Author: Subject: What A Ride For The Peso
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-24-2013 at 04:36 PM

Thats my man....Jack!

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 8-24-2013 at 04:39 PM

"Heeeeeere's Johnnnnnnnny......................."

Prestidigitator and Economist = Synonym. With many of Mexico's largest companies "jip dip" in derivatives I can only wonder how this influences the stock market, and tipo de cambio internacional...

The slightest burp never mind upchuck and money flows northward like geese in March. € problems in Greece? hasta la vista baby. Small refinery fire in Aruba? Adiooos. A healthy banking and reserve system does not support or endorse such volatility.

Fascinating. Like I said before.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2013 at 12:57 PM

At this momento:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 9-18-2013 at 01:05 PM
Chip Chip Chip Hammer Hammer...

All That New Billions Flowing In From Food And Medicine Taxes

"Give Us Enough Time We Can Spend Enough Of Your Money For The Good Of Us All!"

[img]http://www.xe.com/gen/charts/images/large/MXNUSD.png?1309181559[/img]

bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 9-18-2013 at 01:22 PM

At this moment:

I hear the whales song
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2013 at 06:58 AM

At this moment:

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-27-2013 at 10:22 AM

I must be missing something....last nite when I went to bed, I had 2900 pesos in my wallet..checked this morning and it was the same..shoulda been more right?

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2013 at 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
I must be missing something....last nite when I went to bed, I had 2900 pesos in my wallet..checked this morning and it was the same..shoulda been more right?

No telling what might happen while you're passed out on a bus stop bench. :lol:

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 9-27-2013 at 10:31 AM

I took money out of the atm last Friday...

after all the fees I got 12.49
not too bad

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Bajajorge
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2013 at 11:04 AM

As the exchange rate fluctuates the restaurants have got to go into their vast menu files to keep up with all the price changes.:biggrin:

Why do Liberals insist and demand that achievers pay the way for nonachievers who are to lazy to succeed, or are just failures by their own choice?

Criminals prefer unarmed victims, dictators prefer unarmed subjects.

Why do ignorant people continue their blabbering when it only proves to others how stupid they are.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2013 at 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajorge
As the exchange rate fluctuates the restaurants have got to go into their vast menu files to keep up with all the price changes.:biggrin:

Menu prices only change in one direction. :lol:

MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2013 at 12:26 PM

I am not too sure how the short term changes in the USD/MXN rate in favor of the USD affects the Mexican restaurant owners' one way or another, unless the prices of certain restaurant expenses change in the short term together with changes in the USD/MXN rate.

I suppose, even if restaurant operating expenses didn't go up, they may need to up their prices to generate more profits to cover their personal living expenses that my include commodities that do follow the USD/MXN fluctuations.

OR

Simply to garner more profits if most of their customers are Americans who will pay higher prices as the exchange rate favors the USD.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2013 at 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MitchMan
I am not too sure how the short term changes in the USD/MXN rate in favor of the USD affects the Mexican restaurant owners' one way or another,

It probably wouldn't unless they relied on goods imported from the states. Then, it would have an effect. Imported goods in stores here have fluctuating prices, but as I mentioned, they only seem to fluctuate upward. It's rare to see the peso price drop.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 09:07 AM

At this moment:

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 09:34 AM

Now it's 13.24

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 09:42 AM

thanks for the heads up....I am actually liking my new DOLLAR account now as it means I can deposit dollars and then wait for the exchange rate is more favorable to transfer money to my peso account...silver lining eh!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Now it's 13.24

Holy Cow. It's all over the board. :lol:

What may be a good point for the US economy would be if the treasury printing presses were shut down on furlough. Of course, it's probably easier to just deny those blown up kids from Middle East Hell their disability payments. They don't need any money anyway since they can't even walk into a store to spend it. :fire:

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Now it's 13.24

Holy Cow. It's all over the board. :lol:

What may be a good point for the US economy would be if the treasury printing presses were shut down on furlough. Of course, it's probably easier to just deny those blown up kids from Middle East Hell their disability payments. They don't need any money anyway since they can't even walk into a store to spend it. :fire:

Oh just wait until the default...all because a few cry babies can't handle the fact that a law was passed.....and upheld:fire:

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2013 at 09:57 AM

Unless the Chinese insist on continuing to peg the Renminbi exchange rate (in other words devalue) against other world currencies, the dollar based US economy is going to go into hyperinflation inside 3-years. Some of you were not old enough to remember the heyday of Whip Inflation Now, when gasoline went from .35 cents a gallon to more than a dollar a gallon in just a few years.

Mexico IS NOT INEXPENSIVE NOW. The surcharge of 11% IVA on groceries and medicines means that EVERYTHING now is taxed. Prices go up, wages go up, and no way in hell is Baja California inexpensive anymore. The Mexicans are taking it in the butt. Manuel caused billions of dollars in damage and the federal PRI government goes online, texting my cellphone, newspapers, radio ASKING FOR DONATIONS. Right after the tax on food and medicine went into effect.

Yeah and for all intents and purposes Pemex premium costs 12.00 pesos a liter now. Three dollars fifty cents a gallon, and Magna and diesel is not far behind. My family is crying for me to come back to Michoacan, they cannot make it. God help the suckers who voted the PRI back into office. They have screwed every Mexican.

MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2013 at 01:24 PM

It is unconscionable that an 11% tax hit on food and medicines. Unbelievably regressive and hurtful to the bottom 98%, especially the poor and to the whole economy.

It seems to me that the Mexican wealthy class sends their kids to US Ivy League schools, those kids go back to Mexico with cushy jobs in the Mexican government with a USA college diploma in hand and NO EXPERIENCE, then they start making stupid laws with either ignoring basic macroeconomics or worse, cavalierly ignoring it.
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.