Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  14
Author: Subject: 4TH ANNUAL PREZ DAY WEEKEND NOMAD RIDE
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 2-2-2009 at 11:02 PM

BAJACAT,
Marian made me swear off goats. Darn it!

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
El Camote
Senior Nomad

Mood: y Blues

[*] posted on 2-3-2009 at 10:52 AM

Most excellent to hear Neal and Marian are joining the group! :bounce:

Out of curiosity, is anyone bringing their youngins' or know of anyone coming who is? My copilot is the ripe old age of 5 and it would be great to have someone else his age making the trip.

Knowledge is good. - Emil Faber
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-3-2009 at 11:48 AM

The night before Matomi #2 (2004) at our campfire in Nuevo Mazatlan, Mexray had a TV/ VCR and battery power that allowed us all to watch El Camote's video of Matomi #1 (2001). 18 minutes of fun film with music and interviews and Neal Johns' slides of the canyons near Diablo where he and Marion went.

Perhaps if Baja Warrior has that abilty at his place, where you all will be the night before, it would be fun to see how this thing got started? If Camote isn't going to be at Warrior's until the next morning, I could loan Warrior a copy... Let me know Chuck.

Matomi 2001 members included: El Camote, Amo Pescar, jeans, elgatoloco, Westy, BajaBoy, Neal Johns, Mexray, Mike Humfreville, L.N. (Elena la Loca), Wild Bill... and my kids & I.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 2-3-2009 at 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by El Camote
Most excellent to hear Neal and Marian are joining the group! :bounce:

Out of curiosity, is anyone bringing their youngins' or know of anyone coming who is? My copilot is the ripe old age of 5 and it would be great to have someone else his age making the trip.

We are bringing my wife's son who is 12 but regardless kids of all ages will enjoy...

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2009 at 04:40 PM

Remember out last trip to Agua Caliente, El Camote. Probably won't get the wife as wet this year.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2009 at 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
The night before Matomi #2 (2004) at our campfire in Nuevo Mazatlan, Mexray had a TV/ VCR and battery power that allowed us all to watch El Camote's video of Matomi #1 (2001). 18 minutes of fun film with music and interviews and Neal Johns' slides of the canyons near Diablo where he and Marion went.

Perhaps if Baja Warrior has that abilty at his place, where you all will be the night before, it would be fun to see how this thing got started? If Camote isn't going to be at Warrior's until the next morning, I could loan Warrior a copy... Let me know Chuck.

Matomi 2001 members included: El Camote, Amo Pescar, jeans, elgatoloco, Westy, BajaBoy, Neal Johns, Mexray, Mike Humfreville, L.N. (Elena la Loca), Wild Bill... and my kids & I.

We have TV/DVD/VCR/SAT in both houses, sounds like a blast! Hey David, bum a ride south because BajaRob is looking for a co-pilot..

Plus, I noticed none of your maps don't reflect Quartz Mountain on the Huatamote, I have a copy of Bruce Barbers map of the San Felipe desert down at the beach house. All of the points of interest are noted on it. I meant to bring it home this past trip...

EDIT: For DavidK answering my question in other Map forum, thanks...

[Edited on 2-4-2009 by BajaWarrior]

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2009 at 06:05 PM

Here is the reply to Baja Warrior from the other thread:

Okay Chuck, as I suspected... it is in Bruce's book on page 211! The answer is no, I have not been on either Chanate or Huatamote arroyos as they were not 'roads' back in the days I did my extensive mapping 30 years ago.

Bruce calls Caņada el Parral (Azufre Wash): 'Crazy Horse' Canyon in his book because of the twists and turns in it.. Great book of information on the San Felipe area canyons and geology sites... it is just hard to follow with the way it was edited. I still recommend any San Felipe area off roader/ explorer get it for the details.

===========================================================

Chuck, check your u2u about the Matomi Movie

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2009 at 08:02 PM

David, got the U2U and replied, thankyou. Are you going to Grahams Power Point Presentation in El Cajon Wednesday? We're gonna try to make it, but should be there, please drop off the vid. as pre-arranged, by now you know we are close to I-5 and Sea World Dr. and just below Discover Baja Headquarters.

To all involved on the Trail Ride:

I'm doing a 3 day solo trip this weekend, a recon mission you might say, covert of course, well except for this broadcast.

