David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-13-2009 at 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
David...Is it raining up there?

When you're gonna hijack, go big.

Dennis, are you up yet? Have you had a Pacifico yet (+ lime for vitamin C)... IT HAS STARTED RAINING (a few drops) at 7:37 am here! Should I stock up on supplies in case the roads wash out?

Edit: BIG DROPS NOW! 7:42 am!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 11-13-2009 at 08:47 AM

The Pineapple express is way north of us today, it looks as if Asuncion might get some rain. We sure don't want it to rain on the Turtle Parade.:barf::barf:

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-13-2009 at 08:53 AM

What are the best weather months in La Paz? Some people book out ASAP from May to October, right?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2009 at 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajamigo
Thank you for another unctuous message.

unc·tu·ous (ngkch-s)
adj.
1. Characterized by affected, exaggerated, or insincere earnestness.
2. Having the quality or characteristics of oil or ointment;slippery.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-13-2009 at 09:24 AM

thanks for the word of the day....unctuous...sounds icky and I've probably been accused of that....I remember all my roomates hated me because I woke up sooo dang cheerful....sheesh...sucks when you are truly earnest but there's always someone who thinks you are insincere...what a weird word...in...sin..cere...hmmm....far too cerebral and slippery.

on another note...yes, it's pineapple express time...sounds like a happy hour special...hmm...sounds like a good idea....it's blowing 15-20 already this morning and some pretty ominous looking clouds.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2009 at 09:44 AM

There's more to "unctuous." It is / was a ritual, in fact a sacrament of the Catholic Church in which a sick person, presumably near death, is blessed with oil...I supose to lubricate a smooth slide into the after-life.
I guess, if it's all that is available, the cura could use lard...WD 40, maybe. I don't know.
--------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anointing_of_the_Sick

[Edited on 11-13-2009 by DENNIS]
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2009 at 09:54 AM

There is more to unctuous................

It could be used to describe a well prepared braised pork belly!

But then I'm really into pork fat.:cool::lol::cool:
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2009 at 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajamigo
Thank you for another unctuous message.

You are very welcome Bajamigo!

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver

unc•tu•ous (ngkch-s)
adj.
1. Characterized by affected, exaggerated, or insincere earnestness.
2. Having the quality or characteristics of oil or ointment;slippery.

Diver, thank you for the definition. Now I do not need to consult the dictionary.

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
...I remember all my roommates hated me because I woke up sooo dang cheerful....sheesh...sucks when you are truly earnest but there's always someone who thinks you are insincere...

As usual Shari, thank you for your great spirit!

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
…“unctuous" It is/was a ritual in fact a sacrament of the Catholic Church in which a sick person, presumably near death, is blessed with oil. I suppose to lubricate a smooth slide into the after-life. I guess, if it's all that is available, the cura could use lard...WD 40, maybe. I don't know…

Dennis thanks I need a little lube to slide me into the afterlife when my time comes.

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
There is more to unctuous................
It could be used to describe a well prepared braised pork belly!
But then I'm really into pork fat.:cool::lol::cool:

Thanks Ken now I am hungry for some bacon!

Have a beautiful day everyone!

David Elinvesti8 M.

[Edited on 11-14-2009 by ELINVESTI8]

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2009 at 11:53 AM

Isn't Thanksgiving in 2 more weeks??:P

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
KAT54
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2009 at 03:45 PM

Real estate
Drugs
Land disputes
Drugs
Guns
Drugs
Killings
Drugs
Beatings
Drugs
Is Mulege normal for Mexico?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2009 at 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KAT54

Is Mulege normal for Mexico?

Why would they be different?
BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 11-13-2009 at 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
Isn't Thanksgiving in 2 more weeks??:P

I'm already seeing Christmas shopping commercials!!!!

They're not even waiting until the Thanksgiving buying frenzy.

But any day alive to appreciate everything on this great green (or brown or blue) earth is a good day to be alive.

ps-pork fat rules!

[Edited on 11-14-2009 by BajaNuts]
arrowhead
Banned

[*] posted on 11-13-2009 at 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael
i can't seem to find my spanish dictionary just right now...wanna gimme the "short version"????

The Reader's digest version of Eddie's letter:

1. Eddie worked for Munoz for 5 years and got screwed by Munoz.
2. Munoz tried to get Eddie to hire somebody to kill Mark and Olivia.
3. Jim Hicks came back. He has venereal disease and is having carnal knowledge with animals.

