Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11
Author: Subject: The Villages of Loreto Bay
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 11-26-2004 at 02:35 PM

Phil S. or FlyFishing Pam

Got any new photos of how things are progressing??
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2004 at 11:14 AM

"From website, the development looks very attractive. A friend went to a sales seminar and said that looks like the developers have a super track record. Prices seem to reflect upscale & sustainable nature of development. Prices still look cheap relative to comparable quality properties in other beach destinations."

You've bit and swallowed hook, line and sinker.
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 11-30-2004 at 05:23 AM
Loreto Bay

Marie Rose. Passed through your T.S. yesturday on the way home from our two week most enjoyable stay at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach resort. Didn't know directions to your place. Is it sort of 'open house' when your there? Loreto Bay is having another "drawing day" this coming Thursday I'm told. The model home is progressing nicely. The underground utilities work is being completed, and lot leveling for 25 more homes is in progress. I was disappointed to see the Beach Club was "put off", and will check with our friends and see what "that was all about" and report back.
Phil S
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2004 at 06:29 AM
Loreto Bay

Capt. Mike. I've just reread all the L>B> posts. At one time you said that you were going to attend one of the presentations in Scottsdale, and report back your impressions. Did you ever get there?? Also you've mentioned "moving" to another project. Is that 'far out of town"? For three years. Is that a 'start to finish project? Can you say where it is yet? I'm sure JR & Wilderone will be interested in it!!!!!!! Any recent news on how the Johnsons are progressing on their Serenidad Hotel fiasco???? I'm back from Cabo now, so you scheduled for another trip down here?/
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 11-30-2004 at 09:22 AM

Thanks for the update Phil!
Casa Loma is definetly "open house" for any nomads in the area while we are there!! The fifth wheel has limited space but the yard is huge and ideal for any RV's. We will be there Dec 18-Jan 14th and then again in March.:bounce:
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

sad.gif posted on 11-30-2004 at 04:55 PM
hey Phil....

i was in a bad accident wed before thx giving and just got out of the hospital so i didn't make it to mulege like i planned. i'll be in touch probably not before jan sometime.:barf:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

shocked.gif posted on 11-30-2004 at 05:54 PM
Damn Dude !!

Most sorry to hear that and I'm wishing you a speedy recovery!
Phil S
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2004 at 07:39 PM
Capt. Mike Accident

Capt. Mike. Sorry to hear about the accident. Did you total out the airplane? I hope not. Glad you were able to survive. Contact me when your able to start traveling south again. Keep the rabbits foot attached to your key chain.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 11-30-2004 at 07:55 PM
I HOPE FOR YOU A SPEEDY RECOVERY

I HOPE FOR YOU A SPEEDY RECOVERY See you when you get here

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

mad.gif posted on 12-1-2004 at 06:49 AM
naw....tweren't mi avion, pero mi moto

esta "basura"!!

Hell, i walked away from my aerial mishap last dec. , and the plane came thru 97% intact.

An ambulance carted mi nalgas gordo away this time.....But like Ahnold says, "I'll be back."

And yes, it was the other guy's fault.:fire::fire:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Phil S
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2004 at 07:08 AM
Loreto Bay

Rode my bicyclica by the L.B. project yesturday. Much activity, and "model home" is getting it's outside stucco finish at this writing. Several other homes in different states of construction, showing up. Employee of hotel where I had breakfast states hotel reservations for the upcoming "presentation" this Thursday has filled the rooms. Kind of cold right now (65 degrees in the mornings) same temps southern Calif. must be getting. Don't know where this group is coming from. Has been mostly Canadian, but some Californians & Arizona folks have also arrived via 'their chartered aircraft' in the past. Wind has been pretty bad past week I'm told. Sand blown into the street. Probably be swept up before the group arrives, I'm sure. Makes me want to catch a flight to Acapulco where yesturday it was 87 degrees, until this weather changes for the better. No sign of the owner of the projects beachfront home getting started yet!!!!!! Clear blue skies, and 'nippie' out right now. Plenty cold in Canada right now I bet. This will be a 'warming' event for those visitors.
Reeljob
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2004 at 09:55 AM

Gringo Gazette has an article (yeh, I know, take with grain of salt) but it relates to LB postponing Utilities etc.
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 12-1-2004 at 03:36 PM
Nippy?

