Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  61    63    65  ..  68
Author: Subject: Jimena
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 9-7-2009 at 08:07 PM

mike...do not despair...roz and i will deposit 2 grand in the account with rick barber tomorrow at bank of america...it takes time...all the banks were closed today here so that makes it a little tough...we're on it, amigo...on our way thursday...same as you

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
Crusoe
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2009 at 08:29 PM

Ok Arrowhead..... Please give us your real name, phone # and address, date of birth, and SEX.. NO BACK TYPING, COME CLEAN. Skeeter is an old man still finding his way, and has alot of knowledge how things work in Baja. Your constant negative attacks are getting very old!! There is people on this thread that want to help people in dire situations, so just back off with your negative energy and tell us whats so horribly wrong with you, and why you are so intent with your negative posts that continually assualt Nomads when they are trying from the bottom of their hearts and souls to help. Please come clean?????
tortuga
Nomad

Mood: Muy Despacio

[*] posted on 9-7-2009 at 08:52 PM
We're waiting.................

Nothing happens by chance

http://www.bajatortuga.com
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 9-7-2009 at 08:57 PM

uh oh...misinterpretation...i think..slow down folks...we're ok...we're all a big community and if we were at a barbeque someplace right now together we'd all be chucklin'...adult beverage in hand...take a deep breath

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 9-7-2009 at 10:07 PM

I feel there are many $$$$ from Nomads....waiting in the wings..... waiting for the official post of "Hurricane Jimena relief fund is set up".

I haven't seen that yet. It may be in these posts somewhere....

If it is, it got lost in the Jimena thread.

If a fund is in place and ready for donations, Please Post links and info Clearly and separately so it doesn't get lost in the other disaster information.

edit- I just went back and viewed "today's posts" to make sure I didn't miss something and I don't see a "Donate Now" post/link.

[Edited on 9-8-2009 by BajaNuts]

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 9-7-2009 at 10:34 PM
For Hendo, PLS check your U2U NFM

Hendo, please check your U2U.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
EngineerMike
Nomad

Mood: piso mojado

[*] posted on 9-7-2009 at 10:36 PM

Treasurer's Update:

Cash now $200US plus $100 Canadian. Too late to do the math, but thanks to the Nomads making it happen. Things are starting to cook now.

Hurt me some more w/that 3% PayPal match, I haven't had to put up much yet, but hoping to get hurt bad.

Yeah, I know- its "badly" but its late & I'm hitting the sak.

Director, Mulege Student Scholarship Program
Oasis Rio Baja #M-3, & Auburn, CA
arrowhead
Banned

[*] posted on 9-7-2009 at 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Crusoe
Ok Arrowhead..... why you are so intent with your negative posts that continually assualt Nomads when they are trying from the bottom of their hearts and souls to help. Please come clean?????

Why don't you grow up? Where are my negative posts? Show them to me. I made what I think is one of the best suggestions here: Give money to the Mexican Red Cross earmarked for Hurricane Jimena.

But, oh no, half the people here poo-pooed the idea. It seems everybody and his brother wants to run his own little charity organization. They all want to step on each others toes standing out on the main street in Mulege being a hero passing out used clothes to the indios. They all want to be efficient spending $300 in gas driving themsleves down there to pass out $400 worth of used clothes. They all think they can handle it better than the Mexicans can. They all think they know who deserves the charity more than the Mexicans do. They all think they know more what the people need than the Mexicans themselves.

What hubris.

No soy por ni contra apatía.
BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 9-7-2009 at 10:43 PM

E-Mike-

Please make it easy for us...

where's the link to the "DONATE HERE" page?

I say this because after being out of the forum for 13 hours, it takes a while to get caught up. If your current posts included a link or reference to the donation site, it would help us stragglers catch up.

Thanks.

'nuts

austriaco

[*] posted on 9-8-2009 at 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Posada-BushPilot
The Rotary club has received commitments (Pledges) for well over $9000 ...............

I will have the banking information we need by tomorrow to get the money flowing into the club's Bancomer account. Failing tha,t we will use your Scholarship account to collect the donations.

[Edited on 9-8-2009 by austriaco]

Posada-BushPilot,
can you please publish the Clubs Bancomer account number?
If one has an account there himself, its easier to make a transfer then anything else.

[Edited on 9-8-2009 by austriaco]
baja-spirit
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2009 at 05:40 AM

I tried to donate thru Pay Pal to mike@fleming.cc, what am I doing wrong, it keeps saying need a valid email addy...
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2009 at 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by arrowhead
Quote:
Ok Arrowhead..... why you are so intent with your negative posts that continually assualt Nomads when they are trying from the bottom of their hearts and souls to help. Please come clean?????

Why don't you grow up? Where are my negative posts? Show them to me. I made what I think is one of the best suggestions here: Give money to the Mexican Red Cross earmarked for Hurricane Jimena.

