Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8
Author: Subject: US Surfer-Tourist truck jacked
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 12:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

what was YOUR first post? should we just assume it too was a lie?

No my first post was not a lie, but I was accused of lying, by many of good people on "Baja Nomad." Feel free to read my first post, as I provided a link. I had to earn my respect, or disrespect like anybody else here.

The fact is, if anybody is going to troll, or back themselves up, they do it with a second handle, and that alone, makes first time posters very suspect, especially if their first post is in a controversial topic.

In fact, I think Doug just issued a warning a few weeks, ago, about banning people who use second handles, and I know for a fact it's a problem on other forums, where somebody will used a second handle, to support themselves.

I'm not saying anybody is dong that here, but It's something I always look out for, and wonder about.

Did I make a wrong turn here. I though this was a Mexico Baja forum, not the Kansas, forum with Toto. Hey, I love Mexico, but you have to be very careful and skeptical in Mexico, or you will be taken advantage of.

Where I made my first post and wasn't treated very nicely by the good people here:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=45360
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 12:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  
Number of posts does not equate to credibility or knowledge or believability IMEO. Being somewhat familiar (I do actually travel to Baja on occasion) with the changing social/economic 'climate' and ever increasing drug use problem in Mexico in general and BAJA in particular I have no problem believing that the incident happened as reported and I appreciate those taking the time to login and do so.
I use great caution to not take everything I read on the interwebs as gospel but try to use the little bit of experience and common sense that I posses to parse out what I take in and formulate my own opinion.

JJJ - do you ever travel south of TJ? Me thinks you have you head up your ass.

Oh I got your number Elgatoloco. You're one of those right-wing "tea bagger' types that listens to Michael Savage, and you don't believe in Global warning. My God, you don't believe in global warming, but you believe in everything else.

Here's your one of your posts here:

Whats Michael Savage's take on that? Dying to hear it.

You types, Elgatoloco, always want to believe the worse about Mexico, so of course, you're going to believe this story. Although, in this story, there are two or three things, you really have to wonder about.

1. How did Josie jump in the drivers side of her truck, when a Mexican man was already driving the truck?

2. Josie said, she was thrown from her truck, and her shoulder was hit by the back tire. How is that possible, without her suffering great bodily injury.

3. Josie is a young woman, would a young woman take on two car thieves have have three times the strength of the average woman?

You would think, a typical young woman in that situation, would be worried more about being raped and killed, than just her truck stolen.

So lets concentrate on the details, where stories seem to always fall apart, than if the story could have happened.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 01:41 PM

JJJ, your questions are valid! i had the same thoughts. it just seems that 4-7th hand stories aren't very credible, especially when Josie doesn't chime in.

knowing the area, there would have been MANY gringos in close proximity and if Josie would have screamed bloody murder, someone would have come to investigate, chase the turds. i'm stumped on this fact alone and chose to not follow this thread for there.......

all that to say, El Gato is a sane guy, he enjoys many of the same places we do so i think it's fair to say, AHEM, (in my best Rodney King) "Can't we all get along?"

it ain't that serious.....

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 02:24 PM

I heard the story from a very reliable friend of mine who knows Josie...apparently it was blowing hard offshore at that time and nobody heard the screams which is entirely plausible in that area. I believe Josie was truck jacked.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 02:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
I heard the story from a very reliable friend of mine who knows Josie...apparently it was blowing hard offshore at that time and nobody heard the screams which is entirely plausible in that area. I believe Josie was truck jacked.

There were no eyewitnesses. Remember according to Josie's story, it was high tide, and nobody could hear here screams. Another thing I find hard to believe.

It's amazing how many people have come forward and said Josie's story is true, when nobody actually witnessed what happened.

At best Shari, your very reliable friend, would be considered a third or fourth handed story or it would be considered hearsay in a court of law.

BTW, I want to know, how the alleged Mexican car hijacker, thieves have been made out to be meth tweakers? Josie, never mentioned drugs in her story.

