Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11  ..  36
Author: Subject: Baja Real Estate advise
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by krafty
What do you mean, Dennis??

I mean you're putting too much faith in "trust." It's a nice thing to do, but it can quickly turn lethal, from a property rights point of view.
What people should have when getting involved with rented real estate here is not money....nor is it location-location-location. It's a highly developed sense of cynicism.

Also....you're begging the guidance of a predator and you know it, in spite of how badly you want to ignore it.

You're on your own.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 11:45 AM

Quote:
Ramuma-si, we are in CDM-with a 100 yr. contract. See you guys, you don't know everything :smug:

Exactly right krafty ......no one knows everything...you two. :o

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 12:40 PM

Funny. A man like ramuma preys on the property of others, many of them american, and some people refuse to see it. If i was a foreign land owner here in Baja, i would consider people like ramuma a cancer that needs to be cut out. I find it very amusing to see some americans thanking a guy who has been responsible for stealing other americans properties for decades all over baja.

:rolleyes:

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Funny. A man like ramuma preys on the property of others, many of them american, and some people refuse to see it. If i was a foreign land owner here in Baja, i would consider people like ramuma a cancer that needs to be cut out. I find it very amusing to see some americans thanking a guy who has been responsible for stealing other americans properties for decades all over baja.

jesse:
certain nomads want to believe, they will believe, despite what you may say.
why does ramsanus53 post here? what's in it for him? is he here to search for targets to fleece?
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 03:47 PM

He might post here cuz its fun... I do... especially if you want to argue about issues... without having to go to court .... for some stupid "illegal PC"... crap...

The foundation and/or cornerstone of this issue... who owns the land...

Now what so hard about that one... who, what, where, when and why ... and support all by fact, pretty basic crap in my book...

Go get a bowl of clam chowder, turtle soup is getting a bit old...

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 04:23 PM

Right on, Wiley.
krafty
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 05:55 PM

Agreed-enough with the negativity allready
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 05:58 PM

We drove by his property (San Buenaventura Hotel) this week. Sign falling down, one building with fire damage, and not one car parked outside.

Ken
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE

The law is the law. Old or feeble, it's still your law and the people that know it best, win. It's that slippery slope of "don't worry about the law, we can work around it" attitude that got Mexican real estate in to trouble and blew it's credibility. If real estate laws need reform, reform them.

During the real estate boom and development years, didn't anyone in the Mexican gov't think they should re-work the laws as needed to assure proper title transfer, and then do the title transactions with all these investors correctly? No? They took the buyers' money first and then never got around to the real estate law reforms (because they already had their money, so why bother with it). We'll it did bite the buyers and made investing in Mexico a crap shoot at best. Ask The Donald. And it is the buyers who lost everything right? -and the sellers nothing? IMHO, that is an argument for changing laws, not complaining when the laws are correctly enforced later. It does suck people lost homes and land, but it's a young country and a young democracy.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 06:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2dJ6WmC***

Is this Larry French...the agent selling the unit to to you?

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
It does suck people lost homes and land, but it's a young country and a young democracy.

Democracy?? That's blind optimism. Nobody has any idea which cartel will be running the politicians in power in the next decade. This place is going to the highest bidder at the moment.
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 08:14 PM

DENNIS
You sound like goner
Of course you can prevail here in Mexico; it is only a matter of knowing how, this thread is trying to express exactly that.
Here in Mexico facts are even more important that in a USA court, because you are guilty until proved innocent.
Of course I would like to have courts like in the USA where the judge only manage procedures, here the judge is everything and has too much power, but if you know how you can prevail as in any place in the world.
Don’t tell me that you feel the USA courts are perfect, there the guy with the most money win every time, here in Mexico the guy who know the most and have friends prevail even over people with a lot of money and try to do that in an American court.
Have alittle more confidence
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 08:21 PM

mcfez
I have been providing information about San Felipe too, but they prefer to do it outside of this forum, I do not agree, but I respect their wish.
I know San Felipe is now in a turmoil, because the developers, developed the land without the proper permits and that is called Fraude Equiparado, I advise them to rain on the Estate District attorney´s parade, until he does what he is obligated by law to do, put some developers and public officials in jail and provide the permits to allow every buyer to have his property document, Americans and Mexicans equally.
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 08:44 PM