No soy por ni contra apatía.
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 11-25-2009 at 01:04 AM

Well, now you know this Eddy who started to write under my name here and for who he works, Olivia Higuera Aguilar.
He has never worked for me, he was the sissy boy driver for the lady who rent the hotel from me and who is now living with a homosexual in Mulege.
Remember that I told here, that he was a harmless pot head, well it looks like he is not that harmless and he was working for Olivia from the start.
But, what we know about Eduardo Villa Arellano or Eddy? well he says that he is a relative of the Arellano Family in Tijuana the famous CAF, that he is a killer from Nayarit and that he killed somebody in Nayarit under the name Israel, because it looks like he have several names, the difficult part is to believe a pot head and an accepted drug addict, who has been a coward all his life, but the police will sort this out very soon because they are already looking in to those facts in Nayarit, so let’s wait for this to come out from official sources in a short time.
But, if he is a drug addict, he know very well who sell drugs in Mulege and he was working with the military a few months ago, showing them where those places were, he also was leaving with the PGR guys to show them places too and he was bragging about that then; when the Marines where at the hotel, he was leaving with them every day and some nights and obviously he knew of all their activities.
But, why now he came back to Olivia? Is he a whistle blower for the military and PGR? He certainly acted like that in April???
But why it looks like he is working for the Narcs again now????
Well, looks like not only him changed coats, the Marine Commander too, changed coats, now the Navy commander at Mulege is working for the narcs and protecting Olivia, so Eddy changed with them.
Then, Eddy is just one of the local military whistle blowers that change coats with them.
The only problem for him will be that, we have exposed the marine Commander activities to all the high level Federal authorities and he will be changed in a short time, if he is lucky to just be changed.
That commander, Maestre Simon Valencia, threatened our employees a few days ago and yesterday he raided the hotel, without a judicial order, he opened the rooms and entered their dogs without finding anything illegal of course and he will be federally prosecuted because of that.
One way or the other, he will be gone in a few days and what will happen then with the famous Eddy? because the new Marine commander will not be able to go to the dark side this time, since he will be under a very focused spot light; then Eddy will be left alone to the sharks, because he has worked for the military showing drug sales points and now is back being buddy with the narcs, but those guys do not forgive whistle blowers, so a low dark place under a rock will be nice place for him from now on.
That means that as soon as the new commander arrive in Mulege, the famous Eddy who’s real name is Israel, will have leave running from police, military and narcs.
About his accusations that I tried to hire him to kill Olivia, I deny that categorically and are laughable, because he is a big mouth drug addict, very well known by everybody as a pot head who was happy with being under a palm tree and an openly homosexual, know by everybody; would you hire a guy like that for killing Olivia? and if he now says that he is part of the Arellano family and that he killed somebody in Nayarit, then he is really a killer, then that is his business, killing people, then why as he say now, didn’t want to kill Olivia??? Well, there are only a few real facts about this guy, but most likely he is full of hot air:
He started to write here under my name until I caught him and forbid him to do that again.
He was born in Nayarit and his mother and father do not want to know anything about him, because as they said, he has been a drug addict all his life and had problems with the police in Nayarit.
He came from Nayarit in a hurry because the police was looking for him by his own words.
He was hiding in a drug rehabilitation center in Tijuana where Betty found him and hired him as his driver.
He has worked as a finger for the military and PGR showing them where the sales points were in Mulege as he himself bragged about in April.
He was caught with cocaine by the military and he declared himself a drug addict to go out, his photo is still at the military check point.
When he was caught, he told the soldiers he was working for the military.
Now he is working for Olivia Higuera Aguilar and supposedly whistle blowing NOW on us.
Then it is clear, he is a whistle blower for every person who give him drugs and who better than Olivia to do that.
Well, I will give a new update as soon as things start to happen in a few days, but you can expect an end to this soap opera soon, a very real soap opera where the real actors are showing for whom they were working now and very soon we will see who will land in jail.
An update on Narc Jerome Burbey, he was caught falsifying documents and is now under police investigation again.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2009 at 01:35 AM

Count Dracula Returns........!!!!

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2009 at 04:06 AM

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2009 at 06:20 AM

Elinvest,
Thank you for another inane (insane ?) post. :P
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2009 at 06:38 AM

I think that ramuna53 is really John Lovitt from Saturday Night Live. Remember his character the compulsive liar? That's the ticket, yeah.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-25-2009 at 06:40 AM

maybe eddy/isreal needs some of his own medicine.... a long sleep with the fishes?

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 11-25-2009 at 07:49 AM
Count Dracula Returns

I think that Count Dracula would be highly insulted at the comparison.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

Pages:  1  ..  62    64    66  ..  93

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.