[*] posted on 9-16-2009 at 05:30 PM
San Bruno

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
Quote:
Originally posted by Paladin
I'm not meaning to slight Mulege BUT can someone give an update on San Bruno

Thanks

Water and electricity is back up yesterday. Lots of damage in the community but everyone seems to be doing well. I spent quite a bit of time with friends on the phone yesterday and they indicated that everyone seems to be recovering nicely. The marina is knocked out again and is full of rocks, gravel, and sand so who knows when they will get that cleaned out. The tecate restaurant down south of the boat ramp was washed away.

Thank you, Pescador! btw... love your avatar!:tumble:
Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 9-16-2009 at 05:41 PM
Ferry

Quote:
Originally posted by Posada-BushPilot
Does anyone happen to know if the ferry is running from Guyamas to Santa Rosalia??

Thanks

We drove thru Santa Rosalia (unbelievable mess, but municipal folks were working overtime cleaning up)
last Friday 9-11 and the Ferry was in port loading up.

It looked like business as usual to us.
Posada-BushPilot
Nomad

Mood: Baja Brained

[*] posted on 9-16-2009 at 06:07 PM
Loretana

Tanks a million for the ferry info.

New report from Mulege: visit thread; "Mulege relief donations thru Rotary"
kp_martin
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2009 at 07:44 PM
Bomberos - Kill the mosquitos!!

If somebody can get word to the Bomberos, I just talked to Paul the bug guy and he's the expert. He said you need to get out there and spray at least every other night!! The hell with the dates on the jugs it will still work fine! Even if it has lost some potency it will work! Go for it! He will be there Saturday. We have to stop the Dengue Fever!

kevin

(also posted on BBP)

Sir Wilfred Grenfell said,

The service we render others� is the rent we pay for our room on earth. OR
-----
She was only a moonshiner\'s daughter but I loved her still!
JEP

[*] posted on 9-17-2009 at 07:34 AM

Is there any information about the valley just outside of Mulege where all the vegetables are grown and where Rays Place is located.
Thanks
Jer
EngineerMike
Nomad

Mood: piso mojado

[*] posted on 9-17-2009 at 01:44 PM

I don't recall report about Ray's Place.

Further up the valley BBP was doing medical evac's and food/supply drops as the roads were out and a lot of rancheros were stranded and their homes/facilities wrecked up. BBP has staged out of the Serenidad air strip for its close access to the valley and the amount of work they and Cruz Roja figured was needed there and because aircraft was the only viable access. I believe this is ongoing.

One older guy broke a leg up in the valley. Friends and/or family put him on a horse and was leading the horse out to get attention to the leg. BBP picked him up. Presumably it was a more comfortable ride from that point.

Director, Mulege Student Scholarship Program
Oasis Rio Baja #M-3, & Auburn, CA
Juanita
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2009 at 07:55 AM

Hello to you all. I want to thank you for your coverage of Hurricane Jimena, which I watched until the power and my backup power supply went out here in San Ignacio. By then the story was told. The information you gather is just splendid. Terry and Gary Marcer are well into the cleanup at Ignacio Springs. This storm cleaned arroyos not touched since 1959 and left a two foot carpet of mud on everything around the yurts, with a foot of mud within. Yet most of the yurts stood up. Many people have come to help them and sent help and the spirit is upbeat. They should have delicious meals emerging from the kitchen again soon.

Compared to the flood of Jimena, the flood in 1959 was greater by 1.2 meters in the San Lino neighborhood at the entrance to town. And the flood in 1911 was probably greater still. They named it 'La Gran Creciente', which indicates they had not seen anything like it for a couple of generations.

Our attention has turned to mosquitoes and dengue. The police sprayed the streets last night, and the schools are teaching the children to wash their hands all the way to the elbow. No cases of dengue have occurred yet here in San Ignacio.
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

thumbup.gif posted on 9-18-2009 at 09:13 AM

This is very good news, Juanita. And welcome to The BajaNomad! You are the kind of positive spirit we need on this forum. :yes:

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2009 at 10:20 AM

Quite a tribute to the yurts that they survived such a storm.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 9-18-2009 at 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
Quite a tribute to the yurts that they survived such a storm.

Yep-----it blows really hard on the Mongolian steppes.

Barry
Vince
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2009 at 12:05 PM

I made a run down to Serenedad in my Cessna 182 carrying supplies for Jimena relief Monday and returned Tuesday. Was given a tour of the area by Les and Patsi of Coyote Bay and got a first hand view of the serious destruction along the river and in town. Once again the locals demonstrated their resiliance and toughness in adverse conditions. The streets were recently graded and passable, shopowners were hard at work clearing out the mess. They were getting help, but doing most of it themselves, getting right on it. I had a hole punched thru the roof at our Coyote Bay casa by a palm tree. Very minor compared to most. Everyone working hard in town and @ Serenedad.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2009 at 12:08 PM

Vince---------Great to hear---------were you able to land at the Serinidad Airport??

Barry
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2009 at 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Vince---------Great to hear---------were you able to land at the Serinidad Airport??

Barry

----a really dumb question since you already said you made the trip down to the Serinidad---------how is the airstrip now?

Barry
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 9-18-2009 at 12:31 PM

I am so glad to hear that it will be business as usual at the San Ignacio Springs B&B:tumble:

Thank you for posting Juanita! I know lots of people heading south will be happy to be able to plan for an overnight there!!

Remember, when in Mexico, yes may be no and no may be
maybe!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 9-18-2009 at 01:44 PM

Barry - BBP reports strip soft in spots, 2100 ft usable, cones about for markings.

aircraft coming and going several days now. all using short/soft field techniques and no incidents.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2009 at 02:35 PM

Thanks Capt. Mike----------In a personal e-mail from "Vince" he echos what you say here, vintage last Tues. Can only get better as the days go by, I presume.

Sounds like Mulege is rising to the occasion, as usual.

Barry
sweetcaroline

[*] posted on 9-20-2009 at 06:32 PM

This is my first post. Please let whomever is in charge know that Bill and Caroline Hanni are on their way down to Mulege with a load of supplies, food, etc. We're hoping to leave approx. Sept. 29th and arrive in 3 days God willing. Tell Saul and the tienda we've got help for him also. Thank you.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 9-21-2009 at 12:49 PM

sweetcaroline, Have a safe trip Bill and Caroline Hanni. See Manuel at Don Chano's when you get down. Tell him Bobby wished him and his family luck. They're very good folks!!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 9-21-2009 at 01:17 PM

Note to Siri - can you post some of the pics you took of Loreto drops?
also requested on BBP by Diane.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
sweetcaroline

[*] posted on 9-21-2009 at 02:18 PM

Thanks for the info Cypress. We've been going to Mulege since 1985 and feel it's our second home. Will pass along your wishes.
 Pages:  1  ..  65    67  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.