No Phil, it was 41 degrees this morning, and when I got up at 7am,looked out the bedroom window, all the rooftops were covered with frost! This is in Capistrano beach where I can see the ocean and frost at the same time. I know 65 seems cold to you guys but just put a sweatshirt on and say"I love Baja!" :yes:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2004 at 04:05 PM
It's been about 9 years

since I made snow balls out in front of our house here in Rosarito but it does happen.
29 degrees would expppplllllain our consumption of firewood. I've been afraid to look at a thermometer.
South Baja is sounding better by the chatter!:bounce:
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2004 at 05:47 PM

Regarding the Gringo Gazette article, it's the most accurate appraisal of the project I've read. In the article, Butterfield states:

"'In the short term, we are relying on Fonatur's existing municipal water system including the San Juan aquifer for water and the CFE/Fonatur electrical system and grid for electricity. We centerly can't rely on the existing sewage system because there really isn't one. ... We have agreed with the FederalMinister of Tourism and Fonatur to construct a sewage system next year to meet our requirements.' This next year sewage system seems a bit late, since they have already started building the homes. Usually the grid is installed underground before building begins, but it seems this problem of infrastructure took the developers by surprise. Butterfield goes on to explain, 'In the long term we intend to generate power primarily from renewable resources (wind and solar primarily) that will exceed our consumption but we will still use the existing electrical grid. In terms of water, we will harvest shallow well ground water on a sustainable basis and augment that with desalinization as required to produce 100 percent of our potable water. Right now we are focusing on building the project so that our energy and water needs are minimized.' We walked through their entire project, noting the housing that has been started, but there is no sign that they have even broken ground on these big plans for a desal plant, or even wind and solar plants for electricity. An you can pardeon us for being skeptical about their promise to only harvest ground water that can be replaced, because that doesn't happen anywhere, even with the best of intentions. When these homeowners need water, and it hasn't rained enough this year, the company is going to suck moe water out of the ground and that water table is going to drop. And they have not taken steps to build that multimillion dollar desalinzation plant. ..."

The article goes on to state that Butterfield plans to do a year long environmental baseline study "so we really know what the current conditions are."

NOW they're going to do a study? You can't tell me these people know what they're dealing with. Or have lived up to their promises so far. Toldjaso.
The article is online, starting on page 20.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2004 at 06:01 PM
Now the question is

How many more dupes are going to put their money into the destruction of an environment?
And how much environment will be destroyed in the process of bilking these people looking for a slice of paradise that is disappearing because of their ignorance.
The developers won't care on their way to the bank, that's for damn sure!:fire:
Bajalero
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2004 at 06:19 PM
No question about it .

In my opinion there's gonna be a lot of pi**ed off Canadians. Looks like they're trying to make it look like something by building a structure before any of the other nessecities are installed or procured. Lack of water, no sewer system installed and where's the electricity going to come from. I'll bet their plan is/was to finance the whole deal with deposits. If it doesn't fly the buyers will be S>O>L.. Don't throw away your portable showers just yet!
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2004 at 08:47 AM
Finally!!!

After the first Post on this Subject, there is finally some questions and answers about the "Water"!!!!
Water or Lack of Water stopped Dr. Inogd from finishing the famous "Doctor's Point"
Project 5 miles North of Loreto back in the 60's.
Water held up completion of the Golf course fro 10 years.

Water is now being Trucked to the new Homes North of Loreto.
It takes all Kinds~
\Skeet/Loreto
Phil S
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2004 at 08:19 PM
Latest L.B. offering right now.

Much lime on the L.B. developing areas. Obviously for the benefit of the 165 people who flew down to "inspect" the project. Should be an interesting weekend at the Camino Real Resort where they are staying.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-4-2004 at 01:30 PM
Agua...

I read the Gringo Gazette article and it was well written aside from some snide remarks that are characteristic of that rag. However the point about lack of infrastructure really scares me, and especially water.

We live just outside of town (west) and, along with our neighbors, have water trucked into our property because the city of Loreto does not have financial resources to put in water lines. We also generate our own electricity with solar and gas. As far as electricity generation via solar technology, that is easily do-able here given the number of solar hours we recieve, but the water issue is a whole different and depressing situation.

If 5,000 homes actually go in and they will be using the current Loreto water infrastructure as is, then this whole town will suffer a great deal. My family for one, won't let this happen and either will all our friends and neighbors (we've had many discussions about this). Loreto Bay will need to rectify this problem, and that of the handling their wastewater too, if their project is to have any viable future here.

I am very disappointed to find out that they are just now doing an EIS, now that one home is almost complete and about a half a dozen more are under construction and about 140 have been bought and paid for. When this project first came to our attention (at the Loreto Hotel association meeting first week of October 2003) we were given the impression that this had already been done.

Fly fishin' Pam
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.