Author: Subject: Turtle bust
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2010 at 07:11 AM
I ONLY HAVE FOUR PAGES!

What am I missing out on?

BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 10-10-2010 at 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R

What am I missing out on?

'g8r...you're missing out on NOTHING! but you already know that. Did you set your default to 500 posts per page? :lol:

And thanks wesson, chiles do liven up everything. Even turtle soup, I would imagine. Cannot say from personal experience, and will not ever knowingly....(unless things change drastically for the tortuga in the future...) I wouldn't taint my chiles by posting them in this thread.

BUT! you are right in that some may get a laugh out of the brother-in-law......

keep your eyes open, will probably have to post in OT~

[Edited on 10-11-2010 by BajaNuts]

rpleger
Super Nomad

Mood: Was good.

[*] posted on 10-12-2010 at 09:59 AM

I this thread still going on? I'll check back next year.

Richard on the Hill

*ABROAD*, adj. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to
be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable.
-- Ambrose Bierce, _The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary_
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 10-28-2010 at 12:34 PM

Just an update
The Federal Judge on the turtle killings is ready to rule on the following facts:

Maria Olivia Higuera Aguilar accepted possession of the dead turtles and accept she was cooking and serving the sea turtle for some undisclosed clients inside her restaurant, she was charging for the service, she knew it was sea turtle and a forbidden food to serve.
All her claims about someone having set her up, are gone because the marines, who caught her, declared that they caught her, trying to run out the back door, with the sea turtle soup pot on her own hands, they confiscated parts of the sea turtle in the garbage container that belong to the restaurant and the valuable shells on the back of her pick up.
They also declared that the operation was a multi office task force that every year review restaurants to catch poachers and it has Marines from the Mexican Navy, Fisheries officials and Federal Agents and all declared the same; they also declared that they caught sea turtle only on another Mulege Restaurant.
She is trying to appeal to the judge about being first time offender to reduce her sentence, but the judge know she was sentenced a few years back for fraud against Mr. and Mrs. Christ and never complied with the ruling about returning the defrauded money, he know she has several charges pending on criminal court and some of them for robbery with violence and she confessed to them to the police very cynically.
It is very possible she will be out of sight for several years because we know the judge knows he is being very closely watched.

As soon as we have the sentence we will post it here because we know the dead sea turtles are watching and that is why this thread is so long and it may reach to eternity.
Bajatripper
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2010 at 12:54 PM

Hasn't this case been settled yet? Wake us up AFTER the judge has ruled. Anything else is pure speculation. yawn
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 10-28-2010 at 01:07 PM

That is what I am trying now Bajatripper
Rulling yet to come out, but the proved facts are already out, becuase the period to add proff, just closed, so no more information will be able to affect the judge rulling, they cleared out all the false statements and the only thing left was the proved facts, that is what the judge will rule on.
Byron
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2010 at 01:24 PM

Our savior

140c[1].gif - 4kB
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2010 at 01:25 PM

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-28-2010 at 03:20 PM

Of course, turtles are being eaten all over Mexico for holiday feasts or survival... but they don't have legal title to land 'Rafael' wants... and is doing everything he can to take. If 'turtle saving' is his goal, why persist on one turtle's death when his energy could be saving hundreds in other places?

So, he persists here because a couple of you won't listen to the people who live around Bahia Concepcion and know the truth, or to fellow Nomads who have met Mark and Olivia.

He really should spend his energy fixing up the mess of a motel, he has next door! Why ruin a good and successful business when you can't even run the one you have??? I wish I could go to Playa Buenaventura more and spend more at Mark and Olivia's restaurant... they provide a good product and service to Baja travelers... Unlike their neighbor who lives hundreds of miles away and uses lies and stories to try and force them off land he wants... while his motel is in bad disrepair from the latest reports.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 10-28-2010 at 05:04 PM

Please stop this topic , anyone concur ? :?:
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2010 at 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ligui
Please stop this topic , anyone concur ? :?:

I would concur, except now if sounds like there is going to be a conclusion very soon----well maybe, well maybe not, well who knows.

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2010 at 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
He really should spend his energy fixing up the mess of a motel, he has next door! Why ruin a good and successful business when you can't even run the one you have???

Perhaps Mr. Munoz has greater plans for the future.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2010 at 11:01 PM

Rafael I am in this for the long haul. Don't listen to the Naysayers.You keep posting because you have as much right to be here posting as any other Baja Nomadian. I look forward to your future posts.

David Elinvestig8r M.

