Pages:  1  ..  95    97    99  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2014 at 03:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666

The longer death declaration is delayed, the longer SS or pension payments continue,... Just another theory,...

ooooo...thas uuugly. I didn't mean that at all. Thanks anyway.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2014 at 08:32 PM

I can't believe the vehicle is still just sitting there. I just edited my post down from 10 sentences to this. I can't believe the vehicle is still just sitting there.

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 5-11-2014 at 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
I can't believe the vehicle is still just sitting there. I just edited my post down from 10 sentences to this. I can't believe the vehicle is still just sitting there.

There are 100's of thousands of vehicles sitting in Police Impound lots all over the USA--------tied up by red tape and restrictions and simply no claims for them.

I admit it is astounding!!!

Barry
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2014 at 09:05 PM

MtGoat- I asked a few weeks ago about the social security checks. It is my understanding that they are auto deposited into his checking account and this board was informed that there have been no withdrawals. Had I been told that the auto deposits had ceased to be deposited and/or transferred to a different bank acct I'm sure LL would have looked into it.
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2014 at 05:52 AM

No Ab. No money has been taken out of his account since prior to leaving California.

I am totally confused about the vehicle and it just sitting in an unprotected lot close to the hotel. I had always thought it was secured.

Because Garys son saw what was in the 4 Runner when he went down there I hope all of the contents will still be there but I know better.

I have not heard from the rancher about when he is going back to Catavina. As soon as I know more about any progress with a search utilizing the locals I will report. At the present time I will contact the officer in Catavina who will return to his post after a lengthily vacation later this month. I have told the Pattons not to go to retrieve the vehicle until he returns. He is only one of a handful that knows what was recovered and if any item is not there I would assume he would be responsible but who takes responsibility anymore, or ever? Garys brother and son have dealt with this officer in the past so I don't want them to travel all that way to be told that they will have to wait further.
Marla Daily
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2014 at 06:33 AM

It is the clear and present situation that no one is doing anything about a search. The car sits abandoned full of Gary Patton's stuff and with a flat tire. It is jolting to see ~ a reality check ~ and a sad commentary. Anyone with a key could get in it and simply drive away!

Gary disappeared eight months and a week ago. How is it that no one has taken the time to visit the rancher who found the car? To go to the site where it was found? To gather information from the many potential clues, as have been pointed out on this forum? To hire local ranchers to search? The officer "in charge" is on an extended vacation?

The bottom line seems to be that no one has the pressing urgent interest or the time or the money. It is no one's top priority. Perhaps this is simply the end of the story.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2014 at 07:41 AM

I hope the camera is still in the vehicle, but with an unlocked door, I would guess it may be gone by now. :no::no:

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-12-2014 at 07:53 AM

Interesting case on a missing Social Security beneficiary:

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/OP_Home/rulings/oasi/35/SSR90-...
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2014 at 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
I hope the camera is still in the vehicle, but with an unlocked door, I would guess it may be gone by now. :no::no:
ya think the local constable on extended vacation has figured out how to work those fancy cameras yet?:?:
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2014 at 01:17 PM

Maria-Your right about the lingering of an attempted search and obtaining the vehicle however money has been placed with the right people to get boots on the ground with those knowledgeable of the area and start a search in the area where the vehicle was discovered.

The Pattons have been in touch with the Ministerio Publico in San Quintin and it has been quite a dog and pony show just to get the paper work together to retrieve the 4 Runner so this will happen soon enough. I am with you about the vehicle being there unprotected and apparently unlocked so who in the hell is watching it and are all the contents in the 4 Runner? I don't know and either do the Pattons. This is what is frustrating me. If anything is missing as far as contents in the vehicle that we know about sh it will hit the fan and someones ass will be spanked hard. It's a waiting game now until the police guy gets back so we can clear this up. Don't get frustrated - You have lived in mexico long enough to know this would be a waiting game.
Marla Daily
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2014 at 02:00 PM

Yes I have lived south of the border long enough to know that "paperwork" is all about paying pesos to everyone who can possibly have a hand held out—until there are no more hands being held out. It is not accompanied by accountability. Ever. In fact, it is seldom the same process in two identical situations.

Paperwork is about everyone's "importance" in an undefined process where time means nothing. Payment doesn't mean action in any way, shape or form. It is just that — payment.

Look at the roadside ambulance "prop" in Cataviña. Just where do all those donated pesos go? Not to the ambulance anyway.
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2014 at 04:39 PM

I thought the donations for ambulance service was in El Rosario not Catavina. Is this correct? If it is in El Rosario then I would assume that Antonio of Baja Cactus is the individual who runs those ambulances. Antonio has a big nut to crack especially when he does not obtain funds from the govt. for his services. I am sure all the money donated goes directly to ambulance services if this is Antonio. He's a great guy and saw the opportunity to help the community with this service because no one else stepped up,
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 5-12-2014 at 04:46 PM

LL,
Antonio's ambulance is a whole different show than the prop in Catavina.

