Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 3-25-2011 at 07:19 PM

ligui, :bounce:
slimshady
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2011 at 09:51 PM

The mtgoat is really out of whack. Someone hires a person to tow their boat and trailer. Pays cash for the service and insurance for the boat. The boat and trailer goes missing. The driver refuses to speak to the people who paid him for his service and you have the intelligence to say that the victims should not make allegations of theft and fraud?

Then what would you call it?

In California we call that grand theft and fraud!
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-25-2011 at 10:25 PM

Maybe I missed it earlier... so my apologies if it was covered... but why wasn't the boat and trailer already insured, anyway? I can see getting extra insurance on the person pulling the boat in case he crashes it... but what about existing insurance for theft while it is in Mexico?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-25-2011 at 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by slimshady

unsupported allegations posted by an anonymous person.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Maybe I missed it earlier... so my apologies if it was covered... but why wasn't the boat and trailer already insured, anyway? I can see getting extra insurance on the person pulling the boat in case he crashes it... but what about existing insurance for theft while it is in Mexico?

One of the sometimes unknown facts about having a boat in Mexico is that the Mexican Insurance only covers the boat for theft when it is connected to the tow vehicle. I even called Qualitas in Mexico City and was told that there was even some question whether or not it would be covered if I was in the Restaurant or Motel and someone took it.
In this case, it sounds like it was hooked to the vehicle, but that is always a scary call by the adjustor.

I insure my boat with Progressive in the United States and it is covered for all theft but I still have to keep a Mexican Liability policy for when I am on the road.

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
Quote:
Originally posted by David K

One of the sometimes unknown facts about having a boat in Mexico is that the Mexican Insurance only covers the boat for theft when it is connected to the tow vehicle. I even called Qualitas in Mexico City and was told that there was even some question whether or not it would be covered if I was in the Restaurant or Motel and someone took it.
In this case, it sounds like it was hooked to the vehicle, but that is always a scary call by the adjustor.

I insure my boat with Progressive in the United States and it is covered for all theft but I still have to keep a Mexican Liability policy for when I am on the road.

Thanks, as I know you are in the business to know... so, it might have been insured and she didn't call it in or it wasn't insured at all...

I did know that the standard Mexican Auto. Insurance did only cover the boat and trailer while it was attached to the tow vehicle (provided it was added onto the policy for the vehicle).

But, isn't a seperate policy available for theft if the boat isn't connected or in the water? Sounds like that's what you have with Progressive. Interesting that that will work in Mexico. Do you need to submit a police report when you get back to the states, or is there more needed to prove it was stolen?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

surfdoc
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 09:22 AM

Got your msg Latina, thanks.
I'll be driving thru El Rosario Sunday and will look about for said gringo and truck.
Will forward any info I can find to you.

Can't wait to get to San Diego and look up Mtgoat666 in the phone book. Maybe we can get a beer.
I mean after reading all his chest thumping, there is NO way he'd be so cowardly or hypocritical as to use an Alias on a website!!

By the way, my Lic plate on my Ford F350 PSD is srfdoc1...not hard to find..:D
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 09:55 AM

Don't some of you people have anything better in life than to take a simple subject and turn it into something other than someone’s need for help and possibly help others through their experience?

The way I see it we can do one of the three things.

1: Decide to help
2: Decide not to help
3: Decide that his may be a scam and leave it alone.

Anyway, that's my two-centavo's worth.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:

There is no reason to be offended or upset with Goat, his comment is a reasonable, logical, ethical position which also in no ways denies the claims of the alleged victims.

While we keep our eyes open and pursue the case, it should be noted that almost no evidence of the case has been presented or if it has the admin deleted it, because there is nothing here to substantiate the crime.

On the same note, when I have reported criminal activity here with evidence, police reports, witnesses etc... the admin deleted it right away? Go figure, who knows what the agenda of BN is in terms of actually fighting criminal activity, but apparently following basic forums rules forbidding personal attacks that are unsubstantiated is not one of them, on the contrary, unsubstantiated personal attacks are the norm here.

Every reasonable person here should have come to the same moral conclusion as Goat. But they didn't?

So once more, could the victims please summarize any actual evidence and reference a police report that supports that before the posse saddles up?

And, if the facts can be substantiated the criminal must be processed as would normally be required by local statutes, and if substantiated that would have already occurred? So where is the police report? If one hasn't been filed then this case is oh hold and no action is required.

[Edited on 3-27-2011 by gnukid]
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 10:05 AM
GNU Knowledge

For a moment there, seeing that Gnu had commented, I'd thought that, perhaps, those responsible for the Theft had been found to be working for Henry Kissinger and the CFR.

