Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  11
Author: Subject: The Villages of Loreto Bay
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2004 at 09:03 PM
Lera

Good Point. We need Him to come down South to really Discover Baja>

i put up 2 Dates for the Baja-sur Nomad Party Nov. 16th or Thanksgiving Weekend.

I will talk to Tucker Friday and see what he thinks about the Dates. If you like i would buy your Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner in La Paz. I will be at the Marina Hotel Thursday Night.

Skeet/Loreto

"In God I Trust"
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 8-29-2004 at 09:23 PM
Villages of Loreto Bay

Husband's work partner was in Loreto a couple of weeks ago and said the building has started??? Anyone around there to confirm? Phil S...?
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2004 at 04:20 AM
The First Building is being Constructed!

Where is the Water?????

Skeet
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2004 at 09:51 PM
First bldg.

I remember when the french bought Puerto Escondido from the Italians (or the other way around). They were putting in streets, curbs and lights and I was really depressed. My friend John told me not to worry as it would all end soon. He was right. One day everything was deserted. They never returned. Of course the Canadians have to put something up down there---they can't just keep on lying. Skeet is right---where is the fresh water going to come from. Where is the sewer treatment plant going to be. I can see it now---American Bastards and Canadians living side by side----Yuk. What a horrible existence, eh? They may even bring in fake snow at Christmas. They sure have done alot to help us in Iraq. Hold up Sharky boy, this is turning into a political post. No bueno. Lo Siento Amigos. It will never happen again (tonight).

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 8-31-2004 at 09:56 PM
where is the h2o

I heard they were getting water from the Magdaleina Plain,no more orange juice. and the sewer plant will be next to the BULLring...:lol:
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2004 at 05:20 PM

So....what's happening???
Didn't want to let this get too far away in case JR wins the "most viewed posts"!!:P:lol::lol:
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 10-29-2004 at 06:21 PM

After reading all that I just need to put my two cents in

Another Baja Project to destroy one more Beach

[Edited on 4-12-2005 by Bruce R Leech]

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

lol.gif posted on 10-30-2004 at 06:29 AM
so....what's wrong with a

moor beach? i theeenk it would be a great idea, especially for boaters - they can always use moorings, never enuff.:lol::lol:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2004 at 11:29 AM

In 1966 I worked briefly in La Paz for Alfredo Escobedo, a real estate entrepreneur, who had on his office wall a map of Puerto Escondido all neatly divided up into home sites. This place was a long way from anywhere via the bad old road, and I always wondered how Alfredo expected prospective buyers to get there. Now I know--a MOOR beach!

And you think Bruce should get a spell-check? Leave him be!

bajalera

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 10-30-2004 at 09:20 PM
Loreto Bay

Hi Marie Rose. To answer your question, the first casa is approaching the 70% done stage. It is located across from the entrance into the golf course. Many workers doing the ditching & installation of sewer & water & electric lines. I was disappointed that only one has been started, but they say that another 25 are about to get "going"!! Skeet. You are beginning to sound like an old phonograph I used to own that just kept repeating itself!!! Where the water???? Water is there. Has been for over 25 years. Comes from well, in the San Juan valley (MP 26) on the ranchero of Juan & Nena Drew. It supplies all of Loreto area, and I wouldn't be surprised if it also supplies Pto Escondido. (Skeet. You know I know your concerns, and I'm just jiving you).Which by the way, has NEW STUFF HAPPENING> The road you used to take to get to the sea wall looking straight into the harbor is now fenced off???? The marine gas station looks completed??? But not open for business. They started charging for the moorage in the marina, and so far 100% of the boats have or are going to be moving out. Alot are in the 'waiting room' or the launching area where the dingy dock is located. Costs would run from about $150.00 a month upwards to $500.00 depending upon the size of the boats. Not one Mexican official consulted with any of the boaters or the Sailing Club during all this. One boater says that he thinks they have just "shot themselves in their foot"!!!!! A five page rental agreement was offered for the moorages they placed in the harbor earlier this year. One of the agreements was that if the boater didn't continue to pay his rent, they could take possession of the boat & sell it for the fees.That sounded reasonable, but the rest of the agreement was kind of scary!!!
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 10-30-2004 at 09:32 PM
Condo's at Nopolo/Loreto Bay

