Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11  ..  19
Author: Subject: A Double Shakedown in Constitución
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2010 at 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJA.DESERT.RAT
let's stop all this chest beating and get back to the subject.

OK....What's your suggestion? The issue needs support.
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2010 at 08:45 PM

My personal belief is that contacting the government groups will probably only be minimally effective as I don't think they really care for foreign interference in their system. Where we can be heard is with our tourist dollars. Start writing to all of the Tourist Boards as well as those that work in the tourist industry and we will be heard. The economy is bad everywhere and our tourist dollars hold more weight than ever before but we will lose this opportunity if we continue to do nothing or bicker among ourselves. And yes I have personally been bitten in CC for allegedly speeding while following a hay truck over the topes:lol:

[Edited on 7-1-2010 by Alan]

In Memory of E-57
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 6-30-2010 at 09:01 PM
Business info

Would be nice to get a list of businesses in CC with e-mail addresses............I am a beliver in voting with my checkbook/VISA card........let the business owners know why we won't be spending $$$ in their town

chnlisle
Banned

[*] posted on 6-30-2010 at 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
I consider that a compliment......moreso if you had any idea of who Fulano is.
Do you have any idea of who you speak or are you simply running your bullchiiit mouth.

Hey Zeus, that was meant as a compliment, as Fulano and you are some of the few with the big picture. Look back a few pages and you'll see I've already sent queja emails to various ministries.

By the way, I think this is Fulano's blog:

***********.blogspot.com

[Edited on 7-1-2010 by chnlisle]
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Would be nice to get a list of businesses in CC with e-mail addresses............I am a beliver in voting with my checkbook/VISA card........let the business owners know why we won't be spending $$$ in their town
I don't think we should only limit ourselves to businesses in CC. We need to include all points south of there as well. As hard hit as things are here in La Paz I don't think they would take too kindly to having their tourist dollars being forced to run a guantlet. It is a mexican problem and it will ultimately be up to mexicans to resolve it. We can only do our best to show them it is in their best interest to resolve the problem. It worked great in the Rosarito corridor.

In Memory of E-57
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 03:12 AM

Can I just say the only way to stop this is for each person to put on their war face and stand their ground. Look into the police officer's eyes and with your war face firmly in place tell the police officer in no uncertain terms that you have done nothing wrong. Tell him you are not going to pay money to an extortionist police officer. Invite them to take you to a judge or put out your two wrists and invite him to handcuff you and take you to jail because you are not paying him anything. Just stand your ground firmly. He will either back off invite you to see the judge or falsely arrest you. It's a chance you take but he'll know you are not pussyfooting around and have balls. They will respect or fear someone with balls. This is the only way you are going to stop it but it has some risk. Just have someone on the outside who can bail you out if need be. If you get handcuffed, in your "Last great act of defiance" you can tell the police officer"Chupa mi "V" Piinché extorsionista."

In solidarity,

David Elinvestig8r M

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 05:43 AM
Alan

If you provide the names and e-mail addresses, I will write them

Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 06:13 AM

So far I have done the following:
1. Composed a letter citing incidents I have found on this site and on the web.
2. I have sent this letter to one agency, see thread.
3. I have compiled a list of agencies to send this to and have posted those agencies in a cut and paste format, see thread.
4. I have asked that my letter be translated. I will send it in English if I do not have a translation.
5. I have asked for recommendations of others we might want to send emails to.
6. I am leaving to marry off our daughter and will be gone till next Tuesday.
7. When I return I will get back to this issue and hopefully have more specific input about who to send our letters to.
8. Upon my return I will post a summary of what I have learned from your postings and post a copy of what I have written and to whom I sent it.

I have no illusions about this impacting the ongoing extortion of US Citizens in Ciudad Constitution. This may or may not have any impact on the problem. I am responding to a number of posts on this site regarding this well known extortion of Nomads. I am unwilling to do nothing and hope that we Nomads will exert some pressure on these folks and use our common knowledge to do so.

As an old man I still have a wind mill or two to tilt and will enjoy discussing what is perhaps a march to folly with Nomads we meet on our next trip to Baja this November - January.

Tag, you're it.

Iflyfishandperiodicallytiltwindmills
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 06:18 AM

Iflyfish - Salud!

