Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  10
Author: Subject: Traveling with a badge
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2013 at 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
Dear Birdbrain.... that loves to troll McFez

Sorry in advance that my grammar sucks....my spelling is horrific....I know that has been an issue with you in the past. :P

You need to really refrain from calling me names. We ALL here dont want it to get
messy here as it is in the Off Topics.

[blah blah blah]

Please don't troll me....................

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
McStrange, Nevada had no limit on highway travel for several years when I was a youngster there. The limit was: condition of the vehicle, condition of the driver, condition of the road and the weather. I drove from Las Vegas to Reno (486 miles ) and back twice at just over 6 hours --- 120 mph except for the 9 little towns on the highway (and some burros). And so did every other driver. You can check out the accidents/deaths online somewhere if you like but really what's your point? This time? What speed would you have chosen for me and the others? When I retired from Las Vegas to Baja my job in Las Vegas was safety officer for 6 cab companies. I'm 76 years old and have never had an automobile accident. Now try to pile on that.

[Edited on 7-25-2013 by Osprey]

You asked Osprey to refrain from calling you names, then you call him names in every paragraph to the end of your diatribe?

So far, it's Osprey 1, Fez 0. You're outa line here Fez. Leave while you still have some people who like you.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 7-25-2013 at 03:33 PM
NOW, I AIN'T BADGE-ERIN NOBODY

But, This Is How I Drive On Mex 1

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2013 at 03:44 PM

Coach Lee doing the score of today's game. Interesting that you decided to jump right on in about the remarks......and I agree with you Coach Lee........negatives are negative here at the BN.

Just wondering though........where were you with the scouring words towards Osprey when he called me McStrange? Oh oh oh ! Sounds sorta like you are just protecting the old man since his seems to be Royalty here at the BN. Are you collecting points here?

Just tell him not to be nasty towards others if he cannot take it thrown back at him. Same goes for you. Now...can we be civil?

So far, it's Osprey 1, Fez 1, Lee 0. You're outa line here Lee. Leave while you still have some people who like you.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
Dear Birdbrain.... that loves to troll McFez

Sorry in advance that my grammar sucks....my spelling is horrific....I know that has been an issue with you in the past. :P

You need to really refrain from calling me names. We ALL here dont want it to get
messy here as it is in the Off Topics.

[blah blah blah]

Please don't troll me....................

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
McStrange, Nevada had no limit on highway travel for several years when I was a youngster there. The limit was: condition of the vehicle, condition of the driver, condition of the road and the weather. I drove from Las Vegas to Reno (486 miles ) and back twice at just over 6 hours --- 120 mph except for the 9 little towns on the highway (and some burros). And so did every other driver. You can check out the accidents/deaths online somewhere if you like but really what's your point? This time? What speed would you have chosen for me and the others? When I retired from Las Vegas to Baja my job in Las Vegas was safety officer for 6 cab companies. I'm 76 years old and have never had an automobile accident. Now try to pile on that.

[Edited on 7-25-2013 by Osprey]

You asked Osprey to refrain from calling you names, then you call him names in every paragraph to the end of your diatribe?

So far, it's Osprey 1, Fez 0. You're outa line here Fez. Leave while you still have some people who like you.

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 7-25-2013 at 03:47 PM

Osprey going to OXXO :biggrin::biggrin:

something about the ice not melting

Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2013 at 04:56 PM

Dang!

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2013 at 05:48 PM

I vote we go back a couple pages and have another look at kate middleton from a different angle! thanks bajaahh!:bounce:

BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2013 at 05:51 PM

I second that!!:lol:

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
I vote we go back a couple pages and have another look at kate middleton from a different angle! thanks bajaahh!:bounce:

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-25-2013 at 05:55 PM

Give it up or go off topic...getting(is) petty and boring....

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 7-25-2013 at 06:22 PM

"Bored" with THAT picture???? I don't think so. Nothing boring about THOSE legs!!!!
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2013 at 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
"Bored" with THAT picture???? I don't think so. Nothing boring about THOSE legs!!!!
rank has its privileges! :yes:
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 11:12 AM

Doesn't anybody else wonder why the OP quit chiming in quite along time ago and the few that tried to defend it with either drunk or delusional responses gave it up also?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubba
Doesn't anybody else wonder why the OP quit chiming in quite along time ago and the few that tried to defend it with either drunk or delusional responses gave it up also?

Nothing is forever, Bubba.......especially here on Nomad. We all live to fight another day. :light:
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 11:42 AM

Copy that. Just wanted to give the disillusioned one more opportunity to redeem themselves. :bounce:
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 11:57 AM

Would anybody get a ticket for going 85 in an 80mph in west Texas? That's about as wide open free range as it gets out there, 'specially round Pecos (that's Pecas if you pronounce it like the locals).
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Nothing is forever, Bubba.......especially here on Nomad. We all live to fight another day. :light:

Reading the heavy moral/ethical judgments here(I pay your taxes, flashing a badge is corrupt) get's as boring as the attitudes about mordida. The initial question about speeding in Texas seemed legitimate but it just gave a podium to the idiotic and nonsensical out there who think their responses about how they're on the high ground, and others are not, becomes pointless. Comical too.

Most on this thread are delusional and have no idea what a badge represents.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee

I was under the impression that a badge represented a responsibility to enforce and uphold the law, not an exemption from obeying it. Silly me.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:
Quote:

Reading the heavy moral/ethical judgments here(I pay your taxes, flashing a badge is corrupt) get's as boring as the attitudes about mordida. The initial question about speeding in Texas seemed legitimate but it just gave a podium to the idiotic and nonsensical out there who think their responses about how they're on the high ground, and others are not, becomes pointless. Comical too.

And you're one of the delusional according to your previous responses. Take the time to read through the entire thread, see who responded to what and how it was responded to before you give your opinion. You seem to have a bad habit of jumping in the middle of something and giving your advice when you have no idea what was being discussed. Do you simply read the OP's original topic and then just spout off at the end?

PS. I was the first to use the term "delusional" in this thread but you certainly used it. Do you even know where and why I used it?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 12:40 PM

Quote:

I guess "another day" has arrived. :lol:
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 12:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:
Quote:

And you're one of the delusional according to your previous responses. Take the time to read through the entire thread, see who responded to what and how it was responded to before you give your opinion. You seem to have a bad habit of jumping in the middle of something and giving your advice when you have no idea what was being discussed. Do you simply read the OP's original topic and then just spout off at the end?

PS. I was the first to use the term "delusional" in this thread but you certainly used it. Do you even know where and why I used it?

Fill me in. I'm too lazy to go back and reread most of the delusional posts I've already read. Mostly by those without badges.

Seriously, where and why was the word delusional used?

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

F*ck it.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee

I was under the impression that a badge represented a responsibility to enforce and uphold the law, not an exemption from obeying it. Silly me.

We're not in disagreement here, at least from my perspective.

I would define ''responsibility to enforce and uphold the law'' as defined by the badge holder, not a civilian.

''Exemption from obeying'' the law is also defined by the badge holder.

There's a problem, for some, that breaking any law (especially speeding) and getting away with it because of a badge is corrupt.

Guess I'm thinking there's the letter of the law, and the spirit of the law. Sometimes they're different. Guess nobody here speeds.

All this nonsense smacks of moral preaching.

F*ck it.
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  10

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.