Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  83    85    87  ..  93
Author: Subject: Turtle bust
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 7-21-2010 at 10:40 PM

SkipJackjoe
I see that you start to accept facts, but keep raising doubts that do not exist.

You say unsupported accusations, but the sea turtle accusation on Olivia is not unsupported, she was caught by 4 different Federal government agencies together with the big pot on her hands.

On the other accusations she has under investigation, she accepted having committed the crimes on her first statements then changed, that is why she is also being prosecuted for lying to the authority.

On the drug unloading, 2 intelligence officials together witnessed one of those unloading and reported the fact.

On the injuries with intent to kill to Jimmy, just see the scars on his scalp to see how unsupported are the accusations.

Also, remember that a few days ago, an intent to avoid Eddy showing before Federal Authorities, including faking his dead, a rumor started by Olivia; well, he just finished with 3 days of heavy interrogatories before several Federal Authorities, everything on Olivia and her drug partners; he ended almost a ghost but finished giving the statements, now he is going under federal protection so we may never hear from him again.

Do all of this sound like unsupported accusations to a nice lady?????:?:

The end is near and everybody knows it except Olivia and Narc.

Just keep reading this a little more and we will have the movie finishing with the bad guys going down as always, I just hope only the bad guys.
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 7-21-2010 at 10:51 PM

A lot of people are looking at this as a bad horror movie and even suggesting we make a movie out of it, just remember that reality is always more fantastic than fiction and that the worst of the horror movies are based on real facts.

Sorry bit this is reality happening right now, we may latter do a movie, but for this moment it is reality and as today, a new accusation is starting on Narc for poisoning the Hotel water supply yesterday; the good part is that we caught the intent, he put a dead raccoon in a closed water tank but we had witnesses.

Looks like a shallow act, but he put in jeopardy the life of a French couple guests at the hotel, but we have our safety checks and we caught it before it had grave consequences this time.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2010 at 02:02 PM

Ahhh Cypress. Not much to say to a bigot, sorry. Deleting such posts is your biz. You're just sore that some saw your bias remarks, oh and that Obama is YOUR president now!:lol::lol: Oh btw, I don't drink booze, sorry again.:lol::lol:

" was a lost mission project, depicted on a Jesuit 1757 map, but never completed"

David, until you quit expressing the find as an historic Jesuit site as you say is noted on an old map, I'll stop bothering you for the source of your comment. :smug:

Mr Munoz. As a lawyer yer already considered a shark and your case in cyberland here was lost when that was divulged. That means nobody , well almost nobody will give you the benefit of being honest. Do you trust sharks?

Public opinion I am afraid, will not be on your side in any argument here. Just a sad fact of life. Had you not been a lawyer you would probably have more believers, hence, favorable public opinion. It seems to me that all that matters here, with you, is your message, not the feedback you claim to be enjoying.

I know this hurts to hear and hard to say, but nobody trusts a lawyer. I've been taught that lawyers are just professional liars. A word you use liberally here . Frankly it's your kind of ilk that has kept me from putting much time into this forum.

The lengthy diatribe and resulting war going on in this thread is anything but what I originally joined for. I don't put much distance between this type of banter and DKs' or Cypress' pathetic political rhetoric. It's done nothing to unite Nomads. Why would someone want to hang with or party with people who despise others for their political preference or who are called names repeatedly. I'll admit though, you sometimes do sound like a lawyer

JMHO No need for rebuke.

Now with that I wish you all ado. Say g'nite Irene.......... G'nite Irene.

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-22-2010 at 04:02 PM

Because the Jesuit map showed 3 'started missions' and only one (Dolores del Norte/ Santa Gertrudis) was actually built, makes it interesting as a 'possibility'... But, historians agree absolutely no evidence that the two other missions were ever started... That doesn't stop people from seeking the Lost Santa Clara mission (San Juan Bautista, near Punta Abreojos) or from Choral believing the site they found in 1966 in the region where Miguel Venegas put 'Santa Maria Magdalena' on his map, may have been a started mission.

