Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7
Author: Subject: Desert Rat
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-26-2014 at 10:39 AM

Thank you Desert Rat!

Few here (as always) wanted to make this story go far more than it really was or to lay blame on someone before the facts are in. Few of you need to get a grip and stop being Dick Tracy without a clue.

Desert Rat...........next time you go wondering around......park in my place. In fact...use the house too.

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-26-2014 at 10:46 AM

Let suppose that is how YOU read it.......and there is no assumption that the car was in my driveway....................................he was still late. Now Abril and that third party are Mexican and as I know for a fact....language gets screwed up. The note does not say if the car was there or not...it said that the car was under somebody's supervision. Like I said....pending how you know the folks, the situation, the email exchange between Rat and Me.....the car was in the driveway.

Now...are you done here....or do you wish to keep play Dick Tracy without a clue?

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Deno, sometimes when in a hurry we mis-read things.

read again. The email never says where the car was.

"A guy came by this morning looking for me, he Said that Deno´s Friend went Hiking the Cañon del Diablo and left his Car under this guy´s supervision, and He told him that if after ten days he doesn´t show up, he needed to come to look for me and I must tell Deno About it, so I really do not know what to do, yesterday was the ten days. Did he tell you something about this?"

[Edited on 5-26-2014 by mcfez]

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-26-2014 at 10:50 AM

.....relax MrFez!....you really did the best you could!

...certainly if it were me,,I'd have appreciated that you rang the alarm.

...you did the right thing in soo many ways!!!:smug:
bacquito
Super Nomad

Mood: jubilado

[*] posted on 5-26-2014 at 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by rts551

But hey whose car is at Deno's? the mystery continues.

Maybe it's Gary Patton's. :o

:biggrin:

bacquito
bacquito
Super Nomad

Mood: jubilado

[*] posted on 5-26-2014 at 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
..there's probably a lesson to be learnt from all this:yes:;):(

Travel with someone, let people know of your plans and be equiped with maps, gps, compass, spot device and lotsa water

bacquito
JZ
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-26-2014 at 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez

Few here (as always) wanted to make this story go far more than it really was or to lay blame on someone before the facts are in. Few of you need to get a grip and stop being Dick Tracy without a clue.

Calm down bud. We were just trying to understand what was going on. It was confusing. Don't overreact.
Graham
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2014 at 09:12 AM

I just returned to San Diego from my trip to the San Pedro Martir and I'm still walking on air that all's well and Ron is safely back with his family.

Took a few hikes thinking about what Ron had endured alone in that rugged mountain wilderness. One was to the viewpoint of Mirador el Altar...

As I gazed at the desert far below and looked at the incredible canyons and cliffs leading to the Martir I was in awe...

Ten days solo in your seventies attempting Picacho and struggling for days across the trackless areas of the plateau... nothing can take that achievement away from you Desert Rat.

So looking forward to hearing the story.

I was so wrong to be so sure that something awful had happened to you after we met.

And I've never been so happy to be wrong in my life.

A few pics of the terrain... and those boots hanging on the road sign.

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 5-29-2014 at 09:45 AM

I saw that approx. view from Botella Azul back when I was 16 and thought to myself, "NO WAY" would I ever try and climb Picacho from there--------I was absolutely blown away at what I saw. I climbed Mt. Whitney that same year, and it was a piece of cake compared to Picacho.

My hat is off to ANYBODY that conquered Picacho, but to take that hike that Ron did in his '70's is just incredible!!! (SuperHumanRon)

Barry
Pappy Jon
Nomad

Mood: Temp rising.

[*] posted on 6-1-2014 at 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Ron, please invest in one of these before your next adventure: http://www.inreachdelorme.com/

It is a DeLorme In Reach device (better than a Spot device) and worked so well getting help to Pappy Jon in Arroyo Matomi recently. Myself or any others you choose will get your location and any message emailed to us while you are in the boonies.

First, love my inReach. Period. I will never, ever, venture into Baja without it.

Second. I want to be like Ron when I grow up. You rock!

"The association of flowers and warm-blooded love is more than a romantic convention; it is based upon one of the great advances in the evolution of life." Ed Abbey
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.