BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  ..  60
Author: Subject: Arizonas new Imigration Bill(This has turned into a Rat Hole)
oldlady
Banned

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 06:44 AM

another one who hasn't read the bill....

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Donjulio
Too bad the Native Americans didn't implement this system and run people out when they first started coming over. Wouldn't be having this problem now.

They tried, and I don't blame them. They failed, and things changed radically--------Is that is the kind of "change" you want?

Barry
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 07:22 AM

Yes, a repeat and summary of what we said before

Human Rights Abuse---

Dangerous Precedent---

Open season on undocumented human beings for all the predators around---open season on a group who is already fearful of the police, and now, Papers Please.

And one final thought. One of my European History professors was an immigrant from Germany----he did not practice the Jewish Religion, but he was of Jewish Ancestry.

He remembered riding on a train in Germany with his father who was a German University professor. As a child he was becoming fearful of what was happening against Jewish people. His father told him not worry, that it would never happen in Germany, the land of Kant. Germany had been a refuge for the Jews escaping the discrimination in other countries. No, it could never happen in Germany.

His father is one who said people do not understand and are just responding to proposed changes emotionally. In the end, most of his family, but not all, escaped in time.

Arizona will be hurt financially as the boycotts heat up. It gives us hope that this sickness will not spread.

Diana and John

[Edited on 4-28-2010 by DianaT]

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 07:40 AM

Diane says in the previous post----------"Arizona will be hurt financially as the boycotts heat up. It gives us hope that this sickness will not spread."

From this I must infer that enforcing the long existing laws of this nation is a "sickness"?????

I am sorry Diane, but I just don't understand---------

Barry and Meredith
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE

Don't you listen? IT IS NOT ABOUT PROVIDING IDENTIFICATION, its about giving local law enforcement, the power to stop anybody at anytime, simply because he might be an illegal Mexican.

The law states:

"For any lawful contact made"

I read this to mean 'probable cause'. If this turns out to be a blanket cover then I'm 100% against this law and I would expect it will be ruled unconstitutional.

Its simple Dave, maybe hispanic police officers should ask white citizens of Arizona for proof of citizenship, at every traffic stop, and Lawful contact made.

They would be raising hell if that happened.
Yes, they could very well be Canadians.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Diane says in the previous post----------"Arizona will be hurt financially as the boycotts heat up. It gives us hope that this sickness will not spread."

From this I must infer that enforcing the long existing laws of this nation is a "sickness"?????

Barry and Meredith

If one cannot see the danger and racial profiling in this law, then sorry, but they are as much a part of the problem as is the law.

This is not about simple political differences, it is about a spreading sickness in our country. Very sad times and again, as one friend here in Baja said, Isn't this very unAmerican?

He is correct----open season has been declared---go for it Minute Men, your opportunity is now.

Timo1
Senior Nomad

Mood: Lovin every minute of it

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 07:51 AM

I wonder how long it will be before us Canadians will require a visa to pass thru the US on our way south
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 07:58 AM

You don't need one now?

The first time I went to Canada (1995), I was shocked at how much more strict they were on us than Mexico... Luckily, I had my voter's registration receipt folded up in my wallet to prove I was an American... The company I worked for flew me into Vancouver without any warning of how much stricter it was to cross into Canada than into Mexico.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

oldlady
Banned

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Yes, a repeat and summary of what we said before

Human Rights Abuse---

Dangerous Precedent---

Open season on undocumented human beings for all the predators around---open season on a group who is already fearful of the police, and now, Papers Please.

And one final thought. One of my European History professors was an immigrant from Germany----he did not practice the Jewish Religion, but he was of Jewish Ancestry.

He remembered riding on a train in Germany with his father who was a German University professor. As a child he was becoming fearful of what was happening against Jewish people. His father told him not worry, that it would never happen in Germany, the land of Kant. Germany had been a refuge for the Jews escaping the discrimination in other countries. No, it could never happen in Germany.

His father is one who said people do not understand and are just responding to proposed changes emotionally. In the end, most of his family, but not all, escaped in time.

Arizona will be hurt financially as the boycotts heat up. It gives us hope that this sickness will not spread.

Diana and John

[Edited on 4-28-2010 by DianaT]

I guess the only real difference between that situation and this is that
a) this law prohibits racial and religious profiling
b) most German Jews had entered Germany legally
c) illegal persons here will be moved to the jurisdiction of ice
d) worst case scenario will be a fine or deportation
e) the media has not indicated that ovens are being constructed anywhere
f) except for those bound in 20th century progressivism, which developed eugneics, there is no movement in the US to develop a final solution of any class of people.