What is important that we enjoy Baja, and travel there to fulfill our desires... and that HELPS the local economy!

[Edited on 7-23-2010 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 7-22-2010 at 06:13 PM

Sharksbaja, You are wrong about me deleting posts. If disagreeing with your political viewpoint makes me a bigot, I'll were that label proudly.:biggrin:
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 7-22-2010 at 10:03 PM

Sharkbaja and David K
Is what you are doing to steal a thread???

Is that the way you pretend to lay another smoke screen on the facts???

Nice try but as you know, this thread has a life of its own, you are not the first ones to try it.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 7-23-2010 at 09:24 AM

Yeah, Rafael is right about that one. Not even the Sports Illustrated Bikini models were able to hijack this thread...

:lol::lol::lol:

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2010 at 09:41 AM

Agreeing with BajaGringo...:lol::lol::lol:

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 7-23-2010 at 10:19 AM

Oh, by the way... who's judge in this "trial".. didn't know one was in session at this time.. and if it were a trial it would not be handled in this manner in Mexico.. this is from an article from the Wall Street Journal:

"In the Mexican judicial system, testimony isn't given in an open courtroom before a jury, but in office cubicles in front of lawyers. Typically, neither the judge nor the defendant is present. The judge rules based on the transcript and case file."...

If this is incorrect please advise.. as I have never been in court in Mexico, and would prefer not to have that pleasure... based on this information

Also.. don't see that it should all that hard to support ones position with "facts" in a discussion that involves the loss of: personal property, human rights, personal freedoms, and physical attacks with personal injury..

To not require,in a situation like in this thread, support for statements without ............... something.. Again "where is the beef"!!

People put up "video", links, complete articles and other things to "support" what they are saying to show it is true and correct...

I just found out this morning, that a post which was put up was in fact not true.. the individual contacted me off the board to explain the post.. I missed the fact that the object of this post was rather to make a point.. which it did once it was explained to me.... as we don't have a reference point on what is true and what is not ... on a "board"..

One can and does say just about anything here.. in some cases it just goes by.. and on down the road.. on others ... like this one.. it does not just go on down the road..

As for me I came in very late to this thread.. and had no idea what was being talked about, and asked for a synopsis and then for individuals who were making accusations to support their positions with some kind of "documentation" ... "documentation" becomes evidence in court..

I have never suggested that an investigation was on going, perhaps the concept was introduced by the screen name of that crazyass Marine ... and I don't believe he said he was conducting an investigation either, rather stated he could not in Mexico ... and was also looking for supporting documentation.. if I miss speak his position I apologize ...

And for me.. "hijack" .... no problem ..... having two or three or four different threads within one is not all that hard to go with.. plus I'm learning again.. this time about the history of Baja.. but, from a religious standpoint.. thanks to all..

I find the thread useful in many ways too... which has been stated before by others including myself.. and again I don't have a horse in this race..

Just like to find out what is going on...

And lastly.. some folks pickup roadkill and use it for dinner.. and they don't mind or find it a waste of time examining a "roadkill".... now if you do... now that would seem to be your problem.. not others... but, it is noted.. some do not like: supportive documentation, accurate information, factual statements, but do like misdirection, ad hominem attacks.. and generalized statements which uses the Royal "WE" ... once again we are moving into something which has implications and which many find disturbing, much as you apparently do also...

As for me.. I find it interesting and continue to learn about this situation, and take notes..

I have nothing but time on my hands.. and find this thread along with many others, informative, humorous, insightful, sad, giving reasons to be thankful, provide happiness, and many other things..

Thanks to all.. a great wealth of information and thoughts from many folks with a world of life experiences coupled with some pretty good brains too...

Feel lucky to have stumbled onto this site, from CityData.. and another one.. someone suggested I check out..

It's all good.. and it is going to be a really nice day in Baja north.. in the 70's with cool moist air..

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2010 at 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Yeah, Rafael is right about that one. Not even the Sports Illustrated Bikini models were able to hijack this thread...

What we need here is another release of the "Tiger" on the womanhood of America.... that one worked pretty good...

