BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11
Author: Subject: Care to give Baja Nomad a little something?
fishbuck
Banned

rolleyes.gif posted on 9-29-2008 at 12:49 AM

" Hello Guiness Book? It's fishbuck again. We are at 9 pages. Still not enough? Okay.
We'll work on it!"

I truly do not understand the animosity directed at David K. I have meet David a few times and hope to meet up with him in Baja again. He has answered several of my questions when I have asked him. When I look at his photos I see a nice smiling guy enjoying Baja. What could be better?
His request to contribute to the board seems as harmless as asking your neighbors to help clean the park or repair playground equipment.
Why would anyone object to something like that? But I'm sure someone will so let the dead horse beating continue.
The people at the Guiness Book are waiting.

[Edited on 9-29-2008 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 01:16 AM
Crips.. er I mean Chris

Quote:

You and some of the other abusers of this board manipulate it as a geriatric social club and when you are not whining about the most minor events in your petty lives, you put down the others who use this board for useful info.

You really seem aggresive towards anyone who happens to love Mulege, whether that be on the rio or not.

Your flaming of Tony was typical of your wanton meanderings. You've lurked for five years and now you are going to comment on my contributions here. Go for it!
I guess you are a bad lurker who did not do his homework, You should get busy and read some of those thousands of posts I've made. You might might have an epiphany. Nah...:lol:

That way you wouldn't appear to have two feet in your mouth when you make such sweeping statements. I'm not much to toot my own horn but I can if the need warrants it.
It not an ego thing like you suggest, rather the desire and consequent rewards for doing stuff for this group has faded with the addition of lurkers/flamers like you joining the fray for some unbeknownst reason :?:

Should I quote some of your past childish rants? The percentage of crap you post runs about 90% imho.:o

I give this place a wee bit of my energy, so what, so sorry you think it's more. Why don't you make a post that has some Baja relevance rather than to act so profound because what you.........what, live in Loreto? :lol::lol:

Look, if you can show you've contributed anythang to BN worthy I'd love to hear it otherwise STFU.

[Edited on 9-29-2008 by Sharksbaja]

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
dao45
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 07:07 AM

david from my first post on this board you were polite supportive and kind.I dont know what kind of problems other people think they have with you but as far as Im concerned No problem amigo you keep on rocking
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 07:26 AM

Since it hasn't died yet, I have to say there have been many posts that were well thought out and well written and to the point without being abusive, I think our quest is all for nil, but I have to say the comments on this subject have for the most part been constructive without name calling, if nothing else this thread is a good example that it can be done.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
The Sculpin
Nomad

Mood: Riding into the Sunset, looking for a sunrise.

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 08:00 AM

Crikey!!!!!!
I'm gone for a wee bit and the $h!t hits the fan! Not surprised DK is in the thick of it. A few observations:
1) Unless I missed it, Doug never did respond, did he? So the original query to DK was never fully veted,
2) I think DK listens to too much talk radio,
3) I'm sure in the time i has taken DK to defend himself and to try to extract his foot from his mouth, he could have finished 3 jobs. At $2K to $4K per job, that's $6K to $12K!!! He could have let this whole thing pass and been the richer (and wiser) man for it.

Now don't get me wrong - this isn't a slam on DK. I really love the guy! He's quite a character - but he kinda reminds me of a guy I used to know in rougher days - the guy who just wouldn't let it rest and ended up getting all his buddies involved in a bar fight. Those were memorable saturday nights, but they're in the past (whew!)

So come on everybody - the coals went out a long time ago - all the beer is gone - and the sun is rising. Time to go to bed, or go surfing...

Ciao, baby!

Whoa there, Cowboy - pull back on those reins!
cabobaja
Nomad

Mood: Smiling

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 08:36 AM

SURFING!!
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe

I see you as a tragic figure. One who just can't seem to break out this vicious cycle.

King Lear comes to mind.

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

biggrin.gif posted on 9-29-2008 at 09:33 AM
FEEL THE LOVE!

Wow, such passion and such vile all together here...

LongLegs in La Paz: Thank you for your concern. All I suggested is that if anyone here would like to help Nomad with a financial tip, to send it in... and Doug gave me an address. I did not ask for feedback or socio-psycho help for the way I read or reply on Nomad. Yes, it is a public forum... but because I was the one who suggested it, it would seem that gave carte blanche to the anti-DKers to use this moment to vent. Anyway, your last reply was very deep... and it took you time to write it... without the name calling... very nice.

Comitan: One more time, I am sorry for typing unclearly... You have contributed here many times with good posts, and I never meant it to read that you didn't... I was thinking of all Nomads when I said 'instead of complaing...' etc.

Diver: ... do I owe you an apology or is it the other way around? I am 51, and if I seem childish... then maybe I will have a long life? I actually intended this to be a short thread and would have been thrilled if others gave support to Doug... if not financially, then verbally... So much energy going to NOT helping Nomad is very sad... very unappreciative, I think... How else would it be seen?

