Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  10
Author: Subject: Traveling with a badge
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 05:56 PM

Quote:
Hi Soulpatch, I'm sorry if my "quote boxes" didn't meet your standards and criteria but it's definitely not hard to decipher what I had to say. I'll reiterate one more time just for you. I don't like corrupt law enforcement and people "flashing" a badge (which I pay for) it's corrupt to me and my brothers that fell in the line of duty. I'm not about to get in a swinging dick contest with you soulpatch, you're not worth my time, your arrogant, above the law attitude and response showed your true colors. Do you copy this cowboy?

Take your own advise Bubba, I only chimed on your insult "A badge which I pay for" IE the same entitlement those who abuse there badges feel they have. Stand up for what you write.:cool:
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 06:01 PM

:lol:im sorry but who in 2013 still says "copy that":lol: remember broderick crawford saying 2150 bye? no disrespect but as an old 13th signal radio operator, the CB lingo just kinda makes you itch;D
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
:lol:im sorry but who in 2013 still says "copy that":lol: remember broderick crawford saying 2150 bye? no disrespect but as an old 13th signal radio operator, the CB lingo just kinda makes you itch;D

:lol::lol::lol: Oh oh, "copy that" etc. was appropriated by the "CB'ers" from Law Enforcement and Pilots, and as far as I know is still used by both of them. I have no idea what the "CB'ers" use if they are still out there.

I also have no idea what a "13th signal radio operator" is, but I agree with you that the old CB'ers use to make me "itch" too with their lingo, much of which I never understood. :lol:

Cheers. :spingrin:

Barry

[Edited on 7-25-2013 by Barry A.]
BajaRat
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 06:29 PM

Willard, I got my ears on good buddy, thats a big 10 4 , smokies closen in :lol:
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 06:29 PM

breaker breaker good buddy, we got us a convoy!:lol:
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 06:39 PM

Where in the world did "breaker, breaker" come from??????? Me thinks they made that one up. :yes:

Barry
BajaRat
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 06:40 PM

That's it ! I'm callin the Cops.
On a serious note thanks to all who serve or served with dignity. :cool:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRat

What do waitresses have to do with this?? :lol:
BajaRat
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

What do waitresses have to do with this?? :lol:

For starters you know what they can do to your food if you act like you own them :yes::yes:

[Edited on 7-25-2013 by BajaRat]
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 11:42 PM

Texas already has 80 mph limits on some highways, 75 mph on others,

That really translates to 85 - 90 MPH considering most of us here do indeed add that extra 10 mph over the speed limits.

Why on Earth do you wish to go beyond these speeds is just ludicrous. Your topic really does not make any real sense. Are you lonely tonight or what?

Quote:
Originally posted by measomsan
Headed down to Cabo again this time with my brother. He is 40ty years law enforcement here in Texas. Constable. I have wiggled out of a few tickets telling Feds in Mexico my brother is law enforcement.

So does anyone have first hand experience traveling with someone with a badge? Will the cops in Mexico respect his service, or should we not pull it out ?

He is inclined not to bring it. I want it so we can hall (burro)across Texas and not get tickets.

[Edited on 7-25-2013 by mcfez]

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2013 at 11:26 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Soulpatch, I'm sorry if my "quote boxes" didn't meet your standards and criteria but it's definitely not hard to decipher what I had to say. I'll reiterate one more time just for you. I don't like corrupt law enforcement and people "flashing" a badge (which I pay for) it's corrupt to me and my brothers that fell in the line of duty. I'm not about to get in a swinging dick contest with you soulpatch, you're not worth my time, your arrogant, above the law attitude and response showed your true colors. Do you copy this cowboy?

Take your own advise Bubba, I only chimed on your insult "A badge which I pay for" IE the same entitlement those who abuse there badges feel they have. Stand up for what you write.:cool:

You're quite disillusioned, you sure you're not drinking?
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2013 at 11:26 AM

McStrange, Nevada had no limit on highway travel for several years when I was a youngster there. The limit was: condition of the vehicle, condition of the driver, condition of the road and the weather. I drove from Las Vegas to Reno (486 miles ) and back twice at just over 6 hours --- 120 mph except for the 9 little towns on the highway (and some burros). And so did every other driver. You can check out the accidents/deaths online somewhere if you like but really what's your point? This time? What speed would you have chosen for me and the others? When I retired from Las Vegas to Baja my job in Las Vegas was safety officer for 6 cab companies. I'm 76 years old and have never had an automobile accident. Now try to pile on that.

