BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  11
Author: Subject: Care to give Baja Nomad a little something?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-28-2008 at 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
I did NOT say Comitan (personally) doesn't contribute... this was to everyone who complains.

Like I said, A LIAR and a JUSTIFIER.

YOU have been much of the reason that this horse has not died; YOU don't let it.
And you still didn't apologize to Comitan you liar.

Your further attempts at justifying your LIE and attaching me will only serve to show others why some of us get very irritated with you at times.

Ladies ?? You are such a child.
Don't YOU have anything better to do child ?
And no, my post has nothing to do with your original topic as you never answered my simple questions on page 1.

I sure wish JR was still around !

Yup, JR and I had some great laughs about some of you who take yourselves way too seriously here... like a post was life or death and a deleted post caused you to get so mad you left Nomad forever... funny stuff. Those who thought making Mexico more like America being a good thing was really 'rich' to JR as well!

Better to do.. here on Nomad?: My first love is to write travel reports/ trip stories... my second is to help Baja Nomads (Amigos before) to meet and exchange friendship... my hird is just to enjoy open discussion about Baja or other travels. Is that really childish? Okay, than so be it.

Your original question has been answered many times in many ways... but I guess that still wan't enough times? See my opening post... it is here in the SUGGESTIONS forum. I posted a suggestion to give something back to Baja Nomad and Doug gave me an address link to post for anyone who would like to give a tip.

Good night ladies (and gentlemen)!:light:;D

Oh, to Comitan, Diver, Natalie Ann, MtGoat666, jdtrotter and any other members of the 'anti DK club': I am sorry!... I still love you all and know you too will see the light of goodness and begin posting good and useful things about Baja without posting bad things about fellow Nomads will come one day!:light::bounce::biggrin:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

oxxo
Banned

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 9-28-2008 at 07:56 PM

Quote:
I still love you all and know you too will see the light of goodness and begin posting good and useful things about Baja without posting bad things about fellow Nomads will come one day!

SKEET, is that you? Anon the preacher? :lol:

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2008 at 08:03 PM

Still a liar; still sanctimonious (thanks for the good word); still prolonging the thread; still trying to justify his lies; still blaming everyone else; still attacking others; still a child; still a child.

You don't love me and I don't love you.
And how about YOU seeing the light ?
Now that's funny, huh Child ??
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2008 at 08:06 PM

And don't try to act like a buddy of JR.
He never attacked me but you were his regular target for the same reasons you have been questioned in this thread and for the same childish behavior.
Chris Holmstead
Banned

[*] posted on 9-28-2008 at 08:24 PM
This is rich.

Two of the biggest complainers on newbie abuse here posting jiberish and garbage nonstop. David posts what many want here and you two marooons post just to read your own posts. Give it a rest and go to bed Diver and Comitan and stop being hypocrites.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-28-2008 at 08:28 PM

Diver, I knew JR, JR was a friend of mine... you are no JR Baja!

Seriously, please stop the hate... If you don't like it here and dislike someone for helping Nomad, why stay miserable... find a happy place for you... I hope you decide to be nice and hang around, however...

Witnesses to jrbaja and I being friends in this photo include Baja Nomad, Baja Bernie, Jesse, BajaCactus... and yes, I was at his and Carol's place more than once...

[Edited on 9-29-2008 by David K]

P1010021r.JPG - 47kB

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2008 at 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Holmstead
Two of the biggest complainers on newbie abuse ...

You MUST have me confused with someone else.
And I don't recall Comitan being the very vocal about newbie offenses or anyone else's.
Maybe you enjoyed the posts by Nobullchit and Wetbobo ??

And I do not go around calling people I do not even know "marooon".
Are you another mud-slinging "child" ???
Chris Holmstead
Banned

[*] posted on 9-28-2008 at 08:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Two of the biggest complainers on newbie abuse ...

You MUST have me confused with someone else.
And I don't recall Comitan being the very vocal about newbie offenses or anyone else's.
Maybe you enjoyed the posts by Nobullchit and Wetbobo ??

And I do not go around calling people I do not even know "marooon".
Are you another mud-slinging "child" ???

I am hardly a newbie. Check my signup date marooon. I just do not have to post non stop like you seem to do. Its called having a life.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2008 at 08:46 PM

Quote:
... you are no JR Baja!

Never said I was, never wanted to be JR; I like me just fine.

You just keep telling yourself that JR liked you. :lol:

"Hate" ? I don't hate children; I try to teach children; some won't learn.

Leave Nomad because of YOU ? :lol::lol::lol:

I am already in my happy place, Child.

Now when are you going to stop your LIES and JUSTIFICATIONS ??

Maybe another last word from the Child ?? :lol::lol::lol:

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2008 at 08:50 PM

Quote:
I am hardly a newbie. Check my signup date marooon.

