BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Some interesting forum stats.
Braulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 06:37 PM
Some interesting forum stats.

I just checked out the stat link that's at the top of every page - it reinforced something I already suspected:

1764 total members

Average number of posts per day - about 62

The average member has about 36.5 posts

In the past day JR has 19 posts.

I bet over half the posts are made by the same 6 or 8 people.

This forum has become like one of those rundown congales (bars) you see in Baja - where you drop by every now and then hoping that the rundown hoars have been replaced by some nice sweet 19 year old things.

But it never happens. Life just doesn't work that way.
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 06:54 PM
Braulio

Now that you've done the stats and know who to avoid you can still participate without being burdened with people you don't want to read. Hang in there bro...
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 07:20 PM
Braulio

How many posts did "SIR" have. He seems to be everywere.

So glad I will always be--just Normal Nomad. It relieves one of the need to post much about nothing in order to score.

[Edited on 7-20-2005 by Baja Bernie]

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
bufeo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 07:23 PM

I agree Mike,

I rarely visit here anymore, and, when I do, I assiduously avoid those ubiquitous posters.

rpleger
Super Nomad

Mood: Was good.

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 07:53 PM

That would be a lively bar to hang out in and the discussians would be a riot.
I would hang there every day and have a ball bull sh*ting with these guys.

Richard on the Hill

*ABROAD*, adj. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to
be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable.
-- Ambrose Bierce, _The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary_
Braulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 08:00 PM

Mike - I read your lastest offerings today - you're one of the reasons I keep coming back - don't get me wrong - I'm not calling you a hoar or anything.

bufeo - people with vocabularies like yours are the other downfall of this forum.

Baja B - I'll dedicate a thread to you later this evening - I've got to run now - it's one of those things I'd best think thrice before I post...

rpleger - a man has to dream.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 08:30 PM
As always Braulio

another brilliant post. Would you like some cheese to go with your whine? Ever consider making your own narrow minded bored?

Apparently, there are some on here who are interested in parts of Baja other than tourists trips to the gringo enclaves:light:

At least according to the number of people who do open and reply to my posts.:lol: I like to refer to them as humans.:light:
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 08:32 PM

Let the show begin.....:spingrin:
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
How many posts did "SIR" have. He seems to be everywere.

So glad I will always be--just Normal Nomad. It relieves one of the need to post much about nothing in order to score.

[Edited on 7-20-2005 by Baja Bernie]

I am everywhere EXCEPT Baja!!!!:fire: Sir has spoken:lol:

[Edited on 7-20-2005 by yankeeirishman]

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 08:36 PM
oh oh!

Quote:
Originally posted by Braulio
Mike - I read your lastest offerings today - you're one of the reasons I keep coming back - don't get me wrong - I'm not calling you a hoar or anything.

bufeo - people with vocabularies like yours are the other downfall of this forum.

Baja B - I'll dedicate a thread to you later this evening - I've got to run now - it's one of those things I'd best think thrice before I post...

rpleger - a man has to dream.

vocabularies like thrice is choking! Thought I spell check since DK is out of town :lol:

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 08:47 PM

Braulio: agree 100%. And look, head Bambozo says the same anti-American crap on this thread as well.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 7-19-2005 at 08:49 PM
I'm going to need

more cheese!

And how you groupers turn that into anti-american is beyond me. It's more like anti idiot and it has nothing to do with nationality. Remember the huarache fitting? Yer a regular Cinderella.

[Edited on 7/20/2005 by jrbaja]
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 09:30 PM

Nevermind....... Go at it and take up the whole board again, again, etc.:(
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 09:49 PM
Sorry Sally

But when the coop groupers we seldom hear from, unless it's to start their usual clucking, mention my name, I tend to respond.
There's only a few though. Funny how we don't hear from them and all of a sudden there they all are. Funny.:o

Just do what they do, don't open the posts:light:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 7-19-2005 at 09:54 PM
There must be a whole in the fence somewhere

It's like old coop night around here!:lol::lol::lol:

Let me guess, everyones returning from bola>:light:

Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 09:58 PM

"1764 total members"
"The average member has about 36.5 posts..."

I don't think this is an accurate picture of the typical member. There are many members who joined this forum but soon stopped visiting. Go to "Baja Nomad" and then scroll down to "Who's Online" then you will see the more accurate picture of who frequents this board.
lindsay
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 10:05 PM
My Two Cents...

I was just "de-juniorized" in my nomad rating this past week so all I can say from my time here is that the board has many posters and day in and day out, I find posts I'll never get to due to time, some that I offer up and others that I comment on. So Braulio, I hope that you can find something that will bring you back. My own recommendation for a post to check out from today is Osprey's Good Cop/Bad Cop which I read a bit earlier tonight. If you enjoy stories that are vivid, he's one to not pass up.
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 10:22 PM
if you cant find...

something pretty interesting to check out on this site on a regular basis then youre probably just a bored cybergeek that needs to get a life....i'll admit, it has its ups and downs but usually theres something to hold my interest and occasionally i even toss in my own 2 cents...probably what most keeps me coming back though is the bizzare collection of personalities to be found here...thats including myself :lol::lol:
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 11:04 PM
Bambozo

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
more cheese!

And how you groupers turn that into anti-american is beyond me. It's more like anti idiot and it has nothing to do with nationality. Remember the huarache fitting? Yer a regular Cinderella.

Wow, you went back and gave me some more after the fact...did I get to you... you are the grouper, Bambozo, and yes, you are anti-American
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-20-2005 at 12:10 AM

Braulio, I would be very interested if you would post a daily piece on what you did in Mexcali or what others did in Mexicali, each day, of interest... Include the day's temperture as well!

I have a new Mexican amigo who IM's and emails me from Mexicali... an engineer with a Jeep. Another amigo is a hunting guide and owns a guest ranch near Laguna Hanson, and recently purchased the Matomi canyon where we go (my web site photos inspired him to buy the place)... interesting people to be sure!

Anyway, Mexicali seems such an uncomfortable place to be, yet there are so many who call it home. Please think about it, daily posts from Baja and about Baja are interesting!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.