Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  61    63    65  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 09:38 PM

I agree Azucena! Please continue to post your thoughts and ideas no matter what they are. I really don't care what is posted only if it relates to what and where we are going with this thread. All input is more than welcome.

Everyone agrees that my interview with the rancher has opened up a BIG can of worms and if you were to meet this nice man you would agree that what he has told me comes from the heart. He has no agenda and no reason to tell us lies about what his observations were. I have interviewed hundreds of people for many investigations and when I initially meet the person I get a good feeling if they are telling me the truth or are outright lying to me. This guy is the real deal. I wish I had him here in front of me to question him more because I missed a lot especially after you guys have asked so many great questions. There is always time for that later.

I hope you are coming to the search Janene. We really need a doctor with us and I am SERIOUS. You can come with me in my Jeep as long as you keep the conversation to a minimum. (Im joking) but I am serious about coming with us. With as many people as I think will make it a doctor would be a great positive….
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 09:45 PM

question, does the rancher speak english or was the interview in spanish? absolutely no reason, just curious.:?:
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 09:47 PM

Once the exact location is seen it will be clear if the rancher could perhaps not seen the vehicle.

How many times have you camped in an arroyo and were surprised to have a dark cow appear from behind some elephant tree? I've been startled like that many times. Could Gary's vehicle been obscured by vegetation and not easily visible?
N2Baja
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Once the exact location is seen it will be clear if the rancher could perhaps not seen the vehicle.

How many times have you camped in an arroyo and were surprised to have a dark cow appear from behind some elephant tree? I've been startled like that many times. Could Gary's vehicle been obscured by vegetation and not easily visible?

Considering the color of the 4runner, it does seem possible. If it were red or some other color thats not usually seen in the desert, then it would have stood out more.

Forget about the danger and think of the fun.
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 11:10 PM

The interview was conducted in Spanish. He does not speak English.

What the rancher told me exactly was that he had been in that same exact spot where he found the vehicle in December and it was NOT there. He also told me that the reason he towed the vehicle to his ranch was because he felt it was vulnerable in that other ranchers travel that same area by horseback looking for their cattle and he didn't want the 4 Runner disturbed, looted or taken by anyone else. I have no reason to discount his statement. I believe him.

Also what he told me was that you would not be able to see the 4 Runner from the road. I trust his observations and he was very confident about his statement regarding the December trip to this same spot. Did he talk with other ranchers about the sighting? I didn't ask but assumed he would have told me if it was important.

He had no knowledge of Garys disappearance prior to March 04 when he found the vehicle.

Time for bed. It's been a very long day!

[Edited on 4-9-2014 by lizard lips]
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 4-9-2014 at 06:45 AM

I'm with you 100% Lizard. Whatever I can do to help!!
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2014 at 07:29 AM

There were a lot of helicopters in the area where Gary's vehicle was found for the Baja 1000. Wonder if any of those choppers spotted the vehicle from the air? Total long shot.

I know this was miles from the race course, but they don't always fly the exact course and have to refuel at certain locations.

[Edited on 4-9-2014 by Ateo]

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 4-9-2014 at 08:54 AM

People accuse me of a avid imagination and dramatizing this sounds like something out of the Blair Witch Project.. .if Gary was perishing slowly and was using his camera to document, then where is he? The camera was in the car. Would the mileage that was recorded have allowed for him to go to BOLA? Did anyone check to see if he went on a whale watching tour in BOLA in early September?
Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
I think this could potentially provide a lot of information and answer many questions.

Some have written that Gary is an avid shooter and probably took snapshots along the entire journey.

My thoughts were that since it's probable that he perished slowly, he likely recorded his condition. Others in his situation either write notes or take images of the situation knowing that they will help people understand. It's therefore possible that the camera may have videos recording Gary's thoughts, fears, and decisions during those last days.

Of course, it's also possible that Gary fully expected to return to his car from the walk for help and the danger took him by surprise. But the first scenario is more probable. So some important information could come out of that camera.
:spingrin:
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2014 at 09:17 AM

Do you think the rancher could have found Gary? LL says he believes everything that he was told...but could he have left out any pertinent information??

