Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  60    62    64  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BornFisher
If someone was going to hide a vehicle after murdering the owner, wouldn`t they remove the plates? Or try to disguise the vehicle some how? Or burn the vehicle to hide evidence? Or keep the cameras?

Or, park it in town with the keys in the ignition. Instant POOF. It's gone. :lol:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
chavycha
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
The fact that there were valuables still inside, and the vehicle was intact is testament to the remoteness and lack of traffic in the area. In most parts of the peninsula, a car could not be left for a night without being stripped, let alone months.

Exactly. The idea that someone would go to the length of hiding a car down 40 miles of dirt road is preposterous, at best. It wouldn't take more than a few hours for it to 'disappear' in one of the yonkes.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 05:06 PM

unless the person saw the flyers and knew that the police were hot on the trail, and didn't want to take a chance.
24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 05:10 PM

Speculation and rehashing gets you no where and makes me and i would think other nomads stop reading and that is a bad thing because we need good fresh intel, eyes and ears on the ground and resolution not speculation and what ifs that mire the important and pertinant information.:fire:
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
unless the person saw the flyers and knew that the police were hot on the trail, and didn't want to take a chance.
Maybe Chapo Guzman forced Gary to give him a ride to that remote location after holding him hostage for 3 months, then loaded him in his helicopter and dropped him in the ocean so there was no witnesses. Can you see how pointless this is?

"The future ain't what it used to be"
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 05:16 PM

Iagree, stop all the negative speculation, ban Edoc from this post...He may (hopefully) have met a lovely latina, and is busily frying his brain as we speak....WHY? All the doom and gloom? When LL pulls the plug, thats it....

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 05:58 PM

I love you too Chuckie, when I see you I will give you an abrazo fuerte and un besito amigo!! Muah!!
Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
Iagree, stop all the negative speculation, ban Edoc from this post...He may (hopefully) have met a lovely latina, and is busily frying his brain as we speak....WHY? All the doom and gloom? When LL pulls the plug, thats it....
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 06:10 PM

Quote:
Iagree, stop all the negative speculation,

Negative speculation can be helpful, Chuckie, if it makes any sense, but most, to this moment, hasn't made any sense at all.

We can hope for better in the future. :biggrin:

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 06:13 PM

Of course not, if it comes from a woman!! That goes without saying!!
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Iagree, stop all the negative speculation,

Negative speculation can be helpful, Chuckie, if it makes any sense, but most, to this moment, hasn't made any sense at all.

We can hope for better in the future. :biggrin:
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 06:15 PM

We need to slow down and pace ourselves. We apparently have three weeks of speculation and innuendo to create before the good guys return to the scene. :lol:

Although Janene does seem pretty capable.............:rolleyes:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 06:18 PM

Quote:
Of course not, if it comes from a woman!! That goes without saying

You, a woman, are in the minority [although not alone] for bloviating BS in this thread.

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 06:23 PM

really? I think I had some good ideas...well that's ok I was just trying to help...
Quote:
Quote:

You, a woman, are in the minority [although not alone] for bloviating BS in this thread.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 06:28 PM

Quote:
Quote:

You, a woman, are in the minority [although not alone] for bloviating BS in this thread. [/quote bloviating, word for the day! (yes, I had to look it up).;D
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 06:38 PM

Until you played the gender card, I was willing to cut you some slack. Now I'm just going to sit quietly and believe in my heart that you watch WAY too many soap operas on TV and that your opinions reflect that kind of conditioning. That's just speculation on my part. I'm just trying to help.:lol:

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
Quote:
Quote:

You, a woman, are in the minority [although not alone] for bloviating BS in this thread. [/quote bloviating, word for the day! (yes, I had to look it up).;D

Good for you Willard guy, you just proved you don't watch Bill O'Reilly on Faux! Now back to the regularly scheduled speculation.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 06:52 PM

Actually I never watch TV. I am taking the day off relaxing and getting away from studying. I hate sitcoms and soap operas. Remember that sometimes life is truer than fiction. I was brought up however, on non-fiction books that my mom used to read and I loved as well: In Cold Blood by Truman Capote, A stranger beside me, about Ted Bundy, and many other true crime mysteries.
Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
Until you played the gender card, I was willing to cut you some slack. Now I'm just going to sit quietly and believe in my heart that you watch WAY too many soap operas on TV and that your opinions reflect that kind of conditioning. That's just speculation on my part. I'm just trying to help.:lol:
azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 06:59 PM

I have " lurked " on this forum for awhile, as there are often informative and interesting posts, but have never really "logged in " Why? Because with all the good hearts here, people who care, there are those who appear to be at the " upper level" who are very critical and at times, outwardly abusive to posters. i can hear it now, get a thick skin, whatever, for all the good some of you nomads do, lizard lips etal there are some of you who are so full of yourselves and nasty it is staggering. There are people here, myself included that are concerned about what happened to Gary. We are are expressing thoughts, some of them maybe dumb, but often by going over a situation , some little potentially inconsequential grain becomes VERY important. i doubt my feelings will be well received because there are some people here who think they are vastly more intelligent than the rest of us. I have lived in Baja on and off for 30 years and there is always something new to learn. I suspect this will be my last post( raise your glasses in toast) because the attitude is as we say here, es insuportable
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 07:09 PM

A little intermission music-------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lals72I5DEY
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 08:44 PM

I like your comments. I hope you continue to post. I agree with you 100%.
Quote:
Originally posted by azucena
I have " lurked " on this forum for awhile, as there are often informative and interesting posts, but have never really "logged in " Why? Because with all the good hearts here, people who care, there are those who appear to be at the " upper level" who are very critical and at times, outwardly abusive to posters. i can hear it now, get a thick skin, whatever, for all the good some of you nomads do, lizard lips etal there are some of you who are so full of yourselves and nasty it is staggering. There are people here, myself included that are concerned about what happened to Gary. We are are expressing thoughts, some of them maybe dumb, but often by going over a situation , some little potentially inconsequential grain becomes VERY important. i doubt my feelings will be well received because there are some people here who think they are vastly more intelligent than the rest of us. I have lived in Baja on and off for 30 years and there is always something new to learn. I suspect this will be my last post( raise your glasses in toast) because the attitude is as we say here, es insuportable
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 09:37 PM
Camera Contents

I think this could potentially provide a lot of information and answer many questions.

Some have written that Gary is an avid shooter and probably took snapshots along the entire journey.

My thoughts were that since it's probable that he perished slowly, he likely recorded his condition. Others in his situation either write notes or take images of the situation knowing that they will help people understand. It's therefore possible that the camera may have videos recording Gary's thoughts, fears, and decisions during those last days.

Of course, it's also possible that Gary fully expected to return to his car from the walk for help and the danger took him by surprise. But the first scenario is more probable. So some important information could come out of that camera.
 Pages:  1  ..  60    62    64  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.