Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  11
Author: Subject: The Villages of Loreto Bay
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2004 at 11:32 AM

Skeet

Thanks for the detail...That was my point in responding to Phil's plenty of water comment....

Again...water is not an infinite resource!

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 11-3-2004 at 11:37 AM
Don't worry Elizabeth

Comprehension and spelling aren't that important:lol:
synch
Nomad

Mood: wandering...

[*] posted on 11-5-2004 at 09:39 AM

Quote:
CJ wrote:
LORETO BAY
Dream on.....Puerto Escondido, Escalara Nautica, and now Loreto Bay LaTijerta are you going to the "lot" party? If so get me one too!
CJ

I was just in Loreto and the Dive shop launched from the marina at Puerto Escondido. I noticed that huge development of street lights and cul-de-sacs but no homes.

Reminded me of Charles Keating's Lincoln Savings fiasco in Phoenix 15 years ago.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 11-5-2004 at 02:02 PM
Great that you found the Lord, Skeet.

Just don't let him find you sooner rather than later by way of a twister. You are moving to Tornado Alley.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2004 at 05:48 PM
Hook

Thanks for the Wqarning Hook!. I was riding around in a 38 Plymouth in Amarillo in 1949 when the Toronado Hit and Killed 7 people. i can still remember seeing a Story and a half go flying over at least 25 feet above the Car during Lighting Flashes/

The Good lord will take care of me as he has on so many occasions in the past..

P.S. The new Home has a two room Toronda Basement,

Skeet/Loreto
synch
Nomad

Mood: wandering...

[*] posted on 11-8-2004 at 02:28 PM

flyfishingpam - May I ask if you are associated with any of the SCUBA divce shops in Loreto?

I was just there and went with Dolphin Dive, but when walking around town I saw 4+ other SCUBA shops...

capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2004 at 10:12 PM
Skeet is Correct about the water

It is doubtful that there will be enough water to support alot of growth in Loreto. People seem to forget that Baja is desert and dry. Yes there is water---but is there enough? Fonatur is famous for not listening to their engineers. For instance the El Camino Real is built on backfill as it once was a beautiful estuary. Now it is an ugly golf course. The hotel will sink over the years to come---according to the engineers. I believe it is sinking a little each day now. You golfers will take exception to the term ugly golf course---but to me the natural desert is much prettier than a golf course. Golf is for the feeble minded with little else to occupy their mind. Iraq would make a delightful golf course and dodging the morters would make the game much more fun to watch and play.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 11-9-2004 at 07:29 AM
Loreto Bay

Capt. Sharky. "Golf is for feeble minded" you say. I know alot of Democrat golfers. Are you saying that they are feeble minded for voting for Kerry??? I have breakfast & occational lunch at Camino Real, and haven't noticed that I've got to "step down" when walking into the complex. Your comment about the hotel 'sinking' into the sand originated at the Cafe Ole, during the construction time. If I remember correctly, someone said that the first floor had already sunk into the ground, and you walked into the second story, and they stopped construction because of it. But when I got down here and checked it out, that wasn't the problem for their stopping construction. Are you one of the regulars at Cafe Ole in the 9 a.m. session??
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 11-9-2004 at 09:09 AM
Image of Construction of the First home

In case you were wondering, here's an image taken on Sunday of the first home. There were at least a dozen workers busy in there on detail work (on a Sunday!). The properties are having the electricity and water installed and near this lone structure are at least a half a dozen new foundations.

Well I'd post it if could figure out this BB code...

[Edited on 11-9-2004 by flyfishinPam]

[Edited on 11-9-2004 by flyfishinPam]
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2004 at 09:16 AM
Dive Shop...

..no I am not related to any dive shops and I've only tank dove one time. I'd like to do it again. I went with Rafael of Dolphin Dive Center and IMO he's the best in town.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2004 at 09:38 AM
Is that what

$500.000.00 buys you in Mexico these days? Or is that one of the million dollar versions?:lol:
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2004 at 09:48 AM

In August, they promised the first 10 in Phase 1a, to be built by the end of the year - that's 7 weeks. No wonder they've got crews working on Sunday.
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2004 at 11:06 AM
I dunno.....

...what price model this is, only that this is the first one being built. I took several images at the request of one of the founders. If they said 10 complete by the end of the year then they'll be behind schedule. Everyone knows that most things fall behind in Mexico. Happens in the US too as my folks built a home in Reno, NV and it took 18 months, one year behind schedule.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2004 at 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
In August, they promised the first 10 in Phase 1a, to be built by the end of the year.......

Did they say which year? :biggrin:
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 11-9-2004 at 05:48 PM
Loreto Bays delayed construction

Anyone ever hear of Mexican Gov't delays getting papers signed off, so new owners c an get "going". I'm told that is what has happened with the Loreto Bay project. So apparantly the project just got underway couple months ago, as they now own legal title to the construction area. So most likely we'll see some pretty progressive construction now that they are in fee title possession. Not much activity at the golf course with "feeble minded" people playing as Sharky calles them, on occation. One of these days I'm going to go out and feebily knock those dumb balls around the course for some R&R. (R&R must mean retard & regressed)
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2004 at 09:57 AM

There's not a hint of any delays in their periodic newsletters. I don't know why they can't be honest with the people who have spent thousands of dollars to have their house built. Never ending false promises. In any event, it would tell me, I couldn't trust their word.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2004 at 11:08 AM
If they were honest,

the victims wouldn't invest their money.:lol:
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2004 at 02:27 PM

Well, there is a hint of honesty in small print in their latest newsletter: After a lengthy article describing the wonders of the Beach Club, the small print at the bottom states: "The beach club is a proposed improvement. Because there is currently no estimated date of completion for the beach club, no warranty may be given or implied that the beach club will actually be completed."
Anonymous
Unregistered

tongue.gif posted on 11-24-2004 at 01:34 AM
Loreto Bay

I have read all of your responses about Loreto Bay. My sister really wants to buy a place there for the future. It does look like a good development. Isn't better to have a planned development compared to an unplanned development of a certain area ? Since when left unplanned there is no control when it comes to overpopulatian and residental planinng.
What do you guys think
Worldtraveller
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2004 at 09:49 AM

From website, the development looks very attractive. A friend went to a sales seminar and said that looks like the developers have a super track record. Prices seem to reflect upscale & sustainable nature of development. Prices still look cheap relative to comparable quality properties in other beach destinations.
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.