I always thought most car thieves, especially the professional ones, were non-violent, who made their living doing this, and make it a point of not having weapons or drugs, in case they're caught.

surfcolorado

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 03:02 PM
Truck jack details

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 03:05 PM

Joe, I highly doubt these thugs were pros...it is sooooo far to go just to jack an auto..pros would most likely work in bigger centers where more choices were available.

In these remote areas..most crimes like this are hard to hide...many are local tweakers known to the police but unless someone puts in a demanda with some evidence, there is nothing the local cops can do. Most people wont do that especially in the boonies as you have to go a long way away to put in the report and often make a couple trips and be available...which most gringos wont do.

Locals often wont report these guys either as they just dont want to risk being involved in any way in the drug problem. Many of the thugs are protected by cartels and wont do time anyway and it is costly to put a report in in time and gas with probably little results except you being branded a rat...so it is a problem we are all dealing with in the villages at times.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
surfcolorado

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 03:12 PM
Details

Just posted a long reply and for some reason text didn't work.. In any case JJJ... Not a question as to if a court would accept 3rd or 4 the hand. This is about a horrible incident that did happen, yea when Josie showed up at my camp in Alex's van wrapped in a blanket naked underneath, bloody all over her head and face, tears steaming down her face, that kinda made me think it was real. Thanks Shari, at least someone has a good grasp of the situation.
surfcolorado

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 03:29 PM
More details

JJJ no one said they ever saw it, but to those of us who were there it clearly happened. So, details are only as good as Josie's story and recollection of the more minute details... One reason no one heard it besides the loud surf is it all went down in apx. 1 -1.5 minutes, super fast. Later the next day, one camp thought they remembered hearing a scream, but didn't get up in the middle if the night.... Yea I know, but that's what they said. Josie told me the story 2 different times, and it makes sense.
Josie is a tough committed young woman, and her first thoughts when she got out of the truck were to save her truck and not let them steal it... She tried to get the keys in the cab but as she was trying to get in/ wrestle/get keys, the guy had already gotten them, started the truck and drove off, throwing her down on her face and the rear driver wheel ran over her shoulder, breaking her collarbone, so JJJ she actually incurred pretty serious injury.
Josie made decisions in an instant, and didn't have much time to think... Clearly made some security mistakes, I.e. Keys readily available, and she knows that.
All I really want to do is be sure people take this seriously, and be aware that bad stuff can happen out there. Thanks again Shari
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 03:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surfcolorado  
Just posted a long reply and for some reason text didn't work.. In any case JJJ... Not a question as to if a court would accept 3rd or 4 the hand. This is about a horrible incident that did happen, yea when Josie showed up at my camp in Alex's van wrapped in a blanket naked underneath, bloody all over her head and face, tears steaming down her face, that kinda made me think it was real. Thanks Shari, at least someone has a good grasp of the situation.

Why is Josie naked under the blanket?

Did the tweakers high on meth, rape Josie? You know tweakers high on meth have super human strength, one of them already had the ski mask, and baton, and the high tide was especially loud. But I guess these unprofessionals made out to be tweakers, were only after the truck.

Yet this lone female, mountain climber, takes on two Mexican dudes who were high on drugs, according to a few posters here. And I'm having a hard time figuring out how the rear tire, ran over Josie's shoulder, I wonder this every time I get in my car, because if I was thrown out of the car, the rear tires would miss me, unless I somehow got tangled under the car, in which case the injuries would be a lot more serious.

You're changing the story Surf Colorado, and if I was a police detective, I would jump all over that. At no time did Josie mention, she fought with the second guy over the truck keys. BTW who leaves their truck open, with the keys inside, and then goes to sleep in the back cab with a cover?

This is Josie's story, she posted, so unless you're Josie, don't change the facts from the story, and if Josie is telling a different version every time she tells the story, than that would make her suspect too.

Ok, thanks to Bud's posting, several of you have asked and I'm tired of telling the story over and over, so here it is: (Beware, this is a similar kind of thing to when you guys ask me "what's the craziest thing you've seen/done" at work; maybe you don't really want to hear the details.)