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 10-29-2010 at 05:40 AM

Guilty! Heck! I'm sure we'll be informed of the sentence.
KAT54
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2010 at 10:07 AM

Will Mano Negro tell us if he loses?
Where will Olivia go?
Where will Mark go?
Where will you be able to get soup?
Are they going to jail?
Who is going to run their place?
Are they selling?
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 10-29-2010 at 10:11 AM

David K
Your bad intentions show up clearly, but I can assure you that I do not want title to any other land, I already have mine and I have put it her for everybody to see, so it is clear I do need or want any other land, so your comment is clearly bad intentioned.
The only way to end turtle killings, is not by just condone every past killing and look for new ones, but to prosecute the ones that were caught and this is the case for Olivia Higuera Aguilar and I think this is logical for every people here, but you sound like you are one of the people who used to eat illegal turtle at Olivia´s restaurant, and, remember that then, you are as guilty as she is.
You call a good and successful business a restaurant that was caught selling sea turtle? Well that show your skewed perception of legality and justice; that may only come from a people who try to justify his own actions and that mean you surely are one of her sea turtle soup usual clients.
It is a very serious business to accuse of lying specially when you are the one trying to defend a cause most people her do not condone, because I have demonstrated here that I am not the one lying and you should know that there is no land conflict now between Olivia and me, she occupy only the Federal Zone strip that I do not use while I legally own the land beside the strip.
My problem with her as a neighbor is a simple one:
I do not like drug dealers and she sells drugs there and you should know as one of her customers.
I do not like people unloading drugs to cross my property and I am obligated to denounce it or it may be perceived as if I were part of it and surely I am not part of it and she do it every 20 days.
I do not like people killing and selling sea turtles or any endangered species, I like to scuba dive and see the marine life, not eat it in a soup.
Those are my conflicts with her, not the land problem that everyone tries use as cover to justify her presence there.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2010 at 10:38 AM

Man are you ever full of it... but that's my opinion.

I am still waiting to see photos of the Mexican navy ship you said was anchored offshore to watch Mark and Olivia... or maybe your motel next door?

How many days out of the year are you even there? It is what, some 700 miles from your home?:?:

Leave good people alone, treat others the way you want to be treated.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2010 at 10:41 AM

I tell you what... if you can provide any facts here (photos, whatever) that anything you have said about Mark and Olivia are true... I will apologize and remaove all my posts in this thread. OK?:light:

ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 10-29-2010 at 10:49 AM

Cypress and Kat54
Do not worry, Olivia would tell you if I lose anything in one second and on the Sud Californiano´s first page , but I am not the one subjected to any criminal investigation or trial, so you may have to wait a long time to hear something like that from her, specially because:
You are right, the conclusion is here:
OLIVIA HIGUERA AGUILAR AND PARTNERS IN CRIME, have been sentenced to 12 years in jail for the turtle killings ( Federal Penal cause 87/2009, Federal Court La Paz B.C.S.) as many of you know, but as any criminal, she had rights, so she asked for the federal law protection (Juicio de amparo 1257/2009) but it was denied on February 3, 2010 and ordered to serve the jail sentence, but she made an appeal and the order was reviewed and the trial reinitiated on February 12, 2010.
The Federal judge after reviewing and considering that it is a very grave crime and committed by a felon that has been convicted of other crimes and never served her sentence to repay the defrauded money and is at this time, subjected to several criminal investigations for violent crimes freely confessed by her, denied the Federal Justice protection for her, so before the ruling was executed, she did the only thing left for her to do, she backed up and asked The Federal Judge to ignore her appeal petition, ACCEPTING HER GUILT, to try to reduce the jail period and this happened on October 18/2010 and her Federal Justice protection petition 1257/2009 was denied formally anyway.
THE ORDER TO SERVE JAIL IS UP NOW and an order for her custody and imprisonment issued to all kinds of law enforcement units is out, but we know that several Estate policemen have been visiting her at her house (documented in video), at this time she no longer appear at the restaurant and OLIVIA HIGUERA AGUILAR IS OFFICIALLY A CONVICTED CRIMINAL ON THE RUN.
The formal imprisonment order is not only against her, but against all people involved and that mean her cook also and as we know, it may also be against Mark Jerome Burbey as an accomplice to a federal crime.
As all of you know, I never say anything I do not have solid proof on my hand and if you need and can read Spanish, I can publish the legal orders here.
Well, those sea turtles were not as defenseless as many of you thought and Mexico is not as crooked as many of you also think.
The only reason Mexico is today the mess we see, is because of people like David K that would like every kind of crime condoned, including drug trafficking and nature destruction, just because they like the product of crime, meaning a little recreational drugs and turtle soup, but if you want to keep doing it, please do it at your home, not mine.

[Edited on 10-29-2010 by ramuma53]
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 10-29-2010 at 10:55 AM

David K
Are those hard enough facts for you? Or do you want to wait until we show the Olivia´s and Mark jail pictures.

[Edited on 10-29-2010 by ramuma53]
 Pages:  1  ..  87    89    91  ..  93

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.