Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  87    89    91  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
Sidamone
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2014 at 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCalPattonCrew
Dear Nomads: Do any of you know if there is a mechanic in Catavina? Or a tire shop? We are trying to ensure that if the car needs repair whether there are any folks in town that could help us with the car.

Regarding some comments here, the idea of enlisting the cowboys is a solid one that we have been investigating. LL is assisting us with this effort.

We might ask if there could be some refrain in feeling the need to share gruesome and graphic details relating to lost souls and how they are found, because it does not offer any value to us; we are already dealing with our worst fears.

Thank you for all the well-wishes on our behalf.

If you could somehow manage to acquire a 1972 Ford for your trip, you could rest assured of mechanical help anyplace, and I do mean anyplace, in Baja. Mexicans are the world's best mechanics, or were, until computerized systems threw them a monkey wrench. Catavina had an excellent shop last time I had to have someone get underneath my van with a hammer.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2014 at 02:49 PM

Quote:
Dear Nomads: Do any of you know if there is a mechanic in Catavina? Or a tire shop?

I wouldn't be worrying too much about the mechanics of the vehicle since it ran well enough to bury itself.

Now...tires? There are more tire shops...llanteras.....in Baja than grocery stores.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-2-2014 at 04:45 PM

Yes, there is (or was)... usually any community of more than a dozen in Baja has a mechanic!

Neal Johns can break a Toyota like nobody I know! From his photo web page: http://vivabaja.com/neal2/page6.html

If anyone can... a Mexi-can! Hooray for Catavina's mechanic, Pancho!
Pancho had a bigger tool than any of the gringos!

Here is Marian's story that include's Pancho: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=56999

[Edited on 5-2-2014 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaRun
Nomad

Mood: Just Cruisin'

[*] posted on 5-3-2014 at 07:08 AM

I drove past Catavina yesterday. I saw the 4 runner sitting at the police station. It appeared to have a flat left (driver side) front tire.

[Edited on 5-3-2014 by BajaRun]
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2014 at 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr

hahaha well you know woody you have a point there...so called thrill seekers!! And people die from thrill seeking as well. But as Neil Young said, it's better to burn out than to fade away!!

Yes, and Pugachov said "I would rather live 30 years like an eagle than 100 years like a crow"
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2014 at 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRun
I drove past Catavina yesterday. I saw the 4 runner sitting at the police station. It appeared to have a flat left (driver side) front tire.

[Edited on 5-3-2014 by BajaRun]
seems I recall a picture of the car with the spare mounted, the family might want to bring an extra along.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 5-3-2014 at 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Quote:

hahaha well you know woody you have a point there...so called thrill seekers!! And people die from thrill seeking as well. But as Neil Young said, it's better to burn out than to fade away!!

Yes, and Pugachov said "I would rather live 30 years like an eagle than 100 years like a crow"

I think Pugachov got it wrong. Give me 100 years with the intelligence of a human child, with the ability to play tricks on my friends and build and use tools. Flying is about the only thing a dumb eagle has in common with a crow. (Oh, they both eat dead animals, but then so do humans.) :lol:

[Edited on 5-3-2014 by vgabndo]

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2014 at 02:35 PM

I'm guessing the battery will be dead. Goodness only knows how long it has been since the truck was started and there is always a trickle drain on an unused battery.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 5-3-2014 at 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips

When they do go in May and the rancher is not there then how will know exactly where the vehicle was found abandoned and do their own search?

This trip in May is sounding more like a vehicle recovery operation.

What else can it be without the rancher accompanying them to the site where the vehicle was found? You cant just start combing the peninsula from SQ to Catavina.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-3-2014 at 04:14 PM

It looks like from the last comment of the family that Lizard Lips will be investigating some vaqueros from the area who hopefully can contact the rancher and figure out exactly where to search.
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2014 at 07:21 PM

Quote:
It looks like from the last comment of the family that Lizard Lips will be investigating some vaqueros from the area who hopefully can contact the rancher and figure out exactly where to search.

Please back off this thread. You have nothing to contribute.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-3-2014 at 07:46 PM

Really?? I think I do. The family said my contribution about the horseback searchers was helpful. So I take my direction from the family and no one else Bajadogs. Guess what. I will say what I want when I want unless I am directed from the moderator or the family to stop. They already stated they didn't want gruesome details so I have backed off on that. Have a wonderful Cinco de Mayo.
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2014 at 11:13 PM

Dearest Nomads, I neglected to realize the downtime am/pm, and had a panic attack thinking I could've lost all your input when I could not login. Hope that makes you laugh a little. For me, it was not funny.. absolute panic attack. All this time it never occurred to me to save the invaluable information you have so freely offered us here.

As a result, I would besiege anyone here who knows how to copy all of "MiISSING G.RY PATTON" & "STILL MISSING..." postings to any media, somehow/somewhere, please advise as to how, or please do so for us. God only knows how long we may need this invaluable information for, and going forward, and this is my only record of our activities thru this nightmare that truly tracks in writing all of what has transpired. My personal records have relied on this info and converse here, so please respond someone.

Thank you All.. and God bless you from me, K
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2014 at 01:25 AM

Quote:

As a result, I would besiege anyone here who knows how to copy all of "MiISSING G.RY PATTON" & "STILL MISSING..." postings to any media, somehow/somewhere, please advise as to how, or please do so for us.

I would suggest reviewing the contents, cutting and pasting the pertinent [to you] entries to a safe place on your computer. You shouldn't end up with too much information.....only a fraction of what has been put up here. :light:

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-5-2014 at 07:51 AM

Doug won't let Nomad die... not yet anyway. It was offline for part of a day while he was working on new features for it, that's all.

As for how to save the few good replies in this thread: Open a Word or Works file or even an email to yourself, and copy and paste any replies you want to save for yourself. You can then print them. Or, just go through the thread and print any replies you want to without first saving them to a file...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2014 at 07:55 AM

To print a page, use the link on upper left of any page `` printable version``

sdraul

[*] posted on 5-5-2014 at 08:04 AM

Try this: click on "printable version" as stated in the post above. Then right click on the text and pick "Print"...that should bring up a printer section. from there pick "save as pdf"....that will save a file to your computer...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2014 at 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willyAirstream
To print a page, use the link on upper left of any page `` printable version``

90 times??

sdraul

[*] posted on 5-5-2014 at 11:33 AM

Not sure if you do it 90 times...I tried it on a one page post....copy and paste to a word document may work better...

[Edited on 5-5-2014 by sdraul]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2014 at 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sdraul
Not sure if you do it 90 times...I tried it on a one page post....copy and paste to a word document may work better...

I was just thinken if they wanted a copy of the thread, there are 90 pages to deal with.
If they limit the copying to pages with good info, the task would be much shorter.

Pages:  1  ..  87    89    91  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.