Diane or John Trotter: You have a worse habbit of selective reading than I apparently do... but I hope we can be friends anyway. You have posted one of the best trip reports ever... and I enjoy them the most.

Despite what has been posted about me by others, I don't care how you write, who you are voting for, or where you live. I do care about helping Baja Nomad, seeing as many trip reports as possible and helping Nomads meet and become friends or friendlier.

Thanks to those of you who do see things the way I do... that sharing travel information is the attraction here and not political correctness or tearing apart my simple attempt to get Doug some additional operating capital!

Viva Baja Nomad!

[Edited on 9-29-2008 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
So, I am wondering is it me, the reason for you 'anti-DKers' to post negative replies here... or is it that anyone who suggests Doug desrves a little reward for this site would get pounced upon???

it's you.

DK, you need to be more tolerant, and less sanctimonious -- and remember you don't always need to have the last word

Oh yes he ALWAYS does---twisted and or political as it may be. :lol::lol::lol:

Diane

:yes::yes::yes:

Going shopping now--yes, for Baja

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 09:47 AM

Quote:
........ Maybe it is because of the election and they are getting worried? ...... I don't care .....who you are voting for......
Viva Baja Nomad!

And this adds to your post in a positive way??????

It would be nice if we could keep politics in the off-topic swamp where it belongs

Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 09:50 AM

Quote:
.... Maybe it is because of the election and they are getting worried?

As Ralph Kramden used to say, "One of these days, Alice...... " :P

Nena

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 09:54 AM

Actually, I wanted it to be clear that politics DOESN'T motivate me here... I can edit if you think they are that hyper-sensitive?

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 09:55 AM

Well... I gues you are right... I will edit and hope it ends the feedback.

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
OK now that DK has floated the idea of donating money to BN, why not some words from Doug? I do believe he is the sole owner of BN and should come forward to explain his thoughts on the topic.

If the situation is at the point that the site would go down without some infusion of cash we should all know. Would hate to see it disappear without some input from all of us.

Ken

This was back on page 3, still no comment from Doug. Just alot of posts about DK!

DOES BN NEED ADDITIONAL REVENUE TO STAY AFLOAT, YES OR NO?
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 10:28 AM

Check is in the mail.(Mexican:P), with the stipulation: "redeem within 10 days":biggrin:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
comitan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 10:35 AM

DK you have to realize we are contributing right now, the number of posts on this forum equal money to Doug; so we are helping in our own little way, as you are too.:lol::lol: We probably shouldn't discuss this but when you click on an advertiser it generates more income.(cheating)?

[Edited on 9-29-2008 by comitan]

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
I notice a general trend here that I find interesting: that people think that other people might care about their criticisms and or opinions.
I think that only applies to folks that you spend a lot of time with..... like maybe sharing a bed or something equivalent.
This is not to say that I have never pontificated and am even doing so now.
You just gotta let a lot of stuff roll of your back thru life.

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
DK you have to realize we are contributing right now, the number of posts on this forum equal money to Doug; so we are helping in our own little way, as you are too.:lol::lol: We probably shouldn't discuss this but when you click on an advertiser it generates more income.(cheating)?

[Edited on 9-29-2008 by comitan]

Yes, but clicking on the Google ads and taking a quick look at them is better... Just reading the forum doesn't help except show the activity Nomad gets... and the only banner ad here is Geoff's BajaBound.com

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 12:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
OK now that DK has floated the idea of donating money to BN, why not some words from Doug? I do believe he is the sole owner of BN and should come forward to explain his thoughts on the topic.

If the situation is at the point that the site would go down without some infusion of cash we should all know. Would hate to see it disappear without some input from all of us.

Ken

This was back on page 3, still no comment from Doug. Just alot of posts about DK!

Ken, no... it has been stated so many times that I suggested Doug get some additional reward (tip, donation, contribution) for his great efforts and service here to keep Nomad alive and well... The added revenue for some contributions would allow improvements and perhaps ordering the really big shirt sizes some here have been waiting for. Nomad doesn't make enough money for Doug to live off of (he works)... and it doesn't make a profit that would help Doug add to the Tienda or do much more than what we have got now.

In my opinion, when someone receives a tip for good service, it inspires them to continue to give good or better service. From the beginning, I have said this is a tip for Doug. With all the garbage and none-important discussion going on in this and some other threads, I just didn't want Doug to say the heck with you all... and shut the site down. Giving Doug a little financial thanks (and maybe some verbal thanks too) would really help make up for all the kindergarten activity here... in my opinion.

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2008 at 01:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Ken

I just didn't want Doug to say the heck with you all... and shut the site down. Giving Doug a little financial thanks (and maybe some verbal thanks too) would really help make up for all the kindergarten activity here... in my opinion.

David

You being very friendly with Doug, I trust you know his feelings as well as anyone. What you just said above is the site is at risk without additional revenue coming in. So that would be a yes from my original question. Thanks for answering, albeit you also said no in the same post.:?:

Ken
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.