For those who have been watching this thread, the condo's that have been in construction by a Mexican contractor from the mainland at Nopolo, now has Phase II in construction. They are about to pour the third floor (last floor) Of the 24 units when done (two buildings) there ar only four more units left to sell. Many buyers are those who flew down to see the Loreto Bay project, and bought condo's instead. Phase II prices doubled from Phase I A two bedroom 2 bath unit on middle floor selling for $249,000 I've met the owner, Caezar & his brother Jesus, and they are straight shooters from the 'get go'. They are now hoping to acquire more land to continue the building, once Phase II is completed. Good things are happening here!!!!! (I know. Depends upon whose 'point of view'!!!) Last offering in October of Loreto Bay lots with houses sold approx.l 25 units, for a total of $8,000,000.00 Those were spendy homes. Huh???? Marie Rose. You should have bought in Loreto area!!! We could play some golf together, then have a drink in the lounge at the golf center, then a swim in the outdoor pool, then dinner in the restaurant. Doesn't that sound exciting????!!!!!!! JR. I bet that comment prompts a response from you. Right????
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-30-2004 at 09:45 PM

Phil... it will be like pouring gasoline on a fire...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2004 at 08:02 AM
Ah what the hell

I think it's time for all those locals to learn the true family values and morals of a bunch of rico gringos anyway.
One thing for sure, those rich dirtbags buying these places have better and more drugs than what's available down here anyway.
Might be a pleasant change to see a bunch of zombies walking around in Loreto.
Viva Soma, Valium, and the short, unhealthy lives your money buys you!:lol:
It ain't gonna work! And I'm gonna love the outcome and whining later. Just like Punta Banda.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2004 at 10:35 AM
I must Move on with my Life! Its getting Shorter by the Day!!

PhilS. thanks for the newest Info on Loreto, I will depend on you for an update often.
Loreto will survive, Loreto Bay Villages will make Money{Ask around about the Reputation of the lady Selling Lots}.
Hope the Water Hold s out for all those People. Loreto is a Jewel, its people are Great.
I just sold my last Lot our North and will not be back for awhile, I am off to the The PanHandle of Texas to live the Rest of my Life in Clean Air and Drinking Clean Water, living with a lot of Texas Christains in a Town where they spend their money for Churches instead if Drugs and Boose!!

15 Deer in my Front Yard, near the Palo Duro Canyon State Park.
See you sometime Phil S.

Skeet/Loreto

"In God I Trust"
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2004 at 11:08 AM
XIT

Maybe I'll see you at the XIT Reunion - Rodeo - Barbeque next year (FREE barbeque for about 15,000 people), Skeet, This year it was great - first weekend in August - Dalhart Texas

Good luck to you and yours, skeet - keep posting.

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2004 at 02:07 PM

Phil
Thanks for the update! Hopefully just because we bought in Todos doesn't mean we won't be able to enjoy the fun at the Villages:lol:
I have no doubt that an investment made in Nopolo would probably be a money maker but we fell in love!! We love our Mexican neighborhood and look forward to spending many years making Casa Loma our special place. We are hoping that the large developments stay away from Todos...then when we want to be pampered...we'll go to them!!! (and hopefully meet there::yes:
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2004 at 09:35 AM

Where the water???? Water is there. Has been for over 25 years. Comes from well, in the San Juan valley (MP 26) on the ranchero of Juan & Nena Drew. It supplies all of Loreto area, and I wouldn't be surprised if it also supplies Pto Escondido."
The Loreto Bay project is touted as a "sustainable" community. Supposedly, the they will produce more water than they use. Supposedly FONATUR has a hand in building either a desalinization or reverse osmosis plant to provide the water for the "new town" of Loreto Bay. Those are the promises - that is the hype. IS THIS HAPPENING?
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2004 at 01:38 PM
bajalou

Thanks Lou!
The mare is heading for Texas Wed. with the 'Cowboys for Christ" Team,we will be in an settled in for the winter in about 2 weeks, have plans to spend sometime in Dalhart as my Uncle Bob Haggerton was a Boot Maker there, oh so many years ago, made me my first Pair if Stove Tops.
Going to miss Baja even more. Stay loose and Stay Happy. Skeet/Loreto
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2004 at 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil S
Where the water???? Water is there. Has been for over 25 years. Comes from well, in the San Juan valley (MP 26) on the ranchero of Juan & Nena Drew. It supplies all of Loreto area, and I wouldn't be surprised if it also supplies Pto Escondido.

Water is not an infinite resource...
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2004 at 09:58 AM
Water

Elisbeth!

Several years ago when the presidente Hotel Golf Course Was built there was notenought Water for the Village of Loreto thereby the people of Loreto Closed down the hwy and Forced the Gov. to Drill 9 new Wells in the Mountains above Loreto to the North.

The Gov. also bought all the Waters Rights from the Ranches except for 2. All the Water from San Juan is consumed. On one of the Ranches a Deeper Well is being planed to supply a Distilled Water Business. Better check again on Where and How Much Water is coming from San Juan.

Skeet/Loreto

Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.