BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  96    98    100  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-14-2014 at 09:25 PM

Family I feel for you and I know you want some closure to this horrible ordeal you are going through. The only thing I can add at this point is that I feel the horseback riders will be your best bet, though rereading Lizard Lips post the rancher made it sound like there was a lot of horseback riding through the area between him and other ranchers with their cattle but so far no one has found any significant clue except the car and its contents.

I would leave the search to seasoned residents or others that know the weather and the terrain well.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2014 at 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
...........I feel the horseback riders will be your best bet,,,,,,

....you better check with the horses and riders what they feel like traipsing the area in the temperatures these daze :O:wow:
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2014 at 08:52 AM

Just letting everyone know that nothing has been reported from the rancher as yet. Should know more soon and when it comes in and it will be posted.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-16-2014 at 09:05 AM

What are you waiting for a report on LL?
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
Just letting everyone know that nothing has been reported from the rancher as yet. Should know more soon and when it comes in and it will be posted.
pappy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2014 at 01:35 PM

check the "perfect baja exploration vehicle" link. it would be perectly suited for a mission like search and rescue...
danaeb
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 5-16-2014 at 02:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:

You are in Ensenada, no? It's not too far for you to go to Catavina to do your own detective work. You speak Spanish and you have a comprehensive list of things to investigate.

[Edited on 5-16-2014 by danaeb]

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake every time you repeat it.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 5-16-2014 at 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by danaeb
Quote:
Quote:

You are in Ensenada, no? It's not too far for you to go to Catavina to do your own detective work. You speak Spanish and you have a comprehensive list of things to investigate.
[Edited on 5-16-2014 by danaeb]

jijijijiji:light:

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 5-16-2014 at 04:07 PM

Lizard Lips has told everyone not to communicate with the Rancher.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2014 at 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by danaeb

You are in Ensenada, no?

Correct. No.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 5-16-2014 at 06:16 PM

Wow DENNIS I have made some comments on your posts and you SCREAMED at me TO BUTT OUT and now you are commenting on mine, I don't mind but hey Bud, what's good for the gander is good for the goose!!
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-18-2014 at 09:15 AM
What's good for the Gander ................

Is not getting Goosed ?
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2014 at 08:22 PM

Dear Nomads: Like to give you all a heads-up today that the next planned trip for Gary's brother, Dave, is either Thursday, May 29th or Friday May 30th in CATAVINA. The current plan is that he will arrive (first) to SQ ministera & police to claim Gary's car, then head to Catavina, either same day if time allows, or early next a.m. Then he needs to check in with the Catavina police commander and make arrangements to get the car running and tires fixed. He may stay a night at the hotel Catavina if he arrives very late at night, but we'd like to designate the hotel a meeting place.

Then his next plan is to meet up with the rancher, again at Hotel Catavina. If Nomads arrive on Friday early at the hotel, they should be able to find Dave there, group together and ride/drive together to the car sighting that day. Depending on weather and heat, and camping/cooking gear, water, etc., Dave may camp a night before returning to the hotel to do more searching. To be clear, the Ranch belonging to the rancher has NO accommodations except the land. You all know that, well before dark, the trip needs to be made back to the hotel Catavina toward any civilization, ie., - food, water, bathroom, phone, gas, etc. with that road trip time in mind.

The rest of the trip plan will depend on other factors. Obviously, we'd want more clues and findings on Gary himself. Dave's interest is in trying to search as much as possible given the circumstances. The other primary goal is to get the vehicle back home, we hope, safely and with minimal issues. If any of you want to be on our email / phone distribution list for communications as we get closer to the travel dates, either U2U us or call 949-697-9285 (U.S. Cell), and we add you w/your additional contact information. Please share where you would be leaving from , it may be helpful for us to know, especially on Dave's return back with Gary's car (Monday 6/2) if anyone could accompany that travel (especially given the condition of Gary's car, not being driven 8 months.)

We again thank all our Nomads for your continued support thru what may be our last trip for a long while. We hope that there'll be more useful information gathered from this effort, and we will report and update the CONFIRMED date and time that Dave should arrive, given that it is a healthy drive from San Quintin, so please stay tuned and God bless all of you Nomads for being there for us, again!
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2014 at 08:30 PM

I'm betting you will get some assistance from Nomads. All the best to your family!

On edit: I cannot make it next week. I'll be working those days.

[Edited on 5-22-2014 by Ateo]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2014 at 07:14 AM

Wishing you the BEST of luck with the search.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2014 at 05:57 AM

I have made reservations at the Catavina Hotel for the family.

Is anyone going to be able to help? This is Blanca wondering out loud.

Lets make this happen, amigos!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 5-22-2014 at 07:00 AM

Since Ron Hoff wrote on his forum that he got lost in the area and he is very familiar with the area and he had a GPS, are there GPS's being utilized?
Are there any experienced people from the area leading the search? Did the family hire ranchers in the area to assist?
BajaRun
Nomad

Mood: Just Cruisin'

[*] posted on 5-22-2014 at 08:48 AM

Just a suggestion... I would have a discussion with the night security guard at the Catavina Hotel. His name is Perfecto Romero.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2014 at 09:12 AM

I think Dave (Gary's brother) or LL should coordinate any group going down to search. If this trip the end of the month is to visit the site and talk to the rancher and bring back the car then there is no reason for a lot of people to go. If and when there is an effort to branch out and visit the variouis ranches and the people living along the coast to get information about Gary a date should be set and the more help the better. But first I think the local cowboys should be used to search the immediate area of where the car was found. Anyone can drive down a road and look but going thru the bush is a lot different. One would expect a rational person to stay near the road but if he is not thinking rationally who knows what he may do.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-22-2014 at 09:55 AM

If Gary walked from his stuck 4Runner on the road he drove in on... or ANY road, he would have been found.

Since he wasn't found, he walked cross-country (or not on any auto road).

As TW says, finding him from the front seat of any car/truck/SUV probably won't happen. Horses, motorcycles, maybe quads is the way to look I would think?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2014 at 12:34 PM

For all of you that want to know I am not going to search for Gary. I have way to much work right now and need the cash. I have a son in medical school which is costing me tons and just don't have the time. I wish I did and I would be there but just can't. Even if I did go to search I would probably start where the vehicle was found and go from there but I have been in the desert, as most of you have, and its a huge unforgiving place to be especially not knowing what the hell you are doing except looking for the possibility of finding a clue. Needle in a haystack? YEP! If I had a four wheeler or motorcycle all the better

Where it is right now- The rancher has the pesos that were given to him by me, Garys family, to pay for those that live in the area and can do so much more than any of us. Garys brother is coming down next week and will follow up with what needs to be done as far as taking possession of the 4 Runner and make an accounting of what is there. I was told he will make contact with the rancher and go to the vehicle site.

If any of you that want to go out there when the brother is there then make contact, U2U, with the Pattons and tell them your plans. They need all the help they can get.

Good luck
 Pages:  1  ..  96    98    100  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.