But, oh no, half the people here poo-pooed the idea. It seems everybody and his brother wants to run his own little charity organization. They all want to step on each others toes standing out on the main street in Mulege being a hero passing out used clothes to the indios. They all want to be efficient spending $300 in gas driving themsleves down there to pass out $400 worth of used clothes. They all think they can handle it better than the Mexicans can. They all think they know who deserves the charity more than the Mexicans do. They all think they know more what the people need than the Mexicans themselves.

What hubris.

Interesting post. Right to the point. Arrowhead's argument holds water. "Sorry your town has been destroyed, here's some old clothes." Does the thought really count?
Beachgirl
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2009 at 06:44 AM

EngineerMike - I just made my donation thru your Paypal account. Please check it out. Says you need to do something at your end to register as a recipient. So....instead of going to B of A today I shifted the funds to YOU. Hope you get it. Let me know please. Paypal is easier. I had been waiting for the holiday weekend to end so I could get into the bank.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2009 at 06:58 AM

The Baja Nomads are doing a great Job!

The People of Mulege are doing a great Job!! Mexicanos and Americanos!!

The Baja Bush Pilots are doing a great Job!!

Thanks to all of those great People in their Efforts to recover from a Tough Time.

Skeet/Loreto
Mexrick
Junior Nomad

Mood: Still a bit soggy!!!

[*] posted on 9-8-2009 at 07:28 AM
Additional Donation Site

I have many pictures of the destruction on my website (www.mulege-mls.com) and instructions on how you can donate to the Mulege Relief Fund.

If you are coming down, the hotels are full but we need food, clothing and, of course, $$$. Your generosity will be greatly appreciated.

Rick

Rick - MeT
Live Where You Play
Mulegé, BCS, Mexico
Beachgirl
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2009 at 08:35 AM

Ok heads up people. I did my noble thing sending money via Paypal to EngineerMike...problem is I used two "M"s in Flemming...Wrong. There is only one "M", had I paid attention I would have done it right. I have cancelled the outgoing payment to Mike FleMMing, but can't stop Paypal from extracting funds from my bank account. Now it will be 2-3 business days before it actually shows as a positive balance in Paypal (don't know why). Then I will be able to resend to the correct address. Just in case there is someone out there who might make the same mistake wanted to give a heads up on this. I believe Mike is making some posting with a easy click on now, so I might be the only one to screw up my donation...
Beachgirl
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2009 at 08:38 AM

One more idea. We are buying a solar shower bag to hang outside. Even if we can get a couple of gallons of water in there, we can at least rinse ourselves off. Just a thought for those peeps who are driving down.
Beachgirl
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2009 at 08:40 AM

How about gallon baggies to donate, so that the people who are distributing fem products, diapers and stuff can separate and bag small items for people...
EngineerMike
Nomad

Mood: piso mojado

[*] posted on 9-8-2009 at 08:58 AM
PayPal Donations

First, a million thanks to all contributing. Received & hard pledges (i.e. I know its coming) comes to $2,285.

For donation through the Mulege Student Scholarship Program, Inc:

1) Right Click on This Link to PayPal and choose "Open Link in New Tab." This will leave these instructions open in this tab for your reference.

2) Login as usual

3) Click on "Send Money"

4) to avoid problems with misspelling, copy my email address as follows & paste it in the "TO (email or mobile phone)" field:
mike@fleming.cc

5) Fill in the donation amount in "Amount", click "Personal" and choose "Gift" and click "Continue"

6) on the next screen scroll down & write any note you would like to send, your address would be great but not req'd, then click "SEND"
and you have donated.

3 caveats:
First, misspelling will mess things up, cut & paste is better.
Second, PayPal may hold large donation amounts for a day or two to "verify funds" or have other similar process with your account; usually they explain that on screen or in an email. That's no big deal here, you can send me a note so I know what's in the works and can plan. This effort will take many weeks. Our first brigade leaves in 2 or 3 days.
Third, in step 5 above, choosing clicking PERSONAL and choosing GIFT eliminates the PayPal 3%. Please do this, AND I WILL STILL KICK IN THE 3% ON TOP!!! THANKS FOR HURTING ME MORE!!!!

Again if you prefer to send a check:
MSSP, 1284 Vintage Way, Auburn, CA 95603

Mulege Student Scholarship Program, Inc. is a California Non-profit corporation, federal tax I.D. 94-3246122 in business since 1987.

[Edited on 9-8-2009 by EngineerMike]

Director, Mulege Student Scholarship Program
Oasis Rio Baja #M-3, & Auburn, CA
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2009 at 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by k-rico
Quote:
Originally posted by arrowhead
Quote:

What hubris.

Interesting post. Right to the point. Arrowhead's argument holds water. "Sorry your town has been destroyed, here's some old clothes." Does the thought really count?
I think that Arrowhead has a valid point. I have been through many Baja hurricanes and I'm always amazed at how fast the Mexican people working together with local govt., the army,CFE, and Cruz Roja put things back together. Yes this is a tragedy, but don't underestimate the capacity of the local people, they have been through this before. Donate in a way that isn,t condescending to local organizations, they have it together more than some might think.
 Pages:  1  ..  61    63    65  ..  68

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.