[Edited on 7-1-2010 by Alan]

In Memory of E-57
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 06:29 AM
US Consulate - Tijuana

Another avenue to get the word out........

http://tijuana.usconsulate.gov/tijuana/contact_us.html

U.S. Consul General, Steven B. Kashkett
US Consulate, Tijuana

Deputy Chief of American Citizen Services
Sarah H Schmidt
US Consulate, Tijuana

Interesting information from their site:

http://tijuana.usconsulate.gov/citizen_services.html

No police officer is authorized to accept money

Traffic fines must be paid at the nearest Police Department Office

[Edited on 7-1-2010 by bajaguy]

rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 06:38 AM

good on you Iflyfish and thanks for going at this windmill. those who blast others for not 'getting' the Mexican WAY (often a totally erroneous assumption) seem to have embraced not getting involved as a way of life. as long as it doesn't happen to them...or cost them too much when it happens to them...it's fine to throw rocks at people who do.
we pick our battles. Loreto Immigration is a good recent example. tons of you didn't get involved (which I can certainly understand), a handful of us did. a change was made. sometimes someone has to stand up and say "no more."
will anything anyone here does change the cops in Constitucion? is it a place to draw a line in the sand? "possibly not" is the answer to both questions but doing nothing makes each one of us who pays the "toll" there part of the problem.

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 06:42 AM

Bajaguy, I will add this to the list.

Saludos Equalamente, pardon mi Espanol es mal, solamente por cervesa e comida, tiempo por pescador moscos to vamanos. Mi Espanol :no: mui malo.

Iflyfishwithrottenspanishexplatives
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chnlisle
Hey Zeus, that was meant as a compliment,

Things look different today. Sorry for the bad reaction. You caught me in the bottom of a mood swing. :(:(
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 08:39 AM

Not sure it matters, but many of the BCS funcionaries under the current administration resigned yesterday to run for office in the next election and new officers were named in the interin, I gather:

Here are the newly assigned representatives for today!

* Alfredo Porras Domínguez, Secretario General
* Jacobo Turique, Secretario de Turismo
* Garibaldo Romero, Oficial Mayor
* Alberto Márquez, director del DIF
* René Meza, director de planeación SEP
* Rosalía Romero, directora del CERESO
* Martín Ibarra, API de Santa Rosalía
* Diego García, administrador de Junta Estatal de Caminos
* Amelia Guzmán, administrativo de Obras Públicas (SEPUIE)
* Rafael Salvador Guevara, administrativo de Desarrollo

http://colectivopericu.wordpress.com/2010/07/01/los-nuevos-f...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Here are the newly assigned representatives for today!

Don't you think these people were put in place because they're safe and won't do anything at all?
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 10:16 AM
Secretary of Tourism

This is NOT and advertisement............

The Baja Book Festival will take place on Saturday, October 9, 2010, at Joann Jones Gallery in Cantamar.

In partnership with the Secretary of Tourism, the Rosarito Beach Convention & Visitors Bureau, and the Baja Times, the Baja Book Festival will showcase authors (English and Spanish language) and publishers, and will also feature music, food and wine, and more.

Might be a good opportunity to get some "face time" with the Secretary of Tourism...........even though the Secretary is not from BCS....still might be worth a shot........also speak to the Baja Times..........

[Edited on 7-1-2010 by bajaguy]

desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 10:18 AM

I have been following this now for awhile. here is my take on this.
I personally have no beef with CC police, I have driven thru many times in the past, years ago with out any problems, but obviously thing have changed.
what is the best approach to this problem? who knows
but I think as a group your going to have alot more clout on this as opposed to just one person complaining.
I for one dont think confronting the police will not change anything, this needs to be addressed from the top down, there has been some real good ideas on this, so confront this on all available avenues

good luck and if there is anything that I can do just let me know

ken/jane

yuma,az

[Edited on 7-2-2010 by desertcpl]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

Might be a good opportunity to get some "face time" with the Secretary of Tourism...........even though the Secretary is not from BCS....still might be worth a shot........also speak to the Baja Times..........

In which case, the Sec. of Tourism will slide a business card into your shirt pocket and say, "Call my office."

The Baja Times? The one owned by Torres? Do you think for a minute that he will print one word that would upset his counter-part in the Brotherhood of Mayors?
Very unlikely.
Did the mayor of CC admonish Torres and tell him publicly to straighten out his police force?
Again...very unlikely.

I'll keep saying it over and over 'cause I'm bored and don't have anything else to do. Every law officer in Mexico is part of this large group who are governed by an unwritten set of rules that demand fidelity.
Allied and loyal to this group are the politicos who rely on law officers for protection.
Joined at the hip with the city administrators are the state officials of the same party who have the ear of federal officials who are in place to repay the state and city officials for continued loyalty.
If you're looking for an individual at any one of these levels to maverick out and go against the grain of the tree which supports them, your search will be lengthy. Very very lengthy.

You guys are urinating into the chubasco. Oh, well....I'm glad it's your hobby and not mine.
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 01:03 PM

Has anyone posted the location of the police department? Sorry if I missed it. If so please post it again so that I/we will know where to go if the cop doesn't back off when I stand my ground....thanks...dt

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 01:05 PM

is this the don quixote thread?
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11  ..  19

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.