Author: Subject: Mexican Goverment stupidity at its worst
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally posted by Packoderm
randomly testing a person to find out if they smoked a joint last Friday night is un-American in nature.

Isn't smoking a joint on American soil a 'criminal' act? Wouldn't it be un-American not to report it?

I'd list joint smoking as an infraction in the $99.00 fine category - right up with cutting the tags off your mattress but nowhere near as severe of a crime as driving while talking on the cell phone. If you want to go on a mission all day of notifying the authorities for every driver you see talking on a cell phone - that is fine, but make sure you use a hands free headset while making the calls.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Dave- For someone not living in America, you have to look in the mirror.

The cartels primary customer is the guy who smoked that joint last Friday night.

My backyard (Mexico) is getting shot to s**t. I know the cause and have no use for those who tolerate it's continuance.

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 05:57 PM
The cartels don't sell mattresses

Quote:

I'd list joint smoking as an infraction in the $99.00 fine category - right up with cutting the tags off your mattress

k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 06:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
randomly testing a person to find out if they smoked a joint last Friday night is un-American in nature.

Isn't smoking a joint on American soil a 'criminal' act? Wouldn't it be un-American not to report it?

no and no

Dude, I just got a scrip from Dr. Feelgood for some indica chronic supernova. DA KINE. Ain't modern medicine great!
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 06:03 PM

Quote:
dt- I can honestly understand your environment. But, this testing is used in jobs such as retail and consumer call centers. I cannot grasp justifying control of one's personal life, in the absence of the threat to the safety of others, in order to maintain employment where the employee, by all measurements, is doing a good job.

Tony- Think about it. There are nowhere near the resources to be able to carry out what David has suggested. Mexico is a huge country. It would be like squeezing a balloon in one place. For grins, let's just say that what David proposes succeeds. Has that extinguished demand? Nope. So, other than ridding your beloved Mulege of any threat by nefarious thugs, at the end of the day, someone, somewhere, will fill the void of supply.

I did say I had doubts. I suspect you are right. But if David's plan were to be effective, it would decapitate or greatly diminish and disrupt the various cartels' organization. Regarding those who would fill the void, they would have to practically start over. In the mean time, drugs must be decriminalized, the cartel/pusher middleman profit must be taken out and the U.S. Government must control and tax the supply...just like alcohol. Let the users kill themselves (and be denied healthcare). If they commit crimes, lock them up. Take away the suppliers' profit incentive.

Short of that, the Mexican Government and the Cartels will be cooperatives, and they will lose everything. As it stands, the stupid fence is a charade and a racist boondoggle. We can seal our border if we really wanted to. We can outlaw travel to Mexico and set up embargos. As Skeet says, "when the Mexican people are tired of it all, they will sort it out". It will be bloody.

We will Mexico/Baja lovers/dwellers will lose too until Mexico can sort out it's problems. I am really sad about all this. The horror has escalated and advanced beyond any decent human sensibilities. It has surpassed any threshold of acceptance. There don't appear to be any quick and painless solutions. :no:

The demand will not ever disappear. It thrives with the affluent as well as the poor, during good economic times and bad. It is endemic in our culture. In my view, the supply side is all we can work against. How to achieve that is the big question.

[Edited on 12-24-2009 by toneart]

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 06:07 PM

I am saddened also. But as much as I wish it, we can never go back.:(
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 06:08 PM

I hate to interupt this but...
They have 4 suspects in custody from the assasination of the Marine's family.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 06:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Dave- For someone not living in America, you have to look in the mirror.

The cartels primary customer is the guy who smoked that joint last Friday night.

My backyard (Mexico) is getting shot to s**t. I know the cause and have no use for those who tolerate it's continuance.

Dave, Dave, Dave, it's not the joint that got somebody killed - it's the prohibition policies that's spawning the organized crime. Your get-mean-on-pot suggestions will only result in more profits for the cartels and more pain for everybody else. Wait. Now you're not secretly dealing are you? I do know that the cartels are in favor of strong drug laws. You don't have grown men kiss your ring do you? There must be an explanation for what appears to look like a Devil's advocate position.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Before you get rid of this and get rid of that, you'll have to get rid of the Bill Of Rights and the ACLU. In fact, they should be done away with anyway. They're the biggest protectors of criminals we have.
And that pesky constitution too!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco

Well, I'd stop short of that. It's just that the Bill Of Rights needs to be modernized. It gives too much protection to criminals. They should first be shot, then read their rights.
Perhaps we could test this theory on congress.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 06:41 PM
Wink,Wink

Quote:
I do know that the cartels are in favor of strong drug laws.

Only because they know we don't mean it. We don't have the stomach for it. If we started penalizing users and cut into their profits cartels would change their tune.

We are weak sisters.

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 06:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco

Well, I'd stop short of that. It's just that the Bill Of Rights needs to be modernized. It gives too much protection to criminals. They should first be shot, then read their rights.
Perhaps we could test this theory on congress.
Maybe a new Bill of Rights with guarantees like the right to a blindfold before summary execution.
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
I hate to interupt this but...
They have 4 suspects in custody from the assasination of the Marine's family.

NBC just said the guys arrested were Zetas. Aren't the Zetas affiliated with La Familia Michoacana?

Not your father's cartel.

They're taking it to the next level.

Intentionally murdering innocent women and childern.

Using bombs.

They got to get these guys.

[Edited on 12-24-2009 by k-rico]
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 07:38 PM

Quote:
Prisoners should be made to work. Dig things with their hands. Eat rocks and twigs.

Is this what happens when I leave you guys alone for eight hours?

This thread was reduced to this by page 4?

OK OK everyone needs to take a deep breath and next time read the bottle of Xanax it say's; DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOLWHEN TAKING THIS MEDICATION!

Nomads in the future please heed the warning on the label I dont want see anymore posts like this one.
Thanks
The Mexicorn
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexicorn

This thread was reduced to this by page 4?

That was four pages ago? Seems like just yesterday. :biggrin:
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 07:53 PM

Unfortunately, the persons arrested are NOT the actual killers, just accessories to the crime.

Still searching........

Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 08:03 PM

Good news no else needs to come to San Diego to buy any more Christmas gifts.
My wife just walked in and I'm happy to report that she single handedly bought everything in the City. Stay home no need to come.
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 08:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:

On the topic of detering all drug use in the USA- and I threw out employer random drug testing.

I've flip flopped on this before- "I own a persons full attention for 40 hours a week- do I have the right to know/monitor what they do the rest of the time?" I had a Human Resources Director final candidate come to me after we made the offer to tell me she couldn't pass the drug test (hair specimen). Was hard to believe and we felt sad for her at the time.

Most all workplaces now drug test after any on the job injury- so the Workers Comp claim can be disallowed.

[Edited on 12-24-2009 by Woooosh]

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 08:18 PM
How did she get all that across?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexicorn
Good news no else needs to come to San Diego to buy any more Christmas gifts.
My wife just walked in and I'm happy to report that she single handedly bought everything in the City. Stay home no need to come.

Must have had a Footprinters badge. :rolleyes:

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 11:17 PM
Four Zetas Arrested for Murder of Marine's Family (VIDEO IN SPANISH)

Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.