Sunday morning, 1am at a campsite on the beach in the Baja (others camped around me within 200' or so) I awaken in the back of my truck to another truck rallying up to within about a foot of my window. I sit bolt up right and the next thing I know the camper shell door is being rattled open by a guy in a ski mask swinging a baton and demanding "Da me los llaves!" (give me the keys). I recoil, screaming, farther back into the camper and tell him I don't have them (trying to stall, hoping for help from fellow campers, and truthfully, because the keys were stashed in the cab of the truck). I offer money, but also didn't have it handy. I grab the next best thing, my theracane, and knock him across the face with it, hoping to at least escape being enclosed in the truck. He jumps back, but then I here another voice and the engine started. His friend had found the keys. I jump out of the back and run screaming and swinging into the open driver's door. I know it was foolish, but I had just awoken from a deep sleep, was thoroughly confused and damn well wasn't just gonna LET him drive off with my truck and everything in it. Pedal to the metal, he rallied straight out of my site, over cobble stones and bushes, down a small embankment, sending me flying. The back tire collided with my shoulder, snapping my collar bone. No one had heard a sound until I ran right up to the next camp, yelling, begging for someone to please go after my truck. Whether it was dumb luck on their part, or it was well planned I'm not sure, but the waves were big that night and being camped within 20' of high tide line, you couldn't hear a thing over the roar of the surf. Searing pain dropped me to the ground. As my vision tunneled, darkness intermingled with flashes of bright color hallucinations, I put my hand to my shoulder to feel the lump of a bone at the wrong angle. Thoughts of the stuff I lost, were pushed aside by the realization of a ruined trip to Patagonia. The kind folks in the camp came out to help me, but all I distinctly remember saying was "my life is ruined."

My life isn't ruined, but this has certainly been testing my ability to maintain a positive attitude. The best part has been the kindness of my friends, and the realization that, though there may be some pretty f***ed up people in this world, there are many amazingly kind people that go out of there way to help out. I am fortunate to be surrounded by mostly the latter type. Thanks to all of the Baja crew, especially Jp Bowles and Alexander Bordes Evans for taking me to the hospital, enduring the maddening task of filing a police report in Mexico, and driving me to the border. And to Fibber, Mike B and Matt Sixsmith for entertaining me with plans of hunting down and hanging the banditos, housing me, and feeding me food, wine and painkillers. And to Andy Hoeckel for driving to San Diego for the stateside part of the SAR. That was a hell of a rescue boys!

[Edited on 1-3-2015 by JoeJustJoe]
surfcolorado

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 04:15 PM

Wow JJJ you are really something.... She was naked because they took her truck you knucklehead, she was sleeping that way... No rape, and yes indeed seems like they were just after the truck. JJJ... It's not my story you are correct, it doesn't really matter if YOU can't figure out exactly how she got hit by the truck, she ended up with a broken collarbone from the incident. And yes, she did try to " take on" 2 guys... Read the story idiot, she was tryin to not let her truck get stolen. Yes she did leave the keys in an unlocked cab and yes that was stupid... She knows that. All I'm trying to do is be sure people realize that chit DID happen out there.... And hopefully make people aware that what has felt like a pretty safe place for a long time may be changing even though JJJ doesn't THINK meth is much of a problem. And yes JJJ we do not know for certain the bad guys are meth users, they were probably just on the way home from Midnight Mass....
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 04:19 PM

Boy, JJJ just LIVES for this kind of repartee, don't he?

Of course, that's all we get from him. Nothing of any substance, involving his personal experiences in Mexico. No trip reports, no nothing.

Why is he even here, except to take exception to anything that makes Mexico look bad.............and blame it on a gringo?

He's the ultimate Nomad troll, really. Talking the talk, based on his internet perceptions of gringos in Mexico, but never walking the walk.

Geez, dude, get a life...............outside of an internet troll.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 04:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  

Of course, that's all we get from him. Nothing of any substance, involving his personal experiences in Mexico. No trip reports, no nothing.

Why is he even here, except to take exception to anything that makes Mexico look bad.............and blame it on a gringo?

He's the ultimate Nomad troll, really. Talking the talk, based on his internet perceptions of gringos in Mexico, but never walking the walk.

