medical treatment. That didn't occur until substantial costs were incurred in Ensenada. Strings? Only those who pledged can speak to that!

Ken

I was one of those, Ken, but it, to my recollection, was early in the game while, due to everybody being unaware of what was going on, thought transport to be a viable option. [that was Ron's third day in the hospital, I believe]
Had a depository for funds been in place at that time, I would have put my money there.
I made my pledge and stood by it in a succeeding post, so I don't get your meaning here.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 12:37 PM

The "pot" of money contributed to the medical expenses of a Nomad in need has been sqaundered? Good God in Heaven!!! WTF is going on here? On the other hand? :biggrin: Most of those charity deals are a rip-off.
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 01:36 PM

I don't know why I let myself get sucked into these things..:?:..
My father always told me " never argue with idiots, you may be mistaken for one....:lol:..
Think Ill go do something constructive. Hey, David K, Elinvestigator and Dennis, I'm buying the first 10 rounds of beer at the Monterey Cannery in Oceanside. You guys comin' over?? One of you guys have to bring the spread sheet for the beer audit. SEE YA THERE...:lol:..:P..:lol:

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 01:46 PM

The first 10 rounds? Your father was right!:yes:
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken

Ken

I was one of those, Ken, but it, to my recollection, was early in the game while, due to everybody being unaware of what was going on, thought transport to be a viable option. [that was Ron's third day in the hospital, I believe]
Had a depository for funds been in place at that time, I would have put my money there.
I made my pledge and stood by it in a succeeding post, so I don't get your meaning here.

The first pledge of $1000 was made on the 11th and was to be paid to whoever could get Ron to a hospital in the US and a few of the others were of the same nature. That on the surface is a conditional pledge and is very common when making donations, you want your money to be spent in a specific way. Again, I don't presume to speak to those who made the pledge. Just giving something to think about to those that are saying pledges with "strings" are to be discounted.

Ken
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 01:59 PM

...:lol:...
Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
The first 10 rounds? Your father was right!:yes:

Cypress !!! Don't make me come up there to Ideeho or where ever it is you live. Is that still in the U.S.A.??? Just north of Laguna Beach isn't it ..:?:..:lol:..:P BTW you're more then welcome to stop by for a beer too. That is if you can find your way past the moose dung heap...:lol:..:lol:..:lol:

Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 03:19 PM

For the record - it seems most everyone is missing the boat. It's not RON THAT NEEDS TO ACCOUNT FOR ANYTHING. The money was for him and his family to spend as needed. It's about the OVERHEAD, and any charity or similar effort needs to show what that is.

I hope DENNIS will forgive me for making an additional comment after saying I was done with this thread, but I decided to try one more time to make this clear. Now, you can go on bad-mouthing me. Really "makes no never mind".
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 03:22 PM

you mean its not ok if someone needed gas or food money? I mean after all they were donating their time.

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
For the record - it seems most everyone is missing the boat. It's not RON THAT NEEDS TO ACCOUNT FOR ANYTHING. The money was for him and his family to spend as needed. It's about the OVERHEAD, and any charity or similar effort needs to show what that is.

I hope DENNIS will forgive me for making an additional comment after saying I was done with this thread, but I decided to try one more time to make this clear. Now, you can go on bad-mouthing me. Really "makes no never mind".
24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 03:33 PM

Oh for golly sakes.....must someone on this board always take a good thing and turn it into a bad thing? I hope your families are never in need of a kind word or charitable gift.

Ron & Cristina are great people who never ask us for anything, but I am sure they are extremely grateful for whatever gift we were able to offer, whether it was financial or moral support. I wish I could have done more.

And in my opinion, NO ONE needs to account for anything, a gift is a gift.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 03:37 PM

Quote:

I will, but it'll cost you a cold beer.

I haven't seen anyone, nor have I, bad-mouthed you, Roberto. I have been agreeing with everything you say. I just think your timing is off.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 03:38 PM

Quote:

robby:
who said there were overhead costs? why do you think it was non-profit that files statements with IRS?
did you donate? if no, why are you asking to examine the books?

when you give to cruz roja in street median, do you ask for ID first? ask to inspect the books?
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 24baja
Oh for golly sakes.....must someone on this board always take a good thing and turn it into a bad thing? I hope your families are never in need of a kind word or charitable gift.

Ron & Cristina are great people who never ask us for anything, but I am sure they are extremely grateful for whatever gift we were able to offer, whether it was financial or moral support. I wish I could have done more.

AMEN TO THAT !!!

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 24baja

Again, I have to disagree. Gifts are what you receive on your birthday. These funds were solicited.
And, again...I don't care how much they took in...nor do I care where it went. It was, however, an organized effort to gather funds and the books should be open.
If it's supposed to be confidential, so should have the fund raising effort.

And, I'll say one more thing....if this effort isn't voluntarily exposed, whoever next comes here in dire need and appeals to the world for funding only to have the effort morph into a guarded secret, they can count me out as a doner. I'm more than an ATM.

[Edited on 9-30-2011 by DENNIS]
 Pages:  1  ..  57    59    61  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.