BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  11
Author: Subject: Care to give Baja Nomad a little something?
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2008 at 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by longlegsinlapaz
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Long legs in La Paz and Cabo Ron... I too sometimes have 'selective reading' issues, but I did write this earlier in this fun filled thread (you missed?):

"Frankly, if you think there is no cost or value to maintain this site, then why waste your time here? I find it the most valuable of all the Internet Baja web sites... because it is live interaction with people who have just returned from Baja or who are in Baja right now... and in far greater numbers in one or two days than the other Baja forums see all year!"

>>> The part that says '...or who are in Baja right now...' is refering to you guys who live full or part time in Baja.
Since you brought up "selective reading issues", I can't & won't assume to speak for CaboRon, but I didn't miss it, I read & absorbed what you wrote immediately upon reading it. You musta skimmed over the words "majority of his posts" in my post.

Quote:
Now, for a lot of you: shame on you! You use or abuse this site and then complain when a member SUGGESTS voluntary contributions be mailed in, IF you would like to TIP the host for his hard work and EXPENSE to provide a forum for all of us to SHARE Baja experiences and information.

In the voice of Gomer Pyle: SHAME SHAME SHAME!:light::rolleyes:
David, what right do you have to stand in judgment of the rest of the members here; painting us all with the same brush simply because it's YOUR brush (thought/idea/feeling/experience/OPINION). Well guess what, we ALL have our own personal thoughts/feelings/ideas/experiences/OPINIONS & because they don't parallel yours, that doesn't make any of the rest of us pond scum (MY words for how you make me feel, NOT implying YOU have ever used those words!), it doesn't reduce the value of our individual contributions. You have a bad habit, IMO, of overusing the terms "we" & us" when stating YOUR opinions. Please stop assuming that you have some inalienable right to speak for the masses; the masses have individual voices & can speak for themselves/myself if they so desire.

Quote:
For those of you who have u2u'd me support for my action, many thanks... Having a lot to share about Baja shouldn't make those who share less jealous... I am not competing with you. I suggest you just enjoy what is offered on Nomad or move to a different thread. Taking all the time to bad mouth me or my style is just so childish and adds NOTHING to help other Baja travelers (or residents)!

Bernie says Nomad is about 'People Helping People'... What I am trying to do, and hope other Nomads do as well.
You couldn't be further from the truth in YOUR OPINION that I'm speaking from a position of jealousy. I've yet to read anything in your posts for me to be jealous of. Childish? Stating my thoughts/feelings/OPINIONS is childish? Did you actually say that with a straight face?

Wise words from Bernie.......you "hope other Nomads do as well":?: David, what planet are you living on? Have you missed the point of this entire site? According to that logic, you only acknowledge your own input as having any value. Wake up & smell the coffee! This is not "the DK site", there are a lot of fine & generous people here who give of their time, knowledge, experience in many ways....for you to belittle someone or their actions because you may not be personally aware of it is the height of hypocrisy! I've personally helped a lot of Nomads off-line, and I know many, many others who have as well. Because I/they choose to do it out of the public eye for varying reasons, does NOT make my/their value to Baja Nomad any less than yours because you choose to publicize all your good deeds.

David, before you blast off a whiny response, please do at least you & I a favor....get off your high horse & reread my words several times to see if you and find ANY grains of personal truth in them. Before you classify this as just another "personal attack"...is the phrase constructive criticism in your vocabulary?

Do you want to do a quantity comparison of how many U2U's we each received in favor of our individual posts?:lol:

In my opinion, your post is a very good one---but that is just my OPINION. Others might disagree and that is their OPINION.

David,
You know a lot about many things in Baja and yes, you do help a lot of people with your information. But, IMHO, when you present opinions as facts, and present it all as if you speak for everyone ---well, then come what you call personal attacks.

And please, stop sticking in your personal political opinions as if they are some sort of facts---and the idea that you would shame others? Gees, I found that really difficult to believe you would do that---it is one of those, how dare you things.

Now, besides the U2Us, can we collect and put together the e-mails? :lol::lol:

Then again, it is not a popularity contest----just a forum with lots of different minded people.

Diane

Diane

oxxo
Banned

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 9-27-2008 at 11:25 AM

Quote:
it was to point out again that many Nomads live here year-round & permanently;

Has it ever been determined how many Nomads are year round and permanent? I know I am :yes:. I wonder how many others?
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2008 at 11:50 AM

Seek & yea shall find!;)

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=34172
Quote:
Originally posted by oxxo
Quote:
it was to point out again that many Nomads live here year-round & permanently;

Has it ever been determined how many Nomads are year round and permanent? I know I am :yes:. I wonder how many others?
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-27-2008 at 12:13 PM

Well you who have done such a great job of analyzing and making suggestions for DK have gotten your answer, he just posted a loaded picture post to spite you in my opinion. Nothing you can say will make any difference on his omnipotence on this board.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2008 at 12:53 PM

Quote:
....get off your high horse ......

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
Nothing you can say will make any difference on his omnipotence on this board.