Or, it was some kind of Papal-Zionist-Freemason Theft Ring.
slimshady
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 10:13 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Mtgoat, Besides crimes committed in the presence of law enforcement, All criminal complaints are made from allegations which one believes to be true. The victim stated her facts and everyone but you feels it is proof.

Proof is missing trailer, boat and a guy who won't return phone calls.
Based on her story probable cause is present to arrest and prosecute the thief. Probably easier to prosecute easier in Mexico too.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 10:14 AM

Believe me Bill. If we can get evidence of the crime and a police report, we can be sure to find the property and prosecute the criminal. It's not hard, we just need to follow the appropriate steps. Baja is a very narrow space with a small yet strong community.
baronvonbob
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Believe me Bill. If we can get evidence of the crime and a police report, we can be sure to find the property and prosecute the criminal. It's not hard, we just need to follow the appropriate steps. Baja is a very narrow space with a small yet strong community.

Yea we can be sure to find the property....

I just imagine it will be in its original shape, yup just wait to get the paperwork sorted out and the boat will be sitting all ready to go fishing...
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 11:47 AM

Quote:

the skeptic in me says it smells fishy.

[Edited on 3-25-2011 by mtgoat666]

the fishy in me says you smell skeptic:lol::lol:

Bob Durrell
surfdoc
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 11:49 AM

Quote:

LOL ..............and on this hilarious note.....I will now attempt to go out and do something constructive...

"we can be sure to find the property"..............yea only if you have it safely stored already............

Damn funny stuff right there.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by baronvonbob
Quote:

I just imagine it will be in its original shape, yup just wait to get the paperwork sorted out and the boat will be sitting all ready to go fishing...

Great Bob, lash out in anger at me or anyone?

There is a logical trail to follow in civil society, that discussion has been lacking here.

Crimes are solvable. It's also possible to receive compensation, But you must follow the civil path, as opposed to illogical.

I have lost many things to criminals in Baja, but I have also had items returned, one thing that is apparent, is that thieves don't often use the things they steal, the items often sit garaged or ware-housed not in use.

Let's start being real here. If the victim is serious, they must produce title and purchase receipt, replacement costs, and they must demonstrate some evidence that the alleged perp did in fact take the boat, two witnesses would help-which they have according to their story.

With these pieces of evidence a case may begin and the perp can be arrested, or perhaps a civil suit and judgement, lien filed, etc... Recompensation and punishment may be decided.

There is no need to be mad at me or Goat or anyone, that is a waste of time.

There is a requirement for evidence and civil pursuit of the case toward resolution. It can be resolved with an effort.

Realistically the evidence should be in the hands of the victims right now, and the case can filed right now. People in the know such as Elvinst8 and Ramuna should be able to offer clear and direct advice, as I am but, notice no one has, except perhaps Goat.

Let's refocus on the facts, the evidence and then resolution.
baronvonbob
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 01:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by baronvonbob
Quote:

Great Bob, lash out in anger at me or anyone?

There is a logical trail to follow in civil society, that discussion has been lacking here.

Crimes are solvable. It's also possible to receive compensation, But you must follow the civil path, as opposed to illogical.

I have lost many things to criminals in Baja, but I have also had items returned, one thing that is apparent, is that thieves don't often use the things they steal, the items often sit garaged or ware-housed not in use.

Let's start being real here. If the victim is serious, they must produce title and purchase receipt, replacement costs, and they must demonstrate some evidence that the alleged perp did in fact take the boat, two witnesses would help-which they have according to their story.

With these pieces of evidence a case may begin and the perp can be arrested, or perhaps a civil suit and judgement, lien filed, etc... Recompensation and punishment may be decided.

There is no need to be mad at me or Goat or anyone, that is a waste of time.

There is a requirement for evidence and civil pursuit of the case toward resolution. It can be resolved with an effort.

Realistically the evidence should be in the hands of the victims right now, and the case can filed right now. People in the know such as Elvinst8 and Ramuna should be able to offer clear and direct advice, as I am but, notice no one has, except perhaps Goat.

Let's refocus on the facts, the evidence and then resolution.

Sir, I am not lashing out in anger at you or anyone! Actually I am laughing. Where else can you get this much comment about activities in Baja? There is people looking the length of the Peninsula for this boat. If the wrongful people have it it will be sorted out. If it has not been stripped!
I just have a different opinion. I would be asking for help to locate my boat if it was missing, I would also be doing my local paperwork. I am not sure I see the need to submit the reeipt to my boat for observation by BN community. Each individual in the Community has their own ability to determine if they have seen it, (the boat) or even want to help, as well as make comments on the proper procedure.