Woooosh
Mexican laws are there and need very little reform; the problem, is the people who enforce them.
In your case, you have the clear legal reason, the law says you should prevail, but the people who should enforce the laws that say, that you have the reason, do not do it until you step on their toes and when you do it, they jump, when they feel that you are not going to believe crap, they will tell you the true, when you have the right counsel, they will avoid lying to you.
Baja is a Real Estate turmoil, because of the people who supposedly have to protect the buyer, instead of enforcing the existing laws, they dedicated themselves, to protect the sellers and make it easy for them to break the existing law, then to protect them from legal consequences and now they even try to hide the law and the fact that they protected the sellers on unlawful acts.
The problem will persist until they cannot do it anymore and public officials feel that it is more convenient to enforce the law than to protect the developers who are breaking the existing law and that will happen only when the buyer know that they have rights, they have power in their money and make clear that they will not have it anymore and to do that Americans need to know the real facts and need to quit feeling visitors only.
People here, attacking without a reason and without a cause, are just the developer’s advocates, that is the reason why they do not want people to know, that there is a way out of the problem and that way out, is sustained on real information and they do not want you to have it. Since they do not have any real reason and can not dispute the facts and laws, they attack the person who provide the information, trying to mislead people in to not believing what is being provided.
My reason to provide this information, is that I know that Rosarito area, need to legalize the Real Estate title chains, to be able to provide a good service and Rosarito will not be a boom again until they understand that the time to steal is over, now is business and any business need to respect the customer to prevail.
I myself discovered the flaws in the title chains, I provided the information to the government, they acted and then changed their minds, because they felt that it was easier to hide the problems than to solve them, they were wrong and took them 20 years to accept that fact.
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 09:00 PM

Dennis
It is true that Mexico is not a real democracy, it is called a party dictatorship and a little group has all the power and not even the drug cartels challenge them; they control the presidency and the money.
That system has been in operation for 100 years now, it has kept Mexico under its potential, but has provided peace, and no country has been able to provide peace to their people for that long.
Mexico is not what you see in the news, statistics say it is a third world country with a lot of poor people, but we created the richest man in the world and poor people are fat, way too fat.
Mexico controlled its cartels for 80 years, until the new party took power changing what was running well for 80 years, the result, is what you see now and they need to put the genie back in the bottle and be sure they will but it back, they are in the way.
Mexico was only a passing through way for drugs on their way to USA, now Mexico is a user; drug cartels will go down with fire and soon, you will see. Why? Because the real business is not selling drugs, the real business is tourism and real estate and USA has a Baby boomer generation, waiting for their golden year’s home by the beach. Drug cartels will be on the way to profit with the real business and they will be cut down. Just wait for the next president, he will be a hard guy and will restore order with fire but silence.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 3-15-2011 at 07:54 AM

A sad point to bring up about those "Baby Boomers"... less the 25% have 401K's that will augment their retirement ....

And add in a double dip on "real estate"... which we are seeing at this time..

May make Baja and/or Mexico a bit harder for those who had a "dream" ....

Just saying....

ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 3-15-2011 at 11:43 AM

wessongroup
Yes it will be harder for them and most of them lost some of their golden eggs on the last economical crisis, but our marketing experts say that those people will have it even harder on Florida or California and actually Baja will be seen as a better option for even more Baby boomers than before the crisis.
At this time they do not have consumer confidence and are holding theri big buys, but in one or two years, they will have to retire and do what they have been planning for 20 years, but then, they will be overlapped with 3 generations of Baby boomers that are coming in to retirement age and thinking the same thing and a demand wave will be created and the prices in every beach place will go up and up.
But if Mexico does not solve the security crisis, they will not come, or only a few hardened people will do it, so Mexico has only 2 years to solve the security crisis, to have a peaceful Mexico ready for when the Baby boomers regain the consumer confidence, needed to buy their beach house.
The alternative would be to have a Mexico full of gang battles all over the streets with the army all over the place and no tourist arround; if you see the economical volume that the drugs business provide, to the Mexican economy, it is only a very small fraction of the Real Estate business that would be created with a secure Mexico and that is the business where you will find the people who control Mexico.
Actually, the Real Estate business is a lot more profitable and secure than the drug business, also you can sleep better and that is the reason Mexico will clean their act in the very near future, money, money, money.
krafty
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2011 at 11:47 AM

sure hope you are right, ramuma
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 3-15-2011 at 12:18 PM

Quote:
sure hope you are right, ramuma

me too. I understand Mexico is working with Medicare to see if some coverage can be extended into Mexico for expats over 65. Everyone wins. That alone would be a huge boost to real estate sales and would make living away form the border area less a risk for those with medical conditions.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2011 at 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
I understand Mexico is working with Medicare to see if some coverage can be extended into Mexico for expats over 65. Everyone wins.

Not everyone. Here's at least one reason that should probably never happen:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/10/23/60minutes/main5414...
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11  ..  36

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.