BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  75    77    79  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 08:19 AM

Dennis got his daily rise out of everyone and is now out attending to his daily chores. Don't take his comments too seriously.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
..........just that if Gary's mentation was to the point that he could take care of his personal care, he would have most likely called his family.

....mannnn,,,,gotta agree with Dennis---there's so many times I wonder if I missed the announcement that there's a prize for the right guess!

.....''"frustrated sleuth" parlor game competition'' indeed!

[Edited on 4-12-2014 by micah202]
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 08:39 AM

You can all make fun of the responses here but how many of you spent considerable time on true crime documentaries or books? Over the years I have read hundreds and the answers don't come many times from the experts they are by people or investigators going over and over the same thing for days, and even years until one seemingly insignificant fact stares them in the face and leads them to the answer. I encourage any and all of you to put your two cents in and don't feel you are stupid doing this. I also don't think anyone should make fun of anyone's ideas either.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 08:42 AM

Dennis has sunk to the level of his own underwear.....

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 08:42 AM

Quote:
...........I also don't think anyone should make fun of anyone's ideas either.

...maybe if you get beyond asserting your guesses as if they are facts!!

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 08:45 AM

Sorry if you have misinterpreted my guesses as being facts, the missing person's case would have already been solved.
Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
Quote:
...........I also don't think anyone should make fun of anyone's ideas either.

...maybe if you get beyond asserting your guesses as if they are facts!!

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 08:48 AM

..if only someone actually -listened- to you!!!:(
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 08:53 AM

Quote:
You can all make fun of the responses here but how many of you spent considerable time on true crime documentaries or books? Over the years I have read hundreds and the answers don't come many times from the experts they are by people or investigators going over and over the same thing for days, and even years until one seemingly insignificant fact stares them in the face and leads them to the answer. I encourage any and all of you to put your two cents in and don't feel you are stupid doing this. I also don't think anyone should make fun of anyone's ideas either.

I admit it. I'm sofa-king stew-ped :lol:

Bob Durrell
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 09:00 AM

Say what you will. But the freshness of clothing is a good indicator of how long the journey had been. If you can't get past the underwear thing than move on to other articles of clothing.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:

I admit it. I'm sofa-king stew-ped :lol:

...yeh,,I was going t'let that one slide!!

[Edited on 4-12-2014 by micah202]
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
GOOOD MORNING BAJA CALIFORNIA
-----------------------------------------------------

Nice to see you folks are still micro-managing an investigation which will only take place in your heads.
Hey.........is anyone going to bring up the use of Cadaver Dogs, or are we still too busy checking skid marks on underwear?

On the bright side, this thread is just about guaranteed to finally displace "Turtle bust" as the most replied to thread ever. It's #3 right now and should overtake Playa Buenaventura by next week as #2. :lol:
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 09:09 AM

Have a great day to all of you. God Bless Gary's family and all of you. Life is short. Enjoy, love, laugh and embrace every last second on this precious Earth.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 09:19 AM

Quote:

On the contrary, this online detective work is mental masturbation! Nothing will be solved until someone goes to the site and investigates, talks to to local people, and searches around in the scrub to find the body. much theorizing, but no data collection! For example, someone needs to go inspect his panties and count skid marks, rather than theorizing about number of skid marks when you don't even have the most basic knowledge of whether he wore boxers or tightly whities or went commando!

Lots of retirees here, this seems like a good excuse for them to get out in the desert, drive their atv toys and exercise their gray matter!
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 09:31 AM

Its all good Goat. The underwear thing is a stretch but anything is welcome. I just got off the phone with the family and they are now making arrangements to obtain the 4 Runner and conduct a search when they are there. I have to coordinate with the rancher for him to be there at the same time. They read every post and know that the beach has to be covered and more flyers need to be posted in and around and all over Catavina and the beach camps.

