Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  89    91    93  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 5-7-2014 at 02:38 PM

Also depends on the age of the vehicle. Newer vehicles draw current all the time to keep the various electric components purring, but the battery-charge in a good battery should last at least 4 weeks, and maybe 6. My 2007 X-terra with a very good battery goes dead in about a month if not recharged, or run (lots of elec.components).

My 1994 Ford pickup lasts about 6 months without recharging or running the engine, but I still put it on the charger about every month, and run the engine about every 2 months min. for a few mins. to keep it lubricated.

Barry
Justbozo
Nomad

Mood: Got my little stone hut on the bay

[*] posted on 5-7-2014 at 02:48 PM

lizard lips

These are quotes from your interview report posted on posted on 4-5-2014 at 02:29 PM Page 50

"The rancher attempted to start the car but the battery was dead."

"On March 05 the rancher reported that he drove his tractor to the vehicle and towed it to his ranch where it would be safe."

Now the daughter states he started it.

"Since the rancher said to me that he was certain the vehicle was not there in early December and that other ranchers would definitely traverse this area on a regular basis looking for their cattle leads me to believe that the rancher may be correct however the issue with the battery being dead for also has me confused."

"This is where the interview became interesting…. The rancher said in the beginning of December 2013 he was on horseback looking for his cattle and was at this exact spot where he found the SUV on March 4 and it definitely was not there. He also mentioned that other ranchers patrol this area weekly and no one reported the abandoned vehicle. The rancher said he thinks the vehicle was only there, at the most, for one week."

Time and location just don't add up to put Gary at the scene of the vehicle.

Hoping for the best and good luck.
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 5-7-2014 at 02:53 PM

A general rule of thumb is that a wet cell automotive battery (any brand) looses about 1% a day. Any battery left for over about 60 days should be incapable of the amps required to turn a starter.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2014 at 04:07 PM

Justbozo-I saw what I had posted just a minute ago. I really can't remember what the rancher actually said when I interviewed him looking back on it now. This information came from the daughter this morning so I am assuming either I missed something or assumed. My mistake.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2014 at 05:45 PM

Don't understand. If they started the truck up why was it towed to the ranch?

Am I missing something?
Rumrunner
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2014 at 06:32 PM

I have started my boat after 8 months of sitting in Baja. (Chevy 350) However it has 2 batts,and a disconnect switch.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-7-2014 at 07:48 PM

maybe the same reason as to why Gary couldn't drive it out of the arroyo The question I have however, is why he didn't call the police and let them handle it first, unless the police told them to tow it to the ranch first.
Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Don't understand. If they started the truck up why was it towed to the ranch?

Am I missing something?

[Edited on 5-8-2014 by EnsenadaDr]
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 05:45 AM

Doc you would be great at guessing games .......:bounce
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 07:12 AM

I'm wondering..........is that wornout wreck of a car worth all this?

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 07:55 AM

Well, we ARE learning a lot about batteries.....

CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Floatflyer
I had a post evaporate, too! Guess somebody is reluctant to hear differing opinions.:O

Yep
There are several folks that you can't mention in any kind of negative light without being censored.

In fact, even without using their name, but have an accurate enough description will get you bumped as well.

And if you have a copy of the post and try to post it as an image, that will be bumped as well.

Bottom line, this web site is not a democracy, and this post will probably be censored for stating so!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein

Follow Cortez Blue
www.cortezblue.com

We put the FUNK in disFUNKtion
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 08:33 AM

No one else here has any concrete answers, so why are you turning this into my thread again? Does it make you feel good to start off your day belittling another member of the board? Let's keep the focus off of me and keep it on Gary and the family. That's why posts are censored here because they are off topic.
Quote:
Originally posted by ligui
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
Yep
There are several folks that you can't mention in any kind of negative light without being censored.

In fact, even without using their name, but have an accurate enough description will get you bumped as well.

And if you have a copy of the post and try to post it as an image, that will be bumped as well.

Bottom line, this web site is not a democracy, and this post will probably be censored for stating so!

Nobody ever claimed it to be a democracy, but I would like to know who is receiving protection here? One name, please.

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
No one else here has any concrete answers, so why are you turning this into my thread again? Does it make you feel good to start off your day belittling another member of the board? Let's keep the focus off of me and keep it on Gary and the family. That's why posts are censored here because they are off topic.
Quote:
Originally posted by ligui

I have one very obvious suggestion of how you could help to keep the focus off you and your hundreds and hundreds of posts on this thread. Can you guess what it is?

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 09:07 AM

Yes for you to stop bringing attention to me. I am going to continue to post Vgabundo and not going to be ousted and censored by the Big Brother monarchy run by you and others. So far the family has not made any negative comments on my suggestions except that (and this was not directed towards me directly) some of the posts were too graphic and I have respected that.

So either deal with me or don't, it's that simple. Let's get back to Gary and the car, and by the way DENNIS this thread isn't about an old beat up car, (from the pictures it looked like a nice older running vehicle) it's about putting together pieces of the puzzle to try and figure out what happened. Lizard Lips has encouraged everyone to do that. So stop being mean, guys. One difference is, no one looks the same as you did thousands of years ago dipping the pigtails of your bullied classmates in the inkwells. So if you were one good looking built up adolescent that all the girls loved and would tolerate your bulliness and meanness, it isn't that way now. Take a good look in the mirror.

[Edited on 5-8-2014 by EnsenadaDr]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 09:16 AM

Quote:
So far the family has not made any negative comments on my suggestions except that (and this was not directed towards me directly) some of the posts were too graphic and I have respected that.

Actually, the family has said very little here. They haven't joined our discussions. That's probably one of the reasons for conversations going off-track.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 09:23 AM

Quote:
by the way DENNIS this thread isn't about an old beat up car, it's about putting together pieces of the puzzle to try and figure out what happened.

Nonsense. This thread has morphed from victim recovery to vehicle recovery. Any chain of evidence related to that car has been compromised long ago. What's left will only widen the door to more guesswork.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 09:29 AM

I met with someone yesterday who is not a Nomad but read this thread and wants to assist, but doesn't know how. Constructive speculation without the personal bickering would be more helpful. If the non-productive posts were removed, great! Lizard Lips or the Patton family can request assistance in the search and I am sure any of us who have something to offer, will.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 09:30 AM

Did you ever hear of cold cases being solved? After years of being put on the shelves, some comes back and reviews the material.
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
by the way DENNIS this thread isn't about an old beat up car, it's about putting together pieces of the puzzle to try and figure out what happened.

Nonsense. This thread has morphed from victim recovery to vehicle recovery. Any chain of evidence related to that car has been compromised long ago. What's left will only widen the door to more guesswork.
CrisJk12

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 09:39 AM

So off topic, the discussion should be about Gary period.
 Pages:  1  ..  89    91    93  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.