Starting to sound like DK now.
Where did I call you a newbie ?
Getting defensive and offensive at the same time ? :biggrin:

And you call me a marooon again ?
I will certainly NOT buy you a beer in future ! :lol:

Ah, you have a life but here you are giving me grief for what ? :lol:

[Edited on 9-29-2008 by Diver]
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 9-28-2008 at 08:55 PM

" Hello, Guiness Book of Record?. This is fishbuck over at Baja Nomad
We have 8 pages of dead horse beating. Is that a record? No huh, well keep working on it.
We have some champion dead horse beaters here at Nomad. These people never quit.
I'll call back when we have a few more pages"

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2008 at 09:02 PM

So big whoop, 35 posts in 5 years> WOW, you really are big part of this place.:lol: Lurker would suit your title, no? That's not a bad word I don't think . It just says something about you. You stopped posting when JR croaked. Por que?:?:

David, you ain't no Lloyd Benson either.:no: Please stop with the politics . It may seem funny to you but when you talk down your nose it demeans and detracts.

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2008 at 09:03 PM

Hey Fishbuck, my screen says 4 pages. Shoot, I better get busy!:bounce:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2008 at 09:18 PM

DK, are you honestly this obtuse, or could you sincerely have a reading comprehension problem?

I know this is a waste of my time, but I'll try to get through to one last time (Wiley, you're authorized to shoot me if I ever try to get through his thick skull ever again!)

DK, IMO, you have an uncanny ability to not read the words people write to you. You appear to selectively pick & choose at your convenience. I don't believe that there is an "anti-dk club". I do believe there are some people who are willing to speak out when you post outrageous comments or ideas. Why can't you simply accept that as feedback? Feedback is something that comes back to you because of what you originally said or how you said it. A lot of people accept feedback as constructive criticism. When several people give you similar feedback, over time most people eventually come to the realization:light: that there might possibly be a reason all these people have made similar comments to them & listen to the comments & look back at what they've written & look within themselves to see if maybe, just maybe, they're bringing negative responses on themselves through their words & how they express themselves.

For example, you DID address that message to comitan & you DID say "Instead of complaining, how about contributing?" so you were saying that to comitan. If you meant all Nomads, then you should have said all Nomads. Clarification after the fact is a little late & it comes across to me as an excuse! You DO owe comitan an apology....as Diver has brought to your attention in not one, but TWO subsequent posts, and you continue to try to explain your original words away rather than admitting your mistake like a man & apologizing, you repeatedly come back with more childish excuses for what you meant to say!

When reading through your last response, I suddenly had an OMG:light: moment!!
Quote:
Oh, to Comitan, Diver, Natalie Ann, MtGoat666, jdtrotter and any other members of the 'anti DK club': I am sorry!... I still love you all and know you too will see the light of goodness and begin posting good and useful things about Baja without posting bad things about fellow Nomads will come one day!:light::bounce::biggrin:
For starters, I was crushed to be left out of the "lineup"!:lol::no: But it dawned on me that in your mind there is an honest to gawd correlation between calling you on something you post & their overall value of contributions to the Board as a whole. They can respond positively to hundreds of threads, they can help perfect strangers just because they ask for information or help....but once they criticize you, that in some way in your mind diminishes all their other contributions to the Board??:o:O:o That's a totally ludicrous thought process, yet that's what your words conveyed to me.

So even though you didn't address the question to me by name, yes, it's you. It's how you phrase things, it's how you can insult without ever apologizing, you bring it on yourself & you escalate it because you resort to childish name calling & excuses to avoid simply swallowing your pride, admitting you were wrong & offering an honest apology.

You started this thread, you got negative responses, rather than accepting how others felt, you came back with lectures & attempting to shame people who didn't agree with you. And you don't expect people to respond in like??

I don't care about your trip reports, but I DO care when you kick into immature mode & attempt to invalidate, minimize or belittle other people's contributions to this board through your tit-for-tat responses when anyone has a differing opinion or calls you on something you've written.

Read the words David, I'm sincerely trying to be honest & get through to you that you bring on the grief you get through your own words. This is NOT an attack, it's my final attempt at constructive criticism; my final attempt to get you to understand your wound is self-inflicted. Mine will be inflicted by Wiley if I address you again!:lol:
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2008 at 09:29 PM

LL, you are wise beyond your leg length. :yes:
You have expressed it all very well.
Many of us have tried before but I wish you luck in your attempt.
And thank you for trying.

Maybe Wiley would agree to a 2'fer for me too ? :lol:
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2008 at 09:52 PM

Quote:

David,

Please tell when I have ever posted "bad things"about you or any other nomad?? Yes, I have disagreed with you on a number of things and that you seem to have a difficult time accepting.