As soon as I know exactly when they are going down I will post it.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 09:32 AM

Wow, this is really declining. I'm outta here.
Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Say what you will. But the freshness of clothing is a good indicator of how long the journey had been. If you can't get past the underwear thing than move on to other articles of clothing.

I agree. Not so much on the underwear, as I and most[male] beach campers do, live in our swim trunks sans undies for the entire trip; but on other articles of clothing like t-shirts. I personally change my shirts once a day, and bring enough for the length of the planned trip, plus a couple extras. The clean ones are neatly folded in the suit case the dirty ones shoved into a plastic trash bag for the trip home. This could very well be a way to track the number of days he was actually camping. Of course, he could have washed his clothes in the ocean, but they will have some salt residue on them.

It's not necessary fool proof for tracking days out, as one of the guys I go camping with will often wear the same shirt (even when covered in fish blood, food, and who knows what) for days and days; but that's him.

Truth generally lies in the coordination of antagonistic opinions
-Herbert Spencer
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
GOOOD MORNING BAJA CALIFORNIA
-----------------------------------------------------

Nice to see you folks are still micro-managing an investigation which will only take place in your heads.

This is rich! I'm retired in Mexico so I have free time. Dennis by September 27th. you had already posted 27 times to this thread when you told us that you had promised to not post anymore useless information here. After that you only posted one hundred and twenty-nine more times!

On March 29th. you posted: "Why all the useless speculation?" however, you seem to have answered your own question six days earlier when you said:

"Total nonsense. This board is designed for discussion and nothing that is allowed through the gates is sacrosanct or immune from speculation and comparison.
If low key is what people want,...perhaps there shouldn't be so many objections to others' ideas."

After 156 posts to this thread, it seems to me that the more you talk, the more you contradict yourself. Just speculating.

(I have to say that all the speculation has caused me to re-think the possible subjective dangers of my going into an unknown desert searching for a possible narco body dump.)

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Taco de Baja
Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe

I agree. Not so much on the underwear, as I and most[male] beach campers do, live in our swim trunks sans undies for the entire trip; but on other articles of clothing like t-shirts. I personally change my shirts once a day, and bring enough for the length of the planned trip, plus a couple extras. The clean ones are neatly folded in the suit case the dirty ones shoved into a plastic trash bag for the trip home. This could very well be a way to track the number of days he was actually camping. Of course, he could have washed his clothes in the ocean, but they will have some salt residue on them.

It's not necessary fool proof for tracking days out, as one of the guys I go camping with will often wear the same shirt (even when covered in fish blood, food, and who knows what) for days and days; but that's him.

Huddo!
Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
Its all good Goat. The underwear thing is a stretch but anything is welcome. I just got off the phone with the family and they are now making arrangements to obtain the 4 Runner and conduct a search when they are there. I have to coordinate with the rancher for him to be there at the same time. They read every post and know that the beach has to be covered and more flyers need to be posted in and around and all over Catavina and the beach camps.

As soon as I know exactly when they are going down I will post it.

Fliers should also be posted at what is known as the "Salón". This is used as a community meeting place for the entire area. If the community meets here on Sundays for church, or even a couple days a month for other reasons, it may be a good way to contact some of the people who rarely go to "town".

DavidK kindly plotted the location for the Salón, it’s not far from the road to Canoas off the Faro San Jose Road, so they are in the general area. They can’t miss it; it’s the only cement block building out there. Don’t pull into the parking area, park on the road and walk; we have gotten flats in the past from all the nails and glass, at least that’s what we blamed the flats on. GPS coordinates for the Salón are: 29.468506, -114.883711
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
GE high to low:

Truth generally lies in the coordination of antagonistic opinions
-Herbert Spencer
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 10:26 AM

The man took medication to regulate his blood pressure. When they are able to check the car for personal belongings and if there are any meds left, then likely he died closer to September than March. Family can check medication refill dates and amounts so it can be figured approximately how long before meds ran out.

Nena

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
 Pages:  1  ..  75    77    79  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.