Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  12
Author: Subject: SEE UPDATE: Stolen Boat & Trailer
fishabductor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl
I have been following this since it first started,, the one thing that I dont understand so far is.

why has there not been a reward offered for the boat, either for the return or location where it might be, I would have thought that would be one of the first things to be done

If it were my boat..there would be a reward on it, a reward of at least 1/2 the replacement cost for all the equipment involved. the reward would have been offered immediately upon my finding the boat missing. you need to grease the wheels of the machine...in Mexico $$$$ is the grease. The more grease you apply the faster the results should be. Cops in baja don't make jack.... so a large reward gets everyone's attention.

How much does that little boat draft? It would make an ideal flats boat, which is what carolina skiffs are designed for. I think it would be hard to sell as a complete unit on the SOC or pacific. But it would make an ideal mag bay boat.
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishabductor
Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl
I have been following this since it first started,, the one thing that I dont understand so far is.

why has there not been a reward offered for the boat, either for the return or location where it might be, I would have thought that would be one of the first things to be done

If it were my boat..there would be a reward on it, a reward of at least 1/2 the replacement cost for all the equipment involved. the reward would have been offered immediately upon my finding the boat missing. you need to grease the wheels of the machine...in Mexico $$$$ is the grease. The more grease you apply the faster the results should be. Cops in baja don't make jack.... so a large reward gets everyone's attention.

How much does that little boat draft? It would make an ideal flats boat, which is what carolina skiffs are designed for. I think it would be hard to sell as a complete unit on the SOC or pacific. But it would make an ideal mag bay boat.

YUP
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 06:49 PM

How Many police agencies in Rosario that "he could have made a police report"???
Municipal. Federale, Military??????

[Edited on 3-27-2011 by Phil S]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 06:53 PM

This is morphing from unfortunate to ridiculous. Call the insurance company.
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 07:55 PM

Dennis. What insurance company????? Did I miss something in prior posts?????
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil S
Dennis. What insurance company????? Did I miss something in prior posts?????

I thought I had read above, somewhere [maybe a blog I was reading], that this rig was insured, Phil. Am I wrong?
Lemme go back and look again.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 08:13 PM

"We have the insurance agent's name and have talked to her about her conversation with JIM CONNOLLY and his personal decision not to insure our boat and trailer for transport."
-------------------

Unfortunatly, I stand corrected.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by latina
Just a recap of the facts and evidence:

still are jut the anonymous rants of a someone alleging criminal activity, but hiding behind alias.

i look forward to jim connolly telling his side of the story -- if there even is a story -- hope that happens here.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 10:08 PM

Quote:
We have made the on-line denuncia and we did not do it anonymously, even though we could have.

is this a govt filing or what you posted here? if govt, where does one do this online? and can you really do it anonymously?
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 11:10 PM

It's easy to prosecute a crime if you have title, purchase receipt, evidence of theft, witnesses to the facts of a crime, etc... a criminal and civil case could be initiated and completed toward resolution.

If the victims have any questions about how to report the crime or pursue it, please ask.
jenny.navarrette
Banned

[*] posted on 3-26-2011 at 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
still are jut the anonymous rants of a someone alleging criminal activity, but hiding behind alias.

i look forward to jim connolly telling his side of the story -- if there even is a story -- hope that happens here.

Seņor Goat: If you were not so lazy, you would just Google "connollycorp" and read the post where the person who contracted for a boat haul immediately after latina posted that Jim Connolly ran off with his deposit.

By the way, not that it matters, but "La Tina" means "The Tub" in Spanish.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2011 at 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jenny.navarrette
By the way, not that it matters, but "La Tina" means "The Tub" in Spanish.

:lol::lol: Are you sure you wanted to say that? She may never hear the end of it. :lol::lol:

[Edited on 3-27-2011 by DENNIS]
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2011 at 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

But, isn't a seperate policy available for theft if the boat isn't connected or in the water? Sounds like that's what you have with Progressive. Interesting that that will work in Mexico. Do you need to submit a police report when you get back to the states, or is there more needed to prove it was stolen?

David, I did a lot of research on finding an insurere who would insure a boat for theft in Mexico and none of the Mexican companies would cover it except for when it was being towed. I think that may be because of the high incidence of thefts in Mexico, but I can not actually verify that. The only two companies that actually would cover the boat were Progressive and Lloyds of London (who were way out of line on the price). I suspect that a lot of people have the theft coverage on their boat but fail to realize that their boat is not covered except for when they are towing it.

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2011 at 08:16 AM

When Bill Erhardt's trailer got stolen and in response to this theft, I need to repeat that there is a large difference in Mexico of who you report crimes to. If you report to the Municipal Police the chances of any meaningful investigation or theft recovery is severly limited. They do a pretty good job of writing tickets and doing small stuff around town. If you have a theft, you need to file a report with Policia Minesterial who are a Federal Police. They have far reaching powers and get much more quickly to the bottom of things with their investigations and can make contacts with the Municipal police if necessary.
We had a series of breakins that were mismanaged by the local guys but when the report was made to the Minesterial, things happened very quick and the perps ended up immediately in jail. Even the Minesterial guys were frustrated by how the Municpal guys handled things. If you ask a local about how strong the Minesterial guys are, they just kinda shake and say they do not want to ever be interrogated by them as they are kinda strong in their "tactics".

fishabductor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2011 at 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
When Bill Erhardt's trailer got stolen and in response to this theft, I need to repeat that there is a large difference in Mexico of who you report crimes to. If you report to the Municipal Police the chances of any meaningful investigation or theft recovery is severly limited. They do a pretty good job of writing tickets and doing small stuff around town. If you have a theft, you need to file a report with Policia Minesterial who are a Federal Police. They have far reaching powers and get much more quickly to the bottom of things with their investigations and can make contacts with the Municipal police if necessary.
We had a series of breakins that were mismanaged by the local guys but when the report was made to the Minesterial, things happened very quick and the perps ended up immediately in jail. Even the Minesterial guys were frustrated by how the Municpal guys handled things. If you ask a local about how strong the Minesterial guys are, they just kinda shake and say they do not want to ever be interrogated by them as they are kinda strong in their "tactics".

thanks for that tip, when we got robbed I reported it to the municipal guys...nothing happened. next time I am going to the feds
baronvonbob
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 09:40 AM

Any news on what the outcome is?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by baronvonbob
Any news on what the outcome is?

If you have a can of beer in your hand, you're probably looking at his trailer.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 10:26 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Just so you know, latina is a neighboor of mine, and a very respected and decent member of our community. In this particular case, your doubts about her are completely wrong.

Your barking at the wrong tree.

baronvonbob
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 10:43 AM

Quote:
Just so you know, latina is a neighboor of mine, and a very respected and decent member of our community. In this particular case, your doubts about her are completely wrong.

Well I am still curious about the outcome? There is an advertisement by the same fellow on craigslist in Orange County advertising to transport boats!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Quote:
Quote:

your information is hearsay, not admissable. the allegations are still anonymous, so not worth squat.
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  12

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.