Thus said, I strongly disagree that the criminals, (if they are) will hold the boat for any civil action. The community I reside in has been hit heavily by banditos in the last several years and I surely do not see any items returning. In fact the local municipal police department does not really want to respond because the PERPS are not incarcerated long enough to keep them out of circulation. Thus they come back and start robbing in their old haunts.

I am not mad or angry just making observations!
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 01:19 PM

Just a recap of the facts and evidence:

We have original title and bills of sale for our boat, trailer and motor.

We hired JIM CONNOLLY to transport our boat and trailer from our home in La Paz to San Diego, based on his advertisements on Craigslist and uShip, and his claim of a mutual friend in common.

We have the receipt from the money we wired to JIM CONNOLLY's account to pay for the insurance and 50% of the cost of the job.

We have the letter of authorization giving JIM CONNOLLY permission to transport our property between the dates of March 1st and March 8th.

We have the insurance agent's name and have talked to her about her conversation with JIM CONNOLLY and his personal decision not to insure our boat and trailer for transport.

We have the tapes from our security cameras showing JIM CONNOLLY in our garage and driving away from our house with our property on March 2nd.

We have the uShip conversation on March 3rd between JIM CONNOLLY and another client where JIM CONNOLLY says he is in Cabo.

We have the eye witness account of JIM CONNOLLY south of Loreto on March 9th without our boat and trailer.

We have the phone records of JIM CONNOLLY telling us that our boat & trailer were stolen and that he had not insured them. In that same call he told us he had made a police report in Rosarito, which he did not.

As far as we are concerned the picture is crystal clear. Unfortunately for us we were in Vancouver when we finally reached JIM CONNOLLY and he told us the story about our boat and trailer. Now, on top of being relieved of our cash and our property we have to change our plans and return to La Paz to make the real police report, as it must be done in person.

We have made the on-line denuncia and we did not do it anonymously, even though we could have. We have filled out reports in Spanish and English and inconvenienced our friends in La Paz who have spoken to the authorities on our behalf.

If JIM CONNOLLY was the professional he advertised himself as he would be the one doing all this. The boat and trailer disappeared in his care and custody. Instead he has vanished and we are sure he only answered his cellphone on March 18th because he didn't recognize our Vancouver phone number.

Thank you to those of you who have helped us with this huge task.
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 01:28 PM

I have been following this since it first started,, the one thing that I dont understand so far is.

why has there not been a reward offered for the boat, either for the return or location where it might be, I would have thought that would be one of the first things to be done
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by latina
Just a recap of the facts and evidence:

We have original title and bills of sale for our boat, trailer and motor.

We hired JIM CONNOLLY to transport our boat and trailer from our home in La Paz to San Diego, based on his advertisements on Craigslist and uShip, and his claim of a mutual friend in common.

We have the receipt from the money we wired to JIM CONNOLLY's account to pay for the insurance and 50% of the cost of the job.

We have the letter of authorization giving JIM CONNOLLY permission to transport our property between the dates of March 1st and March 8th.

We have the insurance agent's name and have talked to her about her conversation with JIM CONNOLLY and his personal decision not to insure our boat and trailer for transport.

We have the tapes from our security cameras showing JIM CONNOLLY in our garage and driving away from our house with our property on March 2nd.

We have the uShip conversation on March 3rd between JIM CONNOLLY and another client where JIM CONNOLLY says he is in Cabo.

We have the eye witness account of JIM CONNOLLY south of Loreto on March 9th without our boat and trailer.

We have the phone records of JIM CONNOLLY telling us that our boat & trailer were stolen and that he had not insured them. In that same call he told us he had made a police report in Rosarito, which he did not.

As far as we are concerned the picture is crystal clear. Unfortunately for us we were in Vancouver when we finally reached JIM CONNOLLY and he told us the story about our boat and trailer. Now, on top of being relieved of our cash and our property we have to change our plans and return to La Paz to make the real police report, as it must be done in person.

We have made the on-line denuncia and we did not do it anonymously, even though we could have. We have filled out reports in Spanish and English and inconvenienced our friends in La Paz who have spoken to the authorities on our behalf.

If JIM CONNOLLY was the professional he advertised himself as he would be the one doing all this. The boat and trailer disappeared in his care and custody. Instead he has vanished and we are sure he only answered his cellphone on March 18th because he didn't recognize our Vancouver phone number.

Thank you to those of you who have helped us with this huge task.

Here's hoping you get the boat back and JIM CONNOLLY gets what is coming to him. :fire:

Best of luck to you.

egl

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  12

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.