Don't believe everything you think....
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2014 at 05:44 PM

Dearest Nomads:
We can assure you all that slow response time is not by our family's design! This is the painful reality of trying to manage this case from not 8 hours away, more like 12-15 hours to where the vehicle and the car sighting are. We lose a day driving down and a day back, so when we dropped everything upon news of the car discovery, and Gary's son and brother drove down 3/20 to identify the vehicle, there have been nothing but obstacles planning the next trip to claim the vehicle, because we were not allowed that trip to claim the car, take an inventory, check out the car for operability, nor have coordinates as to where car was found. We learned only later in early April, when the rancher came forward, how much more we'll have to coordinate to make our next trip.
Our family has made 6 trips in 8 months so please refrain from conclusions that we have dropped our efforts or given up trying to make something happen, and that we are not who is slow making things happen. The next trip plan for 4/25 or 5/1 was thwarted by the Catavina police commander kindly notifying us he was on holiday for a MONTH, and his station was closed (thank you, Maria for confirming that). We are currently trying to plan 5/2-6/1 but this is still to be confirmed so please remain patient and tolerant of our situation.
Maria, your efforts are greatly appreciated, and I am sorry you missed our reply to you on 5/7 at 5am (pg. 91) we did our best. I was concerned about you going to the vehicle unannounced, but glad you did. To our fellow Nomads, speculate at will about the situation, what happened, what we can do, but please do not doubt that we have given up or are not doing our damnest to still find Gary, nor that we will stop to the best that we can with what little we have left to keep trying. Please be clear on this one fact ...
IF our next tentative 5/30-6/2 date to search & claim the car is confirmed, we will either U2U, email if you shared your address, and POST here as to how that travel plan will look, and advise all of you, count on it! Understand we need to coordinate too with the rancher who does not carry a phone nor speaks english, the district attorney who speaks no english, and Catavina Commander must be there to release the car to us.
Thank you for your continued faith, hope, and offers to help. Please be assured, you are not being ignored but please appreciate our complexity in plans changing constantly. We are keeping a list and promise to advise volunteers when there is a confirmed date of arrival to Catavina.
(To Vagabond, the family did apologize to you via U2U for not responding; I believe timing was off because our guys had left already and quickly became frustrated when the police would not release the car nor any contents nor allow any internal search, so they returned home.) Keep in mind, the authorities have only told us in recent weeks we could now claim the car with a list of required identification paperwork we must present AND with translations to spanish!
Appreciate the leads to local folks w/homes nearby the desert areas so when our guys are there, we might question them if they saw Gary. Perhaps our rancher knows them.
Sincerest regards from the Family ....

P.S. Regarding the social security story link, that applies to a missing "beneficiary" not a direct recipient so this is not relevant to our case (an attorney has been consulted). And, again, there is no bank activity to-date.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 5-12-2014 at 06:23 PM

Thanks for your note. It explains a lot. I just went through my u2u in-box back to January 2013 and I have no messages from you or anyone else I didn't respond to. You didn't successfully post to my u2u, and I naturally heard nothing from you, thus my comment. The news that any information that MIGHT have been in the car has been corrupted seems to open the search even wider than before. Good luck with that.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 5-12-2014 at 06:45 PM

I think what we all should do is let this thread lie until the family make their trip and update the thread themselves. On thing i would like to see is that the Nomads who continue to speculate on occurences and outcomes or what the family should or shouldn't do or did or didn't do back off and repect the families requests. Thank you.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-12-2014 at 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
Thanks for your note. It explains a lot. I just went through my u2u in-box back to January 2013 and I have no messages from you or anyone else I didn't respond to. You didn't successfully post to my u2u, and I naturally heard nothing from you, thus my comment. The news that any information that MIGHT have been in the car has been corrupted seems to open the search even wider than before. Good luck with that.

that's the problem with this software. if someone spells your handle wrong the software will send it anyway. no error message. or whatever handle they sent it to (spelled wrong) has it in their box.

Doug should purge unused handles after a few years.....

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-13-2014 at 08:30 PM

A beneficiary is anyone that receives social security benefits either a retired worker or their family, directly or indirectly, not through inheritance as the word might make you think.

http://www.socialsecuritymatters.org/Get_the_Facts_files/Who...
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 5-13-2014 at 09:27 PM
SocalPattencrew

Hola/Hi,, We as you do wish the safe find of Gary....the same name of my Kid brother that was killed by the AMA !!! This is my first post on this thread...watching and wishing as somebody that KNOWS BAJA and its WAYS.....I used to do SAR with many units....point being,,,almost all folks here are trying to help..Tho ,,,,at times it might not seem so.......But..I assure you99.9 posts here are from folks that have been out there and know anything can happen at any time to anyone and are here with your family to help!!! We will all Stand with you as we all know it could be are brother,,father,,sis....us NOMADS will/can help you in this ...Idle speculation is not wanted or needed..I truly wish ,,,myself was on site...But,,I'm not..so,,in closeing,,,your standin Tall for your bro and that's .........
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2014 at 04:43 PM

Nomads: We need and definitely appreciate everything you ALL offer daily in your posts --please do not stop contributing if we miss a few things, and it's okay to remind us if we've missed something, especially your kind offers to help .. In our posts, we try to stay very factual and informative for you, and not emotional. So please continue to be your knowledgeable Nomad selves, keep the creative juices flowing, have perceptive discussions, because your contributions are invaluable to us. We've been together too long now to constrict free speech and healthy banter. And, we desperately need you!
Most earnest and warmest regards, always ..

FYI--Gary's brother is seriously trying to make the next trip to Catavina and the sighting area on May 29th, but again, we'll reconfirm ... hopefully soon.
 Pages:  1  ..  95    97    99  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.