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 7-23-2010 at 04:03 PM

noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2010 at 04:43 PM

:spingrin::spingrin:

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2010 at 05:17 PM

guess you just have to use the right bait..

ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 8-12-2010 at 08:50 PM

Have any of you, noticed that nobody answered about the sales on http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=42612&pag...

Clearly this is what we want to avoid and a clear usefulness for this thread, to advice people about possible scams on buying land in Baja.
This one was uncovered fast.

Concerning the way Mexican courts work you are 1/2 right only.

Yes the court is usually a very small room where only a secretary attends the attorneys and in civil cases you usually do not even attend your court appointment, only your attorney.

This is because the system is different, in Mexico the judge is also the one who decide who has the legal reason, in your courts you have a jury who make that decision; clearly Mexican courts relay too mucho on the judge and that is a clear problem, because they are not exactly an honesty example and if one of the parties has money to spend under the table, the decision will go that way, does not matter who has the reason.

It is a difficult arena for an attorney, because you have to deal with that fact of life and advise your client about it; you want to win, it will cost you, if you have legal reason on your side, it will be less expensive, because if you are wrong, it will cost you more, but if you pay the price, you win.

That with normal people, but if you have political power, it is more valuable than money or at least it will be less expensive for you.

We have been trying to go around that problem for decades, but we see no light at the end of the tunnel, it is business as usual in courts at all levels.

Also if you know the system and you know how to it works, you can usually obligate the judge to become honest, at least for a few days while he makes your ruling.
This bring you to a fact of life, if you are going to court, you better pick the right attorney, one with the knowledge, with political power and the right friends at high places.
If you pick the wrong one, it does not matter if you are right and the law says you are right, you will pay a lot and loose at the end.

Another big problem in Mexico is that attorneys are not very honest also; they usually sell the cases or get together to take both clients the long and expensive way while they share the money.

It is a real art to go to court in Mexico.

I have always said that I am an engineer who studied law to protect myself from my own attorneys.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2010 at 05:25 AM

Rafael, thank you for the insight of Mexico's legal system. God, I hope I never have to us it. :lol:

Edit: Spelling...

[Edited on 8-13-2010 by ELINVESTIG8R]

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 8-13-2010 at 05:51 AM

If Rafael's post regarding Mexico's legal system is accurate, I'm very thankful for not having to deal with it.
Lobsterman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2010 at 07:00 AM

Your following grows.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 8-13-2010 at 09:51 AM

I have not read this entire thread, nor do I intend to, but the last post by ramuma53 got my attention and is worth a comment. I agree with the info about Mexico's legal system. Been there, done that..a few times over the last 35 years..both winning and losing.

I could write a book ..and most likely will when I get the time. :light:

"God, Mr. Gomez, and the Judge?"

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 8-13-2010 at 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
I have not read this entire thread, nor do I intend to, but the last post by ramuma53 got my attention and is worth a comment. I agree with the info about Mexico's legal system. Been there, done that..a few times over the last 35 years..both winning and losing.

I could write a book ..and most likely will when I get the time. :light:

"God, Mr. Gomez, and the Judge?"

Oh, go ahead and read the whole thread, Roger. It is better than any novel you could read. Put this together with your personal experience and you have a guaranteed blockbuster of a book!

However, I do believe that you will have an even better book if you compile the travelogues and photos you have posted here through the years. :yes:

Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 8-13-2010 at 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
[
Oh, go ahead and read the whole thread, Roger. It is better than any novel you could read. Put this together with your personal experience and you have a guaranteed blockbuster of a book!

However, I do believe that you will have an even better book if you compile the travelogues and photos you have posted here through the years. :yes:

Good Grief, Charlie Brown! Tony, you've got to be kidding, right? There's 86 pages of this stuff to wade through! I don't have that much Pacifico and Patron on hand.

Just give me the one-paragraph synopsis, okay? And as for writing and publishing about Baja, I'm waiting for a couple remaining survivors to expire before exposing them to the world. By the way, how's your health these days? :rolleyes:

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
 Pages:  1  ..  83    85    87  ..  93

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.