Other than that, perhaps the comparison is valid.

Timo1
Senior Nomad

Mood: Lovin every minute of it

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 08:03 AM

No David
We require nothing except our passports
As for our strict customs at the border.....we had good teachers
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 08:05 AM

I always carry my U.S. passport in my vehicle whether in the US or in Mexico.
With a first name like mine, someone may think I'm a Russian!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.

Barry and Meredith

If one cannot see the danger and racial profiling in this law, then sorry, but they are as much a part of the problem as is the law.

This is not about simple political differences, it is about a spreading sickness in our country. Very sad times and again, as one friend here in Baja said, Isn't this very unAmerican?

He is correct----open season has been declared---go for it Minute Men, your opportunity is now.

Diane--------this new law MIRRORS the long existing Federal Law!! Why the outcry now?? The law itself has NO racial component other than to prohibit it-----how folks interpret the law (which should be left to the courts) is another matter---------but again, there is nothing NEW in this state law------if the "sickness" you refer to exists, it only is in the imagination of individuals, and there is no avoiding that situation (as this board reflects :lol: ).

The sky is NOT falling.

Barry
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 09:02 AM

Barry - don't waste your breath or pen on her - or any of the other marooons who they themselves are clueless about existing laws let alone respecting them.
they have all drunk the kool aid.....they do not understand representative democracy either. we live in a REPUBLIC, not a pure democracy - like it or not.
this is not about racism - it's about enforcing a law enacted by a sovereign entity.
don't like it? don't live in AZ.
freedom.....ahhhhh......:coolup:

[Edited on 4-28-2010 by capt. mike]

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 09:11 AM

I used to read this forum daily for its focus on Baja, trip reports, photos, recipes, places to explore. Perhaps, like other forums, an OFF TOPIC repository could be created?

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadock
I used to read this forum daily for its focus on Baja, trip reports, photos, recipes, places to explore. Perhaps, like other forums, an OFF TOPIC repository could be created?

Ahhhhh errrrrr-----the Title of this thread does give one a clue as to it's content-------don't understand why you opened it?

Barry
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Timo1
I wonder how long it will be before us Canadians will require a visa to pass thru the US on our way south

or on your way north if you happen to be married to a uS citizen (as is our case now):fire::fire:

Bob Durrell
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
That said, racial or ethnic profiling is the obvious result of such a law.

The clerks at Nordstrom's department store are all trained to watch all little old white haired ladies with large black purses because statistics show that they are most likely to shoplift and the often ask to see receipts for what's in the purse. The call this FACIAL PROFILING:lol::lol:

Bob Durrell
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 10:14 AM
Que Sera Sera

Given the current depressed levels of tourism, they should by all means do something to further depress it, BUT I'm sure that the Mex Authorities will find some way to throw a Hissy Fit now and then over the issue. They always have. Makes them feel good while shooting themselves in the foot.

Relax and Enjoy it. Or, stay home.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Originally posted by oldlady
another one who hasn't read the bill....

another racist defending gestapo police tactics

and that applies to others also---there are so many of them on this forum who use faulty so called logic to defend their bigotry----sick minds feeding a sick society--

The mouth pieces, or more accurately the puppets, for Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh are alive and well. Sick, just plain old sick. As I heard one commentator state, some people are definitely not worth the time to try and discuss any thing with, and certainly not worth one's time.

I will say that this thread has confirmed my conviction that there are several of you I hope to never meet in person---it really confirms how bigoted many of you are----not people I would want to pass through my door.

Real old time Republicans and conservatives are a different breed and people for whom I have respect even with a difference of opinion. But this is not the same as a simple difference of opinion, the comments say a lot about who people are as people---a part of the sick new movement that is destroying the GOP---I truly feel for the old time GOP----they are toast.

We have some nomads coming to visit and stay with us tomorrow---ones we respect as people. There are some, thank goodness.

Go Freaky Minute Men---it is your chance, and you do have support for the other sickos----

Diana

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2010 at 10:56 AM

Diana-----Heaven forbid that one uses "logic" to defend one's position---------what a "sick" methodology!!!!!

Well, you have certainly drawn the proverbial "line in the sand" with that post--------- :rolleyes:

Good luck with that------

Barry
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  ..  60

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.