[Edited on 7-25-2013 by Osprey]
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2013 at 11:31 AM

I never drive over 70 mph----NEVER!!!! My son is a volunteer Ambulance Driver and NEVER drives over 65, in or out of the ambulance---------both of us have had to clean up after way too many fast drivers that lost control, had a blowout, went to sleep, excetra, and they often took others with them.

SPEED KILLS!!! period. :O

That's my take, anyway/

Barry
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-25-2013 at 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
I never drive over 70 mph----NEVER!!!! My son is a volunteer Ambulance Driver and NEVER drives over 65, in or out of the ambulance---------both of us have had to clean up after way too many fast drivers that lost control, had a blowout, went to sleep, excetra, and they often took others with them.

SPEED KILLS!!! period. :O

That's my take, anyway/

Barry

agree. statistics also clearly show that your chances of surviving an accident drop dramatically as your speed increases,... you got something like 20-30% better survival rate at 65 mph compared to 80 mph!
MICK
Nomad

Mood: livin the good life on the river

[*] posted on 7-25-2013 at 11:56 AM

Ok I think it's time we set up a meeting with measomsan and beat him with a stick. Or we could just find a dead horse.
mick

Getting there is ALL the fun!
Ok being here is fun to
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 7-25-2013 at 12:07 PM

Naw, just give him a "ride" with Osprey :biggrin::biggrin:

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2013 at 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
Naw, just give him a "ride" with Osprey :biggrin::biggrin:
most famous AND FASTEST citizen of la ribera!:lol: who knew?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2013 at 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666

agree. statistics also clearly show that your chances of surviving an accident drop dramatically as your speed increases,... you got something like 20-30% better survival rate at 65 mph compared to 80 mph!

WOW....how many millions of tax dollars did it take to figure that out?
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2013 at 12:42 PM

Not fast any more. Not even half fast. Now I drive like a Mexican, low and slow. The conditions change, I change. Takes me 2.5 hours to get to La Paz, most others 1/2 that.

Save these posts in case I crash and burn real soon and you hear about it. You can all have some belly laughs over that one. Naw, just remember and use the Search thing.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2013 at 02:41 PM

Dear Birdbrain.... that loves to troll McFez

Sorry in advance that my grammar sucks....my spelling is horrific....I know that has been an issue with you in the past. :P

You need to really refrain from calling me names. We ALL here dont want it to get messy here as it is in the Off Topics.

Having said that............my point is that one does not need a badge to speed in Nevada.......since the limits are already higher that other states. 85 plus MPH should get anyone across the state of Texas in a flash without being pulled over.......as it was stated for the need of a badge:

"......He is inclined not to bring it. I want it so we can hall (burro)across Texas and not get tickets".

However............I do understand that when you used to speed across Texas back in the last century......doing 120 must had been a thrill.....considering the ratings for tires were not up to the standings of high excessive speed......hence....causing blow outs from friction heat from long periods of driving excessively. Are you sure that your claims is factual.......perhaps it was just a pinch of the follies?

I am so happy to hear that you were officially in charge of some Taxi cab company's vehicles......way back in the early 19th century. There were no cell phones distractions......not many crackheads.....zero texting.....NO high rated tires for family cars to haul azz for hours at 120 mph.....and so forth of a endless list of hazards that did not exist in your prehistoric times.

It's a brand new world out there old man.......sorry you missed catching it 3o years ago :-)

Let's keep your Fairytales at bay here..... Birdbrain. Like to be civil about this now...or do we need to have several more rounds? I'd prefer to be civil.

Please don't troll me....................

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
McStrange, Nevada had no limit on highway travel for several years when I was a youngster there. The limit was: condition of the vehicle, condition of the driver, condition of the road and the weather. I drove from Las Vegas to Reno (486 miles ) and back twice at just over 6 hours --- 120 mph except for the 9 little towns on the highway (and some burros). And so did every other driver. You can check out the accidents/deaths online somewhere if you like but really what's your point? This time? What speed would you have chosen for me and the others? When I retired from Las Vegas to Baja my job in Las Vegas was safety officer for 6 cab companies. I'm 76 years old and have never had an automobile accident. Now try to pile on that.

[Edited on 7-25-2013 by Osprey]

[Edited on 7-25-2013 by mcfez]

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  10

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.