Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11  12
Author: Subject: SEE UPDATE: Stolen Boat & Trailer
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2011 at 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Here are some photos of the missing boat and trailer...

I think I passed this boat yesterday on the malecon here in La Paz. I was going the opposite direction and couldn't turn around. Didn't see the name of the boat but it did say Carolina Skiff and had a Suzuki outboard. I didn't even see the make of the truck that was pulling it other than to note it was silver. The boat did look a little rougher condition than the boat in the picture but I don't know how old that picture is.

Anyway, I don't know if this helps other that to say it "might" be here in La Paz. I'll keep my eyes open in case I see it again to hopefully get more info for you.

In Memory of E-57
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-23-2011 at 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan
I think I passed this boat yesterday on the malecon here in La Paz. I was going the opposite direction and couldn't turn around. Didn't see the name of the boat but it did say Carolina Skiff and had a Suzuki outboard. I didn't even see the make of the truck that was pulling it other than to note it was silver. The boat did look a little rougher condition than the boat in the picture but I don't know how old that picture is.

Anyway, I don't know if this helps other that to say it "might" be here in La Paz. I'll keep my eyes open in case I see it again to hopefully get more info for you.

probably never left latina's possession, or perhaps she never owned a boat. we may never know the extent of her fabrications. who knows? is latina actually mcfez? perhaps so.
goldhuntress
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2011 at 08:34 AM

Quote:
probably never left latina's possession, or perhaps she never owned a boat. we may never know the extent of her fabrications. who knows? is latina actually mcfez? perhaps so.

Wow. I hope you never have to post a "I need your help " type post. I don't think anyone will care. :(

mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2011 at 09:34 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by goldhuntress

Wow. I hope you never have to post a "I need your help " type post. I don't think anyone will care. :(

goldhuntress.....he'll never ask for help ...most mental cases have no idea of their dire state of mind.

Untitled-1.jpg - 44kB

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 4-23-2011 at 09:42 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2011 at 09:56 AM

WOW....That's what's missing from my wall of awards. :rolleyes:.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2011 at 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
A little paranoid, narrow minded, negative, biased? You, Dennis and MrBillM should get together and have a negativity fest. For starters you can all fill your glass half empty.

Morderme, por favor. :cool:
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 4-23-2011 at 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
A little paranoid, narrow minded, negative, biased? You, Dennis and MrBillM should get together and have a negativity fest. For starters you can all fill your glass half empty.

Morderme, por favor. :cool:

Really, on the first date???

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2011 at 04:12 PM

well Pacenos - heads up !!!! the boat may be in your neighborhood !!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 12:39 PM
UPDATE: STOLEN BOAT & TRAILER

JIM CONNOLLY STOLE OUR BOAT & TRAILER the day he left our house with them, way back on March 2nd. Instead of driving north to San Diego as we had paid him to do, he drove straight to Cabo San Lucas, where he made up false California title and registration papers, showing him as the seller, put the word out on the docks that he had a boat for sale, and sold our boat & trailer to another unsuspecting victim!

We know this for a fact, because as fate would have it, on April 11th, when we were on our daily walk to a marina in La Paz, we spotted our boat, with a different name, heading to it's new slip. The young Mexican man who bought it in Cabo had launched it just 10 minutes prior to us seeing it!

We have compared all of our documents with those he received from Jim Connolly and have indisputable proof of Jim Connolly's crimes, proof which was scrutinized and accepted by the Policia Ministerial in Cabo San Lucas. Believe us, the Mexican authorities do not take these kinds of charges lightly. We had to make three trips to Cabo San Lucas, pay for legal translations of all of the documents from English to Spanish, word for word, and provide two witnesses who had to go to Cabo San Lucas to testify to our character. After all that, there are now two outstanding warrants for Jim Connolly's arrest, one for each of his victims.

Jim Connolly has taken two months out of our lives. He strung us along with hard luck stories and empty promises knowing full well he had sold our boat and trailer in Cabo San Lucas a few days after he left our house in La Paz. When he told us everything was stolen in Rosarito, he and his girlfriend were lounging around a hotel pool in Cabo San Lucas, thanks to the money he made from the fraudulent sale.