I will be leaving on Friday and returning on Monday evening so I will be out of touch for the weekend.

El Camote
Senior Nomad

Mood: y Blues

[*] posted on 2-3-2009 at 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalou
Remember out last trip to Agua Caliente, El Camote. Probably won't get the wife as wet this year.

Yeah, Lou. In fact, I took the coordinates from my etrex from that trip and put them in Google Earth today. Looks pretty dry this year. Teina should be happy. :tumble:

Knowledge is good. - Emil Faber
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2009 at 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaWarrior
David, got the U2U and replied, thankyou. Are you going to Grahams Power Point Presentation in El Cajon Wednesday? We're gonna try to make it, but should be there, please drop off the vid. as pre-arranged, by now you know we are close to I-5 and Sea World Dr. and just below Discover Baja Headquarters.

No, I have enjoyed it many times already and need to go downtown San Diego tomorrow mid-day (an appointment and an irrigation check up/estimate... back home to Oceanside before traffic time).

I will bring the Matomi Movie where you u2u'd me to... Have fun watching all of us back in 2001... El Camote did a fantastic job! Anybody needing a professional video done for your business... contact El Camote!

BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2009 at 07:49 PM

Bump, because I'm leaving tomorrow for my Beach House..

Keep it alive guys, lets hear from who's going...

See ya on Monday night with a full report of how beautiful the desert and sea are...

BW

BajaRob
Senior Nomad

Mood: Life is good

[*] posted on 2-7-2009 at 08:49 AM
Pre-Run

today. Chuck ( Baja Warrior ) will be here shortly and we will survey the route this morning. Hell of a time to be on a diet. I filled my desert cooler with bottled water instead of XXs.
Gadget
Senior Nomad

Mood: Blessed with another day

[*] posted on 2-8-2009 at 08:42 PM

Well folks, it looks like the weather (huh?) here in SoCal has gotten the best of our plans.
My construction site in Rancho Sante Fe is still in the grading process with 4 large retaining walls built last week to move towards completion of grading.
We were only able to get them partially water proofed before the rain hit on Friday, which means we were not able to backfill them.
A site check on Saturday morning found a huge mud bog with mud and standing water washed down along most of the incomplete retaining walls.
This all equals days lost cleaning things up that will have to be made up when we can.
I have to commit my Presidents day weekend and Monday off to the make up period, weather (huh?) permitting.
BajaLeti and I will be a no show for Matomi :(
I'll look forward to the report from you all.

[Edited on 2-9-2009 by Gadget]

"Mankind will not be judged by their faults, but by the direction of their lives." Leo Giovinetti

See you in Baja
http://www.LocosMocos.com
Gadget
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 2-8-2009 at 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalou

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hot springs have that effect on women.

BajaRob
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2009 at 06:54 AM
The route

is is set and will provide something for everyone including:
some mildly challenging 4 wheeling
Quartz Mountain
hill climb
drive-by of remote narco rehab center
hike along river and possible falls at El Cajon
beautiful mountain views of Parque San Pedro Matir
Carne asada tacos and the best frijoles charros in Baja
Chuck will be back today and he will provide more details.
Almost time to let the good times roll.
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2009 at 07:08 AM
the guest list

needs to be updated. Will all that plan to attend please advise?
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2009 at 08:25 AM
Are you in?

Jose, Lou, Suzanne, John M, Comadante, Surfer Jim, XRPlang, El Comote, Motosoto, Bajasol, Cyanide41, Neal, Melanie. We need an approximate body count.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2009 at 08:29 AM

I'm in Rob. I don't know how many from EDR will join me. I'm still in New Mexico but plan on being in San Felipe for the run.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2009 at 08:34 AM

El Cajon Canyon is beautiful... it's all walking, but once inside the canyon along the creek, you would never guess you are in the Baja desert!

Some faint petroglyphs/ pictographs are under a big boulder you walk past as you enter the canyon and up on the cliff, north side at the entrance to the canyon. http://vivabaja.com/404

Burro Bob lives at the entrance to El Cajon Canyon (or did in 2004)... Anyone hear from him lately?

[Edited on 2-9-2009 by David K]

BajaRob
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2009 at 08:35 AM
Great Lou

Chuck and I stopped by your place Saturday on the way out of Valle Chico. I had forgotten that you were in NM. Look forward to seeing you and your troops.
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  14

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.