Pages:  1  ..  90    92    94  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 09:58 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Did you ever hear of cold cases being solved?

Not in the middle of Baja. You're so consumed by US TV drama that you think it applies to us wherever we go.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 10:00 AM

Remember, DENNIS, I don't watch TV so I don't have anything to compare it to. You on the other hand....
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 10:02 AM

Quote:

Let's get back to the topic at hand.
Quote:

Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
by the way DENNIS this thread isn't about an old beat up car, it's about putting together pieces of the puzzle to try and figure out what happened.

Nonsense. This thread has morphed from victim recovery to vehicle recovery. Any chain of evidence related to that car has been compromised long ago. What's left will only widen the door to more guesswork.

I think figuring out the chain of events that happened with the truck could have everything to do with finding Gary still. The family, LL, et all, would do well to get together with the rancher in question and have a translator with them to make sure the events that transpired are clearly stated and understood.
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 10:08 AM

I think JustBozo's posting of earlier comments by LL are very relevant. If the truck had been at that location since Sept 2013 the battery should have been dead. I think LL needs clarification from the rancher (not the daughter.)
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 10:13 AM

Yes but the Rancher insisted from day one that the truck had only been there a week. That would make sense also.
Quote:
Originally posted by absinvestor
I think JustBozo's posting of earlier comments by LL are very relevant. If the truck had been at that location since Sept 2013 the battery should have been dead. I think LL needs clarification from the rancher (not the daughter.)
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 10:20 AM

My guess is that the battery was dead when the rancher found the vehicle and he towed it to his place then jump started it.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexitron

I think figuring out the chain of events that happened with the truck could have everything to do with finding Gary still.

I might agree, however, who's going to make these deductions....and with what? Would we assume the vehicle will be taken NOB and turned over to local experts? That would be a waste of time. They wouldn't touch it.
How many times have the police and the ranchers rifled through that vehicle?

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
My guess is...

just what we need, another guess!
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 11:11 AM

from LL's conversation with the rancher. "The rancher attempted to start the car but the battery was dead."
why are we full circle back to the battery?
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 11:26 AM

because LL just stated a few posts back that he might have been mistaken because the last conversation he had with the rancher's daughter she told him that her father had started the car up so LL needs to get clarification on this part of the story...whether it was translation related or otherwise.
Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
from LL's conversation with the rancher. "The rancher attempted to start the car but the battery was dead."
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 11:34 AM

Quote:
because LL just stated a few posts back that he might have been mistaken because the last conversation he had with the rancher's daughter she told him that her father had started the car up so LL needs to get clarification on this part of the story...whether it was translation related or otherwise.
Quote:
ohhhh, I see. so the car was driveable but the rancher probably towed it to town so he had a way back to the ranch. :light: im gettin it now...
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 11:48 AM

Janene PLEASE! You saw what I wrote and it came from the daughter who was there when the interview with her father took place. I usually don't miss much but in this case I did. Yes, I make mistakes. As humble as I am, being the investigator known to man, even I make an error once in awhile but when you say LL needs to get clarification? Is the battery an issue? Yes. The rancher said the vehicle was stuck in the sand-did I mention that? That was the reason the 4 Runner was towed to his place. Now information is coming forth that one or both of the back tires may have been flat….. I don't know this for sure but I believe the head cop in Catavina, Arturo, may have mentioned that to the family. I do know that one tire was changed.

Look it guys, when the vehicle is returned and some boots on the ground who will start searching give us some good intel we should know a lot more. Until then we can discuss this into the ground with analogies and supposition and believe me you guys are good with your comments. Keep em coming.

And I do speak Spanish and know exactly what was said during the interview however it looks like I missed it. It happens.

I have worked on many, over 500, murder cases in Mexico as well as many kidnappings. This is what I do not only in Mexico but in many countries all over the world. I am human and I missed it-When I see the rancher again I will confirm but I am not going to make a special trip to see him.

[Edited on 5-8-2014 by lizard lips]
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 11:48 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ohhhh, I see. so the car was driveable but the rancher probably towed it to town so he had a way back to the ranch. :light: im gettin it now...

......brilliant deduction,,,my dear Willardguy!! :D :wow: :yawn: :wow: :yes: :yes:

[Edited on 5-8-2014 by micah202]
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 11:55 AM

Maybe now everyone will quit, and let LL and the family do their thing.

On edit
Nah, lets run this into the ground some more with more nonsense.

[Edited on 5-8-2014 by rts551]
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Maybe now everyone will quit, and let LL and the family do their thing.

Don't hold your breath.

Quote:

On edit
Nah, lets run this into the ground some more with more nonsense.

[Edited on 5-8-2014 by rts551]

OK now hold your breath. It wont take long.
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 01:52 PM

I guess to guess.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips

The rancher said the vehicle was stuck in the sand-did I mention that? That was the reason the 4 Runner was towed to his place.

I don't believe that this was stated at any time. I always assumed that it was towed because it could not be started. Usually when a car is stuck you either dig it out or tow it out of the hole, not 15 miles back to the ranch.

But on a different note. The live battery suggests that the truck had been there for a short time, but doesn't the flat tire suggest that it had been there for a long time? Usually a standing vehicle will lose air over a long time. I think that we can assume that Gary did not arrive with a flat tire.

Again, nothing is certain. The trouble is that information provided is often incomplete, missing, changing, or inaccurate. It's impossible to provide any constructive suggestions this way. As facts change what made sense yesterday does not make sense today.

Personally I believe that the length of time that the vehicle had been at that location is pretty important for the following reason. If the vehicle was been there for 6 months then Gary likely drove it there and he could be found rather easily, but if it showed up after December than it's unlikely that Gary drove it there and he will be much, much harder to find.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 03:13 PM

Igor,

I remember the shovel and rake mentioned beside the stuck Toy, no?

Then again I'm not reviewing 90 pages.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 03:29 PM

Right, Ken. The shovels suggest that he tried to dig it out.

I guess that I just can't see Gary going surfing to this remote spot for 4+ months and then driving out and getting stuck. Who spends 4 months anywhere in baja unless it's a settlement with full amenities? I realize that he is a pensioner and had the time but even so given that it is so isolated from markets it's really unlikely. An examination of the cooler may provide information if it contains something bought at the highway recently (not long before car was stuck).

If the car was dropped off by the bad guys why would they bother to try to dig it out?

Another thought: the post said that the cooler was found with water in it, which must have been melted ice. Is ice available at that surfing spot? Could Gary have purchased ice at Canoa and been coming back with it? If not then he must have still been going towards Canoa from the highway, where it would have sense to ice all his perishables before starting for the coast.

[Edited on 5-8-2014 by Skipjack Joe]
 Pages:  1  ..  90    92    94  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.