Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  76    78    80  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 11:01 AM

NOTE TO THE FAMILY: Be prepared to be inconvenienced in the matter of getting possession of the 4runner, regardless of what you are told ahead of time. If you are not familiar with Mexican bureaucracy you need to consider ahead of time what you may be asked to provide. There will be a lot of paperwork and you could conceivably spend a good part of the day just getting the truck.

Even though the truck belongs to Gary and he is a missing person, you still may be asked for the original title and registration for the vehicle. Hopefully they will be in the glove box if you don't have access to them.

Take photocopies of your driver's license if you are the one that will be driving the vehicle. They may not have a photocopier in the police station, but they will undoubtedly want a copy of your license.

Take copies of your passport. 3 copies of everything seems to be the magic number.

If you know spanish or have a spanish speaking friend, consider taking a letter of introduction, stating your relationship to Gary and what you are there to do.

Unfortunately I have had lots of experience inside the vortex of a Mexican police station and even as the innocent victim I was flabbergasted at the mountain of paperwork and time demanded of me...

Hope this helps.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 11:02 AM

Yes I would get the title switched over to the family's name in California if possible before coming down.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Say what you will. But the freshness of clothing is a good indicator of how long the journey had been. If you can't get past the underwear thing than move on to other articles of clothing.

It's meaningless, Igor, if you don't know his hygiene habits. Do you know how often he changed his shorts? Does his family know?

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo

This is rich! I'm retired in Mexico so I have free time. Dennis by September 27th. you had already posted 27 times to this thread when you told us that you had promised to not post anymore useless information here. After that you only posted one hundred and twenty-nine more times!

On March 29th. you posted: "Why all the useless speculation?" however, you seem to have answered your own question six days earlier when you said:

"Total nonsense. This board is designed for discussion and nothing that is allowed through the gates is sacrosanct or immune from speculation and comparison.
If low key is what people want,...perhaps there shouldn't be so many objections to others' ideas."

After 156 posts to this thread, it seems to me that the more you talk, the more you contradict yourself. Just speculating.

(I have to say that all the speculation has caused me to re-think the possible subjective dangers of my going into an unknown desert searching for a possible narco body dump.)

Well, Perry...if you spent as much time analyzing the victim's habits as you do mine, this case would surely be solved.

Why would Gary be in a narco body dump? Was he part of a cartel? I must have missed that part.
Like I mentioned a little while ago....this recovery could use the services of a Cadaver Dog.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 11:58 AM

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 12:02 PM

You don't need to change the title. The family has been in touch with the SQ Ministerio and know what to bring down. Your right about all of the copies Latina. If Garys son comes down for the truck, he will need three copies of his birth certificate, and an original, showing that Gary is his father. Also it would be a good idea to also bring down Garys birth certificate, original, the title, original, and three copies of that. It wouldn't be a bad idea to bring down your marriage certificate Kim, original and three copies.

Im sure there is more but they will inform them. It always seems when I deal with the Mexican Authorities for something I need there is something that they didn't tell me after I called to confirm.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 12:04 PM

That's great guys, keep up the good work. I don't know where you got that photo of me...oh and a quick disclaimer, Nothing I say on this forum can be construed as fact, as I do not know the whereabouts of Gary Patton or what happened during the time he went missing. Love to all and have a wonderful day!!
greengoes
Select Nomad

Mood: Today I slay the Red Dot.

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
...oh and a quick disclaimer, Nothing I say on this forum can be construed as fact..........

DUH

Sol gave me heck for posting in this thread.:lol:

ANUNCIATE AQUI
DISPONIBLE
INFORMES LLAMA SNOWBALL - 646-115-7754
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 12:25 PM

God Bless all of you, including Greengoes!! and may Peace be with you in this very short fragile life we have!!
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 12:46 PM

Ensenada Dr- this is amazing- you look exactly like my wife!!
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 12:49 PM

WEll isn't she a lucky gal???
Quote:
Originally posted by absinvestor
Ensenada Dr- this is amazing- you look exactly like my wife!!
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 08:55 PM

Maybe? She is a X

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 12:32 PM

I don't know Garys habits of how often he changes his clothes or certain items of clothes and when the contents of whatever is in the vehicle is found it will be posted. Please don't post anymore re: his underwear. As I mentioned in the past please post what is relevant but what some posted is just not right. I heard from the family and they, as well as me, are disgusted with this nonsense. If you don't have something to post that is your thought about where we are attempting to go with this please hold your disgusting BS posts to yourself. Those were just uncalled for.

Garys 65th birthday is tomorrow so wherever you are raise a glass and say a prayer.

[Edited on 4-13-2014 by lizard lips]
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 12:48 PM

LL-Thanks for your direct and accurate post. Please let the family know that we will be tipping the glass and saying a prayer for Gary's 65th!!!
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 01:08 PM

Feliz Cumpleanos Gary!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_pLp4Ckbpo
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
The Family Search in May:
Divide into Spanish-speaking teams who will act in concert, but separately; communication by long-range 2-way radio.
- In the evening when the fishermen are in-camp visit each camp with a list of pre-determined questions, photos of Gary, etc.
- Same for the ranches.
- Write down findings for each ranch/fish camp on a clipboard.
- Gather together and confer.

Is this a recap of something posted earlier by LL or is this a proposal you are putting forward?

IS there a formal plan for a search, involving persons outside the family and law enforcement?
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Quote:
Divide into Spanish-speaking teams who will act in concert, but separately; communication by long-range 2-way radio.
- In the evening when the fishermen are in-camp visit each camp with a list of pre-determined questions, photos of Gary, etc.
- Same for the ranches.

Is this a recap of something posted earlier by LL or is this a proposal you are putting forward?

I believe this was Mulegena's idea. Sounds good.

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 02:40 PM

Not from me. I suggested that we need a pro. that has done a search of this type before but before anything is done we need to see what Garys car contained and where the vehicle was found. I also mentioned that I have NEVER done this before and please, don't think I am in charge of anything.

I also heard from the family that Garys brother is going down with friends and will attempt to locate the search area and conduct a search. I don't know when this will happen and I have never spoken to him before so I'm not aware of his plan. If I find out dates and what he is going to do I will post……I sure hope he knows what he's doing.

Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Quote:
- Same for the ranches.

I believe this was Mulegena's idea. Sounds good.
My ideas, yes, but the reference of the family coming down in May was already posted days ago, I believe. Also, based on prior posts it's my belief that the concerned family must be and will be included in the planning of any search and recovery efforts.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 04:24 PM

Good ideas by the way Mulegena!!!!!!! This is exactly what I want as far as responses. I don't know if I mentioned this, and I'm not going back to every post I made, but when I take an assignment from a customer I always ask them to send me a list of questions that they would want to ask and add these to mine prior to an interview. Even thought I have been doing this type of work for more then I can remember two heads are better than one.

If we keep on track with this type of reasoning and ask the right questions then we should leave no stone unturned, so to speak. I hate it once I'm finished with an interview and am driving back and it dawns on me that I didn't ask this or that.

Keep em coming…..

Pages:  1  ..  76    78    80  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.