Since the day he told us our boat and trailer were stolen in Rosarito, he has told us countless times that he would pay us for our "loss", which of course he never did. As recently as last week, he sent us an email saying he was wiring us the money for our boat that was "taken". He never did. It was just another stall tactic. He even had the gaul to chastise us in an email for "all the bad press online". Apparently he still has no idea that we know he was the one who stole our boat and we can prove it (but he's about to find out).

All the comments form this forum and the Bloody Decks must be making it hard for him to get work. His account on UShip was suspended because he defrauded someone else of their cash downpayment. It seems he has changed his phone numbers to avoid the situation he has created.

On top of everything else, now we find ourselves in an impossible situation. We have no insurance, because of course Jim Connolly didn't buy the insurance we paid for. Why would he insure our boat for a trip he knew he was not going to make? Our insurance company will not pay us for our loss, because we have found our boat and trailer. Although we could legally take possession of our boat and trailer, there is another victim to think about : the young man who bought our boat and trailer, to enjoy with his family, after checking to make sure they weren't stolen, way back in the beginning of March. We want Jim Connolly to pay us for the boat and trailer HE STOLE from us, not his other victim.

For two months we have been very patient with Jim Connolly and we gave him the benefit of the doubt until we had the truth staring us in the face. His chances are over and whether he flees Mexico and loses his ability to "earn" a living here or the USA, or ends up in a Mexican jail, it will be because of his own stupid choices and no one else's.

He says he lives in Oxnard, California (false), Ensenada (probably true) and Cabo San Lucas (in hotels). Hopefully the police will catch him soon before he puts anyone else through the same nightmare he continues to put us through.

Thank you so much to those of you who have helped and supported us from the beginning, latina.

[Edited on 4-30-2011 by latina]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 01:25 PM

as the stage play is mostly a cast of gringos, i say all are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law!
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 01:25 PM

Based on what latina says, Jim Connolly is a low-classed thief. A thief!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 01:33 PM

terrible ending to a terrible situation - but I think you have to get your "stolen" boat back from the innocent buyer and he has to then take up recourse with the thief.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
terrible ending to a terrible situation - but I think you have to get your "stolen" boat back from the innocent buyer and he has to then take up recourse with the thief.

Uh-oh...Sadly, the Mexican lawyers will now squeeze the last peso out of everyone involved in this unfortunate fiasco.
surfdoc
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
as the stage play is mostly a cast of gringos, i say all are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law!

Are you seriously this dense ???

From the begining you have baffled me with some of your thought processes.....

Now I understand you have no process, your stuck on stupid.

Unreal.............
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by surfdoc
Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666

Are you seriously this dense ???

From the begining you have baffled me with some of your thought processes.....

Now I understand you have no process, your stuck on stupid.

Unreal.............

doc:
why do you hate freedom and US legal principles?
slimshady
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 10:36 PM

Legal principals lead intelligent people to believe that probable cause exists for grand theft charges to be brought against Connelly. It's that simple.

Based on the victim's statements and testimony against the suspect an arrest should be made.

Also the owner of the boat is in possession of stolen property and would be advised to cooperate of the mexican police.

That is what court is for "goat"? Mr Connelly can defend his actions with any proof that he has or witnesses. Other than that stop embarrassing yourself with your non-sense troll antics.
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-1-2011 at 06:26 AM

Yes lencho, that is the beauty of it all. The buyer's papers show the seller to be "Jim Connolly". He even has the Louisiana title number on his falsified California documents. That is why we were taken seriously at the Policia Ministerial.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-1-2011 at 06:34 AM

.....false California title and registration papers.

Sorry....anyone that has money to buy a boat....and then lease a boat slip......oh and lives in Carbo.......must have money from being EDUCATED. The Mexican couple should had done their own checking of the legal docs. Easy to do.

I would take the boat back.

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-1-2011 at 06:55 AM

mcfez, the man lives in La Paz. He bought the boat in Cabo, where he was working on a yacht. The slip belongs to the yacht and the skiff is tied up there. Because Jim Connolly was in Cabo when we thought he was on the road headed to San Diego, of course the boat was not reported stolen. When the buyer went to the police and the port captain with his documents there were no red flags. Jim Connolly must have a raft of blank documents that he is altering to suit his needs.

As for taking the boat back, the whole thing has gone from straightforward when we thought some nefarious stranger had our boat to a moral issue for us. It is not that simple anymore. The new owner will suffer more financially if we take back the boat, than we will if we don't. We don't know what to do at this point.

[Edited on 5-1-2011 by latina]
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11  12

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.