BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  88    90    92  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-5-2014 at 08:22 PM

Looks like for example, the onion ring thread has approximately 2 pages of thread to 1 page of printable version. When you click on Gary's thread however, the printable version does not appear at all. It would probably run about 45 pages if it follows the amount of pages per print from the thread to printable of the Onion ring thread. But I think the Gary thread is too long, the printable version doesn't even appear even after waiting a long time.
Marla Daily
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2014 at 05:49 AM

We will be passing through Cataviña tomorrow. Is there anything we can do for you Patton family?
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 5-6-2014 at 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by sdraul
Not sure if you do it 90 times...I tried it on a one page post....copy and paste to a word document may work better...

I was just thinken if they wanted a copy of the thread, there are 90 pages to deal with.
If they limit the copying to pages with good info, the task would be much shorter.

If you change your "Posts per page" setting in the user control panel from 20 to 200, then it's only 9 pages - or to 400, and it's only 5. Just depends on what your internet device's RAM can handle.

Then - as noted - print to PDF (for those who can "print to file"). I suggest in "landscape" orientation.

If you use the "Printable Version" option with such a long thread, it tends to timeout (or run out of RAM?) before being visible.

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 5-6-2014 at 10:57 AM
Removing Posts

So....who removed my post suggesting Ensenadadoc print out the thread for the family?

Don't believe everything you think....
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2014 at 11:15 AM

and mine that said she had the time?
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-6-2014 at 11:44 AM

If the family would like, I will print the thread for them. I believe that Doug has given some pretty easy instructions on how to do it. However, I don't need others to suggest how much time I have or what I need to do or not do. I am willing to help the family as much as I can and I think they know that. This thread is about Gary and his family not about EnsenadaDr, though I appreciate the thoughts guys.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2014 at 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
If the family would like, I will print the thread for them.

Nice offer, Janene, but why don't you let them do it. They have the knowledge and tools. It will give them an opportunity to review the info separating the wheat from the BS.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Floatflyer
Nomad

Mood: Wet & Cold

[*] posted on 5-6-2014 at 12:25 PM

I had a post evaporate, too! Guess somebody is reluctant to hear differing opinions.:O
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2014 at 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
So....who removed my post suggesting Ensenadadoc print out the thread for the family?

I did. Me'n Joe-Jerky-Joe are moderators of the day. Maybe tomorrow too. :lol:

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 5-6-2014 at 12:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
If the family would like, I will print the thread for them.

Nice offer, Janene, but why don't you let them do it. They have the knowledge and tools. It will give them an opportunity to review the info separating the wheat from the BS.

So Dennis does this mean there is a way to condense 91 pages of posts, into just maybe 2 or 3 pages of worthwhile information?( wheat)
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2014 at 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeJustJoe

So Dennis does this mean there is a way to condense 91 pages of posts, into just maybe 2 or 3 pages of worthwhile information?( wheat)

Sure thing, my moderator bro. You can in fact write it on the head of a pin. [you know all about those pinheads, doncha, Joe] :lol:

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 5-6-2014 at 03:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by motoged

I did. Me'n Joe-Jerky-Joe are moderators of the day. Maybe tomorrow too. :lol:

Dennis,
Thanks for the clarification of your limp-dick sense of importance:lol:

Don't believe everything you think....
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 5-6-2014 at 04:24 PM

This is better than OT ... :lol::lol:

Justbozo
Nomad

Mood: Got my little stone hut on the bay

[*] posted on 5-6-2014 at 04:27 PM

Due to the lack of sensitivity to the family by a group that post with regularity to this thread I am unsubscribing.
I will check back, but I won't be answering junk mail.
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2014 at 10:00 PM

Thank you Maria for your kind offer. We're wishing you could something specific for us. Perhaps you might just ask some questions of the workers at both the hotel and restaurant, if you can take a copy of Gary photo from the Nomad post, page 19, and maybe the flyer, ask the workers if they remember ever seeing him. I know that Nomads here drove everywhere, talking and asking the same, but who knows, may not have spoken to someone who did see him. That's always a thought.

And to those with suggestions on copying valuable information you've all offered, THANK YOU! I'm feeling more secure now, and copy-paste works best.

You are all the very best!
sdraul

[*] posted on 5-7-2014 at 10:32 AM

"And to those with suggestions on copying valuable information you've all offered, THANK YOU! I'm feeling more secure now, and copy-paste works best. "

So you are OK...I was thinking about converting to a pdf file at home (fast internet connection) and send to you...Let me know...
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2014 at 01:00 PM

I have not posted for awhile because I have not had much to report and I was working in Southern Mexico for the last few weeks.

Here is the latest: I finally met face to face with the Pattons who are very nice people and they even picked up the tab for lunch! Awhile back we had discussed the possibility of hiring some of the ranchers and their employees in the area where the vehicle was found in that they know the area and also because of the heat and most of us being over 50 it would be the best thing to do right now.

I met with the ranchers daughter this morning and gave her some cash to get things moving. I will report to you as well as the Pattons as to their progress. Some of you may think why would you give cash to someone you don't know but as I told the Pattons I would trust this family with anything especially as important as this. I believe its the best way to go for now.

Now this will blow you away: As I was talking to the daughter I mentioned that the Pattons have still not gone to Catavina to take possession of Garys 4 Runner. I explained that they want to make sure that the vehicle runs and all the paperwork is in order. She told me that her father started the 4 Runner up when he initially found it. When I interviewed the rancher I assumed we had discussed this but apparently it got lost in translation or I didn't ask the questions. I thought I had.

Now, with this "new" information you can attempt to figure this out! How long does it take for a battery to discharge. I would assume there are many factors such as how old the battery was and what brand.

If something new comes up I will let you all know.

Keep the faith!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2014 at 01:13 PM

Great that the family will help out. I agree that this is the best way to go.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2014 at 01:53 PM

LL- the battery question is intriguing. Before I set up a trickle charge on my motorhome the engine battery would go dead in less than 90 days. This happened twice with two brand new fully charged batteries. My mom doesn't drive and her car is stored in a heated garage. We have replaced the battery 3 times in the last 5 years. We try to get a relative to use the car every month to charge the battery but it doesn't always happen. Her car with a new die-hard battery will start after 3 or 4 months but not after 6 months. Unless Gary's truck has a fairly new battery it is highly doubtful that it would have started the engine after 4 or 5 months. If the truck sat at the found location since Sept 2013 and was only started for a short time by the rancher in March the battery should be totally dead when the Pattons pick it up in May.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-7-2014 at 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
How long does it take for a battery to discharge.

there is no one answer. depends on age of battery, air temp, and whether the automatic daytime headlights were left in on or off position.
 Pages:  1  ..  88    90    92  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.