WORD!

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 04:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surfcolorado  
Wow JJJ you are really something.... She was naked because they took her truck you knucklehead, she was sleeping that way... No rape, and yes indeed seems like they were just after the truck. JJJ... It's not my story you are correct, it doesn't really matter if YOU can't figure out exactly how she got hit by the truck, she ended up with a broken collarbone from the incident. And yes, she did try to " take on" 2 guys... Read the story idiot, she was tryin to not let her truck get stolen. Yes she did leave the keys in an unlocked cab and yes that was stupid... She knows that. All I'm trying to do is be sure people realize that chit DID happen out there.... And hopefully make people aware that what has felt like a pretty safe place for a long time may be changing even though JJJ doesn't THINK meth is much of a problem. And yes JJJ we do not know for certain the bad guys are meth users, they were probably just on the way home from Midnight Mass....

So let me get this straight, Josie was sleeping in the back of the cab buck naked. I know Baja is warmer than the rest of the USA, but I would think it still would be a little cold seeing the camp ground is next to the ocean, and it's winter.

Where it gets really unbelievable, is that anybody would put on that kind of fight, buck naked, especially a young woman!

My first instinct would be to reach for the clothes, before I would engage someone in a fight, but that's just me.

You know what I notice, not only Mexicans do drugs, but plenty of Americans do drugs too, and I'm thinking perhaps, some type of " Hallucinogenic mushrooms, were going on at this campground, and not only the Mexican car hijackers were high.

And again, Surf Colorado, you changed a material fact in the story, and that's always troubling.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 05:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  

You know what I notice on "Baja Nomad" is the members here badly need Mexican members, to provide a little balance. I'm Mexican-American, mostly American, because I live in the states, but I try to see both sides. But it's a shame no Mexican nationals like Jessie, post here to give the site a little balance.

What happens here, especially with the older ultra conservative types set in their ways. The want to see the worse in Mexicans, and the best in Americans, basically any American, they quickly side with.

This camping thief hijacking story has more holes in this story than Swiss cheese, yet 90 percent of the American ex-pats here are ready to believe this story without a doubt, and are quick to make the alleged car thieves into drug junkies, when there is no evidence drugs were being used, or this event even took place, except for a few anonymous first time posters, who claim it happened the way Josie wrote it, and then set up a donation site asking for money to replace Josie's truck that was stolen. That alone should rise red flags.

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 05:02 PM

Some people are just "mad as hell." If you don't feed a stray he won't come back.

To the people who reported this, thank you for your time of reporting this and especially for putting up with rude people. Most of us realize that posting this you had absolutely nothing to gain in doing so.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 05:22 PM

Seems as if y'all are beating this to death....The only person that was there was the girl..and the bad guys..everything else is BS

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 05:33 PM

Frank, you look like a biter!

just saying!

surfcolorado

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 08:54 PM

Agreed, beaten to death! She was in a sleeping bag you marooon, JJJ , and when she came out of the back, got out of that. and yes she still did try to "take em on".
Not my story, not trying to change anything. Small details don't matter, you read her story. I'm sure she didn't feel the need to stress the fact that she wasn't clothed, I probably shouldn't have said anything. People, be safe and keep your eyes open, have a fantastic fun new year, I'm going back to the wall end of jan thru few, anyone wants to say hello feel free... White bus....cold beer, no mushrooms, sorry JJj.

pappy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2015 at 12:34 PM

a friend of mine and his newlywed wife spent 2 weeks in Baja on their honeymoon. went to the tip and back camping,surfing,exploring. I gave the some tips on where to go,etc. had the trip of a lifetime with one exception. It was around 10:30 am and they were just leaving la fonda to cross the border and head home. in the parking area they were held up at gunpoint. guy shot a round or two into the gravel to let them know he was serious. took their truck and everything in it-dog, surfboards, money,camp gear ,etc.

that did not make it on to any blogs,etc. so, the point is just because something isn't found on social media does not mean it didn't happen. btw, a couple months later they got a call from mexicalli police. they got their truck. they went and got it. everything was gone. it was merely a shell of a vehicle...
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.