BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  9
Author: Subject: PETROGLYPHS & PICTOGRAPHS you can drive to, or close (in Baja Norte)!
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 09:14 PM

David,

What you should remove are the posts directing people to unprotected prehistoric art sites.

Your actions are irresponsible and potentially dangerous to the art itself.

You should only promote those areas that are already under protection.

Skip

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

Funny huh? I just removed a few of my replies to these drama queens, as there is no hope of reaching them...

"Drama queens?" There you go again!
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:

Funny huh? I just removed a few of my replies to these drama queens, as there is no hope of reaching them...

"Drama queens?" There you go again!

Name calling from the person who complains about it the most. Reveals a lot about the personality.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 12:33 PM

Quote:

Then you better start up a book burning because, with one exception, they all are in books... and other web sites too. I happen to believe that sharing with Baja Nomads is going to reach the most 'quality' Baja travelers there are... sorry you don't feel the same about your Baja brothers and sisters here.

Oh, but I do feel the same way as my brothers and sisters.

Read your own thread above. I just joined in after seeing that others ("brothers and sisters") were already voicing their criticism. I've also received support U2Us from "brothers and sisters".

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 01:45 PM

You know if I don't like a 'fishing spot', then I go find another... I don't stay in the same spot, and then keep throwing rocks in the water.:smug::light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 02:01 PM

David,

What you should remove are the posts directing people to unprotected prehistoric art sites.

Skip

MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 02:08 PM

He can't help himself. Nomads seems if it one of the few places he shines in the world and he likes to keep his image.
Did I just post that? Can't we all have a big group hug.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
David,

Skip

You should really qualify this, because nowhere in this thread do I give exact directions or GPS or anything but the general area or name... It is just showing some sites that are close to roads... nothing more Igor.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 02:47 PM

I will stop throwing rocks in the water after you stop directing people to unprotected archeological sites. Remove all those posts.

I have a right to say what I believe on this board.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 03:48 PM

Its not going to change Igor. I see another book coming!
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Its not going to change Igor. I see another book coming!

-------and I think that another book would be wonderful, based on this last one!!!! I hope your are right, rts.

Barry
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 05:03 PM

Quote:
I will stop throwing rocks in the water after you stop directing people to unprotected archeological sites. Remove all those posts.

Nobody was directed... they were only given a peek.

Say what you wish, but be big enough to do it in your own thread, instead of my three year old one that has been enjoyed by most who see it. When you see posts started by me, know in advance (before you get upset) that it is to help the people of Baja and for the education of everyone about Baja... plus I LIKE IT.

Not showing photos of historic sites does NOTHING to either help or educate anyone.

For the umpth time: There were no exact directions or GPS locations to any of the sites I posted photos above.

[Edited on 1-9-2013 by David K]

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 05:32 PM

In case you didn't get it:

David,

Remove the posts directing people to unprotected prehistoric art sites.

Skip

There are no drama queens here. Just a simple and direct request. I have read both your and Barry's defense of your actions and they don't hold water. Your reasoning never convinced anybody.

(a) don't protect because it can't be done.
(b) sites are MORE protected by people coming to them.

That's it in a nutshell. Surely you jest. Those are pathetic arguments.

As far as who listens to you and who doesn't: I don't care. More unsubstantiated conjecture on your part, which is pretty much all of your writing.

Anyone willing to take the time to read this thread will see that neither of you have made a case for yourselves.

Nobody was able to refute the statement that exposing unprotected archaelogical sites encourages vandalism. One says "So What?" and the other states the opposite is true, bringing vandals actually protects the site. Well it doesn't take a lot of intellect to see how wrong you are.

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 05:49 PM

Quote:
In case you didn't get it:

David,

Remove the posts directing people to unprotected prehistoric art sites.

Skip

There are no drama queens here. Just a simple and direct request. I have read both your and Barry's defense of your actions and they don't hold water. Your reasoning never convinced anybody.

(a) don't protect because it can't be done.
(b) sites are MORE protected by people coming to them.

That's it in a nutshell. Surely you jest. Those are pathetic arguments.

As far as who listens to you and who doesn't: I don't care. More unsubstantiated conjecture on your part, which is pretty much all of your writing.

Anyone willing to take the time to read this thread will see that neither of you have made a case for yourselves.

Nobody was able to refute the statement that exposing unprotected archaelogical sites encourages vandalism. One says "So What?" and the other states the opposite is true, bringing vandals actually protects the site. Well it doesn't take a lot of intellect to see how wrong you are.

-----and it does not take a rocket scientist to know that you are saying the same thing over and over again hoping that it will "stick"----a successful tactic of the left taught by Saul Alinski. I respect your opinion, SkipJack, and it may be valid in some cases, but you're disparaging of one of the most prolific and valued members of this board (David K) I find appalling, and frankly beyond understanding, at least by me.

Barry.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 05:58 PM

So, a site unpublished, that the public doesn't know about and nobody will see if vandalized is fine with you... vs. having a site published and visited by people interested in them?

You believe if we never see a site in photos or in person that is preferred over seeing what was done (before it vanishes for whatever reason)... Wow, really?

Have you written hate mail to Harry Crosby and the late Erle Stanley Gardner... here are a couple of books you would want burned...

and you think my photos on Baja Nomad are some kind of threat!???:lol:

Thanks for putting me on such a high pedestal as the real superstars of Baja Cave Art publications!

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 05:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Nobody was directed... they were only given a peek.

Say what you wish, but be big enough to do it in your own thread, instead of my three year old one that has been enjoyed by most who see it. When you see posts started by me, know in advance (before you get upset) that it is to help the people of Baja and for the education of everyone about Baja... plus I LIKE IT.

Not showing photos of historic sites does NOTHING to either help or educate anyone.

For the umpth time: There were no exact directions or GPS locations to any of the sites I posted photos above.

[Edited on 1-9-2013 by David K]

David, please how are you helping the people of baja? surely you jest or made a typo. Trampling over the history of baja does nothing to help these people. The PEOPLE of baja and their government (INAH) are trying to protect these sites from people like you as evidenced by their efforts in BCS. Unfortunately inadequate protection seems to give you free rein.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 06:00 PM

lot's of strong gringo opinions about how to protect or share mexico's heritage! how about some mexican opinions????? :?:
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.

-----and it does not take a rocket scientist to know that you are saying the same thing over and over again hoping that it will "stick"----a successful tactic of the left taught by Saul Alinski. I respect your opinion, SkipJack, and it may be valid in some cases, but you're disparaging of one of the most prolific and valued members of this board (David K) I find appalling, and frankly beyond understanding, at least by me.

Barry.

prolific....not a doubt... cluck cluck cluck
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 06:03 PM

Quote:
here are a couple of books you would want burned...

speaking of burning books, have you read Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451?
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 06:05 PM

If nobody came, because nobody knew or cared to know... that would be a financial disaster for the people of Baja all the way from the border to the mountain ranchos (that now depend on tourism because the goats ate the mountains bare and the cattle no longer can graze).... the Mexican government wants people to visit the sites, to have a reason to go, to have things to do, and to not fear crossing the border.

"Trampled"...? Seriously, as if I don't care about Baja history, you must be joking.

Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  9

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.