Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  97    99    101  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-22-2014 at 12:59 PM

not to be a burr in the saddle, but wouldn't any rancher (or passerby) notice the vultures that would have been hovering over a carcass for a couple of days and go investigate?

I hope the family gets some answers, but a search for the body is futile 8 months later.....

J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 5-22-2014 at 01:50 PM

The question has come up a number of times about action on the mans bank account and as far as I can tell it hasn't ben addressed. Some of us have way deeper pockets than other's but it is inconceivable to me one could spend the amount of time he was supposed to spend in Baja financing ones self out of pocket. his bank account would give a timeline as to his whereabouts it would make tracking him a lot easier.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-22-2014 at 02:09 PM

Lizard Lips has made the statement several times that no money has been drawn out of Gary's bank account since he disappeared in September.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2014 at 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
not to be a burr in the saddle, but wouldn't any rancher (or passerby) notice the vultures that would have been hovering over a carcass for a couple of days and go investigate?

Absolutely, as they would first reason it was one of their livestock.
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-22-2014 at 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
For all of you that want to know I am not going to search for Gary. I have way to much work right now and need the cash. I have a son in medical school which is costing me tons and just don't have the time. I wish I did and I would be there but just can't. Even if I did go to search I would probably start where the vehicle was found and go from there but I have been in the desert, as most of you have, and its a huge unforgiving place to be especially not knowing what the hell you are doing except looking for the possibility of finding a clue. Needle in a haystack? YEP! If I had a four wheeler or motorcycle all the better

Where it is right now- The rancher has the pesos that were given to him by me, Garys family, to pay for those that live in the area and can do so much more than any of us. Garys brother is coming down next week and will follow up with what needs to be done as far as taking possession of the 4 Runner and make an accounting of what is there. I was told he will make contact with the rancher and go to the vehicle site.

If any of you that want to go out there when the brother is there then make contact, U2U, with the Pattons and tell them your plans. They need all the help they can get.

Good luck

At some point, it would be nice to know where the truck was found... exactly where, not just the approx. kilometer directions the rancher gave.

I also would think searchers would like to know where the ranch is where the truck was first moved to... as I see no ranch anywhere near where the directions given put the truck... on Google Earth or Bing, which has newer images than GE typically has. Thanks.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

J.P.
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2014 at 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Lizard Lips has made the statement several times that no money has been drawn out of Gary's bank account since he disappeared in September.

I heard it bantered around he was on social security which is a part of my income. if I disappeared in September and didn't make any withdraws after that I probably could be found close to where I made the last withdrawl .
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2014 at 09:32 PM

J.P. I have not responded to anyone's comments or ideas of what happened to Gary yet but when I read your last post I had just took a mouth full of coffee and now it's all over my computer screen and desk. Thank you for that Sir.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 5-22-2014 at 09:44 PM
LIZard Lips

You Are A Asset & Thank YOU !!!
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 5-22-2014 at 09:47 PM
TO BE CLEAR !!!

Lizard LIPS HAS helped sooo much on this!!!!!
Elena La Loca
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2014 at 10:52 PM

I might have to come down with yet another case of the "Baja Flu"...I feel it comin' on, and STRONG!!! I so want to help find some closure on this whole thing. Can't imagine the pain the Patton crew is going through. (Grew up w/ some Patton's in La Jolla but pretty certain not the same clan...but you never know...we're all related SOMEHOW!!!)

Haven't replied to this thread but have been following it with bated breath.

I only have this to report from personal observation: I can verify that the FourRunner was at the Cataviņa police station on 5/16 (left front tire flat) That's the 130km/h tourist version of a Baja CSI investigator.

Sorry I didn't ask Oscar & Matilde about all this when I stopped through there to visit them at Rancho Santa Inčs 5/12 while WB was co-dawg on the Cataviņa-BayofLA run in the #777 truck for the Mexican 1000. Was more involved catching up with our ahijada (Mayra) and the happenings at the ranch.

Will be south again for the Baja 500 and just might have to milk that vacation time a little bit to lend a hand (if for nothing else I *think* I play a mean ukulele so if somebody else can collect the firewood _ and maybe somebody bring a harmonica, and somebody else bring some s'more's fixin's...we could make the best of a gnarly situation and share some love - some "we're all in this together" kind of love...hopefully you're all catching my drift here)

Peace love & light to all involved. Keep praying, people. Miracles happen. Someday we all might be a part of one!
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 10:01 AM

...it occurred to me how useful it'd be to have one of those gyro-copter thingies for a search...you could have any number of people watching their screens live from home as the thing flew about,,,and it's GPS would give accurate information of any locations of interest for a closer look.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
...it occurred to me how useful it'd be to have one of those gyro-copter thingies for a search...you could have any number of people watching their screens live from home as the thing flew about,,,and it's GPS would give accurate information of any locations of interest for a closer look.

except how would the signal get out to the interweb from the desert 2 hours west of Catavina?

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 11:10 AM

....^^...okay,,,so not so 'live',,but could be useful nonetheless,no?
..those things have the ability to transmit image within their own are at least
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 11:10 AM

The drone search is a good idea. People on site could monitor the cam view live via smart phones or tables. The flight could be recorded, a video, and uploaded to the internet later for viewing,and examination.

SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 03:30 PM

Our family is getting conflicting information about the presence and availability of the Catavina police for that weekend 5/30. Hopefully, all of you can understand that our family can't make a trip that does not result in getting Gary's car back. So, unfortunately, we need to postpone again, this trip will not happen 5/29...
And there are a couple other reasons causing the reschedule. We do hope to reschedule for a few weeks from now.

Please hang in there with us while we try to regroup again. Enjoy the holiday weekend safely, Nomads.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 03:39 PM

There are limitations to distance of the signal for a drone............unless you happen to have a military drone. Our family has a one of the best drones on the market.....and it certainly will not do what you may think it can. At best a mile away.

You can see a capture of our farm .....this is about 400 ft
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=292259927606669&set...

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
J.P.
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 04:23 PM
Delay, Delay, Delay

As a casual observer, it would appear that the family is placing more of a priority on claiming a old P.O.S. Toyota than finding their lost family member. :?::?::?::?::?:
RnR
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 06:55 PM

Just drove through Catavina this afternoon, 5/23, about 2 pm.

The 4runner is still there.

Police station door was open, patrol truck was parked outside, a uniformed officer was washing the front windshield.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 07:02 PM

The following weekend (6/7) is the Baja 500 and there will be traffic and even some racing on the main road, so just know that in case you reschedule for that weekend.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 07:29 PM

most looked at police station in all of Baja!
 Pages:  1  ..  97    99    101  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.