Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  82    84    86  ..  93
Author: Subject: Turtle bust
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2010 at 09:21 PM

This belongs with the thread "How to tell when someone's drowning".

Seriously.

This must be what it's like.
noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2010 at 09:25 PM

Looked like a bad acid trip on the movies to me...:light:

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 7-19-2010 at 09:37 PM

pretty cool, who put the camera on the turtle..? and the water is really clear.. really ... maybe a horror movie.. the "return of the Turtle"

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2010 at 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ramuma53
The question is who are going to be the sea turtles ??????:?:

Or the dead and alive Eddy who want to live under a palm tree in Baja.

Who want to be Olivia ????????:lol:

[Edited on 7-20-2010 by ramuma53]

Turtles, no problem.. all done in high end graphics .. Avatar

As for someone under a palm tree in Baja.. if we give him little lines and have Tecate as a sponsor... that takes care of that...

But, Olivia.. now that poses a real problem... should be Mexican.. beautiful, and really hot and ready for a really difficult part, with many facets to the personality... my self ... thinking along the lines of the Salma Hayek who play (Santanico Pandemonium) and dances to the music of Tito & Tarantula in the movie "Dusk to Dawn" a Quentin Tarantino film.. if you whish we could leave in the vampires.. as seems to be a lot of blood suckers in the Real Estate business, both here and in the United States... :lol::lol:

[Edited on 7-20-2010 by wessongroup]

noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2010 at 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
Quote:
Originally posted by ramuma53
The question is who are going to be the sea turtles ??????:?:

Or the dead and alive Eddy who want to live under a palm tree in Baja.

Who want to be Olivia ????????:lol:

[Edited on 7-20-2010 by ramuma53]

Turtles, no problem.. all done in high end graphics .. Avatar

As for someone under a palm tree in Baja.. if we give him little lines and have Tecate as a sponsor... that takes care of that...

But, Olivia.. now that poses a really problem... should be Mexican.. beautiful, and really hot and ready for a really difficult part, with many facets to the personality... my self ... thinking along the lines of the Salma Hayek who play (Santanico Pandemonium) and dances to the music of Tito & Tarantula in the movie "Dusk to Dawn" a Quentin Tarantino film.. if you whish we could leave in the vampires.. as seems to be a lot of blood suckers in the Real Estate business, both here and in the United States... :lol::lol:

Perhaps G J could weigh in with a chefs suggestion to play Olivia??? Blood sucking vampires Realtors could suggest a few names..............you dancing now that I'd pay to see !!!!:lol::lol::lol:

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2010 at 08:09 AM

Good one.. that would be ... oh my gwad... what a sight.. :lol::lol::lol:

thanks I needed that.. :):)

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-20-2010 at 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
Quote:
Originally posted by David K

............... the walls and sleeping circles that Choral Pepper (on an Erle Stanley Gardner expedition) in 1966 photographed and believed was a lost mission project, depicted on a Jesuit 1757 map, but never completed.

Well well well. Very interesting.

Can you show us the map and info?

I guess you were wrong David,

THE PLACE IS SIGNIFICANT!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, it can be seen... you saw it, but asked me if it was the site... I drove nearly 500 miles to confirm it was the same as I had showed with the 1966 photos on the Internet for many years at VivaBaja.com. It was Choral's wish that I re-find the site she saw in '66, it was most wonderful that you shared a Google Earth image that seemed to be a wall after my many years of searching (with others of Nomad, as well) had yet to find... I asked how you would like to be mentioned in the article I would be writing as the initial re-discoverer of the 1966 discovery. It really is a shame that you changed your positive involvement in this fun find. I went to the lead area archeologist to see if there was anything significant or warrented secrecy, via phone (thanks to connection help from Barry A)... There was no reason given to me to not share the site. I also sent the details Dr. Mathes, considered the lead authority on Baja missions... he had no comeback. Another published mission historian said there is no eveidence that the mission proposed site on the 1757 map ever was started, let alone occupied.

It was a site important only to Choral and fans of her book and magazine... Archeologists and other published historians see it differently... The site remains there for Pepper fans and history fans to enjoy and theorize the wall's purpose. It is significant as another mystery of the desert, of which there are many... No reason that all who wish to see it should be denied... http://vivabaja.com/109

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 7-21-2010 at 05:25 AM

David K. Keep your contributions coming. Yea that guy accused me of deleting my posts on another topic, said it was "chickens--t". I've never deleted any posts. Maybe his happy hours haven't been too happy?
rgbajabob