Either the horse is too tall or the legs are too short ! :lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 9-27-2008 by Diver]
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2008 at 12:55 PM

.......and I was doing so well at aroma therapy and keeping out of this thread ! :saint:
Darn !! :lol::lol::lol:
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 9-27-2008 at 01:07 PM

About time for another group hug...

comitan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2008 at 01:09 PM

I really tried.:bounce::bounce:

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2008 at 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo

You guys from the TJ jail are all the same ! :lol:
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2008 at 04:10 PM
"BAJA NEWS ALERT" THE GOVERNORS OF BAJA CALIFORNIA AND BAJA CALIFORNIA SUR HAVE DECLARE DAVID K. A NATIONAL BAJA CALIFORNIA TREASURE NOW
LEAVE HIM ALONE!

[Edited on 9-28-2008 by ELINVESTI8]

CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 9-27-2008 at 04:37 PM

Ellenvest18,

He brings it on himself ....

And us "enviros" think he is a selfish pig ....

And what happened to you , you started out good, and then was born again or something, now you just throw up the company line??

Disapointing, to say the least.

CaboRon

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 9-27-2008 at 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo

You guys from the TJ jail are all the same ! :lol:

I am touched that you remember our "special" time that we shared together...

:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 9-27-2008 by BajaGringo]

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2008 at 05:40 PM

Quote:
Elinvesti8,

He brings it on himself ....

And what happened to you , you started out good, and then was born again or something, now you just throw up the company line??

Disapointing, to say the least.

CaboRon

Ay CaboRon mi buen amigo...There is still an A.H. that lurks just under my skin with regards to elitists. I am just not going to go there is all. I do not think it needs to surface on this issue. I just do not see what people in here are seeing about David K. He seems to me to be a good human being and an enthusiastic Baja explorer. I think he may have hit a nerve with some in here who are, to put it kindly "Frugal." That said he has a right to post in here and not be brow beaten to death.

Oh and Ron, don't think the "Ellenvest18" went over my head. I caught your drift.

[Edited on 9-28-2008 by ELINVESTI8]

comitan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2008 at 06:20 PM

1. I don't want to be included in Ron's( us.)
2.Dk makes some good picture posts for newbies.
3. He always has to show a picture of himself.:fire:
4. He's always bragging about how long and all the past people and functions he's been to. If you have been on this forum for awhile it gets tiresome.\
5. He does post like he owns this forum.
If you cannot see the above, you just give him a hug and tell him he's great.
I'm sure there are other people that could make many more examples.
This is just an explanation of where I'm coming from.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 9-27-2008 at 06:33 PM

Dead horse, dead horse!
Why beat a dead horse, dead horse

Because it's fun ofcourse, ofcourse!!!
That's why we beat a dead horse, dead horse.

So everybody beat a dead horse, dead horse!
It's just so much fun ofcourse, ofcourse

Does anyone know where to find a dead horse, dead horse?
Well right here ofcourse, ofcourse!

So let's all beat a dead horse, dead horse!

[Edited on 9-28-2008 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

comitan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2008 at 06:40 PM

fishbuck

Do you want it to die because you don't want to accept all the good:lol:things we are saying in reference to DK. Accept reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes there's nothing on TV I want to watch.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 9-28-2008 by comitan]

oxxo
Banned

[*] posted on 9-27-2008 at 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboRon

You mean you "enviros" that drive the polluting cars in Baja? Oink Oink, Oink! I should never post after I've had a couple of Cuba Libres .:lol::lol::lol: Hey Ron, when are we going to get together for an American breakfast at Casa de Oxxo? It is Sunday tomorrow.
oxxo
Banned

[*] posted on 9-27-2008 at 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
5. He does post like he owns this forum.

DK thinks of himself as MINI-ME(ans) We love ya DK, just limit yourself to the trip reports. If you're in the area, we have American breakfast at Casa de Oxxo tomorrow morning.

[Edited on 9-28-2008 by oxxo]
cabobaja
Nomad

Mood: Smiling

[*] posted on 9-27-2008 at 08:15 PM

Yes Sr. Buck...this is a dead horse. But, there are those that have nothing better to do but post negative bull****! DK is the ultimate Baja information amigo. Love him are not, his heart and Baja Angel's heart are in Baja. I appreciate all the information he provides and the time he spends helping others with questions and concerns about living or visiting Baja. I have not seen another Nomad that gives more time, nor more positive info with regards to Baja. DO YOU!!??

Alot of you have nothing better to do but comment on just about every damn post. Really, do you have a life? If you do not have something positive to contribute, please, please....do not contribute. You want to come after me now...please DO!!

BajaNomad is about Baja. It is not about your petty sh#*!
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2008 at 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cabobaja
Yes Sr. Buck...this is a dead horse. But, there are those that have nothing better to do but post negative bull****! DK is the ultimate Baja information amigo. Love him are not, his heart and Baja Angel's heart are in Baja. I appreciate all the information he provides and the time he spends helping others with questions and concerns about living or visiting Baja. I have not seen another Nomad that gives more time, nor more positive info with regards to Baja. DO YOU!!??

Alot of you have nothing better to do but comment on just about every damn post. Really, do you have a life? If you do not have something positive to contribute, please, please....do not contribute. You want to come after me now...please DO!!

BajaNomad is about Baja. It is not about your petty sh#*!

Agree 100%. DK is definitely a class act and doesn't deserve the flack he is getting. NO ONE CONTRIBUTES MORE TO THIS BOARD. It is disgusting to see the petty attacks begin anytime anyone posts anything.
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.