Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8  
Author: Subject: Ocean front dwellers look out
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-28-2015 at 08:00 AM
No Worries

As they say (more or less) "A Rising tide lifts all Turds".

So, most should be OK.

Anyway, no need for concern until Bangladesh goes under.

Really, no need to worry then.

That cheap clothing they make is produced elsewhere.

Right now, there seems to be more danger from escalators gone berserk than the oceans rise.

At least in China.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2015 at 08:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  

Anyway, no need for concern until Bangladesh goes under.

That is going to be more horrible than it already is. 161 million people (1/2 US population) in an area about the same as Kansas, much of which is barely above sea-level.

It makes Miami's future flooding problems trivial, unless you live there. Or New Orleans, or Philly, or New York, or Rotterdam, or........etc.

[Edited on 7-28-2015 by SFandH]
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2015 at 08:45 AM

Oh, so now GW wasn't introduced by the Left, pushed by the left and funded by the left? If you don't think politic's is heavily involved, you'd be wrong for the second time in as many minutes.

Just who do you think is pushing for and funding the studies? I didn't know you could put your head that deep in the sand? See I learned something today too!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-28-2015 at 08:58 AM

Great exchange amigos!
I was in Baja, so am just now reading this thread. If we can share without insults, life is good.

For the thread subject...
We had dinner at Alfonsina's Sunday afternoon, on a concrete pad that was there when I first went to Gonzaga Bay, in 1965. The concrete pad (upon which Alfonsina's kitchen is built) is still just as far above sea level as back then! 50 years later of "rising sea levels" should be visible, one would think? The sandbar still connects to the island at low tide, too.

Live happy... and worry less about predictions. I do like BajaGringo's cartoon, but no one nation should be punished nor should one government be empowered, over some scientist's 'predictions', in my opinion.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-28-2015 at 09:34 AM

Yeah, But Alfonsina drug it back toward the beach in 1976, by hooking up a tractor supplied by the kommunists to it, just to fool the Demopublicans.....That's cheating.....What dumb nonsense .....

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-28-2015 at 10:22 AM

So, Timinator? Please tell us please with some degree of detail. EXACTLY who funds the research and studies done by these mentioned agencies...Thanks....waiting for your detailed reply.....

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2015 at 11:16 AM

Some of the stuff was making good argumentative sense. Science was actually being discussed. gone now
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 7-28-2015 at 11:19 AM

Yup, there goes the neighborhood.... and it was such a quiet week.

I think i'll fly to China and sell ViagLa, and try to save the totuava. :lol:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2015 at 11:27 AM

I was just by Playa Coyote on Conception Bay Friday...

The famous palm tree is still out of water, still green and appears thriving.
Just saying.

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 7-28-2015 at 11:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
Some of the stuff was making good argumentative sense. Science was actually being discussed. gone now

Although science was being discussed I wouldn't exactly call it "argumentative sense". For that you need more than one side represented. When Paul and Tim dared to present an opposing view they were insulted and called names. It's hard to have a back and forth exchange of ideas or opinions when you are getting kicked in the crotch. When Tim shared his personal professional experience, not second or third hand, not a link to a left wing web site but actual professional experience he was spat upon and dismissed as a loon. Your little group is only tolerant of discussion that follows your way of thinking, if anyone should dare to share a different message its "kill the messenger" so we can get back to our little fun time.

Carry on guys, I doubt that there will be many more challenges for you on this thread. :no::no:

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2015 at 11:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by dtbushpilot  

Although science was being discussed I wouldn't exactly call it "argumentative sense". For that you need more than one side represented. When Paul and Tim dared to present an opposing view they were insulted and called names. It's hard to have a back and forth exchange of ideas or opinions when you are getting kicked in the crotch. When Tim shared his personal professional experience, not second or third hand, not a link to a left wing web site but actual professional experience he was spat upon and dismissed as a loon. Your little group is only tolerant of discussion that follows your way of thinking, if anyone should dare to share a different message its "kill the messenger" so we can get back to our little fun time.

Carry on guys, I doubt that there will be many more challenges for you on this thread. :no::no:

It seems to be that way with most political topics.

If your against abortion, you're a hater of women.
If your against illegal immigration, you're a hater of Hispanics.
If your against re-distribution of wealth, you're a hater of "fair"
If your against more taxation, you hate the poor.
If your against Planned Parenthood, you're a hater of choice.
If you don't agree with Obama, you hate blacks.

And be damned if your not all in on GW, you're a hater of science.

Just saying

[Edited on 7-28-2015 by DaliDali]

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2015 at 12:04 PM

Seems like the only person to get their feelings hurt was you. carry on.:fire:
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 7-28-2015 at 01:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  

Just saying

"Your"=possesive...something that is yours. Why do you use "your" incorrectly? You need to use you are or the contraction which is you're. Don't make me draw conclusions as to why you align with the wrong side. :rolleyes:

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 7-28-2015 at 01:20 PM

Seems like the only person to get their feelings hurt was you. carry on.:fire:

No worries rts, my feelings aren't hurt at all. Interesting that you would draw that conclusion from my post. Perhaps you are used to having people's feelings hurt by the things you say and are jumping to conclusions.....:light:

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2015 at 01:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by toneart  

Just saying

"Your"=possesive...something that is yours. Why do you use "your" incorrectly? You need to use you are or the contraction which is you're. Don't make me draw conclusions as to why you align with the wrong side. :rolleyes:

Despite your political nonsense....you (your/you're) got the point and you proved it by your (you're) aligning on one side or the other and therefore showing your hate colors to anyone who disagrees with you.

FYI....the edit was not successful. I saw my mistake early and corrected it but I did not show up as corrected.
If YOU"RE offended, go fishing.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2015 at 01:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by toneart  

Just saying

Despite your political nonsense....you (your/you're) got the point and you proved it by your (you're) aligning on one side or the other and therefore showing your hate colors to anyone who disagrees with you.

FYI....the edit was not successful. I saw my mistake early and corrected it but I did not show up as corrected.
If YOU"RE offended, go fishing.

How is what Toneart says, "hate"? Sounds like a number of people throwing the "hate" stuff out just because someone questions what they say. Typical I guess.
bajacamper
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2015 at 02:05 PM

Ya want detail huh. All those "scientists" making theses computer predictions are wearing white coats with name tags. Credible? You betcha!!
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2015 at 03:58 PM

Here is the cofounder of GreenPeace discussing the importance of CO2 in the atmosphere.

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-28-2015 at 04:26 PM

uh yeah...co-founder of Greenpeace and lobbyist for the forest industry...traitor....correction....sell out

[Edited on 7-29-2015 by shari]

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2015 at 04:39 PM

Everything he says is true. However he did not address the greenhouse effect caused by CO2. What about that?

Is he saying CO2 is a good thing therefore more is better?

Consider this. Nobody argues that O2, oxygen, is a necessary gas. Of course it is. O2 is 21% of the atmosphere. We couldn't live without it. Would 31% be a bad thing? Think about how much easier it would be to breathe. Folks with bad lungs would love it.

Could more of it be a bad thing?

Ask a forest fire fighter or any fire fighter for that matter. He'd say yup, we don't want anymore O2 in the air. The forests/cities would burn down lickity split. More O2, the hotter the fire.

Likewise, there's an optimum amount of CO2. Too much, the ice melts and things get way too hot for us humans.

If he's arguing that global warming isn't happening, he's really unconvincing. Which makes me wonder. What is the point he's trying to make?

[Edited on 7-29-2015 by SFandH]
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.