Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  58    60    62  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 11:28 AM

Janene, no one said Gary told the employees at jardines that he was headed to BOLA. Your making this very difficult in that many will get confused with the facts. I want your feedback but please keep to what has been posted.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 11:30 AM

Dan I just posted this, perhaps you missed it:

Here is a quote from an earlier Nomad post:

posted on 9-12-2013 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator

My name is Jenn Patton, I am Dave and Molly's daughter. I am sending you a couple pictures of my Uncle Gary (Patton) and his vehicle that he is driving. He hasn't been heard from since last Wednesday when he arrived at Jardines Hotel in San Quintin.. He is driving a 2002 Toyota 4 Runner, Silver with a heavy duty roof rack.. He mentioned to my dad that he wanted to go see the whale sharks in Bahia de los Angeles.

That would make perfect sense to bring a board to paddle out on and a wetsuit and his camera. This is all speculation Dan.

[Edited on 4-8-2014 by EnsenadaDr]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
How about the ambusher taking a joy ride including getting rid of evidence and figuring out where to dump the car

How about prescribing yourself some meds to rein in your bizarre imagination?
"Ambush??" That's right out of "Platoon."

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 11:33 AM

I saw it janene-Where does it mention that this information came from the hotel?
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 11:35 AM

Quote:

Then why would you leave San Quintin when you have access to surf and fishing to drive an hour south?

You're indicating your unfamiliarity with the activity of surfing.

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 11:38 AM

The very first post was from Baja Blanca that said:

He is not an avid fisherman either...he just loves Baja, the people, the views.....He does not use plastic, he has enough cash to last him awhile.

So a fish camp doesn't seem likely without fishing equipment.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 11:45 AM

without going back thru it all something is wrong, obviously! that little road he got stuck on is not a road someone would turn down to find a place to camp. he was close to the beach, it was probably noon if he drove from SQ after breakfast when he got to that spot.

I can drive from the border to the beach in that zone in 8 hours.......

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 11:49 AM

Quote:
The very first post was from Baja Blanca that said:

He is not an avid fisherman either...he just loves Baja, the people, the views.....He does not use plastic, he has enough cash to last him awhile.

So a fish camp doesn't seem likely without fishing equipment.

Janene, there are waves near fish camps. Just sayin'...

Perhaps, when a man has special knowledge and special powers like my own, it rather encourages him to seek a complex explanation when a simpler one is at hand.

- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 11:50 AM

We can all speculate as to what might possibly have happened with Gary. Facts are; he's made no contact with relatives or anyone else, no credit/debit card transactions on his accounts, no anything. My condolences to his family.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 11:52 AM

If he stopped at the PEMEX in El Rosario Antonio would have it on his security camera video.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 12:11 PM

from 6 months ago? maybe..... we usually stop at the Pinos in south SQ as ER is always so busy.....

Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 12:15 PM

Coming in on the San Jose road to surf at Canoas doesn't make too much sense---its backtracking/extra mileage. Perhaps he drove to Canoas on the north road, camped for awhile, then wanted to head south to the Sisters, so he used the connector road the truck was found near. What does that do to the mileage? BTW there is also a coastal connector road from Canoas to Faro San Jose but its a little more treacherous in spots...had he known that he would have taken the inland connector where the truck was found near.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 12:15 PM

These professionals in the San Diego area have noticed the disjointed confusion being presented in this thread and graciously offered their services:

http://www.gigmasters.com/Search/Psychic-San-Diego-CA.html

absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 12:27 PM

There is another thing that is puzzling to me. I have been stuck more times than I would like to admit. After lowering tire pressure, shoveling away sand (or snow), rocking back and forth etc I always jacked up the car and put something under the tires. Isn't jacking the car up common or it that just a technique that worked for me?
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
These professionals in the San Diego area have noticed the disjointed confusion being presented in this thread and graciously offered their services:

http://www.gigmasters.com/Search/Psychic-San-Diego-CA.html
gosh, how do you pick one?? they all seem so professional!:lol:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy

gosh, how do you pick one?? they all seem so professional!:lol:

It's all in the name:

http://www.gigmasters.com/Psychic/Judy-Hevenly

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 12:51 PM

What you posted is below. I think what you meant in your post was that he was going to be back in three days, which he did in fact tell them but he didn't tell the employees at jardines that he was going to BOLA and did not mention taking photos of Whale Sharks….It's all good janene!

He was going to take pictures of whale sharks and be back in three days as he told the hotel,
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
from 6 months ago? maybe..... we usually stop at the Pinos in south SQ as ER is always so busy.....

Since the car was found March 4 go back from there for as long as he has recorded. I don't know how long he keeps the video. I'll ask.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 12:58 PM

Yes Dan that is what I meant that is why I deleted my response as I was going to clarify it. TW and Woody have great ideas on checking out security videos but I don't think they go back that far. But someone might remember something. Also retracing the drive and in those areas where the car was found might yield other clues if they keep a lookout in all directions while driving slowly.
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
What you posted is below. I think what you meant in your post was that he was going to be back in three days, which he did in fact tell them but he didn't tell the employees at jardines that he was going to BOLA and did not mention taking photos of Whale Sharks….It's all good janene!

He was going to take pictures of whale sharks and be back in three days as he told the hotel,

[Edited on 4-8-2014 by EnsenadaDr]
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 01:06 PM

What do you call someone who assaults a driver and robs him?Ambush can also mean a surprise attack. I am sure Gary presented himself as a friendly guy trying to help someone out and got more than he bargained for. The robber knew that the car was hot and dumped it. Makes more sense than him pulling in miles off the main road only after 2 hours into his trip and no one seeing him.
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
How about the ambusher taking a joy ride including getting rid of evidence and figuring out where to dump the car

How about prescribing yourself some meds to rein in your bizarre imagination?
"Ambush??" That's right out of "Platoon."
 Pages:  1  ..  58    60    62  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.