I am only putting this out there because if I was out in the desert and saw a relatively clean & tidy LOCKED truck with a shovel and a rake beside it, and no people, I would know that they had gone to get help to get unstuck...Getting stuck is nothing unusual out there. The LAST thing I would do is to try to get inside someone else's locked vehicle. Maybe they were only 5 minutes away...how would the rancher know??? Then, to go back to a vehicle you had only seen the day before and tow it to a different location seems strange to me....When the driver returned, the truck wouldn't be there and he would have to conduct his own search to try and find his stuff....???

Why didn't the rancher leave all of the decisions as to what to do with the truck up to the police instead of taking all of the actions he took?
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 4-9-2014 at 09:20 AM

Shovel and a rake??? Was anything buried in the area?
pappy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2014 at 09:22 AM

mexitron- iwas going to post something similar- if canoas was he destination why go miles past trun off to san jose and backtrack?

however- your idea that he went towards/to canoas then headed south on connector road makes more sense.
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2014 at 09:46 AM

Lencho- my sentiments exactly. Most ranchers have lived in the area for generations. To think that the car was at that location for 6 months without him or other ranchers seeing it doesn't make sense. My experience in interacting with the ranchers, although limited, supports your views. I do find it somewhat unusual that he would have towed the car the next day but I do know that most ranchers will jump at the drop of a hat to help someone in trouble. It appears that he thought that the car could be vandalized by others and he did immediately report his findings to the police. We can only hope that those cameras give us some clues as to where that car might have been from Sept-March.
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2014 at 10:02 AM

I don't exactly know what you mean Latina re: your statement of the possibility of the rancher finding Gary. I believe the rancher told me everything that was of value and towed the 4 Runner to his ranch for it to be safe. It was the next day, March 05, that he went to the police and towed the vehicle to his place.

The police did not come out to his ranch until March 09. Four days later. Did the police act in a timely manner. I don't believe they did especially possibly knowing that this could have been Gary's SUV. The Police Chief apparently spends ten days on duty then comes back to his home in Ensenada then goes back for ten days of duty in Catavina. This needs to be addressed when contact is made with him.

As I mentioned Latina the rancher took possession of the vehicle for the reasons I posted.

If I was the rancher I probably would have done the same exact thing.

Was anything buried in the area Doc??????
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 4-9-2014 at 10:29 AM

Sorry but the possibility can't be overlooked with a rake and a shovel. Hopefully not. I know people are thinking he was using it to get out of the mud. The question remains, where is Gary? He is somewhere obviously.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 4-9-2014 at 10:31 AM

When are they developing the film?
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2014 at 10:36 AM

These cameras are digital Doc. No need to have it developed.

The cameras are still with the police and will be returned when the family goes down the first part of May.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 4-9-2014 at 10:40 AM

I would like to know if the rake and the shovel could be positively identified as Gary's.
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2014 at 10:43 AM

Hi LL. I just don't get why, upon discovering a LOCKED truck, for the FIRST time, obviously stuck and in good repair, would a person ENTER it and try to start it??? He said he hadn't seen it before, had no knowledge of this truck belonging to a missing person, so how did he know the owner wasn't just a mile away, getting assistance? Then why not wait a few days...are the other local ranchers so untrustworthy that a few days wait to see if the owner returned wasn't a good idea? He told you it couldn't be seen from the road, so who was going to ransack it? If you left your stuck truck and walked out to the highway to get help and then came back to find it gone, what would you do??? I'm sorry, but no matter how nice a guy he is, he spent a lot of time and energy dealing with Gary's truck, especially if he didn't know that Gary would not be returning shortly.....
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2014 at 10:47 AM

Lizard Lips,

"The last photo taken by Gary was dated 09/05/2013. This is the day he checked out of Hotel Jardines in San Quintin and was last seen. "

This was news posted by you on 3/20 after the family had visited the Toyota at the yard in Catavina. Is the thought that there are extra memory cards in the vehicle, or?

Did he take a laptop?

Ken

[Edited on 4-9-2014 by tripledigitken]
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2014 at 11:01 AM

When a truck has sat in one spot for months, it looks a lot different than if had just gotten there. It would have a very healthy layer of dirt on the windshield and every where else. I`m sure the rancher realized the vehicle had been there a long time, and investigated.
 Pages:  1  ..  61    63    65  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.