BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10
Author: Subject: Traveling with a badge
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 01:07 PM
Whaddaya Mean Another Steenking Day?

Such is the nature of badges and life on the forum...

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 01:44 PM

It all comes down to the haves and have-nots. If you have one use it and if you don't oh well!
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 02:03 PM

well I for one enjoyed the heck out of the kate photo's! all that speeding and badge baloney was just that! :lol:
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee

Most on this thread are delusional and have no idea what a badge represents.
I was under the impression that a badge represented a responsibility to enforce and uphold the law, not an exemption from obeying it. Silly me.

We're not in disagreement here, at least from my perspective.

I would define ''responsibility to enforce and uphold the law'' as defined by the badge holder, not a civilian.

''Exemption from obeying'' the law is also defined by the badge holder.

There's a problem, for some, that breaking any law (especially speeding) and getting away with it because of a badge is corrupt.

Guess I'm thinking there's the letter of the law, and the spirit of the law. Sometimes they're different. Guess nobody here speeds.

All this nonsense smacks of moral preaching.

One last time Mr Lee, the only moral issue here was a person asking if it was okay to break the law and then use a badge that was bestowed upon them to uphold the law to then use that badge to circumnavigate the law. Exactly what part of this thread do you not comprehend? It has absolutely nothing to do with preaching morality but it has everything to do with proper morals.

PS. Aren't you the character that started a silly ass thread on fireworks and finally disappeared when you were confronted with facts?
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R
It all comes down to the haves and have-nots. If you have one use it and if you don't oh well!
When I get pulled over in California I just flash my, official, Baja Nomad Junior Special Fishing Investigator, badge, and they usually let me off with a warning.:lol:

"The future ain't what it used to be"
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 02:42 PM

Like a rack on a bull elk.

Got 'em?

Use 'em!

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubba
It has absolutely nothing to do with preaching morality but it has everything to do with proper morals.

PS. Aren't you the character that started a silly burro thread on fireworks and finally disappeared when you were confronted with facts?

You've stated your point well. ''....it has everything to do with proper morals.''

And, I guess you and some loonies here will be defining ''proper morals'' for the badges?

And, wow, yes, I guess I'm guilty of the silly burro thread about fireworks. Did I really disappear when confronted with the facts? Or, possibly, check out after making my point -- and not giving a rat's burro about what others thought? Hope I made a point. I'm guilty of enjoying loud explosions -- call me odd -- and sometimes the louder the better. Like Dennis alluded to, I must think it's an alternative to sex which is impossible to have all the time.

Finally, just so you understand my level of comprehension and interest here -- I click on the last post of a thread I have vague interest in, look at 2-3 most recent posts, scan, not read, what's said, and mostly move on.

Honestly, Bub, your moral point of view is just delusional and nonsense. From where I'm coming from, you most likely live in a fantasy world. Enjoy! I do!

David stated my point of view the best and we're in the same ballpark on this:

Quote:

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Such is the nature of badges and life on the forum...

By the way David. Your humor is not lost on me. You're a very funny fellow. Levity is always appreciated.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 03:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Doesn't anybody else wonder why the OP quit chiming in quite along time ago and the few that tried to defend it with either drunk or delusional responses gave it up also?

Nothing is forever, Bubba.......especially here on Nomad. We all live to fight another day. :light:

Reading the heavy moral/ethical judgments here(I pay your taxes, flashing a badge is corrupt) get's as boring as the attitudes about mordida. The initial question about speeding in Texas seemed legitimate but it just gave a podium to the idiotic and nonsensical out there who think their responses about how they're on the high ground, and others are not, becomes pointless. Comical too.

Most on this thread are delusional and have no idea what a badge represents.

And you're one of the delusional according to your previous responses. Take the time to read through the entire thread, see who responded to what and how it was responded to before you give your opinion. You seem to have a bad habit of jumping in the middle of something and giving your advice when you have no idea what was being discussed. Do you simply read the OP's original topic and then just spout off at the end?

PS. I was the first to use the term "delusional" in this thread but you certainly used it. Do you even know where and why I used it?

Bubba please get down off your cross !
We need the space to nail the next one up. :cool:

[Edited on 7-27-2013 by BajaRat]
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 04:35 PM

Cute Rat, cute. None of you have the ability to debate what was presented so you go to silly tactics, sad but still somewhat humorous. Carry on skipper, you're actually quite amusing. :bounce:
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Quote:
When I get pulled over in California I just flash my, official, Baja Nomad Junior Special Fishing Investigator, badge, and they usually let me off with a warning.:lol:

Here is an official badge people can print and cut out to display the next time they are pulled over for an infraction.

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 05:40 PM

I'm printing that badge right now.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 05:41 PM

badge number one! a collectors item:O
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 05:58 PM

It ain't the badge. It's the arrogance of exclusiveness that bothers me most.
I repel from that attitude in any aspect of life. Police officers who display this sense of importance with others for recognition, for any reason, rely on their position for personal verification. They want to be seen as important and powerful.

I can't say I wouldn't do the same, given the circumstances. I have my needs for attention and ego boosting as well.
Cops are, in most cases, only human.
Let's cut them some slack for being just like the rest of us.

[Edited on 7-28-2013 by DENNIS]
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 06:05 PM

Another spanking, Lee?! Surfing, Fireworks, Special Cop priviledges? By the way, do you carry a Badge? Police, not Firefighter, Marine. Rush Limbaugh supporter? If you have one flaunt it just burns my ass. Oh well. These people are just not happy! Ni modo, Tio
BajaRat
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
I vote we go back a couple pages and have another look at kate middleton from a different angle! thanks bajaahh!:bounce:

A feast fit for a King :o
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tiotomasbcs
By the way, do you carry a Badge?

He does, Tio. Police Officer. I'll answer this for him because I know he won't.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRat
Quote:
I vote we go back a couple pages and have another look at kate middleton from a different angle! thanks bajaahh!:bounce:

I used to claim I hated the wind!:yes:
BajaRat
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 06:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRat
Quote:

I used to claim I hated the wind!:yes:

Hey..... What ever blows your skirt :tumble:
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 06:41 PM

Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.