[*] posted on 7-21-2010 at 09:44 AM

Back to the turtle thread.....I know I promised more info. on the issues in Munoz land, I am trying to contact some of the American homeowners who had houses on that beach...some of them live in the San Diego area, I want to hear their stories if they will tell me. But they may not due to fear of the last folks there being evicted....they were, at one time about 6 of them and I believe they are down to two now.....In a nutshell about 90% of Munoz's "facts" are not true, and most documents are invalid. You don't see anything from Olivia and her husband as they have been advised not to try their case in public. All cases are still in court, and all the criminal cases were started by Munoz and his employee's...All of them...just ask around town and see who supports who..... Still reading all the previous posts by folks...if you take the time you will see many, many, false statements by Munoz. It's funny that he just blabs on and on and some folks take what he says as truth....All he cares about is $$$$, Again ask around town. You can count his supporters on one hand and have fingers left over......hope to have more soon.......R.G.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2010 at 10:13 AM

and to think it had made it off page one... think some don't want it to die.. and are we back to square one again?

tell us just what case are we talking about? which can not be discussed.. or is that something that can't be discussed either? is there more than one case.. does it involve land, or turtles? or is it over movie rights?

After thought.. don't try in "public" but, you are suggesting to go down and "talk in public" about the case.. you don't see any conflict there.. curious.. or are you suggesting.. "statements" be obtained from everyone in town.. to verify events? or just "talk"

[Edited on 7-21-2010 by wessongroup]

[Edited on 7-21-2010 by wessongroup]

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2010 at 10:23 AM

Rgbajabob,

Please collect your evidence and come back and present it. Rafael has presented his proof now it's your turn! It's easy to lambaste someone from behind a keyboard so please feel free to come out in the open so we can know who you are and provide your proof. Thank you!

David

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2010 at 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R

It's easy to lambaste someone from behind a keyboard ....
David

Rafa ought to know! He's been doing it for months now.

Just goes to show you that the loudest are always believed the most.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2010 at 12:47 PM

back to square one

noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2010 at 01:25 PM

Well guess we could start a poll and see who is where on this.........

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2010 at 01:38 PM

sounds like as many facts as on the topic of this post!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
Quote:

............... the walls and sleeping circles that Choral Pepper (on an Erle Stanley Gardner expedition) in 1966 photographed and believed was a lost mission project, depicted on a Jesuit 1757 map, but never completed.

Well well well. Very interesting.

Can you show us the map and info?

I guess you were wrong David,

THE PLACE IS SIGNIFICANT!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, it can be seen... you saw it, but asked me if it was the site... I drove nearly 500 miles to confirm it was the same as I had showed with the 1966 photos on the Internet for many years at VivaBaja.com. It was Choral's wish that I re-find the site she saw in '66, it was most wonderful that you shared a Google Earth image that seemed to be a wall after my many years of searching (with others of Nomad, as well) had yet to find... I asked how you would like to be mentioned in the article I would be writing as the initial re-discoverer of the 1966 discovery. It really is a shame that you changed your positive involvement in this fun find. I went to the lead area archeologist to see if there was anything significant or warrented secrecy, via phone (thanks to connection help from Barry A)... There was no reason given to me to not share the site. I also sent the details Dr. Mathes, considered the lead authority on Baja missions... he had no comeback. Another published mission historian said there is no eveidence that the mission proposed site on the 1757 map ever was started, let alone occupied.

It was a site important only to Choral and fans of her book and magazine... Archeologists and other published historians see it differently... The site remains there for Pepper fans and history fans to enjoy and theorize the wall's purpose. It is significant as another mystery of the desert, of which there are many... No reason that all who wish to see it should be denied... http://vivabaja.com/109
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2010 at 01:57 PM

I'm staying put in what I believe until additional credible evidence is provided to the contrary. Thank you for your patience with me. David

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2010 at 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rgbajabob
I want to hear their stories if they will tell me. But they may not due to fear of the last folks there being evicted....they were, at one time about 6 of them and I believe they are down to two now.....In a nutshell about 90% of Munoz's "facts" are not true, and most documents are invalid.

If Munoz's "facts" are not true then why are these people being evicted? I agree that his documents seem to support his claim ownership of the land.

However, the manner in which Mr Munoz has been trashing Mark and Olivia on this thread with unsupported accusations is really reprehensible. He claims to be a civilized and learned individual but has shown neither with his remarks. It has been very disappointing to see this allowed to occur on this board for so long. The 2 neighbors should have settled the issues amongst themselves and then posted the outcome. We don't want to read about their sordid affairs. The supposed "trial" here on this thread, with it's gathering of evidence, is pathetic. This so called objective 'investigation' is nothing more than titillation over other people's misfortunes. About as satisfying as examining a road kill.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 7-21-2010 at 07:15 PM

Igor..maybe if we all hit the 'Report' button at the same time...?

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2010 at 07:31 PM

[Edited on 7-22-2010 by desertcpl]

reset.bmp - 28kB
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2010 at 08:08 PM

I just got a U2U on my reset button,

no I dont want to go back and start this thing again ,, I was just really replying to what Pampano was saying about the report button

Pages:  1  ..  82    84    86  ..  93

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.