BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  93    95    97  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-10-2014 at 09:26 AM

I assume that there a was gate around the police station area and Marla was looking through the gate, but maybe not. Stop with the low blows Woody. I also think that if there was no gate and the door was open all that stuff in his car would be long gone, if no one was at the police station. Maybe Marla could clarify if there was a gate around the car. Also since Marla went as far as taking pictures, I would have thought she might look inside and take pictures inside as well.
Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
no access? the door was open wasn't it? i hope your doctoral skills are better than your detective skills.

does anyone REALLY think, after 8 months that Gary will be found? it would be a miracle!!!

[Edited on 5-10-2014 by EnsenadaDr]
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 5-10-2014 at 09:40 AM

Is Senora Mercedes the lady that lives up San Jose Canyon on a ranch? I met that lady a couple times...she's the one who owned.sold Vibara to the conservancy
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 5-10-2014 at 09:41 AM

Don't assume, Doc.....you know what the say about assuming.

There is no gate around the police station or the delegation.

When I drove by in March, the 4Runner was parked in the lot with several other vehicles......I didn't stop, since it really is none of my business to be poking around the car without permission from the family.....or the police

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
I assume that there a was gate around the police station area and Marla was looking through the gate, but maybe not. Stop with the low blows Woody. I also think that if there was no gate and the door was open all that stuff in his car would be long gone, if no one was at the police station. Maybe Marla could clarify if there was a gate around the car. Also since Marla went as far as taking pictures, I would have thought she might look inside and take pictures inside as well.
Quote:
no access? the door was open wasn't it? i hope your doctoral skills are better than your detective skills.

does anyone REALLY think, after 8 months that Gary will be found? it would be a miracle!!!

[Edited on 5-10-2014 by bajaguy]

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-10-2014 at 09:45 AM

I'm just surprised more stuff isn't gone, and Marla was trying to help I am sure by passing by. Maybe the policeman lives on the property and so no one tries to steal anything, as far as I am concerned I am surprised the boogie board and the surfboard are still in the car.
Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Don't assume, Doc.....you know what the say about assuming.

There is no gate around the police station or the delegation.

When I drove by in March, the 4Runner was parked in the lot with several other vehicles......I didn't stop, since it really is none of my business to be poking around the car without permission from the family.....or the police

Quote:
Quote:

[Edited on 5-10-2014 by bajaguy]
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 5-10-2014 at 09:48 AM

The underwear was not my idea so I am not going to take credit for it but that would surely show if Gary had just left San Quintin that morning or had been on the road for several days...(some have remarked here they don't wear chonies so I don't know)
Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Quote:

Maybe if you check the underwear?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-10-2014 at 09:58 AM
Photo from Marla Daily

This was emailed to me this morning to post on Nomad....

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 5-10-2014 at 10:03 AM

Wow my initial reaction is how sad this whole situation is. Yes I see the spare tire on the back driver's side, does this mean Gary had changed the tire after he got stuck in the arroyo or before? Looks like someone probably lives at that house/police station but who knows. Nice little SUV.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 5-10-2014 at 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr Unless we know what for sure is in the vehicle and dates of expiration etc. no one here can make a solid guess.

Life would be a lot less irritating for the other people who have an interest in this affair if you took your own advice. If you were listening to your own advice, you would have several hundred less posts on this thread. Since the vehicle was (as best I can understand it) released for family pick-up a couple of months ago, and the family, to this day, hasn't bothered to take a drive to check it out I judge that they have only a passing interest in "getting to the bottom" of the story. Remember, it hasn't been 'that' long ago that the family was urging us to be on the look-out for a guy with real long hair and a beard. In my own case, the family never responded to either of my offers to meet someone in Cataviņa on 5 hours notice. I now rescind that offer because it makes no sense that I care more about this than the family does. Maybe they got so many offers of five hour response time that they just couldn't be expected to contact everyone to tell us they no longer were asking for assistance. (Yes, that is snark not conjecture.)

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-10-2014 at 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexitron
Is Senora Mercedes the lady that lives up San Jose Canyon on a ranch? I met that lady a couple times...she's the one who owned.sold Vibara to the conservancy

they used to live right at the beach on the estuary side and then when the sale went thru moved about a mile back on the north side of the road coming in.

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 5-10-2014 at 10:13 AM

You are 100% correct Vgabndo. I apologize to you and to others that it took me so long to "see the light". I wonder if the family even took a written inventory. If so then they didn't post it here to notify the Nomads who are examining this with a fine toothed comb (including myself). I didn't realize you as well as others had offered personal assistance.
Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr Unless we know what for sure is in the vehicle and dates of expiration etc. no one here can make a solid guess.

Life would be a lot less irritating for the other people who have an interest in this affair if you took your own advice. If you were listening to your own advice, you would have several hundred less posts on this thread. Since the vehicle was (as best I can understand it) released for family pick-up a couple of months ago, and the family, to this day, hasn't bothered to take a drive to check it out I judge that they have only a passing interest in "getting to the bottom" of the story. Remember, it hasn't been 'that' long ago that the family was urging us to be on the look-out for a guy with real long hair and a beard. In my own case, the family never responded to either of my offers to meet someone in Cataviņa on 5 hours notice. I now rescind that offer because it makes no sense that I care more about this than the family does. Maybe they got so many offers of five hour response time that they just couldn't be expected to contact everyone to tell us they no longer were asking for assistance. (Yes, that is snark not conjecture.)

Marla Daily
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2014 at 10:32 AM

Just to clarify: I checked all the car doors and found the one door unlocked, which I opened. The only thing I touched was the upright tire. I poked it with my thumb to confirm it is flat, and it is.
I touched nothing else. I looked inside and closed the door, leaving it as I found it. I had posted notice I was going to be in Cataviņa if there was anything I could do for the family. No one got back to me, so I investigated no further.

Thank you David K for posting the photo.
Marla Daily
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2014 at 10:35 AM

I will be in Cataviņa again at the end of the month. I am happy to assist if the family has any specific requests.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2014 at 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marla Daily
No one got back to me, so I investigated no further.

Frustrating!!!!

I'm not sure that's the word to describe this.

[Edited on 5-10-2014 by DENNIS]

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 5-10-2014 at 10:41 AM

As Bajaguy mentioned about staying away from the car, it might be ok to take a few pictures but tampering with evidence on police property especially in Mexico could incorporate jail time and a fine. Please take any self-incriminating posts off this thread.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-10-2014 at 10:42 AM

i'll be passing by june 7. we speak spanish so if there are any serious requests u2u them so they don't get lost here.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2014 at 10:44 AM

Quote:
Please take any self-incriminating posts off this thread.

Ohhhh lordy. The TV drama never ends.:lol::lol:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2014 at 10:48 AM

Someone who gets close enough to open the door could lock it.
pappy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2014 at 12:27 PM

don't assume gary changed the tire. too bad someone can't dust the interior, spare and flat tire(inside) for prints, though I don't know what kind of data base(for prints) if any Baja/mexico has...
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2014 at 01:45 PM

Prints? by now just about everyones.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 5-11-2014 at 10:10 AM

Quote:
.... You know people here are right, the guessing game is a waste of time ......

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol

Don't believe everything you think....
 Pages:  1  ..  93    95    97  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.