Sorry DK, but you really remind me of a little boy I knew once named Mark. His family moved out of our neighborhood because the other boys, including my two, were picking on him. Mind you, Mark was only 9 years old and it was the sixth neighborhood they had to leave for the same reason. They just didn't get it.

As I have said many times, you help people in lots of ways----but,,,, oh well, here I go with the bad thing---you just don't get it.

Diane

[Edited on 9-29-2008 by jdtrotter]

Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2008 at 10:14 PM

Quote:
LL, you are wise beyond your leg length. :yes:
You have expressed it all very well.
Many of us have tried before but I wish you luck in your attempt.
And thank you for trying.

Maybe Wiley would agree to a 2'fer for me too ? :lol:

What Diver said.:yes:....
except for that last part. I won't make promises I may not be able to keep.:no:
I will sign up for that aromatherapy class which seems to have been so helpful to Diver.:lol:

Nena

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
rogerj1
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2008 at 11:16 PM
One big family, not neccesarily happy.

Wow! It's pretty much all out there. Lot's of frustration, weariness, anger. These aren't great times; violence in Baja, people losing money, banks closing. DK, I think you're a bit of a lightning rod for people to vent here, so don't take it too personally.

David, you know I'm a big fan of yours. You won't get any grief from me. I'm compelled to comment because of LL's finely measured comments which I've quoted below.

Quote:
Originally posted by longlegsinlapaz

DK, IMO, you have an uncanny ability to not read the words people write to you. You appear to selectively pick & choose at your convenience. I don't believe that there is an "anti-dk club". I do believe there are some people who are willing to speak out when you post outrageous comments or ideas. Why can't you simply accept that as feedback? Feedback is something that comes back to you because of what you originally said or how you said it. A lot of people accept feedback as constructive criticism. When several people give you similar feedback, over time most people eventually come to the realization:light: that there might possibly be a reason all these people have made similar comments to them & listen to the comments & look back at what they've written & look within themselves to see if maybe, just maybe, they're bringing negative responses on themselves through their words & how they express themselves.

You started this thread, you got negative responses, rather than accepting how others felt, you came back with lectures & attempting to shame people who didn't agree with you. And you don't expect people to respond in like??

Read the words David, I'm sincerely trying to be honest & get through to you that you bring on the grief you get through your own words. This is NOT an attack, it's my final attempt at constructive criticism; my final attempt to get you to understand your wound is self-inflicted. Mine will be inflicted by Wiley if I address you again!:lol:

People pay lot's of money to get good coaching like this! So set aside the thoughtless criticism's, name calling, and baiting from others but grasp onto a glimmer of insight when it's thrown your way. I'm just as stubborn as you are. If someone comes at me full force, I fight back and just like you, I want to win! I'm not very good at accepting criticism unless it's delivered with a velvet glove. How powerful though to truly know yourself as others see you! You can come away from this a wiser stronger person.

Now, getting back to your original, great idea, let's have a party and help support the board that means so much to so many of us. A great excuse for a get together!
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2008 at 11:24 PM

Quote:

Better to do.. here on Nomad?: My first love is to write travel reports/ trip stories... my second is to help Baja Nomads (Amigos before) to meet and exchange friendship... my hird is just to enjoy open discussion about Baja or other travels. Is that really childish? Okay, than so be it.

David,

You like to portray yourself as a happy baja lover. I don't see you that way. I've been reading these kind of threads for over 5 years now and I see nothing to be particularly happy about. I just can't imagine you getting any pleasure from this either

I see you as a tragic figure. One who just can't seem to break out this vicious cycle.

The problem is that you strive to be a leader but simply lack leadership qualities.

This thread is a case in point. You had an idea you wanted nomads to embrace and act upon and when they didn't you berated them for it. That wasn't smart. It's not how a politician behaves (and you are very political, make no mistake about that). Imagine senator McCain reprimanding voters for not supporting his agenda. It would be disastrous to his own ambitions.

But getting back to happiness. Every one has things they are better at than others. The unhappy ones are those that continually strive at what they're not particularly good at. It's really that simple.

It's not about winning or losing. Or getting the last jab in. There are no 'DK haters'. You need to accept responsibility for your own actions. In the end you are in control of yourself.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2008 at 11:32 PM

Quote:
Attrition will get this board cleaned up

What you may not understand is that this board is populated by both travelers, partial and full-time residents. Many of us are the folks who offer consistent help to those looking for campgrounds, border-crossing directions and the like. Many offer their experiences about homebuilding or homeowning or where to get your whatever fixed. These are nice folks that love Baja and want to help others enjoy and live in Baja. They are not nasty folks and they do not look for confrontation. They do have normal human sensitivity and a desire to be treated with respect; no more or less than anyone else.

I do not fault you for defending DK; he has helped many. Even I enjoy looking at some of his photos.
I understand your feelings; I just do not agree.

[Edited on 9-29-2008 by Diver]
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.